Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Alcohol is Satan's chief tool in the highway to hell.....

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
WHAT WOULD SATAN DO??????

NINE SATANIC STATEMENTS!!!!! RECORDED IN 1969!!!!!

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence.

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit.

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates.

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires.

7. Satan represents man as just another animalsometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours--who, because of his divine spiritual and intellectual development, has become the most vicious animal of all.

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification.

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He kas kept it in business all these years.

Soma:

Let's rephrase the questions you asked me:

Ever overeaten before????

If so you have crossed the line of "moderation" one time too many!

Why take the risk?

What do you NEED to eat for?

See your logic??????

I didn't think so.

God allows me to drink and told me it is not a sin. No, I do not get drunk.

Go back and read the bible better.

Drinking the alcohol of today is a sin.

Plain and Simple.

No it isn't if God pronounced it clean. You are twisting the scripture dealing with excess and gluttony, something that can happen with food as well. I am convinced you are a false prophet because you are openly rebellious.

Ever overeaten before????

If so you have crossed the line of "moderation" one time too many!

Why take the risk?

What do you NEED to eat for?

LOGIC?????

DO YOU NEED TO DRINK ALCOHOL TO LIVE!!!!!

COME OUT OF BABYLON MY FRIEND AND EMBRACE THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT AND NOT THE FLESH!

God allows me to drink and told me it is not a sin.

YOU ARE DECIEVED.

"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging; and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise."

[Proverbs 20:1]

Once again I ask..... Have you ever been drunk before?

Diseases associated with alcoholism

There are several scientific reasons for the prohibition of consumption of intoxicants i.e. alcohol. The maximum number of deaths in the world related to any one particular cause is due to the consumption of alcohol. Millions of people die every year only because of intake of alcohol. I need not go into the details of all the ill-effects of alcohol since most of them are commonly known. Below is a simple list of few of the alcohol related illnesses:

Cirrhosis of Liver is the most well known alcohol associated disease.

Others are Cancer of Oesophagus, Cancer of Head and Neck, Cancer of Liver (Hepatoma), Cancer of Bowel, etc.

Oesophagitis, Gastritis, Pancreatitis and Hepatitis are linked with alcohol consumption.

Cardiomyopathy, Hypertension, Coronary Artherosclerosis, Angina and Heart Attacks are linked with heavy alcohol intakes.

Strokes, Apoplexy, Fits and different types of Paralysis are linked with alcohol intake.

Peripheral Neuropathy, Cortical Atrophy, Cerebellar Atrophy are well-known syndromes caused by alcohol consumption.

Wernicke – Korsakoff syndrome with amnesia of recent events, confabulations and retainment of memory to old events with different types of paralysis are mainly due to thiamine deficiency due to excessive alcohol intake.

Beriberi and other deficiencies are not uncommon among alcoholics. Even Pellagra occurs in alcoholics.

Delerium Tremens is a serious complication that may occur during recurrent infection of alcoholics or post operatively. It also occurs during abstention as a sign of withdrawal effect. It is quite serious and may cause death even if treated in well equipped centres.

Numerous Endocrine Disorders have been associated with alcoholism ranging from Myxodema to Hyperthyroidism and Florid Cushing Syndrome.

Hematological ill effects are long and variable. Folic acid deficiency, however, is the most common manifestation of alcoholic abuse resulting in Macrocytic Anemia. Zeive’s syndrome is a triad of Hemolytic Anemia, Jaundice and Hyperlipaedemia that follows alcoholic binges.

Thrombocytopenia and other platelet abnormalities are not rare in alcoholics.

The commonly used tablet metronidazole (flagyl) interacts badly with alcohol.

Recurrent infection is very common among chronic alcoholics. The resistance to disease and the immunological defense system are compromised by alcohol intake.

Chest infections are notorious in alcoholics. Pneumonia, Lung Abcess, Emphysema and Pulmonary Tuberculosis are all common in alcoholics.

During acute alcoholic intoxication, the drunk person usually vomits, the cough reflexes which are protective are paralysed. The vomitus thus easily pass to the lung causing Pneumonia or Lung Abscess. Occasionally it may even cause suffocation and death.

