Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Baptism of the Holy Spirit

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
If we are saved we are filled with the Spirit . . .
Hey Brother Bill, how do you come to the above conclusion? I realize how I worded my replies may not illustrate what I asked as to receiving the Holy Spirit since you believed. To me the moment you believed you were saved. Thanks.

Last edited:
You know Bill, big gifts come in small packages. Maybe your name should change to 1 ton taylor!
No, I believe the hold over th1bill that has grown to th1b.taylor is still a bit presumptuous. The whole thing is a hold over from when they would intro Cowboy Bill, who died Jan. 1, 1990. Now I'm just a crippled has been that my LORD has seen fit to use in His service... nothing more.

No, I believe the hold over th1bill that has grown to th1b.taylor is still a bit presumptuous. The whole thing is a hold over from when they would intro Cowboy Bill, who died Jan. 1, 1990. Now I'm just a crippled has been that my LORD has seen fit to use in His service... nothing more.

OK, buddy, you're only crippled in your eyes, not mine.

Hey Brother Bill, how do you come to the above conclusion? I realize how I worded my replies may not illustrate what I asked as to receiving the Holy Spirit since you believed. To me the moment you believed you were saved. Thanks.
I was spoken to, by Jesus, in November of 1966, the exac6t date is found on the Wall, noting the day of death for Paul Hienen, He spoke seven words that changed my life, from that moment forward.

I was not saved then, just running away from God... perfectly silly endeavour. Then, right in the middle of Auld Lang Sine the Spirit over came me, 23 years and a month later. I pulled my equipment off stage that night, amid threats to my person and my life with the full knowledge that I had been claimed and no longer belonged to myself. I had a small silver, leather bound KJV I had been studying for about two years and when Brother Clark sat me down and fired a set of test questions at me, he confirmed what I knew, that I had been saved and had the perpetual infilling of the Holy Spirit, then he baptized me.

OK, buddy, you're only crippled in your eyes, not mine.
LOL! No, this stinking cheap chair the VA gave me rubs that truth in every moment of every day. Spiritually, I am vigorous, just as Physically I will be, again, in Heaven. Thank you for the flowers though, really.

I was spoken to, by Jesus, in November of 1966, the exac6t date is found on the Wall, noting the day of death for Paul Hienen, He spoke seven words that changed my life, from that moment forward.

I was not saved then, just running away from God... perfectly silly endeavour. Then, right in the middle of Auld Lang Sine the Spirit over came me, 23 years and a month later. I pulled my equipment off stage that night, amid threats to my person and my life with the full knowledge that I had been claimed and no longer belonged to myself. I had a small silver, leather bound KJV I had been studying for about two years and when Brother Clark sat me down and fired a set of test questions at me, he confirmed what I knew, that I had been saved and had the perpetual infilling of the Holy Spirit, then he baptized me.
That's good enough for me brother; I would certainly never challenge Jesus' words to you. :wave2

That's good enough for me brother; I would certainly never challenge Jesus' words to you. :wave2
The strange thing about it, from the natural man's eyes, is what I said to draw the response from Jesus. I was about 2 months short of my 22 year, in age, an Alcoholic, gun toting warrior that had just found my best friend blown into little pieces from an enemy mortar to the chest.

I was also a self professed Atheist, raised by non-believing parents and at 7 that morning, I found myself shaking my fist at Heaven and cursing the God I claimed not to exist. Jesus spoke to me in that still, small voice, only I could have heard and said, "Why curse me, you don't even believe." Just seven words and htough I did not seek conversion because I had convoluted ideas of what Christianity was, I did my best to talk everyone else out of following me to Hell.

I had the aunt that introduced me to the churh where 30 or forty people would roll on the floors, screaming in tongues and I had one aunt that swore my dad was going to Hell because he fought the war in the Pacific with the 2nd of the 7th Cav. She was a JW but even back then, they called themselve Christians and there I was, watching my men die every day, so I knew God would not forgive me. I looked to be quite a sight when I ETSed and threw my gang colors away. I rode the highways with long hair, long beard and a blue-jean jacket with no sleeves and on the back, in the middle of a 20" silver oval was, "God is not dead."

Jesus saves some of the darnedest folks!

