Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Back to God

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
About the past year I’ve undergone a great transformation. I fell away from God for a while, and I’ve recently come back. My detour was 100% my fault because I wasn’t faithful or committed enough. Everything that I went through in the past year was a direct result of my failings. After a long period of soul-searching, I’ve decided to get rid of all the obstacles that are blocking me from living for God. I don’t claim any denomination. I’m just a Christian. I’ve walked away from all the worldly things that I can for example music, books, television & situaltions/people. I’ve purged my life completely. The people I interacted with in the past/recent past are no more. No explanation to them needed because I don’t owe anyone anything & they don’t walk in truth & light. My home has been decluttered & I’m now a minimalist. My soul & mind have been set free.

I have no one to answer to except for God. I will continue to do everything to serve Him not man. I’ve done all this in order so I’m not fooled by the world a second time. I won’t be deceived anymore. I won’t listen to the world anymore. I stick to myself & do the things that are good & true. I didn’t want to be around the world, so I moved to a remote place where I can contemplate & have peace with God.

About the past year I’ve undergone a great transformation. I fell away from God for a while, and I’ve recently come back. My detour was 100% my fault because I wasn’t faithful or committed enough. Everything that I went through in the past year was a direct result of my failings. After a long period of soul-searching, I’ve decided to get rid of all the obstacles that are blocking me from living for God. I don’t claim any denomination. I’m just a Christian. I’ve walked away from all the worldly things that I can for example music, books, television & situaltions/people. I’ve purged my life completely. The people I interacted with in the past/recent past are no more. No explanation to them needed because I don’t owe anyone anything & they don’t walk in truth & light. My home has been decluttered & I’m now a minimalist. My soul & mind have been set free.

I have no one to answer to except for God. I will continue to do everything to serve Him not man. I’ve done all this in order so I’m not fooled by the world a second time. I won’t be deceived anymore. I won’t listen to the world anymore. I stick to myself & do the things that are good & true. I didn’t want to be around the world, so I moved to a remote place where I can contemplate & have peace with God.
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you are going from one extreme to another.

May I point out to you the lettuces of Hebrews 10:19 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Particularly the last one, ' let us consider how we may spur one another on, not giving up meeting together.'

We are to be a spiritual family, that meets together for worship, instruction, and fellowship.
Leaving in isolation does not make that possible.

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you are going from one extreme to another.

May I point out to you the lettuces of Hebrews 10:19 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Particularly the last one, ' let us consider how we may spur one another on, not giving up meeting together.'

We are to be a spiritual family, that meets together for worship, instruction, and fellowship.
Leaving in isolation does not make that possible.
I don't affiliate myself with any denomination. I don't feel it's necessary to follow one or the other. I'm a Christian & I read the Bible simple as that. Churches are made up of people who give their interpretations of what the scriptures say.

The people I interacted with in the past/recent past are no more. No explanation to them needed because I don’t owe anyone anything & they don’t walk in truth & light.
Did you tell them you had found the truth and the light and they could too ?
I didn’t want to be around the world, so I moved to a remote place where I can contemplate & have peace with God.
You need to seriously ask yourself and God if this is your life from now forward .

John17
15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

Hi desertlily and welcome to CF :wave2

I am so happy you have submitted all of you to the Lord.

Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Looking forward to getting to know you :)

I don't affiliate myself with any denomination. I don't feel it's necessary to follow one or the other. I'm a Christian & I read the Bible simple as that. Churches are made up of people who give their interpretations of what the scriptures say.

Two points.
You don't "feel" , this is unnecessary emotional baggage, Christianity is not primarily about what we feel but about what is true and about what scripture teaches.

2nd you say churches are made up of people giving their interpretation of scripture, yes and that is what you are also doing.

Search scripture, see what it says about meeting together or about being alone and obey scripture.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back