The ill effects of alcohol consumption on women deserves special mention. Females are more vulnerable to alcohol-related Cirrhosis than men. During pregnancy alcohol consumption has a severe detrimental effect on the foetus. Foetal Alcohol Syndrome is being recognised more and more in the medical profession.

Skin diseases are also related to alcohol indulgence.

Eczema, Alopecia, Nail Dystrophy, Paronychia (infection around the nails) and Angular Stomatitis (inflammation of the angle of the mouth) are common diseases among alcoholics.

http://www.irf.net/irf/dtp/dawah_tech/mcqnm12.htm

Here's an interesting article for all to read from CNN stating the benefits of wine:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/conditions/11/01/fat.fightingwine.ap/index.html

Actually, this is more about red wine extracts, but the concept is similar. As long as one does not overdo wine and get drunk as the bible clearly warns about (which I never do) and do things in moderation, it has health benefits (including making a merry heart ). :-D)

This is demonstrated in scripture where God allowed the Israelites to partake in strong drink along with other staples for their festive tithe. As a matter of fact, this tithe was a command and like any law that was disobeyed, they could be severely punished. (Deut 14:26)

In addition, other foods are good and pronounced clean as well. Salt, which is highly demonized by the medical establishment, is in fact good for you. Now, like wine, I am not advocating that one sprinkles their food coated white with it, but in moderation is quite healthy. When one has to "retrain" their tastes to abstain from salt, then they don't have enough salt and the medical establishment is as fanatical as those who won't touch a drop of alcohol.

Likewise, olive oil is good for you. Today this is generally agreed upon, but there was a time when "all fats", including olive oil, were considered bad. I predicted long time ago, only because I believe heavily in God's Word, that olive oil was good for you when the anti-fat diet police warned me that I was dead wrong. What happened? They changed their mind and tune when they saw how wrong the philosophy was.

Duet 14 (the chapter on the second tithe) is really God's food pyramid of sorts for those who do not have spiritual blinders on.

What does he name first? Grain. Then comes the wine and strong drink. Besides the alcoholic variety, this would be foods from the fruit category. Then olive oil comes next. Lastly, we have meats. This is the order of importance that God placed on these staples. Notice they are similar to the food pyramid the medical establishment gave to us with some differences: namely, olive oil fat is not at the top, but before meats. As for salt, all the meat (grain) offerings were to have salt sprinkled in them, and the Levites ate of them.

I used OT scripture to justify clean foods. What does Paul teach?

Romans 14:1-3

Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

My prayer: Oh Lord, help me not to despise those who judge me.

The Jews teach that in the age of Messiah, all foods will be declared clean. This is why I will not make dietary food laws a "salvation issue" lest I show myself weak and judge others. I only teach it from the pragmatic end because God knows the human body better than we do. But if He pronouces something clean, then we can be certain it is OK to have.

Soma-Sight said:
YOU ARE DECIEVED.

"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging; and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise."

[Proverbs 20:1]

Once again I ask..... Have you ever been drunk before?

Yup decieved, and keep on believing sin is ok until the scales fall off!

tim_from_pa said:
Here's an interesting article for all to read from CNN stating the benefits of wine:

Yeah, ill believe the lying news media :o

I used to drink.

It caused me nothing but problems!

I know MANY people that drink and it NEVER makes them better people or helps them make Christlike decisions.....

EVER!!!!!!!

With all the irresponsibility, death, incest, fornication, murder, insanity, disease ASSOCIATED with alcohol a TRUE CHRISTIAN should not even LOOK AT IT as God proclaims in proverbs......

31Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.

LOOK NOT IMPLIES TASTE NOT!!!! ABSTAIN FROM ALL APPEARANCES OF EVIL. WINE IS ASSOCIATED WITH ALL KINDS OF EVILS!!!

Health Benifits of Alcohol???????

DRINK UNFERMENTED GRAPE JUICE FOR THE SAME HEALTH BOOSTS!!!!

