Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

All knowing God

Igorstash

Just wonder. I've been thinking about it for a long time. But I always answer myself with an answer like "That's how God decided, and that's it, so who am I to ask such questions."
If god knows everything, why he even created us? I mean He knew that the devil would tempt Eve and that Eve would tempt man.
He knew all this would happen from the beginning. It is written that God saw that people were doing bad things and he was sad because of that. But why he was sad? Didn't he know all this would happen? I can't understand. Why create this world if eventually he destroyed everyone in a flood except noah? God knew that humanity would betray him and disobey him. He knew that sin would rule the world. So what is this whole process for? just why? Why all this suffering in the first place? Regardless of free choice. God knows what we will going to choose. anyway, I'm just trying to understand the logic behind this whole creation thing. After all, not everyone is chosen by God. But what does it means that not everyone chosen? A human was born into this world to end up burning in hell forever just because God didn't choose him? This is sad. My sister, for example, doesn't believe in Yeshua. She believes in God but not in Yeshua. And no matter how much I tried to talk to her, it just doesn't help. She refuses to accept Yeshua. After all, if God wanted, he would open her heart . There is complete unfairness here and it is sad and painful. Ultimately God decides who will receive the gospel and who will not. I would appreciate it if someone could try to explain it to me please.

Just wonder. I've been thinking about it for a long time. But I always answer myself with an answer like "That's how God decided, and that's it, so who am I to ask such questions."
If god knows everything, why he even created us? I mean He knew that the devil would tempt Eve and that Eve would tempt man.
He knew all this would happen from the beginning. It is written that God saw that people were doing bad things and he was sad because of that. But why he was sad? Didn't he know all this would happen? I can't understand. Why create this world if eventually he destroyed everyone in a flood except noah? God knew that humanity would betray him and disobey him. He knew that sin would rule the world. So what is this whole process for? just why? Why all this suffering in the first place? Regardless of free choice. God knows what we will going to choose. anyway, I'm just trying to understand the logic behind this whole creation thing. After all, not everyone is chosen by God. But what does it means that not everyone chosen? A human was born into this world to end up burning in hell forever just because God didn't choose him? This is sad. My sister, for example, doesn't believe in Yeshua. She believes in God but not in Yeshua. And no matter how much I tried to talk to her, it just doesn't help. She refuses to accept Yeshua. After all, if God wanted, he would open her heart . There is complete unfairness here and it is sad and painful. Ultimately God decides who will receive the gospel and who will not. I would appreciate it if someone could try to explain it to me please.
I believe the bottom line answer is that we do not know and it is not for us to know. What God wants for us is to know Him. Not just know of Him but to truly know Him on a personal level.

I don't know if you have children or not but when a couple is expecting a child, do you think they know that the child will not always do what is right? Do they not know that the child may and quite likely will begin to exercise it's own individuality as it matures? Do they not know that the child may or most likely will get into trouble or rebel, even against it's own parents, at one time or another in it's lifetime? Do they not know that the child will face hardship, diseases, illnesses, etc., even some life threatening during it's lifetime? Do they not know that the child may or most likely will even reject God at some point in it's life? I did when my wife and I chose to bring children into this world. So, knowing all of this, why do they still procreate?

When I begin to think like this, my first question to myself becomes, "Why does it matter? Who am I to judge God?" What I find is that I am forgetting who He is. I'm forgetting that He is Sovereign (Supreme ruler) over all things and what He chooses to do, He chooses to do. God owes me nothing but I owe Him everything.

Here are a few things that Scripture says about this but it is not all for there is much in Scripture about the sovereignty of God.

7 I form light and create darkness;
I make well-being and create calamity;
I am the Lord
(master), who does all these things.
8 “Shower, O heavens, from above,
and let the clouds rain down righteousness;
let the earth open, that salvation and righteousness may bear fruit;
let the earth cause them both to sprout;
I the Lord have created it.
9 “Woe to him who strives with him who formed him,
a pot among earthen pots!
Does the clay say to him who forms it, ‘What are you making?’
or ‘Your work has no handles’?
10 Woe to him who says to a father, ‘What are you begetting?’
or to a woman, ‘With what are you in labor?’”
11 Thus says the Lord,
the Holy One
of Israel, and the one who formed him:
“Ask me of things to come;
will you command me concerning my children and the work of my hands?
12 I made the earth
and created man on it;
it was my hands that stretched out the heavens,
and I commanded all their host.

