Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bad things are coming ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

hawkman

Staff member
As I finished praying one day these words came to me , " Bad things are coming ." . This was August last year and I thought what does that mean ? What should I have done to prepare myself for the bad things that were coming ? What would you do with this info given to you ?

We have known for over 2,000 years that bad things are coming.

“So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let the one who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house, and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak. And alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days! Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be."
Matthew 24:15-21 NKJV

“See that no one leads you astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are but the beginning of the birth pains. Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved."
Matthew 24:4-13 NKJV

I think this is the answer.

“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken and one left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one left. Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."
Matthew 24:36-44 NKJV

Ok , let me say it this way . Bad things are coming to visit directly on YOU and yours , at least that is what happened to me . How should I have prepared if I knew my family was facing hard times with pain ?

Ok , let me say it this way . Bad things are coming to visit directly on YOU and yours , at least that is what happened to me . How should I have prepared if I knew my family was facing hard times with pain ?
Without knowing what those hard times are going to be, how can one prepare?

In our Tuesday morning men's prayer breakfast we've been reading through Job. How could he possibly prepare for what was to come? What did he do in response? He kept faith in God.

What did Paul have to say?

Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:11-13 NKJV

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”
2 Corinthians 12:7-9 NKJV

Without knowing what those hard times are going to be, how can one prepare?
In hind sight I should have prayed often and a lot and I could have asked others to pray for us before things came down on us .
He kept faith in God.
YES ! So God gave me a heads up in August and then in September I fell and broke my arm , jammed my shoulder in the process and broke a small leg bone too🤕 . A week later my wife find out she has cancer and needs surgery and treatments 😢 . And my dad had to have unplanned colon surgery 😮 also in this time frame . Bottom line we are all healing up and mending nicely , Praise God !

submit to God and resist the devil and he will flee

God turns all things to good for those who love Him

devil comes to steal kill and setroy but Messiah comes to give life

no weapon formed against you can prosper all that rise up against you fall and surrender

i would pray these over myself and loved ones daily to counter anything bad that is coming

there are more scriptures that apply but these are the ones that came to mind right now

In hind sight I should have prayed often and a lot and I could have asked others to pray for us before things came down on us .

YES ! So God gave me a heads up in August and then in September I fell and broke my arm , jammed my shoulder in the process and broke a small leg bone too🤕 . A week later my wife find out she has cancer and needs surgery and treatments 😢 . And my dad had to have unplanned colon surgery 😮 also in this time frame . Bottom line we are all healing up and mending nicely , Praise God !
This is very sad Hawkman.
I also am going through a very difficult time...
but I find that God helps me in accepting.

To prepare for what's coming...we need to know our Savior very well BEFORE, when all things are good.
We need to, somehow, (different for everyone) come to trust Him, as is written in Romans...
All things work for the good to those that love Him.
We need to know that whatever happens, God allowed it (not caused it) and when we look back one day in the future we will realize that it was for our good - even though it definitely may not seem so right now that we are going through tough times.

We also must understand that we are all in the same boat.
Some Christians believe nothing will happen to them and then when it does they lose their faith or are shocked.
We live in a world system...this is the way it is. When God intervenes it's a miracle and miracles don't happen every day.

All good things come from God...
Let's be thankful for the good and prepare for the rain, which will certainly happen at some point, while we are still in the sun.

This is very sad Hawkman.
I also am going through a very difficult time...
but I find that God helps me in accepting.
I will be praying for you .
To prepare for what's coming...we need to know our Savior very well BEFORE, when all things are good.
We need to, somehow, (different for everyone) come to trust Him, as is written in Romans...
All things work for the good to those that love Him.
We need to know that whatever happens, God allowed it (not caused it) and when we look back one day in the future we will realize that it was for our good - even though it definitely may not seem so right now that we are going through tough times.

We also must understand that we are all in the same boat.
Some Christians believe nothing will happen to them and then when it does they lose their faith or are shocked.
We live in a world system...this is the way it is. When God intervenes it's a miracle and miracles don't happen every day.

All good things come from God...
Let's be thankful for the good and prepare for the rain, which will certainly happen at some point, while we are still in the sun.
Thanks for the words of encouragement . We are all in the same boat headed to the same destination :) .

As I finished praying one day these words came to me , " Bad things are coming ." . This was August last year and I thought what does that mean ? What should I have done to prepare myself for the bad things that were coming ? What would you do with this info given to you ?

