Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Are They Stupid ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
We had about 5 cases here in Philly over the span of about 12 years where the cops have shot mentally ill people and killed them. About 3 of them were the cops fault.
it happens, but on this topic. I would hate to be that correction officer who was on duty when that man who imprisoned those girls hung himself.

it happens, but on this topic. I would hate to be that correction officer who was on duty when that man who imprisoned those girls hung himself.
Why because he or she should have kept a better eye on him ? Is that what you are saying ?

I don't subscribe for one moment to the idea that police guns and jails/secure facilties are for violently threatening folk....'except mentally ill people', or '...except anti-Castro Cubans', etc., etc.

Why because he or she should have kept a better eye on him ? Is that what you are saying ?
he is likely at the least out of a job or if found to be criminaly negligent, he will be in jail. remember the inmate had time to hang himself and did so in the evening. that means he first off got contraband and had enough tp to do that(a cell check would have stopped this but that doesn't mean you will find all contraband) second he had to make the strands and then hang himself. a bed check at night would have stopped this. he would have been noticed making something. that is why I say that guard is hating life right now.

I wonder what the mentally ill person thought Mr Obama could do about her personal troubles anyway, and why as a consequence she thought driving a vehicle dangerously in the vicinity of the White House could somehow 'help' her? It just does not add up to blame the police for her actions.

lol. dude. get a new cliché. I was just at ft.knox for the record the gold isn't technically(when it was at the treasury building) on ft.knox, its next to knox on land owned by the us. treasury or rather the federal reserve now. its been like that for some time. I have been in front of that building on Bullion BLVD a few times. I have a pic of it on my phone.

m
jasoncran: Actually yes I have; I've worked in them from time to time. Getting in and out is rather like trying to go through the entrance of Fort Knox.

Blessings.
.back in the day, my sister at night jumped fence and did so easily. I kn.ow that the other facility closest to me is no better. it has no perimeter like a prison or a sally port or main gate.

lol. dude. get a new cliché. I was just at ft.knox for the record the gold isn't technically(when it was at the treasury building) on ft.knox, its next to knox on land owned by the us. treasury or rather the federal reserve now. its been like that for some time. I have been in front of that building on Bullion BLVD a few times. I have a pic of it on my phone.

Oh okay, so: how about: 'Getting past Castro's entourage'? :)

Blessings.

m
.back in the day, my sister at night jumped fence and did so easily. I kn.ow that the other facility closest to me is no better. it has no perimeter like a prison or a sally port or main gate.

The aim of those facilities seems to be to make the residents 'feel good'...

lol. I know what you meant. when I was gone that is where I was. it not like I couldn't come online and post . I didn't feel like borrowing a computer to do just that.

I know but really they can escape. that is what I meant. like I said I have been to these places when my sister and brother were in them.

...and then some bleeding heart 'expert' commentator in the liberal media wonders: Oh, how come they were allowed to escape?

...and then some bleeding heart 'expert' commentator in the liberal media wonders: Oh, how come they were allowed to escape?
yes but if we do make it like a prison(sally ports and main gates and perimeters and towers) some would think they are jails and also the cost would go up for treatment. the baker act law in all 50 doesn't allow for more then three days and they must also release them if they are no longer a harm to themselves or others. they also can hold them longer but this isn't that common so im told. ironically said female with the tat I mentioned worked in such a place. she would know about the law on this.

yes but if we do make it like a prison(sally ports and main gates and perimeters and towers) some would think they are jails and also the cost would go up for treatment. the baker act law in all 50 doesn't allow for more then three days and they must also release them if they are no longer a harm to themselves or others. they also can hold them longer but this isn't that common so im told. ironically said female with the tat I mentioned worked in such a place. she would know about the law on this.

Yes, and I'm sure some of both the confined female residents and the female staff would likely have tattoos in varying types and tastes.

Re. you comment, I guess in tax payer terms, the question is: how secure is 'secure'? Or stated differently: is the tax payer willing to put his or her money where his or her mouth sometimes is, when things don't go according to plan?

I guess this is the larger question.

Blessings.

I wonder what the mentally ill person thought Mr Obama could do about her personal troubles anyway, and why as a consequence she thought driving a vehicle dangerously in the vicinity of the White House could somehow 'help' her? It just does not add up to blame the police for her actions.

I think I read that she thought Pres. Obama was deliberately communicating with her in her thoughts, like telepathy. To me this doesn't sound like postpartum depression. If this is true, she was seriously ill and not thinking logically. It's all very sad.
But I think the police did their job. They couldn't very well just let her keep going, she could have killed someone else, her baby, and herself.

I think I read that she thought Pres. Obama was deliberately communicating with her in her thoughts, like telepathy. To me this doesn't sound like postpartum depression. If this is true, she was seriously ill and not thinking logically. It's all very sad.
But I think the police did their job. They couldn't very well just let her keep going, she could have killed someone else, her baby, and herself.

It's all so sad, but you're right.

It was only over the road at Blair House that years ago a Secret Service man was killed in the line of duty protecting the President from murderous fanatics.

Blessings.

OhFarouk, well its not tax payer paid for the most part. its paid for by insurance, and well since we would have guards and so forth. it would be much like a prison. we would have to control whom goes in and out, and im sure contraband. why? well im sure that at mental facilities they have lists of things they cant have. ie beer, drugs and so forth.

It's all so sad, but you're right.

It was only over the road at Blair House that years ago a Secret Service man was killed in the line of duty protecting the President from murderous fanatics.

Blessings.

Ok, I was curious, and besides a foreigner shouldn't know more about our country than we do. ;)
Are you speaking of Pres. Truman in 1950?
I had to look it up and this is the only one I found.

Ok, I was curious, and besides a foreigner shouldn't know more about our country than we do. ;)
Are you speaking of Pres. Truman in 1950?
I had to look it up and this is the only one I found.

Deborah13:

Yes, just over Lafayette Square from where the car shooting occurred. I don't think the police were just being trigger happy; given that those on armed duty outside the White House would have been told of the shooting at Blair House (and other, non-lethal incidents since).

The poor (and as it turned out) mentally ill driver was very, very unwise to drive a vehicle dangerously and aggressively in such a prime and historic location.

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back