Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

AnotherTemple???

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I agree with the posts but what about 2Thess2 where Paul points out that the revealing of the son of destruction(antichrist)would occur when he takes his seat in the Temple of God and declares himself to be God? Paul wrote that message when the Temple of God was still in existence,so what did Paul mean, the popular idea of the day is that the Jews will build another Temple to God. That idea does have problems because all the previous temples of God were built by people in the will of God and under direction of God,so how could Christ rejecting Jews build a Temple to God that would actually be the Temple of God?
Interesting problem isnt it?

I agree with the posts but what about 2Thess2 where Paul points out that the revealing of the son of destruction(antichrist)would occur when he takes his seat in the Temple of God and declares himself to be God? Paul wrote that message when the Temple of God was still in existence,so what did Paul mean, the popular idea of the day is that the Jews will build another Temple to God. That idea does have problems because all the previous temples of God were built by people in the will of God and under direction of God,so how could Christ rejecting Jews build a Temple to God that would actually be the Temple of God?

Temple of God can just mean a Christian church I think. Christian zionism is the main driving force behind the building of the 3rd temple

The antichrist will be under the 'strong delusion' sent by God so he will believe that the temple he sets himself up in is the temple of God.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 2Th 2:11

OK,but Paul described the place that was considered the actual dwelling place of God, it was the term he used to described the indwelling Holy Spirit in the individual christian and in the church in general.

The Holy of Holies was te dwelling place of God. He ripped the veil opened the presence of God back to the people as in David's Tabernacle .

Amo 9:11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

Are we so carried away by what some other wannabe god might do that we are not looking at our God our King is doing?

Knowing God is building again the tabernacle just shamfully doesn't excite the book buying, send me your money, public like antichrist does.

Oh yeah? Not according to dispensational truth:screwloose ...

Perhaps we should all be amillennial.. but let's face it.. that's probably the biggest doctrinal joke in Christendom..

Why do so many seemingly ignore the mystery pertaining to ISRAEL.. how that they are blinded in part until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.. do Christians hate Israel that much that they can't see its future restoration according to the scriptures..?

The Holy of Holies was te dwelling place of God. He ripped the veil opened the presence of God back to the people as in David's Tabernacle .

Amo 9:11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

Are we so carried away by what some other wannabe god might do that we are not looking at our God our King is doing?

Knowing God is building again the tabernacle just shamfully doesn't excite the book buying, send me your money, public like antichrist does.

Excellent.
I like your "good news" reasoning. That's bc I personally am a full preterist. There's no more God ordained "temple" made by hands in this what I believe is the New Jerusalem, the universal church, post- AD70.

Reading the Scriptures in different lights does not mean hate. I dont hate yet i dont agree with you...

Do you believe God will reastablish the Temple and if so to what degree?

Lehigh hello, i am not full preterist. He will return.... find a 'box' to fit in is not easy... but this is a temple topic i need to be good.....

Reading the Scriptures in different lights does not mean hate. I dont hate yet i dont agree with you...

Then can I ask why you choose to ignore the mystery pertaining to Israel as detailed in Romans 11:25-29 ?

Do you believe God will reastablish the Temple and if so to what degree?

I believe that unbelieving "Israel" is going to rebuild the temple and that the man of sin is going to sit in it and proclaim to be God just as Paul teaches us.. and WE KNOW that the Lord will destroy the man of sin with the brightness of His coming.. this is the same man as the BEAST of Revelation, and there too we see the Lord taking him alive, when HE COMES according to Rev 19..

That's TWO NT texts telling us the same thing.. not to mention the seemingly limitless scriptures in the OT pertaining to that nation..

What you see as hate is see as oposit...... You are wanting the Jews to build another temple another altur with sacrifices can a group get any more antichrst than that?

I would they would come to know the Lord Jesus. Know Him as the King they spent a lifetime searching for. That is not hate.

you see the temple as a building i see the temple as ( know ye not you are the temple of the Holy Ghost) spiritaul. Do you hate me or just think i am wrong?

