Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Animals Really Do Think Rationally

As far as rational thinking - you need to look at Dolphins and octopuses. Highly intelligent.

Either man wasn't paying enough attention to notice, or all animals seem to have gotten a boost lately. Birds, dogs, horses. There is a zillion videos on youtube that show vids of animals demonstrating intelligence! Even an African Elephant that paints pictures all by himself! Good pictures!

I think it's probable that animals can understand a lot of our speech and have always been able to do so. They just can't talk like we can.

It is written that all of creation praises the Lord God. Most animals speak animal language. Dogs bark and whuff and howl. Your dog might not be howling at the moon (or sirens), he could be Praising God, or maybe when they hear sirens and howl, maybe they are sending up a dog prayer because most dogs know what an ambulance is and why?

I don't know. I can't speak dog. So who knows if he's praising God or praying?

I heard a testimony from some lady once and she said that she was visited by Jesus Himself, and that He said at one point to her, your cat contemlpates God better than you do! I think He was kidding around with her but perhaps it is true also? She said she laughed and hadn't ever thought that cats think about God. And that's when Jesus brought up the scripture about the stones themselves would cry out God. So that's something to ponder.

I think it's probable that animals can understand a lot of our speech and have always been able to do so. They just can't talk like we can.

That's correct. They are usually paying more attention than we think they are to our words, and can clearly understand many of them.

Btw, the above demonstrates a dog's ability to use process of elimination, which is unquestionably a form of rational thinking.

Back