Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Baby Names

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

LostSoul

Recently my husband and I learned we are to be having a very much welcomed and long awaited addition to the family. We are currently in between our first and second month of pregnancy. At the time we basically have girls names picked out but are really stumped as to names for a boy.
I would very much like to incorperate my husband's name somehow into the child's name...but we are open to suggestion.

Does anyone have some thoughts as to a good name for a little boy?

Girl names are still welcome.

I like you, have my own daughter's name planned.. But I'm not all sold out on the boy's name.

Girl's name: Chloe
Boy's Name: Chris (Short for Christian or Christopher)

I've always thought Allowhicious would be a cool name! :biggrin

If that doesn't work I've also always been partial to David!

David.

Some couples (like my husband and me) pick names out before they hear the good news. We are waiting to be blessed with a baby. The names we picked out are:

Girl: Norah Rae (this name honors his great grandmother and my grandfather; they were our "favorite" grandparents, but we love all of our grandparents)
Boy: Simeon James (Simon for short)

P.S.

Lord, thank you for this tiny gift. Bless this family as they wait the arrival of a tiny new human. Keep your hand on her pregnancy. Help it to go exactly as you have planned. Help this couple to name this baby the name this baby the name you have picked out. Keep them always in your light, Lord.

Amen.

Thank you everyone for the names, and prayers. Please keep them coming.

At the time this is what we have for a girl either:

Misty Dawn Faith
Grace Jeannine Rose

Boys are still being a toss up. Would like to incorperate the name of Robert somehow if possible. So if any of you know of a name that may sound good with it, please toss it by. We can use all the help we can get.

I love names that are based on honoring other relatives! My son his named after both my wife's brother and my brother. We swapped their first names around to give him his first and middle name.

Gabriel :biggrin i chose that name for myself a few years ago, so thats definitely my fave. i dont think it goes well with Robert though. maybe Samuel?

I was bless with one son, and husband, both now in the Kingdom. But we wanted another son and we were going to name him Khrystyan Walker Earley. Khrystyan/Christian I've always been one that's likes to play with the spelling of names, I like twinking with someones mind figuring out how to pronounce it. I didn't ever have the priviledge of naming a daughter which was going to be Anaha Nakia Kemo Earley....which means "Beautiful Vast Plains of Love Earley"....due to the character of the early American indian tribes who truly loved and lived off this land/country and took care of it, what they took from it was prayed over, and out of respect it was given back in other ways, plus it's my first husband and my Cherokee heritage. Our grandmothers were full blooded Cherokee, while my grandfather was Welch, his grandfather was Irish. So my husbands family had redheads that didn't burn out in the sun, just got real dark which was confusing for people to see a dark skinned redheads, except poor little Kemo/Love (husbands lil' sister) she be burnt in 5 minutes. LOL

My step-daughter gave me the priviledge to spell the name Jayden for my grandsons name, we spell it Jaidyn. But I've always liked names that represent a character or mantle that one carries in giving honor to God. Now our daughter did this with her daughter's name: Chasiti Logan Lowery means "Pure Women of God climbing in leadership" and boy this 3 1/2 year old is on fire for Jesus since she was 6 months old, along with a 38 word vocabulary at that time. And she has a very up right take charge personality, even in the caring of her one year old brother....like a little mama, and you better not get it wrong in caring for him. :lol: One of her first words was Jesus, and putting my cross necklace to my lips to kiss, and funny thing my grandson does the same thing. My mother named me Carol which means song of joy, and she said I always would sing and make up songs, and now I do it for Jesus with song and singing prayers of thanksgiving. But singing to myself got me through some very hard times/abuse. Sometimes the meaning of our names can carry us through the hard times, because we can rely on the representation of the power of our names in Christ. Especailly in these last days.....

HA HA! We are in the same boat! My wife and I are also expecting, this will be #2 for us. Picking names is hard. We had a very hard time picking our sons name (Logan) we finally agreed because unknown to my wife at the time Logan is the name of my favorite comic book character.
wolverine.gif

I love Samuel. I like boys names that are not nicknames. My son is Thomas, not Tom or Tommy, but Thomas. He insists. I also like Michael, David, Issac and Noah. Yes, Gabriel is one of my all time favorites.

Now Robert was my dad. His name was Robert Lee, but not after the general, it just sounds good like that.

You know Carol, I love you like my own sisters, but as one who regularly substitute teaches, I hate it when the spelling of names gets messed with! Here is what I mean: Everyone wants to name their little bundle of joy a name that is as unique as they are. But, at the same time, you want your little darling to fit in and not have a nerdy name. Solution? Change the spelling of course. OK, this is what this looks like to a teacher and remember this is from personal experience:

Attendence roll call:
Ashlee
Ashleigh
Ashlei
Britney
Brittnee
Britni
Britany
Brittaniee
Breanna
Briana
Brianna
Briyanah

Dora, I love you too girl. And I hate that I'm one of those people that make you want to yank "our" hair out over spelling. :lol: But I will do my best to behave myself in here, but you know girl old habits are hard to break at my old age. :wink: So out of my great respect for you girl, except for the occassional slip of the fingers when typing a post, I'll not play with names. :-D Now my spelling :crazyeyes: it needs alot of work.....so don't grade me, I'll flunk! :oops:

Wow, does anyone know if you try to access the other smiley's that it takes you from your pre-post and arases it to where you have to start over on your response post again? glitch!!!!

Wow, who knew that baby names could go south on us. I'm going to lock this topic, do a bit of clean up and then we can all vote whether or not Danielle should name her baby Hezekiah.

OK, no more politics. None. Zip. Zilch. Stop. The topic is BABY NAMES!

Danielle, I know you want to incorporate Robert's name for the boy so how about this:

Sean Robert (plug last name here)

I've always liked Sean (and much prefer the Gallic Sean rather than Shawn) and it does sound good with Robert.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back