There are scripture we both could quote for the arguement bet some would be the same and yet we see them differently..... Cor 15:46.. first the natural second the spiritaul...

end times is not unto Salvation...

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Do you believe a litural (all Israel ) will be saved? If so i will ask who is an Israelite or Jew. How much Jewish blood does it take to be saved? 100% 1/2 1/4 . All Israel is that every Jew ever born? or does that mean something different?

I believe all that are saved are the Israel of God..

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
Gal 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

by reba,
Lehigh hello, i am not full preterist. He will return.... find a 'box' to fit in is not easy... but this is a temple topic i need to be good.....

Ok, but did you ever consider that in Acts 15:16 (as you noted) is the N.T. fulfillment of Amos 9:11- & was completed in the apostles?
From David to the greater David, Jesus, was 1,000 yrs. Rev.20 sums up this time of David's tabernacle being rebuilt in the ones who were part of the "first resurrection"

And a "tabernacle" is not the same as "a temple" The temple built with hands came after David. (Solomon's temple).

But I do wonder why Jesus would have to return to this world in order to carry out God's will. I wasn't raised in the church so maybe that's it. But couldn't Christ just do that from the 3rd heaven?:tongue He is God in Spirit & power - after all, right?

For sure the temple and tabernacle are not the same

Moses had the fancy tabernacle almost a building

David's tabernacle was sorta what we today would call a popup awning.

1Ch 15:1 And David made him houses in the city of David, and prepared a place for the ark of God, and pitched for it a tent.

God honnored Solomon and allowed him to build the Temple...
2Sa 7:6 Whereas I have not dwelt in any house since the time that I brought up the children of Israel out of Egypt, even to this day, but have walked in a tent and in a tabernacle.
2Sa 7:7 In all the places wherein I have walked with all the children of Israel spake I a word with any of the tribes of Israel, whom I commanded to feed my people Israel, saying, Why build ye not me an house of cedar?

1Ki 5:3 Thou knowest how that David my father could not build an house unto the name of the LORD his God for the wars which were about him on every side, until the LORD put them under the soles of his feet.
1Ki 5:4 But now the LORD my God hath given me rest on every side, so that there is neither adversary nor evil occurrent.

1Ki 5:5 And, behold, I purpose to build an house unto the name of the LORD my God, as the LORD spake unto David my father, saying, Thy son, whom I will set upon thy throne in thy room, he shall build an house unto my name.

Even Pilot knew who was King of the Jews....

What you see as hate is see as oposit...... You are wanting the Jews to build another temple another altur with sacrifices can a group get any more antichrst than that?

Firstly, the question was rhetorical.. I'm not saying that everyone who doesn't see the future restoration of the nation of Israel hates Jews.. I used it to ask what the basis is for ignoring the mystery pertaining to Israel in scripture.

Also.. I don't WANT the partially blinded nation of Israel to DO anything.. it's simply what I see in the scriptures.. that they (the nation of Israel) ARE blinded in part and yet it's until the fulness of the GENTILES be come in.. we do know that ISRAEL is not GENTILE.. Gentile means all nations except Israel. Paul tells us that THEY (the partially blinded nation of Israel) are our ENEMIES concerning the GOSPEL.. why... because that nation is in unbelief that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah.. the King of Israel..

I would they would come to know the Lord Jesus. Know Him as the King they spent a lifetime searching for. That is not hate.

And in the end, according to scripture.. THEY will come to KNOW Christ as their King and Saviour. Matthew 19 tells us plainly that when the Lord comes and then sits upon the throne of His glory, that His Apostles will also sit upon twelve thrones.. judging the TWELVE TRIBES of ISRAEL..

That's important ! Just as the Rev is important in showing us that there will be 12,000 sealed from each of the twelve tribes... these in contrast to the multitude which COULD NOT be NUMBERED from every nation, tongue, and tribe..

We also know that JERUSALEM (the city of the Great King) will be trodden down of the GENTILES until the times of the GENTILES be fulfilled.

These are important biblical truths..

you see the temple as a building i see the temple as ( know ye not you are the temple of the Holy Ghost) spiritaul. Do you hate me or just think i am wrong?

