Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Allah Is A False God

But, I also don't approve of false representation of false faiths. Islam is an OT ripoff, not a moon-god ripoff.
See there you go again' until you study this stuff how are you going to tell someone who has ? Even Muslim scholars like Ali Dashti know this. but they try to down play it. But Ali has admitted to a lot of things. Why' because it was proven.

Lots of interesting points. I liked Gary's Jim the Father analogy. But I am curious as to how people use this analogy.

For example, Muslims look at Christianity and talk about God in a way that Christians disagree with. Therefore, Christians may say that Muslims have such a distorted view of God that they are not really worshiping the same deity.

Does the following apply as well?

Christians look at Judiasm and talk about God in a way that Jews disagree with. Therefore, Jews may say that Christians have such a distorted view of God that they are not really worshiping the same deity.

Re: Usual misunderstanding of those who know little...

Gary said:
thessalonian said:
It is my understanding that Middle Eastern Christians call God Allah as well. Are they wrong for doing so? Is their God the wrong God if they do?
In the Arabic Bible, the word "Allah" is used. But although "Allah" is used by Arabic speaking Christians, they do not have the same Being in mind. Arabic speaking Christians do NOT use "Allah" as the personal name of their God. That is the essential difference.

We are well aware that the name Allah is used by Arab speaking Christians for the God of the Bible. In fact, the root from which the name is derived, ilah, stems from the ancient Semitic languages, corresponding to the Mesopotamian IL, as well as the Hebrew-Aramaic EL, as in Ishma-el, Immanu-el, Isra-el. These terms were often used to refer to any deity worshiped as a high god, especially the chief deity amongst a pantheon of lesser gods. As such, the Holy Bible uses the term as just one of the many titles for Yahweh, the only true God.

Yet the problem arises from the fact that Muslims insist that Allah is not a title, but the personal name of the God of Islam. This becomes problematic since according to the Holy Bible the name of the God of Abraham is Yahweh/Jehovah, not Allah:

God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am Yahweh (YHVH) and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty; BUT BY MY NAME, YAHWEH, I did not make myself known to them." Exodus 6:2-3
Therefore, Christians can use Allah as a title but not as the personal name for the God of the Bible.

Read more: http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/god.htm

:)

I understand this difference and was not asking the question for the purpose of the answer. You can't just say "allah is a false God" is the point of the question.

Now THAT is profound...

thessalonian said:
I understand this difference and was not asking the question for the purpose of the answer.

:bday:

Well I think what you have to consider here is, that while God is the Father of Jesus his only begotton son, God himself is not actualy a Christian...

God is the Lord of hosts, the Lord of all Creation..... while Muslims do not consider Jesus to be the Son of God..... that does not mean that will always be the case.... remember scripture does actualy tell us that one day every knee shall bend at the sound of the name of Jesus..... when that day comes Muslims will recognise Jesus as more than a prophet which is how they now recognise him..... apart from that Muslims do believe in the one all powerfull God, of whom Jesus was a prophet, so I would say they worship the same God as us, they just know of him in a different way.... the same God though.

I think the real key to understanding is that ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING HAPPENS in this world of ours, unless God Wills it to be so.... that is how we know that Christian and Muslim where meant to be or NITHER would exist within the sight of God ... who of course is Soveriegn of ALL.

One day when the Mystery of God is revealed to all, then we will understand why God did things his way..... its his plan after all.

Grace and Peace to you

Technically Allah is the same god that christians and jews worship minus Jesus. So not the same God head, but the same tradition.

Thessalonian your disposition is accurate

thessalonian said:
Lewis,

Your not dealing with the issue. I agree that they do not have a correct concept of God. Though in part what they think of God is true. Yet it is clearly mixed with much error. Was the God of Cornelius the God of the Bible? No indication at all that he read the scriptures. Did he have his own set of revlelation that he should have written down. There is no indication at all that he believed in the trinity.
I believe the laws written on his heart, combined with what he saw in nature told him there was a God and he did his best to know him. God did not hold him accountable for his errors and heard his prayers. Have there been other Cornelius's out there throughout history. No reason to suspect not.

I agree that those who spread a false Gospel knowingly are accursed. Cornelius spead his thinking throughout his families and servants. Was he accursed? Is the young child that has been raised Moslem, beliving in one God but the God of Islam accursed if he calls out from his heart to know God? He likely will not instantly think of the trinity and his concept will still be the God of Islam.

