Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

'Altars' in 'Christian' churches

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Altars in churches are infact wrong. While many say it is a symbolic representation, we are not supposed to symbolize anything that is not given in Scripture.

How about hanging a gold cube at the roof of every church and call it New Jerusalem since it symbolizes it descending from heaven?

Altar is given in the OT, which is still relevant. So while we do not need to offer amanmal and burnt sacrifice, the term Alter is still given in the OT, making it relevant.

Besides, praying beside an alter is about the same as me praying in my prayer room. it's designed as an honoring place to the Lord, and as a place of prayer. So as long as you do not pray to the alter, you are fine.

Reply to Free, post 33
Free wrote: "---WE ALREADY HAVE MUCH THAT WASN'T IN THE NT CHURCH---".

[...]"if I do it in the name of Christ then it must be o.k." IS "will worship" and as such is condemned by none other than the NT, Col.2:20-23.

This may sound harsh to some, but if the Scripture is not sufficient I need to chuck it and find something that is or someone other than the Christ which the scripture exalts. HE HAS BEEN GIVEN ALL AUTHORITY: Matt.28:18!

I'm afraid that from previous discussions with Free and others of like mind, it is clear that 'tradition' and 'men's opinions' are readily accepted into worship: as doctrine, and as here, as practice.

That is a pity, because we get to the stage where 'anything goes' - since there is no final arbiter of anything religious, or so it seems to me.

How this attitude differs from 'Mt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men' I do not know.

The unscriptural accretions, encrustations and excrescences of the intervening centuries are clear for all to see, and for unbelievers to mock.

These monumental edifices, cathedrals and the like, these vast hoards of gold, diamonds, property, art, bank balances, etc in the name of Christ and piety are shocking testimonies to what happens when we abandon strict conformation to the examples:

a. of Christ Himself (who had nowhere to lay His head, a borrowed room to hold His last supper, only a single garment when He was crucified) and

b. of the early church itself.

That synagogues were where the early church actually worshipped is a decidedly dubious point.

In Corinth, (Acts 18) for example, they met in the house of Titus Justus which was next door to the synagogue - and the practice continued even when the ruler of the synagogue, Crispus himself became converted to Christ.

The probability that the unbelieving Jews would allow them to use their synagogue as a Christian assembly room, is exceedingly low.

So they met elsewhere, mostly in private homes: and altars would hardly be found in such places, described often as the church 'which is in thy house...'

In Acts again, we have them going from house to house, to break bread.

So Free, it is all or nothing. It's either 'Scriptural precedent' or 'anything goes'.

"To the law and to the testimony" is Isaiah's war-cry, and those who seek to worship in the spirit and example of the followers of God as described in scripture, 'in spirit and in truth' as Jesus says, can only go and do likewise.

Otherwise, there's a lot of trouble ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean by "altar"? There is a table that sometimes have the communion stuff on it but I think it's just a table. And there is a pulpit but that's just the standard auditorium-type pulpit you see.

I don't think we have any altars. But isn't that kind of against God's teachings?

But at the same time I can kind of see how there are some personality types that may require some physical thing to focus on. Some people (even non-Catholics) will wear prayer beads and stuff because it helps them focus. Some people do the prayer shawls. Others just freestyle it. So as long as the altar isn't to anything pagan or like to someone that isn't Jesus/God I don't see the big deal really because some people just have the mentality that requires a point of focus.

Instead of debating the validity of an Altar in church, perhaps a better discussion my be centered around this commandment....

Exodus 20:25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.

This is a very, very interesting passage, especially if you take the culture and time frame of this event...

I think that if we can better understand this verse, it just may put "Altars" in our present churches better into perspective.

BTW, the only detailed instructions for building an altar is found in chapter 27, which is the Altar which served the Temple. It's construction is quiet different.

Just saying.... :chin

Former Christian,

I stand corrected on the similarities between the Temple and the Eastern Othodox Churches. I made the mistake earlier of speaking from a purely Western pov...and in the West one rarely associates the church with the temple and the architecture of Western churches are based more upon functional public buildings but many times in the shape of a cross.

