Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] An Ultimate Beginning – Is this Possible?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The beginning; is this logically possible? Can there be any such thing as a beginning? In the general scientific term, what constitutes the beginning? Is it the big-bang, which more and more members of the scientific community are starting to distance themselves from? What has led so many prominent scholars to drop this otherwise gospel truth that has stood for so long in the world of science?

In an earlier article (The Ultimate Secret of Life – Why are we here?) we expressly stated that there can be no beginning—it is logically impossible. The concept of deriving something from nothing is at best spurious. Lately, the theory of the big-bang no longer claims it to be the beginning of all things, but only the beginning of our known universe, and that there may be multiverse; ours being only one of possibly hundreds, claims one theory. We also presented the argument that the more science learns, the more it corroborates long standing positions of the Bible. One such example is that it is completely logical that God, is, was, and always shall be.

Even if one believes not in the god of our choice, it is completely plausible that at least one thing must have always existed. The logic of this conclusion is; that since there is matter, which couldn’t have come into existence if there was ever a state of true nothingness, then something must have given cause for it to come into being. Even the very state of nothingness is, itself, under close scrutiny. Can there be a true state of nothingness? Is this possible? If all matter in the universe were to disappear, what would be left? If the answer is dark emptiness, does that constitute true nothingness?

Truth is; it is almost impossible to wrap our finite minds around a concept as farfetched as one that purports the reality of no beginning. How can this be, our limitable minds screams. And yet, since we are talking about the ultimate beginning, there can be no other answer. A derivative of this reality is our bold conclusion that God, as the One Thing, is beyond our ability to fully comprehend. Such is the God who has bequeathed unto us the promise of an eternal existence, and the one we solemnly serve. Why, because we’re in the pursuit of the greatest prize of them all, eternal life.

Next time, we will present more on the topic of an ultimate beginning.

The Gift of God is Eternal Life​

The beginning; is this logically possible? Can there be any such thing as a beginning? In the general scientific term, what constitutes the beginning? Is it the big-bang, which more and more members of the scientific community are starting to distance themselves from? What has led so many prominent scholars to drop this otherwise gospel truth that has stood for so long in the world of science?

In an earlier article (The Ultimate Secret of Life – Why are we here?) we expressly stated that there can be no beginning—it is logically impossible. The concept of deriving something from nothing is at best spurious. Lately, the theory of the big-bang no longer claims it to be the beginning of all things, but only the beginning of our known universe, and that there may be multiverse; ours being only one of possibly hundreds, claims one theory. We also presented the argument that the more science learns, the more it corroborates long standing positions of the Bible. One such example is that it is completely logical that God, is, was, and always shall be.

Even if one believes not in the god of our choice, it is completely plausible that at least one thing must have always existed. The logic of this conclusion is; that since there is matter, which couldn’t have come into existence if there was ever a state of true nothingness, then something must have given cause for it to come into being. Even the very state of nothingness is, itself, under close scrutiny. Can there be a true state of nothingness? Is this possible? If all matter in the universe were to disappear, what would be left? If the answer is dark emptiness, does that constitute true nothingness?

Truth is; it is almost impossible to wrap our finite minds around a concept as farfetched as one that purports the reality of no beginning. How can this be, our limitable minds screams. And yet, since we are talking about the ultimate beginning, there can be no other answer. A derivative of this reality is our bold conclusion that God, as the One Thing, is beyond our ability to fully comprehend. Such is the God who has bequeathed unto us the promise of an eternal existence, and the one we solemnly serve. Why, because we’re in the pursuit of the greatest prize of them all, eternal life.

Next time, we will present more on the topic of an ultimate beginning.

The Gift of God is Eternal Life​

Wha? That's not the case at all. Where do you get the idea that the scientific community is starting to distance itself from the Big Bang theory?

As for science slowing corroborating the long standing positions of the Bible...what positions? How has science shown that the existence of God/a god is logical?

And I have a hard enough time filling up my Sunday afternoon. Eternal life sounds awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see the referances for this belief that scientists are distancing themselves from the Big Bang theory, or establishing Biblical truths.

I would like to see the referances for this belief that scientists are distancing themselves from the Big Bang theory, or establishing Biblical truths.

Hear hear (and so forth:)).

Ideas pertaining to the exact nature of the Big Bang are constantly being refined.

Though I was interested in the theory proposed last month of a "Big Chill".

Wait...was this just copied and pasted from somewhere else!?