Isaiah 45:7-12 ESV

The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: “Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will let you hear my words.” So I went down to the potter's house, and there he was working at his wheel. And the vessel he was making of clay was spoiled in the potter's hand, and he reworked it into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to do. Then the word of the Lord came to me: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done? declares the Lord. Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel. If at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom, that I will pluck up and break down and destroy it, and if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I intended to do to it. And if at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will build and plant it, and if it does evil in my sight, not listening to my voice, then I will relent of the good that I had intended to do to it. Now, therefore, say to the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem: ‘Thus says the Lord, Behold, I am shaping disaster against you and devising a plan against you. Return, every one from his evil way, and amend your ways and your deeds.’
Jeremiah 18:1-11 ESV

What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not! For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.” So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.” Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens. You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?” But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
Romans 9:14-21 NKJV

I believe the bottom line answer is that we do not know and it is not for us to know. What God wants for us is to know Him. Not just know of Him but to truly know Him on a personal level.

I don't know if you have children or not but when a couple is expecting a child, do you think they know that the child will not always do what is right? Do they not know that the child may and quite likely will begin to exercise it's own individuality as it matures? Do they not know that the child may or most likely will get into trouble or rebel, even against it's own parents, at one time or another in it's lifetime? Do they not know that the child will face hardship, diseases, illnesses, etc., even some life threatening during it's lifetime? Do they not know that the child may or most likely will even reject God at some point in it's life? I did when my wife and I chose to bring children into this world. So, knowing all of this, why do they still procreate?

When I begin to think like this, my first question to myself becomes, "Why does it matter? Who am I to judge God?" What I find is that I am forgetting who He is. I'm forgetting that He is Sovereign (Supreme ruler) over all things and what He chooses to do, He chooses to do. God owes me nothing but I owe Him everything.

Here are a few things that Scripture says about this but it is not all for there is much in Scripture about the sovereignty of God.

7 I form light and create darkness;
I make well-being and create calamity;
I am the Lord
(master), who does all these things.
8 “Shower, O heavens, from above,
and let the clouds rain down righteousness;
let the earth open, that salvation and righteousness may bear fruit;
let the earth cause them both to sprout;
I the Lord have created it.
9 “Woe to him who strives with him who formed him,
a pot among earthen pots!
Does the clay say to him who forms it, ‘What are you making?’
or ‘Your work has no handles’?
10 Woe to him who says to a father, ‘What are you begetting?’
or to a woman, ‘With what are you in labor?’”
11 Thus says the Lord,
the Holy One
of Israel, and the one who formed him:
“Ask me of things to come;

will you command me concerning my children and the work of my hands?
12 I made the earth
and created man on it;
it was my hands that stretched out the heavens,
and I commanded all their host.

Isaiah 45:7-12 ESV

The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: “Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will let you hear my words.” So I went down to the potter's house, and there he was working at his wheel. And the vessel he was making of clay was spoiled in the potter's hand, and he reworked it into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to do. Then the word of the Lord came to me: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done? declares the Lord. Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel. If at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom, that I will pluck up and break down and destroy it, and if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I intended to do to it. And if at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will build and plant it, and if it does evil in my sight, not listening to my voice, then I will relent of the good that I had intended to do to it. Now, therefore, say to the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem: ‘Thus says the Lord, Behold, I am shaping disaster against you and devising a plan against you. Return, every one from his evil way, and amend your ways and your deeds.’
Jeremiah 18:1-11 ESV

What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not! For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.” So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.” Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens. You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?” But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
Romans 9:14-21 NKJV
The example you gave about children is very interesting and beautiful. I didn't think about it like that at all. I have a child.
And yet, there is heaven and there is hell. On the one hand we have free choice but on the other hand God has already chosen who will believe in him and be in his kingdom. So where is the free choice here if he ends up picking and choosing who will be with him and who won't?. I know these verses. This is not new to me and it has always bothered me. thinking that maybe some of your family might burn in hell just because God didn't choose them is not such a fun feeling. It is clear to me that I am only a small person compared to God. Who am I anyway? But that doesn't change the fact that it hurts to think that people who have done nothing wrong in their lives will burn in hell forever just because God didn't choose them. I think it is very human to feel pain for people who were not chosen by God. It makes me very sad.

Last edited:
God is both merciful and just.
What better way to demonstrate that than set up laws that no one can keep.