Asyncritus said:
How this attitude differs from 'Mt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men' I do not know.

The problem with this is...who is teaching for doctrine the commandments of men?

God spent a long time giving instructions as to how the Old Testament Temple and Tabernacle was supposed to look.

In the New Testament, we are commanded to assemble (Hebrews 10:25)...but there are no commandments as to when, where, or how to assemble other than the model of communion is based upon the Lord's Supper and that all needs to be done decently and in order. Certain things are mentioned...the giving of thanks, the singing of psalms, hymns and spiritual songs, and the teaching of God's word...but no commandments as to how the individual church is to incorporate these specifics into what is known as "worship".

So, if someone comes along and says "There are to be no altars in any Christian church" or another says "There has to be an altar in the Christian church", I ask again, "Who is teaching for doctrine the commandments of men?"

Asyncritus said:
The probability that the unbelieving Jews would allow them to use their synagogue as a Christian assembly room, is exceedingly low.

Well, if we are going to go by probabilities, then I would submit this: Given that there were vast amounts of people who converted during those early days...5000 in one day, 3000 in another...when Philip preached in Samaria there were "crowds" who converted and were healed so that the entire city rejoiced...so, it's entirely probable that there were local synagogues in which the majority, if not all, congregants converted. In that case, it's also entirely probable that the synagogue would then be a Christian assembly room.

We should not argue from the point of silence...if God gives no command, then there is freedom.

Have some abused this freedom...of course, but not only in the big ornate churches, but also in little home churches where strange doctrines can flourish and spread for lack of oversight. No matter when or how the Church gathers, our enemy will be there to try to lead astray...that was happening in the early "home" churches as well and the apostles had to correct much false teachings.

With we Christians, there is always this (rather sinful) temptation to project onto others our own thoughts and ideas about why they do what they do.

Here is an excellent article written put out by a Greek Orthodox Church. I exhort those who are interested in this topic to read it and read it from the perspective that they are writing from. Not to say then that we have to run out and follow what the writer is saying...not at all. Just to come to an understanding of why the Greek Orthodox Church has certain elements in their buildings and in their worship.

http://www.saintbarbara.org/faith/worship/architecture.cfm

Last time i looked inside my tummy there was no alter.
I will have another CTscan in Nov i will check again... :yes

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

Hi Hany:
You wrote: ''IN THE NEW TESTAMENT, WE ARE COMMANDED TO ASSEMBLE ( HEB.10:25 )---BUT THRERE ARE NO COMMANDMENTS AS TO WHEN---" Well, Acts 20:7 reads: "And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread--", this is the Lord's supper. Of the contribution we read: "Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the chiurches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you laiy by in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come" I Cor. 16:1,2. There is the approved example, and if not, why not?

You wrote: ''CERTAIN THINGS ARE MENTIONED---THE GIVING OF THANKS, THE SINGING OF PSALMS, HYMNS AND SPIRITUAL SONGS, AND THE TEACHING OF GOD'S WORD---BUT NO COMMANDMENTS AS TO HOW THE INDIVIDUAL CHURCH IS TO INCORPORATE THESE SPECIFICS INTO WHAT IS KNOWN AS 'WORSHIP' ". God gave the specifics of worship leaving us to the order of them. There is an order given however in the taking of the Lord's supper. Jesus said to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature ( Mt.28). The go is specific, how we go is left to us (walk, ride fly, sail etc). You understrand that, I know.

You ask if one church has an altar and another church does not which one is holding to doctrines of men? My answer is, do you find in the NT a command for an altar? Do you find in the NT an approved example of the NT church having an altar? Do you find in the NT a necessary inference for the altar? If none, that to me answers the question as to which church is following the wishes and desires of man.
God bless

Hi Asyncritus,

Then my assumption was correct then, you are thinking of standalone alters, particularly as seen in Catholic (and probably Eastern Orthodox) churches. This is not really comparable with the type of 'alter' (steps of a pulpit) that I was refering to. So it really is a matter of terminology and traditional term usage.