Life can be tough, so what should we do to be ready?

There are some basic things we can do.
Ensure our homes are safe, be a good employee, neighbour etc as well as having savings, insurance etc etc

Jesus commended the unjust steward for his foresight in preparing for hard times.
Are we wise about our future.

Ultimately our security is in Jesus.
So how does one prepare to trust him when life gets difficult?
Do we put more trust in our bank balance and insurance than in God?

For me part of being able to trust Jesus is in having a good knowledge of what he has done for me.

In the end we make a decision to trust God, even when that seems to be stupid.

Stand strong in your faith and put on the full armour of God as you stand in His promises, Psalms 91; Ephesians 6:10-20.

When you can't stand any longer than just stand even harder leaning on the word of God and trusting Him in all things, even if it looks bleak. The world has no idea what is about to come, but we as a true child of God have already been given that which must come first before the return of Christ. Matthew 24:1-31 gives us an outline that Jesus already gave us to watch out for.

Does it go keep inline with the word of God? I like many here I hope and pray do.. hear from the lord. One for me that stands out I will only share the end "watch and pray watch and pray watch and pray be ready". For me again its not like God to say something like you heard and then "A God? What does this mean?" God "you figure it out". :)

I would be asking Him.. then KNOWING exactly whom I am talking to I still ask "please back it up with your word". Even one day asking about something.. I was shown something at the end of it He said "I am the vine you are the branches". I didn't ask for that.. yet He will always back it up by His word.. keep it in line with His word. It will never go against His word. Never have fear worry doubt.

Now for me the red flag that it was not of God is you don't know. Well about the future or something personally coming at you and yours. You would just know. Does it bring peace or fear worry? Things to think about.

Oh praise GOD like WIP said.. He already told us this 2000 years ago. Man I have enough problems living this moment haha

Does it go keep inline with the word of God? I like many here I hope and pray do.. hear from the lord. One for me that stands out I will only share the end "watch and pray watch and pray watch and pray be ready". For me again its not like God to say something like you heard and then "A God? What does this mean?" God "you figure it out". :)

I would be asking Him.. then KNOWING exactly whom I am talking to I still ask "please back it up with your word". Even one day asking about something.. I was shown something at the end of it He said "I am the vine you are the branches". I didn't ask for that.. yet He will always back it up by His word.. keep it in line with His word. It will never go against His word. Never have fear worry doubt.

Now for me the red flag that it was not of God is you don't know. Well about the future or something personally coming at you and yours. You would just know. Does it bring peace or fear worry? Things to think about.

Oh praise GOD like WIP said.. He already told us this 2000 years ago. Man I have enough problems living this moment haha
Yes , I should have prayed and asked God for more info on what was to come and what should I do to prepare .

God knows me well enough to know how I handle fear , no problems there :) .

What I am posting is not something we need to fear if we are truly trusting in the Lord, but to be prepared for if we are still alive at this time during the end of days during the seven trumpets sounding that we read of in the book of Revelations. Just putting this out there for all to think about.

When the son of perdition takes his literal seat in the holy place of Jerusalem, 2Thessalonians 2:1-5, Jesus warned us to flee as He has a place prepared for us wherever we go to, Matthew 24:15-21; Rev 12:14. At this time many Christians will be taken captive that did not heed the warning to flee and if they will not denounce Christ and bow down and take the mark of this beast, who falsely claims peace and safety to all who takes its mark, they will die a martyr's death.

God's protection is absolute to those who are His own and escape into the wilderness as they trust in Christ to help meet their needs. Just as God told Moses to strike the rock for fresh water, Exodus 17:1-7, and sending manna down from heaven and providing Quail for meat, Exodus 16, so will be the same in the end of days, Philippians 4:19.

Nut shell scenario of what will happen during the first six trumpets of Rev Chapter 8-11 that leads up to the seventh trumpet and the 3 1/2 years events of Chapter 13 with the beast out of the sea and out of the earth.

God’s wrath is poured out into the world as chastisements for disobedience, but also a warning that man needs to repent and turn back to God before the door of salvation is closed forever when Christ returns.