Life is fun like a game, yet serious like a war, critical like disease and healing. Living by faith incurs great risk yet great reward. Incidentally, one must believe in God (generally) before one can believe in the Son of God. It's a matter of knowing we can't live this life on our own, and we certainly can't make ourselves live forever apart from God's mighty power. We have to realize that based on our own self-centered choices, our life is going nowhere, in order to understand that God can lead us to our ultimate destiny and ultimately living forever.

I agree that it's sad that most people won't make it to paradise. But that is the great risk. "He who does the will of God lives forever." That takes faith in the Almighty, as well as faith in the work of Christ to bring us to the only true God.

God is both merciful and just.
What better way to demonstrate that than set up laws that no one can keep.
A better way would be for God to turn the other cheek when someone slapped Him. Evem greater would be to continue loving the ones who crucified you,

how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing Lk.13:34 NIV

Why God Does what He does
God is the
first cause and therefore there is no WHY when referring to God as there is nothing to affect Him.

For God's will is so much the highest rule of righteousness that whatever he wills, by the very fact that he wills it, must be considered righteous. When, therefore, one asks why God has so done, we must reply: because he has willed it. But if you proceed further to ask why he so willed, you are seeking something greater and higher than God's will, which cannot be found. Let men's rashness, then, restrain itself, and not seek what does not exist. John Calvin

Nothing out of God can be the cause of any effect; for then there would be a cause prior to him, the Cause of himself, and that would be God, and not he. John Gill - Body to Doctrinal Divinity

God’s pleasure in his creatures is the joy of the Giver of all good (it is better to give than receive Acts 20:35). His aseity and sufficiency teach us that he never receives any good that is not already His (Job 35:7 “If you are righteous, what do you give God, Or what does He receive from your hand? 8 “Your wickedness affects only a man such as you, And your righteousness affects only a son of man [but it cannot affect God, who is sovereign]”;

If the purpose of redemption as well as of creation and of providence is the production of the greatest amount of happiness, then Christianity is one thing; if the end be the glory of God, then Christianity is another thing.

Last edited:
Four things:
1. God knows what we will choose, but He does not interfere with our free will to choose.
2. No human can change a person's heart. So yes, God could open her heart, but see #1 because if there is interference then there is no free will. God wants us to be free.
3. God wants none to perish, but He will not revoke #1. Ever.
4. Show your sister how God has changed Your life and maybe she makes a different choice.

Four things:
1. God knows what we will choose, but He does not interfere with our free will to choose.
2. No human can change a person's heart. So yes, God could open her heart, but see #1 because if there is interference then there is no free will. God wants us to be free.
3. God wants none to perish, but He will not revoke #1. Ever.
4. Show your sister how God has changed Your life and maybe she makes a different

What do you mean? Of course God intervenes in our choices. Even Yeshua said : John 6:65:
And he said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."

It is he who chooses who will believe and who will not. Note that later it is written "From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him." and why so? Because apparently they were not chosen by the Father even though they believed in the beginning! After all, even if troubles come to the world, before the coming of the Lord, it is written that many will leave the faith. We are constantly being preached to stay strong in the faith, to keep fighting and not to give up, but the truth is that God chooses who stays and who doesn't. You can plan what you want, think what you want, but as written in Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.

Why God Does what He does
God is the
first cause and therefore there is no WHY when referring to God as there is nothing to affect Him.

For God's will is so much the highest rule of righteousness that whatever he wills, by the very fact that he wills it, must be considered righteous. When, therefore, one asks why God has so done, we must reply: because he has willed it. But if you proceed further to ask why he so willed, you are seeking something greater and higher than God's will, which cannot be found. Let men's rashness, then, restrain itself, and not seek what does not exist. John Calvin
Why is asking God how He feels about any situation wrong? And now that the Messiah has come and shown us how He feels about things anyone who reads and believes His teachings shouldn't have to ask.
Nothing out of God can be the cause of any effect; for then there would be a cause prior to him, the Cause of himself, and that would be God, and not he. John Gill - Body to Doctrinal Divinity
"
God’s pleasure in his creatures is the joy of the Giver of all good (it is better to give than receive Acts 20:35). His aseity and sufficiency teach us that he never receives any good that is not already His (Job 35:7 “If you are righteous, what do you give God, Or what does He receive from your hand? 8 “Your wickedness affects only a man such as you, And your righteousness affects only a son of man [but it cannot affect God, who is sovereign]”;

If the purpose of redemption as well as of creation and of providence is the production of the greatest amount of happiness, then Christianity is one thing; if the end be the glory of God, then Christianity is another thing.
The commentary above doesn't seem to understand that God thinks of some of His "creatures" as children. Children as in mankind, not animals. The Son compared His Father to a loving human father who sorrows over His "prodigal" son.

