Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Angels and Aliens... The Great Deception

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
How can that be so? Rev 1:10 I (John) was in the Spirit on the Lord's day. There is much that occurs after that day to John as he is given three viewpoints from that time. Rev 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are (at the Lord's Day), and the things which shall be hereafter.

Eugene, could you be a little more specific in your answer.

40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:40

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:44

The Day of the Lord is the Last Day.

On the other side of this age, is the age to come, which the sons of the resurrection with live with the Lord in a body that will never die.

After the resurrection, I don't believe it will be called Today anymore, as Paul alludes to that time when he writes - but exhort one another daily, while it is called "Today,"

12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called "Today," lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, 15 while it is said: "Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion." 16 For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, was it not all who came out of Egypt, led by Moses? 17 Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness? 18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? Hebrews 3:12-18

JLB

There is no such thing as aliens.

"The Day of the Lord" will happen as the Tribulation is ending. It will last for a year or so. It, simply, is John's First Century interpretations of World War III - bowls, seals, plagues, etc. - which Jesus Christ will end when He arrives to save humanity from annihilation.

Eugene, could you be a little more specific in your answer.

40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:40

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:44

The Day of the Lord is the Last Day.

On the other side of this age, is the age to come, which the sons of the resurrection with live with the Lord in a body that will never die.
Hi Brother JLB, I would have to ask if you think that when John was in Spirit on the Lord's Day (Rev 1:10), he was being shown things from the perspective of the last day where in Rev 1:19 he was told to write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter. To me that would put Rev 4:1 where John was told to come up to heaven and be shown things which must be hereafter. That would include all that occurs of the remainder of Revelation to occur after the last day if that were the case. :shrug

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back