Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Are you scientifically litterate?

I got a 28. I hastily clicked on a couple of wrong answers I should have known. But I also had to go against traditional Christian beliefs on a couple also. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
ugh, 34. I made a couple of stupid mistakes but I guess the fact that I used my knowledge of mythology instead of science for a couple of them makes up for it.

I sure am.
Job says God hung the earth on nothing? David say that God spoke & that it stood fast? And God created Adam on day 6?

So how old was Earth + stars & moon when man takes a piece of rock to carbon date? + Adam at Their creation of him?;)

As one post remarked, they knew what the poll's answer was, yet it violated their Bible belief.

--Elijah

Well it says I got a 39, but I know I got a 40 because one of their answers was wrong. It said something like "about how old is the earth", and as everyone knows the Earth is much closer to 6000 years old than the millions of years that they said. :readbible

Job says God hung the earth on nothing?
No matter how you slice it, the earth DOES hang on nothing. I mean, it hangs on gravitational forces in it's dance with the sun.... but that is a FORCE, not an object or structure... do it does, indeed, hang on nothing.

As one post remarked, they knew what the poll's answer was, yet it violated their Bible belief.
Well, it is a SCIENCE test, not a Bible test. :yes

What a fun test! Thank you for providing the link to a few minutes of testing although it did remind me a wee bit of the SAT I took quite a few years ago.

On a few questions that posed uncertainty, I found that if I used the very scientific guessing method of "Eeny, meeny, my-knee, :yes moe", I was able to add a few extra correct answers to my score. I had to laugh, tho ... my ultra-scientific method achieved a score that, while not perfect, was very close to it.

:wave

I got a 39 with a bs in chemical eng and working on a ms in EE that is an embarrassing score lol

Well it says I got a 39, but I know I got a 40 because one of their answers was wrong. It said something like "about how old is the earth", and as everyone knows the Earth is much closer to 6000 years old than the millions of years that they said. :readbible

:toofunny :toofunny :toofunny

I misread some of the Questions I should have known better... the DNA RNA one I put Uracil because I didn't pay attention I knew Uracil Swaps out Thymine. but it wanted T not U
I also messed up the Organic element question because I was thinking of Amino-Acids and I forgot that hydrocarbons are also organic.

and I forgot my natural logarithms Yvette would slap me.

No matter how you slice it, the earth DOES hang on nothing. I mean, it hangs on gravitational forces in it's dance with the sun.... but that is a FORCE, not an object or structure... do it does, indeed, hang on nothing.

Well, it is a SCIENCE test, not a Bible test. :yes

Well, I got into a few questions & perhaps it was my slow 'hughes.net' thing? (better than dial up) but my patience ran 'litterate'?;)
I think this one is for youth?

By the way, we pray that everything turns out well for you.

--Elijah

Ahhh... I scored 28. I suppose that's kind've embarrassing for a post-graduate university student. :p

DC: Don't worry; plenty of graduates find arithmetic hard, for example, if they are not from a numerate discipline; plenty of lawyers die without making a will (!); plenty of politicians working on the economy don't have a grasp of economics (as opposed to politics...).:)

DC: Don't worry; plenty of graduates find arithmetic hard, for example, if they are not from a numerate discipline; plenty of lawyers die without making a will (!); plenty of politicians working on the economy don't have a grasp of economics (as opposed to politics...).:)

Ahh, that's true, eh? :lol It's a funny old world. I'm a waste manager, so, give me a waste management quiz and I'll... actually, don't give me a waste management quiz, I'll probably fail at that too! Then I'd have to banish myself to the top of a mountain and live as a hermit for the rest of my days. :nod

Ahhh... I scored 28. I suppose that's kind've embarrassing for a post-graduate university student. :p
Shouldn't matter really (unless you graduated in a science) consider that at the weekly pub quiz I'm next to useless, despite also begin a university graduate. They only ever ask questions about UK music in the 60's 70's and 80's Or hollywood actors/films they make up the bulk of such questions.

In my element/s I'm basically peerless but my elements are severely limiting (Kinda like a shark)
-- Science,Technology and computers are my best elements.

Back