Asyncritus said:
CJ, I hadn't thought of the 'steps' altar. But even the Law of Moses said:

Ex 20:26 Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy nakedness be not discovered thereon.

Not good.

That is interesting but is intended for a different application. The use of the steps of a pulpit as an 'alter' (read: place to pray) in the Churches that I have been to is clearly secondary in its purpose. Pulpits are elevated traditionally so that large crowds can see the pastor even if they are far back (or a mountain side or boat on the water will work too - if outside - as Jesus did). Naturally pulpits would have steps to get up on that elevated platform to speak (although a ladder might be interesting to see...). Really it's just a stage/platform to stand on. The steps' primary use is strictly functional: to walk up onto it. The steps are secondarily used as a place to come up front to give or seek prayer.

The kind of alter refered to in Exodus is a bamah (high place) which pagan cultures would frequently build in dedication to a god and they would ascend the steps to worship that god and offer sacrifices. The steps for a stage/pulpit are strictly secondary/makeshift as use for an 'alter' and are not intended as the place to offer sacrifices (and are not ascended for prayer in any case - most people pray at the base of the stairs while kneeling on the floor). As I stated before though the location doesn't really matter - you can pray in the same manner while kneeling at your seat in a Church building. But as I said, the front of the pulpit (where the steps are) provides a common area to gather and pray - and I see nothing wrong with that in and of itself. It's always a heart issue either way - which is why I said only righteous prayer would be effectual.

God Bless,
~Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
Former Christian,

I stand corrected on the similarities between the Temple and the Eastern Othodox Churches. I made the mistake earlier of speaking from a purely Western pov...and in the West one rarely associates the church with the temple and the architecture of Western churches are based more upon functional public buildings but many times in the shape of a cross.

You know, handy, when I think about 'sacred architecture' it makes me want to run in the opposite direction. There may be 'symbolism' in the cathedrals etc, but who wants it? Who decreed that those things should exist?

Certainly not God in the NT.

As I said before, the utter obliteration of the Temple and the sowing of salt where the site was ploughed up in AD70 should surely have taught all concerned that 'the Most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands' but 'with him that is meek and of a contrite spirit'.

Why then are there all these monuments to man's architectural brilliance? Who dwells there? Didn't He just say that He didn't?

It's this constant adding, adding, adding to the 'simplicity that is in Christ' that is so dismaying. The additions and accretions, all done in the name of piety I suppose, disembowel the gospel and bury it under mountains of 'traditions', 'practices', 'systems of worship'... the list is endless, but you get my meaning.

If God wanted all this, why didn't He just say so?

The problem with this is...who is teaching for doctrine the commandments of men?

There's a simple test. 'Where does it say so in Scripture?'

God spent a long time giving instructions as to how the Old Testament Temple and Tabernacle was supposed to look.

And then, because of their wickedness, blew the lot to smithereens twice - by the Babylonians, and then by the Romans. He left it as we read in Ezekiel:

Ezk 10.18 Then the glory of the LORD departed from off the threshold of the house, and stood over the cherubims.
19 And the cherubims lifted up their wings, and mounted up from the earth in my sight: when they went out, the wheels also were beside them, and every one stood at the door of the east gate of the LORD’S house; and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above.

11.22 ¶ Then did the cherubims lift up their wings, and the wheels beside them; and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above.
23 And the glory of the LORD went up from the midst of the city, and stood upon the mountain which is on the east side of the city.

So, if someone comes along and says "There are to be no altars in any Christian church" or another says "There has to be an altar in the Christian church", I ask again, "Who is teaching for doctrine the commandments of men?"

Use the acid test. 'Where does it say so in Scripture'?
... In that case, it's also entirely probable that the synagogue would then be a Christian assembly room.
There's no need to balance probabilities on this point. 'They went from house to house and broke bread'. No single room, as you rightly point out, could hold them.

But God didn't want even that.

A persecution arose, and scattered the lot of them apart from the apostles. Did they then go to synagogues? Yes, to preach till they were thrown out as happened to Paul so often.

We should not argue from the point of silence...if God gives no command, then there is freedom.

