Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are you prolife or prochoice?

Are you prolife or prochoice?

• I am prolife.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Pro-life

When my mother was pregnant with me and then later on with my sister, both times people suggested she get an abortion. Neither one of us would be here now if she had listened to them.

My brother and his wife were unable to have kids on their own...they have been able to adopt two unwanted babies and have 2 more in their home through foster care. These children were given a chance to live and my brother and sister-in-law were given a chance to be parents.

I even knew a woman who became pregnant after being raped but knowing it wasn't the unborn child's fault, she chose life for him and didn't even give him up for adoption and the love she had for that boy was amazing.

Pro-life

I think it's sad that our society today has chosen convenience over LIFE. A child is a precious thing, and it is sickening to think that anyone would think differently. I had a class called Perspectives on Current Affairs, and I was the only one who stood for Pro-Life. I was disgusted. Everyone kept telling me that Birth Control was the same as Abortion. It's the exact opposite I think. Reason #1-there is no child involved.... Reason #2-it's preventing one from being born into a situation that it don't need to be born in.
It's a miracle of God for a child to be born. I know there are children born with many illnesses, etc... But God has a purpose for those children, whether it is to wake up someone's cold heart, or if it's to show someone that love comes in many different ways...even if it's not normal.
My Aunt Kimberly got pregnant a while back, and her baby's brain formed on the outside of it's head. The doctors wanted her to abort it, because they said it stood no chance at life. My Aunt couldn't bear the thought of killing her own flesh and blood, and she carried the baby until she went into labor. The baby lived for 10 minutes, then died. She thanks God to this day for allowing her to have a moment with her daughter. I am so proud of her and I admire her for what she did, because she, like the other people in this world could've chosen convenience over love.
-Marianna =)

And God had a purpose to create a poor baby with its brains outside its head? :-?

We cannot know God's purposes. It is due to our sinful world that babies are born malformed, and die. But you don't know how this child who lived only ten minutes affected the life of another. The fact that Marianna's aunt carried this baby to term despite hope of it having a normal life could have really witnessed to someone else. Perhaps she touched many lives through her convictions.

Obviously from what I've said, I am pro-life. I just find pro-choice arguements so absurd, and one of the things that really bothers me is that many supposedly intellegent people believe, or at least have convinced themselves, that it is perfectly morally okay to abort children. I liken the arguement that a fetus isn't a human being to the mindset of slave owners who said that Blacks weren't human beings. Slaves had few rights and no value beyond the labors they performed, yet none of us would deny that they are people of equal worth to us who had their human rights denied them based on prejudice. Isn't the same thing happening with unborn children? How can we honestly say that just because a baby can't yet live on it's own outside the womb that it isn't a person. That child has the potential to grow into someone like you or me, yet we think we have the right to deny him/her that based on the fact that we don't want that child - we don't find him valuable. A two year old is in a different stage of development than a ten year old, and the ten year old a different stage than an adult. Does this make the two year old child less worthwhile, simply because he doesn't yet have all the capacities of an adult. What's the difference between that two year old, and a baby still inside the womb. We are what we are. Once I was an embryo - that was still me.

And to use the arguement that this unwanted child has no chance at a good life and will grow up miserable, well, that's just a load of crap. If one would just be willing to carry the baby - take nine months out of their life - there are so many loving and stable couples who are yearning to adopt a child.

There's no way around it. Women who abort their children do it out of selfishness. They don't want to be inconvenienced by having to provide for another human being for nine months. It just doesn't fit into their schedule. They need to finish school, they just got a promotion, they want to go out and party with their friends.....and what about all that weight their going to gain. Some abort out of fear, which is still selfishness. Her parents will just kill her if they found out she got pregnant. What will the church think? We need to take responsibility for our actions. You have sex, hey, you might get pregnant - that's a consequence. People today think they can do anything they want without consequence. There's a quick fix for just about anything.

You know what the most frightning thing of all is? The fact that many are willing to admit that an unborn child is still a person, yet they argue that it is still okay to abort it due to the possibility that they may not have a great quality of life. This way of thinking is very close to that of Nazi Germany. How many children with defects and mentally handicapped people were eliminated (not to mention the six million Jews) because someone else judged them unworthy of life? So to those of you who believe that it is acceptable to abort human life, can you please explain to me how your views differ from Hitler's? Or do you not have a problem with the genecide of the 20th century?

And God had a purpose to create a poor baby with its brains outside its head?

Sometimes bad things happen. We don't live in a perfect world. Once upon a time... but now, who knows what caused the baby's brain to form that way? Not I said the duck and I'm sure not going to blame it on God.

BL

Blue-Lightning said:
And God had a purpose to create a poor baby with its brains outside its head?

Sometimes bad things happen. We don't live in a perfect world. Once upon a time... but now, who knows what caused the baby's brain to form that way? Not I said the duck and I'm sure not going to blame it on God.

BL

No, we don't live in a perfect world.

Never did.

And the fact that horrible things like babies being born with their brains on the outside of their heads goes to show that all things don't happen for a reason.

saved4life said:
And the fact that horrible things like babies being born with their brains on the outside of their heads goes to show that all things don't happen for a reason.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

In the words of Sanctus Real, "Praise God He's got a plan, understanding isn't my place."

How many children with defects and mentally handicapped people were eliminated (not to mention the six million Jews) because someone else judged them unworthy of life? So to those of you who believe that it is acceptable to abort human life, can you please explain to me how your views differ from Hitler's? Or do you not have a problem with the genecide of the 20th century

A life of suffering is not preferable to non-existence.