Yes, I very much agree with you the author that the Muslim religion has nothing to do with the God of the Bible. It is false doctrine anyway you look at it. The links so provided by the original author indisputably prove that.

However, you are very much on the money with regard to the overall matter of spirituality. You see the fact is, certain factions of Christians forgets that the Bible actually teaches that God has excellent spirits amidst all nations. In fact, Romans 2:14 tells us that those 'without law' will be judged 'without law' as they have the law of God written on their heart.

So teaching that though salvation is of Jesus, the Bible does not teach that all others will go to hell. Rather, they will be judged according to what they know. I think this is wrapped up in what Jesus said concerning, 'the many mansions' or 'states of existence' within heaven.

People will continue to learn and grow when they cross over. They will learn of the ultimate savior Jesus whose Hebrew name is Yahshua. Meaning they will get to heaven.

By the way, you gave excellent examples of righeous men.

Dr. Gonzo said:
Technically Allah is the same god that christians and jews worship minus Jesus. So not the same God head, but the same tradition.

The best I can do is picture Paul at Athens finding a monument 'to the unknown God'. Then he proceded to declare the Gospel of Christ.

In Christ: Stranger

Gonzo Allah is not the God of the Bible. Allah is a demonic god. If you have ever read the Quran or some of it' you could see that.

Just wondering, why do they use Allah in the Arabic Bible?
And why is Aramaic, if am not mistaken, so similar, Alaaha.
What about the word Elah, sounds pretty much the same and that isi n the bible too.

Lewis W said:
Gonzo Allah is not the God of the Bible. Allah is a demonic god. If you have ever read the Quran or some of it' you could see that.
The origin of Allah is from the bible. Same God from Adam and Eve, but gets distorted in there teaching and false prophets right?

They both evolved from protosemitic pantheons and are basicly the very same deity although called in a slightly different way.

MaybeNextTime said:
They both evolved from protosemitic pantheons and are basicly the very same deity although called in a slightly different way.

I don't like how you put the word "Evolved." God did not evolve into our lives, he created us. Allah means "The God." In the language of muslims.

caseypayne1980 said:
I don't like how you put the word "Evolved." God did not evolve into our lives, he created us. Allah means "The God." In the language of muslims.

The concept of God we find in judaism has evolved from semitic politheistic pantheon. Even (nonorthodox) Jews/jews agrre too that...

Steve said:
Islam= False god
False book
False prophet

Case closed.

You can say that about all religion including christianity, but what's the point?

The case against Islam may be closed, but that ignores the wider picture. OK, Islam is a false religion but at least they believe in one God. As has been pointed out, Allah "God" is the same word as Hebrew Eloh, "God".

But in the Old Testament this Hebrew word is always in the plural "Elohim" meaning "gods" not "God". That's because Hebraic religion was polytheistic and many traces of this are still in the OT.

Here's some examples from the Jewish Talmud. You won't find teachings like these in the Koran:

Gittin 57a. Says Jesus is in hell, being boiled in "hot excrement."

Sanhedrin 55b. A Jew may marry a three year old girl (specifically, three years "and a day" old).

Sanhedrin 54b. A Jew may have sex with a child as long as the child is less than nine years old.

Kethuboth 11b. "When a grown-up man has intercourse with a little girl it is nothing."

Yebamoth 59b. A woman who had intercourse with a beast is eligible to marry a Jewish priest. A woman who has sex with a demon is also eligible to marry a Jewish priest.

Rosh Hashanah 17a. Christians (minnim) and others who reject the Talmud will go to hell and be punished there for all generations.

Shabbath 116a. Jews must destroy the books of the Christians, i.e. the New Testament.

For example Dr. Israel Shahak reports that the Israelis ceremonially burned hundreds of New Testament Bibles in occupied Palestine on March 23, 1980 (Jewish History, Jewish Religion, p. 21).

Yet everyone talks about our "Judeo-Christian" tradition. There's no such thing. It makes as much sense to talk about "Judeo-Christianity" as it would to talk about "Islamo-Christianity".

Islam may be evil, but Judaism is worse.

That's why we are CHRISTIANS.

caseypayne1980 said:
The origin of Allah is from the bible. Same God from Adam and Eve, but gets distorted in there teaching and false prophets right?
Where did you get that ? That is so far' off the mark' that it does not deserve a reply.

Back