Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Annihilationism, do the Wicked Perish?

Oh? How?

Explain Rev 20:10 and Luke 16:24-26 . It is vain & naive to assume that the Bible ""destroys"" the Eternal Conscious Torment truth.

Annaihilatiosnism is a feel good willy nilly comfort story. Ever wonder why popular among nonChristians that "lake of fire is cool"?? Same reason Annialationism exists. To make people beLIEve they'll have a happy painless eternity instead of paying for their sin.

Please prove how eternal nothingess is just. As in justice. No annialaionist can do so. Because Annialationism is a SAND belief, not rock belief.
Sure! The word aion in Rev 20:10 is mistranslated. It doesn't mean forever. The parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man in Luke 16 is about judgement against Israel. It's not about life after death.

Now, let me ask you a question. Can you show me anywhere at all in Scriputre where God promised eternal life to the unbeliever or the wicked?

Sure! The word aion in Rev 20:10 is mistranslated. It doesn't mean forever. The parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man in Luke 16 is about judgement against Israel. It's not about life after death.

Now, let me ask you a question. Can you show me anywhere at all in Scriputre where God promised eternal life to the unbeliever or the wicked?
2 Peter 4:17..."These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever."
Jude 1:13..."Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever."
Rev 14:10-11..."The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name."
Rev 20:10..."And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

2 Peter 4:17..."These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever."
Jude 1:13..."Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever."
Rev 14:10-11..."The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name."
Rev 20:10..."And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
It doesn't mean forever. Jesus and the apolstles speak of the end of the aion. Something that ends isn't eternal.

Then they're not dead. They're alive.
Were the people who "appeared to many" after Jesus' resurrection "alive" ?
"And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many." (Matt 27:52-53)

Having joined this thread late, I really do not know what the thrust of your posts are.
Where are you going with this ?

Huh? All will be alive but only some will have life? That doesn't make sense.
Mat 8:22 And Jesus said to him, “Follow me, and leave the dead to bury their own dead.” (ESV)

How is it that the dead are able to bury the dead?

I will stick to what is written in the verses I posted earlier.
The unworthy shall never leave the lake of fire.
The verses you posted earlier say ages, not forever. Your choice is to decide who is correct, the theologians or Jesus and the apostles. That's an easy choice for me.

Back