I know first hand what alcohol can do to you. Drinking is not for everyone, some do very well and some don't. And for us that don't. One drink is to many' and a thousand is not enough.

Lewis W said:
I know first hand what alcohol can do to you. Drinking is not for everyone, some do very well and some don't. And for us that don't. One drink is to many' and a thousand is not enough.

Actually, I agree. What is considered moderation for one may have more effects on others. In my case, I drink a little after work on occasion and it has a relaxing effect if I had a bad day. My blood pressure is better because of it, although I take herbs for that as well after I flushed the meds down the toilet one day (they were worthless)

Based on the past posts with extremely large shouting letters, I knew there was an emotional reasoning there blinded to what the Word of the Lord was really saying. All the scripture one finds on drunkenness is true, but notice this has to do with abuse, the same as with gluttony. There are a lot of Christians who press their lips tightly shut while splashing on the after-shave they don't even want to consume a drop of alcohol (and feel self-righteous about it), but the bathroom scale tells another story. They are killing themselves by eating the wrong foods.

Face it, there are those that have one drop of alcohol and are hooked and can't control themselves. But where the blinders come into play is that they erroneously assume that all people are equally weak and will go down the dismal path of destruction like they did. Usually this happens to one who reasons emotionally, with black/white and maybe even fatalistic views of life and assume the whole world is that way.

If it is a sin for them to drink (as supported by scripture), then it is. But for some it is not. The scripture teaches that as well if one wants me to point that out and I can explain why.

Well I've had a little giggle on this thread, I know it's naughty but what the hell, I'm going there anyway according to some of you lol. :smt074
I know that some of you are really going for the sin of drinking but haven't you forgotton something and it's not been mentioned unless I've missed it lol. One sin isn't any different to any other in Gods eyes, I think I'm right, please tell me if I'm wrong on that one lol, Please don't be hasty on having a go at people who drink as we are all human and have our faults and we are allowed to fall at times.
Wouldn't this thread be put to better use trying to find out why they get drunk and what causes people to get that far anyway. I'm sure people could put their gifts to better use that way and your wouldn't be giving the devil so much glory. You talk about people who follow the occult giving glory to the devil well here's more than enough for him to get from the very people who are supposed to be against him. You should recognise that when your talking about him and saying what he's good at he's having a laugh at your expense as he's got you looking at him instead of looking at your saviour, I just hope you see what I'm saying as I'm not here to have a go, just look at yourselves and sort this out.
many blessings to you all.
lisa.

One sin isn't any different to any other in Gods eyes

And this sin has DRASTIC Consequences.....

drunk-driving-accident.jpg

I have a beer here and there. I mean the last beer I had was on Labor day 9/4/06, and it was a single beer. I use to drink like a fish, pop LSD like candy, and smoke Meth untill the glass would get so hot it would melt. I'm thinkful that I no longer drink as I did. God knows how many times I drove home blitzed. Each time I could have taken a life, or my own life. But God had other plans with me. And I think Him for that each day I wake up and breath air into the God given lungs I have.

Well I guess that settles it, 90% of the world is sinning everyday. Hell is gonna be a busy place.
Heck I'm Canadian, drinking beer is a prerequisite.
Remember no alcohol on the highway to hell, that would be drinking and driving.

I have a beer here and there. I mean the last beer I had was on Labor day 9/4/06, and it was a single beer. I use to drink like a fish, pop LSD like candy, and smoke Meth untill the glass would get so hot it would melt. I'm thinkful that I no longer drink as I did. God knows how many times I drove home blitzed. Each time I could have taken a life, or my own life. But God had other plans with me. And I think Him for that each day I wake up and breath air into the God given lungs I have.

Right on.

God be with you....

Letting Alcohol become your God is a sin' drunkiness drunkenness is a sin. I drank poped LSD shot meth you name it. And I was out of control, and I can't just have one drink. I have to drink until' I am blasted. So I can't drink alcohol' because I won't stop. But some people can, and one or two drinks is not a sin. But if you think it is a sin Romans 14' then it is a sin to you. But don't put that on everybody.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back