Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Are you wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

All Israel

donadams

Only Jesus Christ: the way, the truth, the life!
Catholicism Overseer
Romans 11:26
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Does this mean individual jews cannot be lost?
Thks

Prayer to a generic providence is one thing where to they ever mention Jesus Christ!
The historical record shows they all agreed that they would be led in their daily morning prayers before working on our founding documents by local clergymen not freemason .
Your personal speculation not withstanding.

"We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded; and we ourselves shall become a reproach and by-word down to future ages...I therefore beg leave to move — that henceforth prayers imploring the assistance of Heaven, and its blessings on our deliberations, be held in this Assembly every morning before we proceed to business, and that one or more of the clergy of this city be requested to officiate in that service."
--Benjamin Franklin, in James Madison's Notes on the Federal Convention

Take History 101, History of Western Civilization. The Roman Empire tolerated Christianity under Constantine, and adopted Christianity as the official religion of the Empire by Theodosius.
The Roman empire was not founded in Christianity.
The adoption of Christianity came long after it's founding .

That was your concern--it isn't mine. I stated that there were Christian states. You countered by saying states aren't founded on Christianity or on Jehovah except for Israel. Why is it a concern whether a state is founded on Christianity or not?

Your attempted diversion away from my point that there are Christian states to how that Christian state was founded was not a point I ever made, nor is it even necessary to be made in what I was saying. If you wish to deny anything I said, you cannot do so by changing the subject.

You said, "There is only one nation in history founded on Christian Principles, but that never made it a "Christian Nation" "

I'm not sure Israel was *founded on Christian principles* when it gradually developed in Egypt? Abraham himself got his start in Ur of the Chaldees. So we should rather ask, "Did God pre-plan Israel to be a nation of faith?" And I would answer, Yes, and in the same way many other nations were pre-planned to be nations of faith. They are all promised to be nations of faith when God told Abraham he would be father of "many nations."

So just ask the question, When did the *state* become a Christian political entity? That is when David established a unity between faith and politics. And that is when Christian kings converted to Christianity, and the people became a Christian people.

I would argue that the *Christian* Roman Empire was founded on Christianity. Why would a previous pagan tradition make any difference whether the Roman Empire was a "Christian nation" or not?

Last edited:
That was your concern--it isn't mine. I stated that there were Christian states. You countered by saying states aren't founded on Christianity or on Jehovah except for Israel. Why is it a concern whether a state is founded on Christianity or not?

Your attempted diversion away from my point that there are Christian states to how that Christian state was founded was not a point I ever made, nor is it even necessary to be made in what I was saying. If you wish to deny anything I said, you cannot do so by changing the subject.
My only claim is that there is only one nation that was founded in Christianity , both in actual prayer and precept .
My claim stands.

My only claim is that there is only one nation that was founded in Christianity , both in actual prayer and precept .
My claim stands.
Re-read my previous post--I added to it that your claim is questionable, and that what matters most is the fact the state becomes Christian.

Here it is:
You said, "There is only one nation in history founded on Christian Principles, but that never made it a "Christian Nation" "

I'm not sure Israel was *founded on Christian principles* when it gradually developed in Egypt? Abraham himself got his start in Ur of the Chaldees. So we should rather ask, "Did God pre-plan Israel to be a nation of faith?" And I would answer, Yes, and in the same way many other nations were pre-planned to be nations of faith. They are all promised to be nations of faith when God told Abraham he would be father of "many nations."

So just ask the question, When did the *state* become a Christian political entity? That is when David established a unity between faith and politics. And that is when Christian kings converted to Christianity, and the people became a Christian people.

Israel was not founded by men .
It was founded by God Himself who had to bring a stiffnecked people into the land as they resisted .
From the foot of Mt. Sini where God had to kill over 4000 of them in one day for their resistance to His will.
To the point that God made an entire generation of them walk the wilderness for 40 years until the carcasses of that generation fell dead in desert.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Num 14:29-30
Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me,
Doubtless ye shall not come into the land, concerning which I sware to make you dwell therein, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Notice the Word of God that it is He alone who will by force , ie " WILL MAKE ..." a stubborn and stiffnecked people a nation

The very fact that you want to equate the nation God led by a hook in their nose to any other nations founding, killing off an entire generation of them in their resistance to Him, is proof that you cannot name more than one solitary nation in history whose founders did the opposite & sought God's guidance as they composed the founding documents of the nation.

Israel was not founded by men .
It was founded by God Himself who had to bring a stiffnecked people into the land as they resisted .
From the foot of Mt. Sini where God had to kill over 4000 of them in one day for their resistance to His will.
To the point that God made an entire generation of them walk the wilderness for 40 years until the carcasses of that generation fell dead in desert.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Num 14:29-30
Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me,
Doubtless ye shall not come into the land, concerning which I sware to make you dwell therein, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Notice the Word of God that it is He alone who will by force , ie " WILL MAKE ..." a stubborn and stiffnecked people a nation

The very fact that you want to equate the nation God led by a hook in their nose to any other nations founding, killing off an entire generation of them in their resistance to Him, is proof that you cannot name more than one solitary nation in history whose founders did the opposite & sought God's guidance as they composed the founding documents of the nation.
Okay, suit yourself.

As I said salvation is a matter of faith in Jesus and not because one belongs to a people group.
Yes, I'm disagreeing with that because if God *required* that *all nations* produce Christians then it is *necessary* as a matter of God's Word that He choose certain nations, namely all nations, and not leave any out. So it is in fact critical that nationalities be part of the equation.

The historical record shows they all agreed that they would be led in their daily morning prayers before working on our founding documents by local clergymen not freemason .
Your personal speculation not withstanding.

--Benjamin Franklin, in James Madison's Notes on the Federal Convention
Tell me who laid the corner stone in a pagan religious service at the local baptist church and left a sign for all to see?

Tell me who laid the corner stone in a pagan religious service at the local baptist church and left a sign for all to see?
Billy graham a clergyman?

Freemason too!

Norman Vincent Peale

A clergyman?

33 degree freemason!

Thks

I have spoken to the founding documents of our nation and the documented guidance sought from the Biblical God collectively agreed upon by the authors as they composed them.
I can point to a thousand individual instances of naked spiritual infidelity outside that particular sphere by some of the authors as well.
Several of them owned slaves, for instance .
David committed adultery and a murder, yet according to Jesus the writing of his "documents" that being the psalms, contained no less the power of living faith in God that day Jesus revealed them as being born of Divine inspiration and forevermore.

This South East corner stone, of the Capitol of the United States of America in the City of Washington, was laid on the 18th day of September, in the thirteenth year of American Independence, in the first year of the second term of the Presidency of George Washington, whose virtues in the civil administration of his country have been as conspicuous and beneficial, as his Military valor and prudence have been useful in establishing her liberties, and in the year of Masonry 5793, by the Grand Lodge of Maryland, several lodges under its jurisdiction, and Lodge 22, from Alexandria, Virginia.

Christ and His church conquered the pagan Roman Empire

Prophecy of the new covenant and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5 (holy mother church is the new Jerusalem the kingdom) gal 4:26 (one church) Jn 10:16

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesar’s) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 6:26
I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

Daniel 7:14
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Thks

To his credit washington repented and sent for the jesuit priest and was baptized Catholic just before death!

To his credit washington repented and sent for the jesuit priest and was baptized Catholic just before death!
European stock, including Washington, have had Christianity deeply embedded within them. I feel sorry for our leaders who have been contaminated by the Antichristian reaction against Christian Faith, as it developed during the "Enlightenment." But sometimes Faith cannot be contained, and it rises to the surface at opportune times.

Back