Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

All knowing God

Igorstash

Just wonder. I've been thinking about it for a long time. But I always answer myself with an answer like "That's how God decided, and that's it, so who am I to ask such questions."
If god knows everything, why he even created us? I mean He knew that the devil would tempt Eve and that Eve would tempt man.
He knew all this would happen from the beginning. It is written that God saw that people were doing bad things and he was sad because of that. But why he was sad? Didn't he know all this would happen? I can't understand. Why create this world if eventually he destroyed everyone in a flood except noah? God knew that humanity would betray him and disobey him. He knew that sin would rule the world. So what is this whole process for? just why? Why all this suffering in the first place? Regardless of free choice. God knows what we will going to choose. anyway, I'm just trying to understand the logic behind this whole creation thing. After all, not everyone is chosen by God. But what does it means that not everyone chosen? A human was born into this world to end up burning in hell forever just because God didn't choose him? This is sad. My sister, for example, doesn't believe in Yeshua. She believes in God but not in Yeshua. And no matter how much I tried to talk to her, it just doesn't help. She refuses to accept Yeshua. After all, if God wanted, he would open her heart . There is complete unfairness here and it is sad and painful. Ultimately God decides who will receive the gospel and who will not. I would appreciate it if someone could try to explain it to me please.

Just wonder. I've been thinking about it for a long time. But I always answer myself with an answer like "That's how God decided, and that's it, so who am I to ask such questions."
If god knows everything, why he even created us? I mean He knew that the devil would tempt Eve and that Eve would tempt man.
He knew all this would happen from the beginning. It is written that God saw that people were doing bad things and he was sad because of that. But why he was sad? Didn't he know all this would happen? I can't understand. Why create this world if eventually he destroyed everyone in a flood except noah? God knew that humanity would betray him and disobey him. He knew that sin would rule the world. So what is this whole process for? just why? Why all this suffering in the first place? Regardless of free choice. God knows what we will going to choose. anyway, I'm just trying to understand the logic behind this whole creation thing. After all, not everyone is chosen by God. But what does it means that not everyone chosen? A human was born into this world to end up burning in hell forever just because God didn't choose him? This is sad. My sister, for example, doesn't believe in Yeshua. She believes in God but not in Yeshua. And no matter how much I tried to talk to her, it just doesn't help. She refuses to accept Yeshua. After all, if God wanted, he would open her heart . There is complete unfairness here and it is sad and painful. Ultimately God decides who will receive the gospel and who will not. I would appreciate it if someone could try to explain it to me please.

BTW I disagree your heading, [All knowing God]—it implies deity-types. But in monotheistic terms I would agree that deity is all-knowing.

As to creation, I would argue that it is an overflow of his artistry, like a canvass to an artist, howbeit being a living canvass. Ultimately he lacks foreknowledge, for ultimately he is beyond time (transcendency). Because it is an interactive canvass, he did know how it would unfold, but in the way it has and will unfold he sees from beyond time and interacts within time, the artist entering their own canvass (immanency), even entering our suffering that we might enter his joy. The bigger human picture is humanity beyond death, not the ups and downs of a few deluges.

The whole thing about time and beyond time, is well pictured by C S Lewis in Mere Christianity: (https://archive.org/details/MereChristianityCSL/page/n95/mode/1up?view=theater). Lewis sketched the idea that time is within deity as a line is within a cube. God perceives the whole line, which to us has history, the now, and the future. Yet its unfolding is shaped by his and our interactions, even as a chess game can unfold, having shared his sovereignty (imago dei). He is semi-interactive along the timeline. Hence beyond time he sees man’s rebellion, without planning it, and planned within time to heal the rift and raise humanity: big strategic moves which would not be blocked. PS: some plans he allows to change (eg the if/thens of Jr.18).

On the election theme, you might find https://archive.org/details/the-fathers-gone-global-exploring-gods-heart-231212 useful, in that it covers things better than I can here, such as levels of filiality with deity. In short, deity can offer, sometimes by limited postcode evangelism, an enriched spirituality in the here and now, but offers every human being ever conceived, life with him beyond death: whosoever will may come. I doubt very much whether your sister will ultimately perish: having made your case, perhaps now just let her see your good life and see messiah in it? Deity can only go so far, being semi-interventional. He can speak, and we can be deaf. Like marriage: love proposes, but cannot force. Still, it’s our deepest heart which matters and which he sees, whether or not we welcome Yeshua in mortal life.

Hello Igorstash, Maybe this will help, as you know our ways are not like His, I have also been thinking ever since I wondered about John 3:16 KJV and what that verse means I would only be in His will, which would make that difference.

Because to me it matters what He says that counts in one's life, and He says in another chapter, If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, you shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

The thing about it is that everyone does not commit themselves to His will, there again He says IF you love Me keep My commandments.

Love, Walter

Back