So is Gill saying a human father cannot want children that he can love, teach, bless and be truly thanked by?

Paul said. who we are to argue with God (I don't remember exactly how it is written)

When Job asked God why all these horrors were happening to him, God's answer was the same, detached from reality. Where were you when I did this and this...?
A righteous person, ask a question why God did you allow these horrors to hurt me? Why did you let my children die? And this is what God answered him? That's a strange answer.. it sometimes feels to me like we're puppets on strings. That we don't really have free choice. In the end, as Yeshua said: "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."

So what is this whole process for?

God's reve.ation to us has been granule. He didn't explain his purpose of salvation to moses etc.
Israel where an example both to a godless contemporary world to them and to us today.

God has not explained to us how it is that some people are saved and some people are not saved, all we can do is witness to them and pray for them.

Attempts to understand God's plan lead one to Calvinism or Arminianism, either way that is man's attempt to explain salvation.

God's reve.ation to us has been granule. He didn't explain his purpose of salvation to moses etc.
Israel where an example both to a godless contemporary world to them and to us today.

God has not explained to us how it is that some people are saved and some people are not saved, all we can do is witness to them and pray for them.

Attempts to understand God's plan lead one to Calvinism or Arminianism, either way that is man's attempt to explain salvation.
In the New Testament God clearly explains that there are CHOOSEN and there are that NOT. As you can be with a heart of gold. You can live a perfectly normal life. Without you doing anything wrong. You just lived your life. Here and there you even helped people. But you could die tomorrow and never even hear about it Yeshua exciting. You didn't do anything wrong. But the fact that you have a sinful nature, and you didn't know that Jesus existed at all, no one told you how serious it is, just because of that you will burn in hell. Does that sound fair to you? Just because God didn't choose you, just because of one man your have this sinful damn nature you going to burn in hell for ETERNITY! Do we really understand what HELL looks like? Or how its feels? This place is so horrible that our minds simply cannot contain this horror that called hell. Everything is good with words. You say who are we to argue with God. But I will ask a question: what would happen if God gave you a tour in hell? How then would you feel when one of your family members is not ready to accept Yeshua? I bet you that your words would have turned into many tears. that your preaching would become a great cry. You would fall on your knees in front of your family and beg them to accept Yeshua. We are all smart with talking. But we don't really realize how serious the situation is. How hell is more shocking and horrible than anything you can imagine. I think what keeps me with God is this fear. The fear of hell. I don't know if it's good or not, but it's what keeps me going. I feel that my relationship with him is not based on complete love but on fear. When I was young it was different. But as I got older I started asking a lot of questions. Many things are not clear to me. Like the meaning of CHOSENS.. God planned everything from the beginning for those he chose. And everyone else is just going to burn in hell and it doesn't matter how good you were. Many are called but few are chosen!

The example you gave about children is very interesting and beautiful. I didn't think about it like that at all. I have a child.
And yet, there is heaven and there is hell. On the one hand we have free choice but on the other hand God has already chosen who will believe in him and be in his kingdom. So where is the free choice here if he ends up picking and choosing who will be with him and who won't?. I know these verses. This is not new to me and it has always bothered me. thinking that maybe some of your family might burn in hell just because God didn't choose them is not such a fun feeling. It is clear to me that I am only a small person compared to God. Who am I anyway? But that doesn't change the fact that it hurts to think that people who have done nothing wrong in their lives will burn in hell forever just because God didn't choose them. I think it is very human to feel pain for people who were not chosen by God. It makes me very sad.
You're looking through the lens of mortal man and trying to be a god. Trust God instead of trying to 2nd guess Him and do as Jesus instructed.

“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
Matthew 6:25-34 NKJV

I want to remind everyone that this is the Q&A forum where we do not allow debating. It is for getting answers to questions about our faith.

You're looking through the lens of mortal man and trying to be a god.
Where did I do that?
Trust God instead of trying to 2nd guess Him and do as Jesus instructed.

“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
Matthew 6:25-34 NKJV
Where did I 2nd guess Jesus' teachings? Humbling myself as a child is godliness without pride in self. It's like yiur not even reading what I said.

Back