Just to echo other calls to see this evidence that scientists are distancing themselves from the big bang theory. On your term "biblical truths" I assume you're referring to young earth creationism and I suspect the OP evidence will come from young earth creationist literature. But I wouldn't put young earth creationism and biblical truth in the same category.

I often wonder if there are Young Earthers who are also Atheist.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were.

The beginning; is this logically possible?

If all matter in the universe were to disappear, what would be left?
[/CENTER]

Since Science establishes that the instantaneous appearance of all the present matter composing the heavens and the earth took plce 13.5 Billion years ago, there does not seem to be any contradiction with Gen 1:1.

If all the matter in the Unuverse were to retrace its steps and disappear, we must conclude from the Law of Conservation of Matter that a transformation into equivalent Energy would result.

It is true that in this process of retracing the Potential Energy in the far flung galaxies would cancel out with the present Kinetic Energy inherent in the explanding Universe.
But that does not account for the transmutation of the matter, itself, back into the State of Energy equivalent to it.

spacetime.jpg

"Since Science establishes that the instantaneous appearance of all the present matter composing the heavens and the earth took plce 13.5 Billion years ago"

Which science is that?

"Since Science establishes that the instantaneous appearance of all the present matter composing the heavens and the earth took plce 13.5 Billion years ago"

Which science is that?

If I'm understanding the evidence for it correctly, it mostly lies in cosmology though geology has contributed evidence along with physics and probably a couple of others.

Arno Penzias, winner of the Nobel Prize with Robert Wilson for discovering the background microwave radiation which led to the revision of the Big Bang theory, once commented:

“The best data we have (concerning the Big Bang) are exactly what I would have predicted, had I nothing to go on but the five books of Moses, the Psalms and the Bible as a wholeâ€

If I'm understanding the evidence for it correctly, it mostly lies in cosmology though geology has contributed evidence along with physics and probably a couple of others.

Arno Penzias, winner of the Nobel Prize with Robert Wilson for discovering the background microwave radiation which led to the revision of the Big Bang theory, once commented:

“The best data we have (concerning the Big Bang) are exactly what I would have predicted, had I nothing to go on but the five books of Moses, the Psalms and the Bible as a whole”

How about the discipline of English???

"Beginning" of time, like when Space/time "began" 13.5 billion years ago???
Like when people tell others the Universe is 13.5 billion years old?
How can the universe be 13.5 billion years old if we do not accept it had a "beginning?"

Atheists who use Science to argue against the religious people who are still explaining Genesis based upon what men like Luther and other medieval men explained will not accept their own arguments when it is pointed out to them that the Bible is coorect in stating the Universe had a big bang beginning.
What's upwith that except deceit and anti-christ motivations?

1) There is no evidence that the big bang is the beginnng of time only the beginning of the universe since this state of expansion.
2) There is no specification in the bible that "in the beginning" is a reference to the beginning of time, especially considering that it says that the earth was made during this initial period.

More likely, then, it is talking about the beginning of our solar system. The bible certainly isn't clear enough to claim that is is stating there was a big bang. Since it IS clear that the earth was created/formed/made, whichever you prefer, at this time and that the earth's formative stage coincides with the early sun, "in the begininng (of the solar system)" is a much more scientifically accurate understanding, since that is what you are going for.

Since the OP so beautifully neglected to name their source I'll post the link:
http://www.eternallifeworldministry.org/apps/blog/month/2012/9/page/1
For the text posted here scroll all the way down.

Stuff like that article is giving christians a bad name. :sad

Yes, the supposed people who say, Truth is Lord, are the very ones, who today, defend the teachings of those mere men who started their particular denominational religion.

Hundreds of years ago, at that time, these Protestants opposed the RCC with Science.

Now, the RCC, today, is the one organized Religion that accepts Theistic Evolution, and has by Papal comments in 1998, accepted evolution Theory in regard to beginnings, cosmic and biological evolution.

These christians are NOT defending Christ, nor scripture.
Their own evermore archaic and ridiculous teachings from the medieval times have been superimposed upon Genesis as if it is an essential and mandatory stipulation that others recognize.

But what about the voice of the silent ones here? Those who may listen to the rebuke sounding reply of the Lord to a no longer anonymous (in fact famous) man who suffered and endured in trial? The Lord spoke to that man from out of the whirlwind saying, "Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge?" The Lord goes on to ask sixty (60) questions of this one. I'm not alone in trying to grapple with understanding while listening to such things. What about the voice of those who silently understand what is meant, and are also content to wait, holding fast to the promise that it has not even entered into the heart of those whom Love Him what He has prepared...

Isa 64:4, 65:17 James 1:12 and of course 1 Cor 2:9

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back