Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

atheist looking over your shoulder

watnee

hi everyone..I've always been an atheist but have always found religion a big part of my life, mainly thru the influence of religion in society. I didn't like it IE: it was stuffy, way too conservative and just a little hard to understand and it caused all the strife/wars in the world etc etc1

Welcome to the forums! :)

mjjcb said:
Hope you read some things here that get you thinking otherwise.
Especially about this:
"it caused all the strife/wars in the world etc."

Welcome to the forum... I used to say the same thing believe me. was an Atheist until almost 30. Man the confrontations that I used to have with religious people..hated them. Now I'm a Christian and find myself saying the same thing the religious people said me....... circle... :wave

Welcome.

Man made religions. God gave us His son Jesus Christ. It's about a relationship with Christ, not religion. I would encourage you just to read your Bible. Start with the Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Just see how much Christ loves you.

Oh, and get a Bible you can understand.

The King James language is hard for some people to understand. Try the New International Version(NIV).

HFGirl said:
Oh, and get a Bible you can understand.

The King James language is hard for some people to understand. Try the New International Version(NIV).
or ask me if you use the kjv or anyone else who does. not that niv is bad.

anyway welcome.

The Lord exists. It is good to believe the truth, isn’t it?

Hi, there are a lot of people who are enthusiastic to swing you into their way of finding peace and joy. I would say you already have that and as long as you don't argue against God by denying that His son Jesus Christ was sent to redeem the world, you can be assured you have nothing to fear!

God is not about fear, but Love. There's not anything more than believing that you "must do to gain eternal life". People who try to sway you into that way of thinking are simply putting themselves in God's position and they have no right nor wisdom to do so.

I would suggest you just open your heart to the idea that you can come to know God spiritually when you choose to. Meanwhile, you only need to be concerned with monitoring your attitude so your heart demonstrates your best attempt to be honest and accepting of everyone's spirituality - your posts are demonstrating this already ;)

A lot of athiests find it hard to accept that God would condemn them because they "didn't follow the rules" and I'm inclined to agree with them because I know God and he never rejects someone because they have chosen not to accept Him. See the story of the prodigal son in Luke 15.

God is a wonderful person to know, so open-minded, accepting, loving and supportive. Basically every positive thing in Life is given by God, every negative thing is given by His enemy. I think you've probably always had a heart that Loves Him and it is completely your own decision to come to know Him personally whenever you want to.

Welcome! it is great to have diversity and insightful contributions to discussion!

Back