Oh yeah, I am a strange person indeed and for those of you that are interested, I not only restore ruined Photos, free, I am working a project that has no commercial value at all for the Small Groups Ministries in our Church Family. I completed one Contemporary Worship DVD and by the end of January I will have the C&W Worship DVD. If anyone is interested, please PM me and I'll give you my address and for a stamped. self addressed envelope and a dime for the DVD cost I'll burn, label and mail one ot you for use in worship in your home. The contemporary is currently in use in our meetings., so it is a good, working DVD.

Wow, what a testimony!
Like I said, the only claim to fame I really ever had was my love and skill on combat helicopters. Even my dad knew I was not the sharpest blade in the box. He and my Sargent Major in Germany were both with the 2nd of the 7th in WW II and both of them did everything they could to keep me out of Vietnam and my mom had a really tough time keeping my old man sober, especially when I volunteered to remain in country for an additional six months to qualify for 3 compete tours.

My exposure to Jesus was less than half way through my first tour, so you see, not to sharp.

There is something about meeting Jesus that changes everything. When the Lord removed the veil I became on fire for Jesus. Something happened on the inside that showed up on the outside that made me what to know Him. Jesus is my prize that has changed everything! This is why I what to know Him. After being filled with the Holy Spirit I became a fisher of people. I have accepted my free gift, "The Ministry Of Reconciliation". God is making his appeal through you and I that He is not counting people sins against them. This is my purpose for life; spreading the good news about the gospel, of love and forgiveness to my family, my friends, my co-workers, or anybody that Christ sends my way. As a Ambassador for Christ there is no age requirement, race requirement, political requirement, rich or poor requirement, license requirement, nor do you need to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Yes I have received several gifts from the Holy Spirit. Glory to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit!

Last edited:
There is something about meeting Jesus that changes everything. When the Lord removed the veil I became on fire for Jesus. Something happened on the inside that showed up on the outside that made me what to know Him. Jesus is my prize that has changed everything! This is why I what to know Him. After being filled with the Holy Spirit I became a fisher of people. I have accepted my free gift of "The Ministry Of Reconciliation". God is making his appeal through you and I that He is not counting people sins against them. This is my purpose for life; spreading the good news about the gospel, of love and forgiveness to my family, my friends, my co-workers, or anybody that Christ sends my way. As a Ambassador for Christ there is no age requirement, race requirement, political requirement, rich or poor requirement, license requirement, nor do you need to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Yes I have received several gifts from the Holy Spirit. Glory to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit!
With a bit more study you'll discover that no man can do any work for God except God empowers that man or woman and there is no empowerment without without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Your statement is an error that has grown out of the Tongues mean Salvation movement that is, just, not quite true. Tongues is a sign, but only a sign, of the indwelling. There is no work for Christ accomplished without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and, as sad as it is, Jesus will tell all that do works in His name, without the indwelling, to be gone from Him for He never knew them.

God bless but you are already indwelt.

With a bit more study you'll discover that no man can do any work for God except God empowers that man or woman and there is no empowerment without without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit...
Something I've seen more than once in my Christian life is a person who is called to some type of ministry, whether as a full time thing or even just someone who does something voluntarily once in a while, who had the power of the Holy Spirit working in them. There is success and power and they know it comes from the Spirit because they know the positive results had nothing to do with their own wisdom or planning. But after a while they start to forget it's the power of the Spirit working through them and start to think they are doing it. Without realizing it they rely less and less on God's Spirit and more and more on their own wisdom. After a while their "ministry" becomes just a powerless, discouraging shell of what God had in mind, and they don't know why. It's sad to watch that happen to people after the novelty wears off.

With a bit more study you'll discover that no man can do any work for God except God empowers that man or woman and there is no empowerment without without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Your statement is an error that has grown out of the Tongues mean Salvation movement that is, just, not quite true. Tongues is a sign, but only a sign, of the indwelling. There is no work for Christ accomplished without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and, as sad as it is, Jesus will tell all that do works in His name, without the indwelling, to be gone from Him for He never knew them.

