Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth "Amen"--A Monumental Discovery

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
God wants us to worry for nothing and have no fear, but to put faith forward and trust in Him for all our needs. I love Psalms 91 for there are so many of Gods promises there to help lift up and edify each other especially in the face of adversity. Another of Gods great promises is that He will never leave us nor forsake us, amen.

God wants us to worry for nothing and have no fear, but to put faith forward and trust in Him for all our needs. I love Psalms 91 for there are so many of Gods promises there to help lift up and edify each other especially in the face of adversity. Another of Gods great promises is that He will never leave us nor forsake us, amen.

for_his_glory:

There is such a lot of strength to be gained from the Psalms, in all their variety, their highs and lows, in the Psalmist's experience.

Blessings.

It is funny how things happen. Just today I was taking with a good friend of mine. She is a giant in the faith. Her and her husband were missionaries to the Philippines for 15 years, then they came back to Albuquerque, NM and started two churches in that area. They also helped start a Christian television station. He husband died in 2005 and she started a prison ministry all on her own. I called her this morning and she had heard something that had just struck fear in her. I had to settle her down and tell her because she thought the sky was falling. We can be the strongest Christians ever and then someone can say something that just strikes fear in our hearts. One of my favorite scriptures is "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy1:7 NKJ She has been abducted by terrorists in the Philippines and let go, fought through thousands of dollars of dept her husband left her when he died, visited many prisons, and transported ex-convicts all over the place with no fear, but someone says something and she is terrified. We need empowering scripture when things like this happen.

The flesh is weak at times when fear falls over it, but it's in those times of fear we need to be trusting with all our heart soul and mind those promises of God that He will never leave us or forsake us. We either walk in the flesh or walk in the Spirit and need not care what others can do to the flesh as they can kill the flesh, but never the Spirit.

Mat 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

amen is an acrynom that is short for something that points to jesus. jesus calles himself the Great amen. not that other points aren't valid.

amen is an acrynom that is short for something that points to jesus. jesus calles himself the Great amen. not that other points aren't valid.

"All the promises of God are in Him, yea, and in Him, Amen, to the glory of God by us." (2 Corinthians)

It is funny how things happen. Just today I was taking with a good friend of mine. She is a giant in the faith. Her and her husband were missionaries to the Philippines for 15 years, then they came back to Albuquerque, NM and started two churches in that area. They also helped start a Christian television station. He husband died in 2005 and she started a prison ministry all on her own. I called her this morning and she had heard something that had just struck fear in her. I had to settle her down and tell her because she thought the sky was falling. We can be the strongest Christians ever and then someone can say something that just strikes fear in our hearts. One of my favorite scriptures is "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy1:7 NKJ She has been abducted by terrorists in the Philippines and let go, fought through thousands of dollars of dept her husband left her when he died, visited many prisons, and transported ex-convicts all over the place with no fear, but someone says something and she is terrified. We need empowering scripture when things like this happen.

I stood on the scripture almost daily for about five years. It's a very powerful verse of scripture.

All God's promises are, "Yes!"
Our "Amen," to his yes confirms the accomplishment of his promise in our lives every time, without exception. ALL of his promises, the most relevant one for Christians being, John 14:14. Our "amen," to God's "Yes!" gives him glory without exception.

All God's promises are, "Yes!"
Our "Amen," to his yes confirms the accomplishment of his promise in our lives every time, without exception. ALL of his promises, the most relevant one for Christians being, John 14:14. Our "amen," to God's "Yes!" gives him glory without exception.
yes but your missing the point. when the Hebrews coined that its wasn't a simple amen, each letter is shorter for the the idea if I recall., the messiah will come.

yes but your missing the point. when the Hebrews coined that its wasn't a simple amen, each letter is shorter for the the idea if I recall., the messiah will come.

If I understand your point it makes perfect sense because our "amen" equals "I agree," a little weaker than "yes," humanly speaking. "Yes, coupled with another human's "I agree," is quite stronger. So when the living God says, "Yes!" His yes brings light into existence. My "amen," is indeed the little "yes," by which I can move this literal mountain in my way, giving God glory.

If I understand your point it makes perfect sense because our "amen" equals "I agree," a little weaker than "yes," humanly speaking. "Yes, coupled with another human's "I agree," is quite stronger. So when the living God says, "Yes!" His yes brings light into existence. My "amen," is indeed the little "yes," by which I can move this literal mountain in my way, giving God glory.
its more then that.

when we pray we really are saying literally in the anglised version of the Hebrew omen(ohmen) Lord come! that is the faithfulness of god. we pray and thank god for sending his redeemer.

Back