As Webb pointed out, there's plenty of precedent, and some room for manoeuvre. But don't you think that the Vatican and Lambeth Palace are examples of going too far?

Have some abused this freedom...of course, but not only in the big ornate churches, but also in little home churches where strange doctrines can flourish and spread for lack of oversight. ...

Not sure where you're going with this.

Strange doctrines have spread even WITH apostolic oversight, and as I have pointed out, who is to appoint the overseers?

ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! :wall

Webb, I had composed a response to your post that was so eloquent, so concise and so enlightened, it would have forever put to rest all questions and confusion over the matter.

Or, maybe not:chin...at any rate, I clicked the wrong tab and lost it. Now I don't have time to rewrite.

:bigfrown Hate that when that happens!

It might be tomorrow before I can rejoin this very stimulating and thought provoking conversation.

As Webb pointed out, there's plenty of precedent, and some room for manoeuvre. But don't you think that the Vatican and Lambeth Palace are examples of going too far?

I don't think you realize the devotion and love that goes into building a center of worship in a local community. Many of our ancestors who came to the US from devout background gave so much of their livelihood to build a place "proper" of worshiping God. It is an incredible story to read about how the Irish or the Poles spent so much to build these places of worship.

Such is a matter of the pious and devout heart. They desire to do such things. It is a human need, to devote one's life work to what is important to them. To those who built those churches in Europe and the older ones here in the US, God was very important to them, and they showed it by their actions.

I fail to see why people complain about such buildings, given that they had nothing to do with building them, or the sacrifices that went into them. Enjoy them and stare in wonder at how these people were able to put together such architecture.

Regards

Reply to Free, post 33
Free wrote: "---WE ALREADY HAVE MUCH THAT WASN'T IN THE NT CHURCH---". Yes indeed have! And because of such it has contributed much to our religious division. Nice for the eyes of the atheist>
There was division in the very early church. Division will be there regardless. Even any discussion of what was and wasn't in the NT church and how it really was will cause divisions. And most divisions now are not based on whether or not there are altars and such, but are based on theological differences.

Webb said:
About synagogues. Paul and others went to them not for worship or fellowship but to preach the Christ to Christ denying Jews. Although not a preacher, give me the opporunity for such and I will gladly do the same.
While that may be a convenient understanding to fit one's theology, and it certainly did happen, that simply is not the case in all instances. The early church began with the Jews and it would seem that they retained some of their Jewish beliefs.

Acts 2:46 And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, (ESV)

Acts 3:1 Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour. (ESV)

I'm sure I've read more but I haven't the time at the moment to search it out.

Webb said:
Free wrote: ''YOU ARE HOLDING TO A MUCH TOO NARROW, ALBEIT ALL TO COMMON VIEW, OF SCRIPTURE. THE SCRIPTURE IS FAR FROM EXHAUSTIVE ABOUT CHRISTIAN LIFE, ITS BELIEFS AND PRACTICES.'' I deny your concept. It makes Jesus, Peter and every other inspired writer liars ( Jn,.14:26; 16:13; II Pet.l:3 eg. ). If as you say ''THE SCRIPTURE IS FAR FROM EXHAUSTIVE---", By what authority do you so claim??? What STANDARD of authority shall we then use? We will be judged by His words, Jn.12:48, no other. When disciples began to walk with Jesus no more He said to the 12 "will ye also go away?" I like Peter's answer: "Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life", John 6. I accept Peters conclusion, and those who do are in the best of company. Again, what about God? Its a matter of authority. If the Bible is not ''EXHAUSTIVE'' Enough for you what is? This matter of "do your own thing" in religion, "what ever pleases me" "if I do it in the name of Christ then it must be o.k." IS "will worship" and as such is condemned by none other than the NT, Col.2:20-23.

This may sound harsh to some, but if the Scripture is not suffiecient I need to chuck it and find something that is or someone other than the Christ which the scripture exalts. HE HAS BEEN GIVEN ALL AUTHORITY: Matt.28:18!
Please read what I wrote and think about it. There is nothing which I said which even implies that Scripture is not sufficient, nor does it make anyone out to be a liar, nor is it a matter of authority, nor a matter of "do your own thing".

i

Hello again Free and here is my answer to your post 50.

