Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Am I Getting Old Already?

WIP

Staff member
Okay, next week I and four other guys are heading up to Canada on a fishing trip. I volunteered to pick up the groceries for the trip. Yesterday, my brother-in-law called to see if I was going to ride with him up to International Falls, MN where we will all gather at his brother's place. He lives about 1-1/2 hours north of me and about 4-1/2 hours from International Falls. I asked him what time he wanted to get going from his place and he said about noon. Part of my plan was to stop at a Costco about five miles south of his house but because Costco doesn't open until 10:00, I mentioned that it could be a little tight for time. He volunteered to pick up the items from Costo. So, while I'm talking to him on the phone, I said, "Let me find my phone and I'll send you the list I have for Costco." I went all over my house looking for my phone. I said, "I can't find my phone. I know I just had it a couple minutes ago!" Pretty soon I realized it was on my ear! Can you believe it? I was talking to him on my phone and looking all over my house because I couldn't find my phone. Yikes!!

Okay, next week I and four other guys are heading up to Canada on a fishing trip. I volunteered to pick up the groceries for the trip. Yesterday, my brother-in-law called to see if I was going to ride with him up to International Falls, MN where we will all gather at his brother's place. He lives about 1-1/2 hours north of me and about 4-1/2 hours from International Falls. I asked him what time he wanted to get going from his place and he said about noon. Part of my plan was to stop at a Costco about five miles south of his house but because Costco doesn't open until 10:00, I mentioned that it could be a little tight for time. He volunteered to pick up the items from Costo. So, while I'm talking to him on the phone, I said, "Let me find my phone and I'll send you the list I have for Costco." I went all over my house looking for my phone. I said, "I can't find my phone. I know I just had it a couple minutes ago!" Pretty soon I realized it was on my ear! Can you believe it? I was talking to him on my phone and looking all over my house because I couldn't find my phone. Yikes!!
I have done this as well.

Also, looking all over the house for my glasses while wearing them.

The only alternative to getting older, is to die.
Which would you prefer ?

Quite a few years ago, one of my coworkers described getting old this way. He said, "There are four stages of aging. Stage 1, you forget names. Stage 2, you forget faces. Stage 3, you forget to zip up. Stage 4, you forget to zip down." :hysterical

Quite a few years ago, one of my coworkers described getting old this way. He said, "There are four stages of aging. Stage 1, you forget names. Stage 2, you forget faces. Stage 3, you forget to zip up. Stage 4, you forget to zip down." :hysterical
Intend to remember faces and not names and I remember utilities of old customers.

After leaving my house, I had to turn around to see if I either closed the garage door or turned off the kitchen sink.

This has happened multiple times even after I have checked before I left.

After leaving my house, I had to turn around to see if I either closed the garage door or turned off the kitchen sink.

This has happened multiple times even after I have checked before I left.
I knew a man that owned a repair shop and he always had one of the other employees to lock the door at closing so that he would not be the one responsible trying to remember if he locked the door when he got home :lol .

I don't think it exclusive to age. I had a supervisor call me and said he was going to text me a screen shot of an email. I replied, "or you could just forward me the email..."

The body of the email that subsequently came in was "Here you go smart a..."

I don't think it exclusive to age. I had a supervisor call me and said he was going to text me a screen shot of an email. I replied, "or you could just forward me the email..."

The body of the email that subsequently came in was "Here you go smart a..."
I've had issues all my life. My mother used to say to me, "You'd forget your head if it wasn't attached!"

When I was growing up, we lived in a 3-bedroom trailer house. My dad built on a 12'x16' addition to the back door of the house to serve as bedroom for us three boys. They kept a chest freezer in our bedroom. It was not uncommon for my mom to ask me to go and get something from that freezer and by the time I got there and opened the lid, I had forgotten what I was sent there to get.

When I was working, I don't know how many times I would get up from my desk, walk over to the main engineering room with about 50 mechanical and electrical engineers' cubicles, get just inside the entry, and then stand there wondering who I came to see and why.

One time, I was writing up a proposal for a customer. From sitting at my desk in my cubicle I could look down the hall and see the printer about 30' away in front of our receptionist's desk. I finished the proposal and sent a command to our printer to print the proposal so I could fax it to our customer. I got up and walked down to the printer and when I got there, I couldn't remember why I was there. The receptionist looked at me and said, "You forgot why you came here, didn't you?" That printer was a dot matrix printer and if any of you remember, they were very noisy and that printer was doing everything but slapping me. I had to go back to my desk, sit down, and look at my computer screen to remember that I needed to print that document.

:hysterical

I'm a 20 year old woman trapped in a 70 year old body with Mr. Arthur taking residence where he was not invited to stay. I can get up to go get something, get side tracked to easily, and forget what I got up for until I sit down again and then start all over again, oh vey.

Back