Hail and fire can be likened unto meteors that fall from the sky. A third of the trees and all the green grass are burned up which makes a third part of the world with a shortage of oxygen in the air that is created from the carbon dioxide from the trees and living plants. Seeing that this is Global the intense fire and smoke from all the trees and grass burning can travel for miles causing much more damage throughout the nations. The trees that produce various healthy foods for our wellbeing will become scarce. The green grasses that would probably include crops of wheat, barley, corn and so forth will be destroyed causing a shortage in food. The animals we depend on as a food source will also die as they are left without vegetation they need to live on.

This great mountain burning with fire could be a large asteroid as the third part of the sea is destroyed along with sea life and the third part of the ships that sit in it. The third part of the sea turned to blood by reason of all the animal life that is killed and those men, women and children who are on these ships that are destroyed. Take into consideration the disease that would spread from all the rotted sea life that is rotting away washing up on the shore and the flesh of those who were burned along with the ships.

These ships will more than likely be types of fuel tankers, merchant, fishing and luxury cruises ships traveling the waters. With the third of these ships being destroyed means a third part of the world’s fuel and food supply would be destroyed. There is only one ocean, but divided by four regions as being the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Arctic Ocean, and the Indian Ocean. This would be like the four corners of the earth as being North, South, East and West. The only difference between the ocean and the sea is that the ocean is much larger and feeds into the 108 seas around the world that also flow into our lakes and streams that provide us with fresh drinking water and other sources of food.

With the third part of the sun, moon and stars being darkened this will affect mans source of electricity and heat that is vital to keep a certain degree of the earth warm, and generated power in homes, hospitals and manufacturing plants including nuclear reactors.

Agriculture and navigation would be hard pressed as it takes the solar power from the sun to run the solar cells that produces the energy needed to run farming machinery and trucks to take the produce to manufacturing plants where the produce is then distributed to market.

Vehicles such as cars, ambulances, planes, trains and the list goes on need an energy source from the sun in order to run their engines. The darkness of the third part of the day would be roughly around eight hours of daylight being lost and total darkness of night as the moon and stars are illuminated by the sun at night. A flashlight would be useless to see in the dark as it needs energy from the sun to run the battery that turns the light on.

This much darkness would cause people to panic in the streets creating chaos as the love of many will wax cold, Matthew 24:12. Riots would break out causing looting and lose of life as those who have not will do anything in desperation to take from those who have much. IMO Marshal law will be enforced as we see history repeat itself with many Christians taken captive that did not flee and killed as they refuse to denounce Christ and take the mark. They will also die a martyr's death, Rev 6:9-11, especially vs. 11. Also we are not to fear what man can do to us, Matthew 10:28.

This is where the mark of the beast comes in during the seventh trumpet as this NWO is a Luciferian system of economics, political, military, educational and false religious power that gives power to the beast out of the earth being the son of perdition. By lying signs and wonders the beast will deceive the nations (people) into taking its mark. IMO I think the mark is the thoughts of our mind and the actions of our hands reaching out to this beast that promises peace, safety and provision as many will bow down and worship this beast who claims to be God.

After the 3 1/2 years of this Luciferian reign on earth that will wear out the saints then every eye will see Christ coming in the clouds with His army of angels that are then sent out to gather those saints who are alive at His coming and those who sleep in their graves. We are gathered up to the clouds as we receive our new glorified bodies in order to meet Jesus in the air. From the air He destroys the beast and false prophet by the brightness of His coming only speaking their destruction casting them into the lake of fire. Satan is bound for a time as Jesus sets out to destroy all the nations that followed after the beast. Satan is then released in a final attempt to destroy the saints as he sends his angels out to surround the camp of the saints, but the angels are consumed by fire and Satan cast into the lake of fire. Then comes God's great white throne judgment and the books are opened and all are judged. Then this present heaven and earth are burned up and made new again and the New Jerusalem is ushered down from heaven where we will be with the Lord forever.

Wow!!!! That is something else. So sorry for you and your family though. Hopefully you could press into Christ having sensed something coming. Bless you. So grateful yall are on the mend. God is faithful.

Wow!!!! That is something else. So sorry for you and your family though. Hopefully you could press into Christ having sensed something coming. Bless you. So grateful yall are on the mend. God is faithful.
Thank you for the kind words :) . Maybe God was waiting on me to ask for guidance after telling me "bad things are coming " . God is with us in the healing process .

You need to contemplate on whether that was God talking or the devil talking. Its not every "voice" that you "hear" will be Gods. Sometimes its the devil trying to change your mentality so he can make plans for your life and start setting spiritual traps that lead you away from faith.

Back