Yes, of course, there were divisions in the early church, and they WERE condemed by inspiration too. ''NOW I BESEECH YOU, BRETHREN, BY THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, THAT YE ALL SPEAK THE SAME THING, AND THAT THERE BE NO DIVISIONS AMONG YOU; BUT THAT YE BE PERFECTLY JOINED TOGETHER IN THE SAME MIND AND IN THE SAME JUDGMENT'' I COR. 1:10. yes, DIVISIONS! Condemned? Yes! As they should always. Please note WHY they are condemned. For not speaking thesame thing. For not being of the same mind. Its a matter of attitude isn't it? Attitude toward authority. What authority? The word of God. Is there anything else whereby we can speak the same thing and be of the same mind other than the scripture standard? Go beyond this precious standard and you have todaiys religious confusion . You say "---ITS NOT A MATTER OF AUTHORITY--", well there it is.

Yes, they went up to the temple ( Acts 2:46;3:1). Do you think it was to fellowship the Jewish religion? I don't think so. Acts 2:42 tells what they "continued steadfastly" in.

You wrote: ''THERE IS NOTHING WHICH I SAID WHICH EVEN IMPLIES THAT SCRIPTURE IS NOT SUFFICIENT, NOR DOES IT MAKE ANYONE OUT TO BE A LIAR, NOR IS IT A MATTER OF AUTHORITY, NOR A MATTER OF 'DO YOUR OWN THING'''. Well, Free you wrote in your post #33: ''THE SCRIPTURE IS FAR FROM EXHAUSTIVE ABOUT CHRISTIAN LIFE, ITS BELIEFS AND PRACTICES.'' I may be just an ex-Marine grunt and aged Texas cowboy but if something is not ''EXHAUSTIVE'' its not ''SUFFICIENT''. And if it be said the ''SCRIPTURE IS FAR FROM EXHAUSTIVE" yet Jesus said the Spirit would teach the apostles "all things, and bring all things to" their remembrance (Jn.14:26) and "guide" them into "all truth" (Jn.16:13) SOMEONE has it wrong and it AIN't Jesus! And if it be said the ''SCRIPTURE IS FAR FROM EXHAUSTIVE" and the apostle Peter says ''ACCORDING AS HIS DIVINE POWER HATH GIVEN UNTO US ALL THINGS THAT PERTAIN UNTO LIFE AND GODLINESS, THROUGH THE KNOWLEDGE OF HIM THAT HATH CALLED US TO GLORY AND VIRTUE:" again, SOMEONE is wrong. Peter may have lied thrice but I do not believe he is lying here. Now, if I have mis-understood you or you need to re-word what you wrote enlighten me.

Folks its a matter of attitude toward scripture, God's word by which we will be judged, Jn.12:48. This old world has a problem of attitude toward AUTHORITY in both the secular world and so-called "churchanity."

Most of all just now Free I want you to know I love you.

Re: i

Hello again Free and here is my answer to your post 50.

Yes, of course, there were divisions in the early church, and they WERE condemed by inspiration too. ''NOW I BESEECH YOU, BRETHREN, BY THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, THAT YE ALL SPEAK THE SAME THING, AND THAT THERE BE NO DIVISIONS AMONG YOU; BUT THAT YE BE PERFECTLY JOINED TOGETHER IN THE SAME MIND AND IN THE SAME JUDGMENT'' I COR. 1:10. yes, DIVISIONS! Condemned? Yes! As they should always. Please note WHY they are condemned. For not speaking thesame thing. For not being of the same mind. Its a matter of attitude isn't it? Attitude toward authority. What authority? The word of God. Is there anything else whereby we can speak the same thing and be of the same mind other than the scripture standard? Go beyond this precious standard and you have todaiys religious confusion . You say "---ITS NOT A MATTER OF AUTHORITY--", well there it is.

Yes, they went up to the temple ( Acts 2:46;3:1). Do you think it was to fellowship the Jewish religion? I don't think so. Acts 2:42 tells what they "continued steadfastly" in.