I also see the temple as the earthen vessel which Christ occupies.. but that's for a believer, and in this day, one who is called a CHRISTian.. who has Christ in them, their hope of glory..

That doesn't mean that the partially blinded nation of Israel isn't going to rebuild a temple.. remember that they are enemies concerning the GOSPEL.. yet beloved for the sake of the Fathers... the many patriarchs of the Israel of God who did believe in God's promises at that time.. in the OT.

There are scripture we both could quote for the arguement bet some would be the same and yet we see them differently..... Cor 15:46.. first the natural second the spiritaul...

end times is not unto Salvation...

I don't understand how massive portions of the bible can be spiritualized away to mean the church of God.. if that's what you mean.. thinks like amillennialism do just that.. do people actually believe that Satan (the god of this present evil world) is bound and that the nations are not DECEIVED..? Yet that's what amillennialism claims.. and it also claims that the church of God is Israel.. something found nowhere in the scriptures.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Do you believe a litural (all Israel ) will be saved? If so i will ask who is an Israelite or Jew. How much Jewish blood does it take to be saved? 100% 1/2 1/4 . All Israel is that every Jew ever born? or does that mean something different?

All of the Israel of God will be saved, that's what the bible says.. although we also know that not all Israel is the Israel of God.. an example could be the Pharisees.. certainly of Israel but NOT the Israel of God.. Nathaniel is one who we could say is an Israelite in whom there is no guile.. like the Lord said of him.. the Israel of God are those who believe (just like Abraham) in the promises of God.

I believe all that are saved are the Israel of God..

If we were Israelites.. then the bible would teach us that.. although it teaches us that we are CHRISTians.. not Israelites.. although there are many Israelites who ARE in Christ and are therefore Christians.. Paul of course is an Israelite.. and he is IN CHRIST.

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
Gal 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

I hope that this isn't the sole basis for believing that the Israel of God is the same thing as the church of God.. because there's nothing else which supports this in the NT.. and more importantly.. we KNOW about the MYSTERY pertaining to that nation.. and it's vital to not ignore it as Paul says, lest we become wise in our own conceits.

Thanks for helping me understand you better!

Again i ask what makes a Jew a Jew? How much Jewish blood is needed to be a part of ALL ISRAEL?

Some how i get the feeling that the meaning of the names of the 12 tribes has some kind of value and some one reaplaced someone again that would be another thread....

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Paul here writes ALL ISRAEL he does not say, All of the Israel of God will be saved,

I use KJ do you have a different trans? KJ is an old habit of mine :yes

Paul here writes ALL ISRAEL he does not say, All of the Israel of God will be saved,

I use KJ do you have a different trans? KJ is an old habit of mine :yes

I could say that all of the church of God will be saved.. although does that mean that everyone in Christendom who professes Christ is actually in Christ ? I think that it's the same thing here.. We know that all Israel shall be saved and we also know that all Israel is not Israel.. just like all professing to be Christians may not actually be in Christ.

I think that the KJV is the best there is because of its consistency in interpretation and because it is a word for word translation. So no problem there.

Thanks for helping me understand you better!

Again i ask what makes a Jew a Jew? How much Jewish blood is needed to be a part of ALL ISRAEL?

Israelites are natural decendants of Abraham.. and we know that this doesn't mean that they're of the Israel of God.. because those Israelites who did not believe God in the OT were still Israelites although not of the Israel of GOD. Again, just like all professing Christ may not actually be IN CHRIST.

Some how i get the feeling that the meaning of the names of the 12 tribes has some kind of value and some one reaplaced someone again that would be another thread....

I recall hearing a sermon once about what the twelve tribe NAMES mean.. it formed a beautiful gospel sentence or something like that.. and although that is fascinating in itself, it doesn't take away from the fact that this is what the bible says explicitly... and even contrasts this 'numbered' group to a multitude which could not be numbered.

Here is a place to produce any and all of the prophecies predicting yet another brick and mortar temple.

Old or New Testements ,,,and if ya cant find any there we'll even accept the Qoran, just this once.

Hitch

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back