Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Baptism discussion continued

jgredline said:
Hi David
After reading your post a few times, I find my self agreeing with some of what your saying, but to be honest I really don't understand what your saying or what you believe after all that....Can you clarify your position in simple terms.

Thanks javier
Thanks for the long post Javier...as for the above comment, its very simple actually Javier...

jgredline said:
Agreed.....Baptism does not save from sin, but from a bad conscience. Peter clearly taught that baptism was not merely a ceremonial act of physical purification......, but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. Baptism is the symbol of what has already occurred in the heart and life of one who has trusted Christ as Savior.....To make the source of salvation perfectly clear Peter added, ''by the resurrection of Jesus Christ'' go and see.....,,,1 Peter 1:3.

Already covered it above...

You said the following:
  • Baptism does not save from sin.[/*:m:6e733]
  • Baptism save us from a bad conscience.[/*:m:6e733]
  • Baptism is not merely a ceremonial act of physical purification[/*:m:6e733]
  • Baptism is the pledge of a good conscience toward God[/*:m:6e733]
  • Baptism is the symbol of what has already occurred in the heart and life of one who has trusted Christ as Savior[/*:m:6e733]
  • To make the source of salvation [not baptism] perfectly clear [/*:m:6e733]
  • by the resurrection of Jesus Christ' [/*:m:6e733]
Javier, I believe this is what you said. Based on what I perceive from your quote that is.
To my understanding Javier Peter is saying that the source of salvation is really the resurrection of Jesus Christ but go ahead and do the ritual of immersion in water just in case.
In other words do Works for you are still full of "the filth of the flesh."

I know it sounds sarcastic on my part but heavens no! I am really trying to understand.
You see I follow the resurrected Lord in Paul because Paul was entrusted with the sound words of Jesus in the Gospel of Grace or circumcision.

"But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter" Galatians 2:7

Our Lord in the days of His flesh gave Peter and the others an Apostolic command:

"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

What did Jesus tell Peter at the very end?

"...Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love [Agape Love] thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs...Feed my sheep...Feed my sheep.

Three time Jesus asked Peter for his love towards Him and three time answer with agape love and to take care of the house of Israel or the Circumsicion.

Peter answer with Agape Love 3 times, not the kind of love for the resurrected Christ who was now God overall.

Than Jesus went on to prophesy Peter's death, that was to be under disobedience:

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdest thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another [Paul] shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not." John 21:15-19

Javier, when Jesus asked the apostles to meet Him for the last time this is what happened:

"Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted." Matthew 28:16-17

Would you worship Jesus under doubt? Well some apostles did doubted, I wonder if Peter was among them.

You see Javier Paul tells us that "...He that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:

And when James, Cephas [Peter], and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen[to the uncircumcision or Gentile ] , and they unto the circumcision [the Jew]
. Galatians 2:8-9

But something happen with this fellowship and the apostolic command:

"But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

Why did Paul confronted Peter face to face? What was Peter doing at Antioch a city of prominent Gentile believer. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch, under the ministry of Paul.

For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

Was Paul purposely awaiting for Peter at Antioch because Peter had something to hide? I ask my self why.

Did Peter feared the fingering party of James the half brother of Jesus? He withdrew and separated from the Gentiles right away.

Now we have Paul, the people of James in the same room, and the Jews that were with Peter. Who are they? some of the Apostles that worship Jesus under doubt? We don't know it doesn't say.

But one thing we know for sure is that the people of James are witnessing a verbal beating to the man that was supposed to be taking care of the house of Israel.

Peter must be scared half to death by now, would you say?

And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

The other Jews are dissembled? Dissembled=to give a false or misleading appearance to; conceal the truth or real nature of.

Now Barnabas the companion of Paul is here too! Was he spying for Peter against Paul? What is he there for? The Plot thickens well we see that he was given the right "hands of fellowship" to go to the Gentile along with Paul.

So we see that Barnabas was carried away with their dissimulation, hypocrisy? make believe?

"But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

So here is the heart of the matter...Paul saw them! He must of been concealing himself from them for he Says that they were not upright. Now according to Paul they walked not upright according to the truth of the Gospel! The gospel has a truth...

No body in this world should compel a Gentile to live as do Jews. Not even an angel from Heaven Galatians 1:8

So the truth of the gospel is is very important to Paul, I guess if I practice the truth of the gospel under simulation that makes me what?

What I am saying is that Peter and the other apostles have a different agenda than The Apostle Paul has for the gentile and the remnant of Israel

Peter writings are for his contemporaries the Jew, for he says:

"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers [Jews] scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia" 1 Peter 1
[No gentiles here]

James too:

"James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting". James 1:1
[No Gentiles here]

"We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified

"Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment."
Hebrews 6:1-2

No baptism for the Gentile...

Now this is not me discrediting or bashing The Apostles and St. Peter for we are to build on the foundation of the apostles but with the direction of The Master Architect... Paul

It is written

Back