You wrote: ''THERE IS NOTHING WHICH I SAID WHICH EVEN IMPLIES THAT SCRIPTURE IS NOT SUFFICIENT, NOR DOES IT MAKE ANYONE OUT TO BE A LIAR, NOR IS IT A MATTER OF AUTHORITY, NOR A MATTER OF 'DO YOUR OWN THING'''. Well, Free you wrote in your post #33: ''THE SCRIPTURE IS FAR FROM EXHAUSTIVE ABOUT CHRISTIAN LIFE, ITS BELIEFS AND PRACTICES.'' I may be just an ex-Marine grunt and aged Texas cowboy but if something is not ''EXHAUSTIVE'' its not ''SUFFICIENT''. And if it be said the ''SCRIPTURE IS FAR FROM EXHAUSTIVE" yet Jesus said the Spirit would teach the apostles "all things, and bring all things to" their remembrance (Jn.14:26) and "guide" them into "all truth" (Jn.16:13) SOMEONE has it wrong and it AIN't Jesus! And if it be said the ''SCRIPTURE IS FAR FROM EXHAUSTIVE" and the apostle Peter says ''ACCORDING AS HIS DIVINE POWER HATH GIVEN UNTO US ALL THINGS THAT PERTAIN UNTO LIFE AND GODLINESS, THROUGH THE KNOWLEDGE OF HIM THAT HATH CALLED US TO GLORY AND VIRTUE:" again, SOMEONE is wrong. Peter may have lied thrice but I do not believe he is lying here. Now, if I have mis-understood you or you need to re-word what you wrote enlighten me.

Folks its a matter of attitude toward scripture, God's word by which we will be judged, Jn.12:48. This old world has a problem of attitude toward AUTHORITY in both the secular world and so-called "churchanity."

Most of all just now Free I want you to know I love you.

ex·haus·tive/igˈzôstiv/
Adjective: Examining, including, or considering all elements or aspects; comprehensive.

suf·fi·cient/səˈfiSHənt/
Adjective: Enough; adequate.

These two words are not synonyms. When it comes to the Bible is it entirely sufficient, when it comes to the context of Scripture and Christian life Free's statement applies. Did you know the false devil god of the Muslims controls how to clip their nails, how to maintain their body hair (only tweezers for women), how to eat and drink (right hand only! Mo was very much into the lefty superstition), how to enter the bathroom (right foot first), etc. etc. So, again, Free's context of Christian living and the Bible makes sense. And it is a blessing that our God isn't an OCD germaphobe or you and me would find we can only cut our nails every odd Wednesday of the month or enter the bathroom backwards. But our God is not a control freak and He gives us freedom in Christ. Freedom for one to eat meat and another to abstain. Freedom for one to have a long beard and another to be clean shaven. "He who the Son sets free is free indeed." I think Free knows a little somethin' about bein' Free.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

Do these verses, and the others like them, have any bearing on your thoughts?

I don't know a nail cutting rule would come in handy because I'll look down at my hands and go "Jeez where did those nails come from! I swear I just chewed them back yesterday..." :lol

However I'd say the Bible is exhaustive. It isn't like the quran in that thing probably even tells you how to wipe! But mind you it is an exhaustive document in it's own right.

The Bible doesn't give baby steps. It doesn't write out a daily plan for you to follow to the 't'. It doesn't tell you how to dress or how to groom.

Instead it gives you guidelines. It doesn't say "don't wear g-strings". Instead it says that you shouldn't cause another to stumble. G-strings tend to make people stumble.

The Bible tells us all we need to live a full and goodly life by way of Christ and that is exhaustive enough for me.

And this part of what makes the Bible so great! God knows that everywhere is different. They don't wear long shirts and long pants in the middle of the desert and they don't wear short clothing in the middle of the Yukon.

Some people find beards to be offensive and uncivilized and others find them to be awesome and awesome. :lol

God realized this and so He crafted the Word so that it could fit into every aspect of every culture without causing undo strife and conformity.

But seriously... I think it's time you study. Don't want to let those hard working tax payers down!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back