Why? Because guess what?

When you die, you're dead. Sorry to disappoint you, but there's not some nice man up in the sky who's going to fix all your problems he gave you on Earth and then give you a perfect playground for eternity.

That's fantasy thinking...and that's what keeps Christians from acting sane and reasonable when dealing with life and death issues here on Earth.

By the way, I'm pro-life I'd only be pro-choice if the baby itself was the one doing the choosing....

Homeskillet said:
saved4life said:

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

In the words of Sanctus Real, "Praise God He's got a plan, understanding isn't my place."

Yep, and every zit on a teenager's head is a divine little agent of God's wonderful plan.

Thinking there is a some wonderful plan (that includes having a baby born with it's brains outside its head) is a defense mechanism for those who can't handle the truth that life is unfair and absolutely meaningless. Not personally meaningless, but absolutely.

I do not believe that God neccesarily controls every detail of our lives, though He has the ability to do so if He wanted. I do believe that He uses all circumstances, be they good or bad, to build character if we allow Him to do so. We could moan and groan about how awful things are or we can trust Him with our pain and trials. I know for my own self, that all throughout my life, when I gave it over to Him, He turned it around for the best.

Now, saved4life, you can't dissapoint me by telling me my beliefs are a fantasy for nothing you say or do can prove to me He isn't real. I have faith that He is. Period. My only dissapoinment in your words is that I desire for you to believe, to accept the free gift of salvation He has for you. One of God's gifts to us was freewill so you can choose to believe or not. I hope and pray that some day you will choose Him.

Homeskillet said:
By the way, I'm pro-life I'd only be pro-choice if the baby itself was the one doing the choosing....

No, you wouldn't.

That would mean you support the right to choose suicide.

I doubt you support that.

Your statement Heidi "...for nothing you say or do can prove to me He isn't real." is the one that gets me. Its such a blanket statement, closed mind thing to say. If evidence came to light of what happens after death not matching, or one of the competing religions found definate proof (say Zeus turned up in the flesh) are you really saying you wouldn't consider the evidence?
Obviously such things are incredibly unlikely, but it does go both ways. If Christ does return then athiests would say "thats the proof we've been waiting for, we can now understand what you meant". For a athiest to deny Godly powers shown to his own eye he would have to be incredibly close minded too.
I'm not saying that the evidence one way or the other will ever be conclusive, just saying keep your mind open to all sides of the story and try to base your beliefs on what makes the most logical sense to you.
I've talked to Christians who have lost their faith, and athiests who have found it. Both these groups would have never believed it was possible if you'd asked them a couple of years ago.

Your statement Heidi "...for nothing you say or do can prove to me He isn't real." is the one that gets me. Its such a blanket statement, closed mind thing to say. If evidence came to light of what happens after death not matching, or one of the competing religions found definate proof (say Zeus turned up in the flesh) are you really saying you wouldn't consider the evidence?

That's the nature of faith.

I personally like the vast majority of Christians I've met. Their faith usually makes them positive people. It can make them a bit too narrow in their thinking about abstract areas such as sexuality and gender, but overall I think the positives outweigh the negatives. Their religion portrays issues in black and white but luckily they fall on the right side most of the time...

Most of the time.

*wipes a tear* :biggrinThanks saved4life....I really appreciate the fact that you can stand up for me like that even though we disagree in our beliefs!

Wertbag, part of my faith does mean I have a certain amount of "narrow" mindedness...at least on who I believe God is and what His Word says. You may have a problem with that but that is fine. You really can't compare me to other "Christians" who have lost their faith...you don't even know me nor how strong my faith is.

*wipes a tear* :biggrinThanks saved4life....I really appreciate the fact that you can stand up for me like that even though we disagree in our beliefs!

I disagree with everybody. 8)

I always thought it was funny when people said that if you were a true Christian you'd never lose your faith...that people who claim to be ex-Christian never really got it.

But now I think that you can't be an ex-atheist...that if you claim to be an ex-atheist you never really got it. (You were more just a fence-sitter.)

Funny, eh?

saved4life said:
How many children with defects and mentally handicapped people were eliminated (not to mention the six million Jews) because someone else judged them unworthy of life? So to those of you who believe that it is acceptable to abort human life, can you please explain to me how your views differ from Hitler's? Or do you not have a problem with the genecide of the 20th century

A life of suffering is not preferable to non-existence.

Why? Because guess what?

When you die, you're dead. Sorry to disappoint you, but there's not some nice man up in the sky who's going to fix all your problems he gave you on Earth and then give you a perfect playground for eternity.

That's fantasy thinking...and that's what keeps Christians from acting sane and reasonable when dealing with life and death issues here on Earth.

So you or I have the right to decide that person will not want to live? :roll: What is a "life of suffering," anyway? Where is that line saved4 life, that says, this person should live, this one shouldn't? I know many people with physical and mental handicaps, who are happy, well adjusted people. I don't think any of them would say that they wish their mother would have aborted them. And by the way, suffering is not always a bad thing. I would think even someone who isn't a Christian could see the potential value in suffering. You can't deny that going through trials in your life is what makes you stronger and what shapes you into a more authentic person.

Anyway, the children who are being aborted in our country today are, for the most part, healthy, which means that the majority of these abortions are not out of (supposed) compassion for a "suffering" life but they are out of selfishness of a mother who would rather kill her own flesh and blood, than be responsible for her actions.

Back