Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are All who call upon the Name of the LORD Jesus saved? What can disqualify a "caller"?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
yes and no. james... to him who knows to do good and does not is a SIN .. there are 3 stages of sanctification positional first saved progressive we grow in Holiness work in progress ( yes we will sin yes we will fall short ) then last stage ultimate we made it home our growth work on earth is done
I cant agree about three stages of sanctification.
You either are, or you are not holy, set apart, consecrated, or atoned for...all definitions of "sanctified".
do you dot every I cross every t never sin?
I am not under the Law, so it matters not if I dot or cross anything.
I love God with all my might, and I love my neighbor as I love myself.
So can all men and women.
romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, the law was our school master until Christ came it is written my little children i write to you that you sin Not .but if you do we have a advocate Grace says we can be forgiven grace says if you fail i will help you back up , Grace is not a license to sin but it is there to help us we can approach the throne of grace with boldness and find mercy and help in time of need
You have misquoted 1 John 2:1 to suit your own belief.
Here is a more straight forward verse from the same chapter..."He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:4)

I cant agree about three stages of sanctification.
You either are, or you are not holy, set apart, consecrated, or atoned for...all definitions of "sanctified".

I am not under the Law, so it matters not if I dot or cross anything.
I love God with all my might, and I love my neighbor as I love myself.
So can all men and women.

You have misquoted 1 John 2:1 to suit your own belief.
Here is a more straight forward verse from the same chapter..."He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:4)
it dont matter if you agree on 3 stages or not fact is when one is saved they are justified and sanctified set apart 2 you then grow in the grace and knowledge .3 when we die our growth is over

the law is there it tells us what sin is. it acts with the holy spirit we have knowledge of sin by the law read romans 7. umm no 1 john 2:1 was paraphrased this is how it reads 1My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate before the Father— Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

so no every thing i posted is backed up by scripture the bible reads where sin abound --->Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: romans 5:20

sin shall NOT have dominion over us

Romans 6:14​

“For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.”

so since you dont have to dot every I cross every T are you osas belief ? or legalist ?

it dont matter if you agree on 3 stages or not fact is when one is saved they are justified and sanctified set apart 2 you then grow in the grace and knowledge .3 when we die our growth is over
If you still commit sin, as you did write, you are not sanctified.
I do agree with the "new" 3 steps you list here.
the law is there it tells us what sin is. it acts with the holy spirit we have knowledge of sin by the law read romans 7.
Which part of Rom 7?
The part where Paul laments his pre-conversion attempts at following the Law?
Or the finale where he shows he is serving the Law of God, and the flesh is gone?
The "anyone" are those not in Christ, and we have the Advocate for them.
so no every thing i posted is backed up by scripture the bible reads where sin abound --->Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: romans 5:20
sin shall NOT have dominion over us
Thanks be to God for that.

Romans 6:14​

“For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.”
Amen to that !!!
so since you dont have to dot every I cross every T are you osas belief ?
Nope, not in the way men use the term OSAS.
My salvation will be awarded on the last day on which I shall say "I am saved".
OSAS, after the day of judgement.
or legalist ?
Nope.
Neither am I an illegalist.
"Legalist" is a man made term to belittle the obedient as slaves to the doctrines and traditions of men.
We can be obedient to God without circumcision, dietary rules, feast keeping, tithing, Sabbath keeping, and some 400 (?) other rules.
The two laws of Christ are, Love God with all your might, and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
I will be "legal" in those two laws.

wrong the advocate is for us
He was indeed used by me on one occasion.
Now 1 John 2:4-6 applies to me, thanks be to God..."He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
All who have used our Advocate can say those same things: we keep His word, we keep His commandments, we know Him, and we walk as He walked.
Those walking in darkness cannot say those things
they're not new.
OK then, different than your first three.

Back