God bless but you are already indwelt.
Please use this statement above as bible study to show Christians how Satan will come through others and try or steal the word of God. The scriptures teaches us that Jesus cast out over 2,000 demons in one man. This man became a testimony for Jesus to tell others about His goodness and His mercy (Mark 5:1-20 NLT). This man did not have the Holy Spirit in him. Stop putting Jesus in a box! He is Lord Jesus Christ who can do anything to use Christians with or without the Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:16-21 NLT tells us; 16 So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now! 17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 18 And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. 19 For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. 20 So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” 21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin,[e] so that we could be made right with God through Christ.

As you have read, all Christians with or without being filled with the Holy Spirit have received this free gift.

Last edited:
This sounds like debating.
I don't think we're suppose to debate in this forum.
I started this thread with hopes of sharing this "Holy Spirit" experience with others.
It has been derailed.
I suggest now it be moved to another forum.

Something I've seen more than once in my Christian life is a person who is called to some type of ministry, whether as a full time thing or even just someone who does something voluntarily once in a while, who had the power of the Holy Spirit working in them. There is success and power and they know it comes from the Spirit because they know the positive results had nothing to do with their own wisdom or planning. But after a while they start to forget it's the power of the Spirit working through them and start to think they are doing it. Without realizing it they rely less and less on God's Spirit and more and more on their own wisdom. After a while their "ministry" becomes just a powerless, discouraging shell of what God had in mind, and they don't know why. It's sad to watch that happen to people after the novelty wears off.
Coming directly from the stage to Salvation, that is the number one thing I feared. Growing up in SE Texas I grew with a group of very talented people of whom I and one other had moderate success and I have one cousin that became filthy rich in the Entertainment Industry. All the others and the one friend that preceded my moderate success burnt themselves out and with that failed the course.

I was offered my contract, just as the Holy Spirit was having His way in my life and for Christ, I turned down what I had lusted for for over 25 years. I have former, local, Christian Music Stars that are friends that, like myself, lean on God and have great but little known ministries. Jesus has used each of us in many faceted ways because we surrendered and lean only on Him and it breaks this one's heart to see folks fail because of pride.

This sounds like debating.
I don't think we're suppose to debate in this forum.
I started this thread with hopes of sharing this "Holy Spirit" experience with others.
It has been derailed.
I suggest now it be moved to another forum.
No matter where this thread goes I'm not going to debate with this one, like you I find the reason for this thread, a good thing.

Please use this statement above as bible study to show Christians how Satan will come through others and try or steal the word of God. The scriptures teaches us that Jesus cast out over 2,000 demons in one man. This man became a testimony for Jesus to tell others about His goodness and His mercy (Mark 5:1-20 NLT). This man did not have the Holy Spirit in him. Stop putting Jesus in a box! He is Lord Jesus Christ who can do anything to use Christians with or without the Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:16-21 NLT tells us; 16 So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now! 17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 18 And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. 19 For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. 20 So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” 21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin,[e] so that we could be made right with God through Christ.

As you have read, all Christians with or without being filled with the Holy Spirit have received this free gift.

Please use this scripture as a Bible Study, to show the Truth of God's Word.

1 And it happened, while Apollos was at Corinth, that Paul, having passed through the upper regions, came to Ephesus. And finding some disciples 2 he said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" So they said to him, "We have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit." 3 And he said to them, "Into what then were you baptized?" So they said, "Into John's baptism." 4 Then Paul said, "John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe on Him who would come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus." 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 And when Paul had laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied. 7 Now the men were about twelve in all.

"Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?"

Yes or No?

JLB

iLove: Please use this statement above as bible study to show Christians how Satan will come through others and try or steal the word of God. The scriptures teaches us that Jesus cast out over 2,000 demons in one man. This man became a testimony for Jesus to tell others about His goodness and His mercy (Mark 5:1-20 NLT). This man did not have the Holy Spirit in him. Stop putting Jesus in a box! He is Lord Jesus Christ who can do anything to use Christians with or without the Holy Spirit.

I think you may have took him the wrong way. The indwelling of the Holy Spirit which we need in order to do anything for the Lord is upon the believer and not upon the one receiving the healing. Jesus was certainly indwelled. The man who had the demons cast out didn't have to have the indwelling to receive the blessing.

Mark 16:17-18
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover./(KJV)

There's no addendum saying that those being healed have to be indwelt! There's your scripture sir. :)

I went to a church which practiced speaking in tongues for a couple of weeks: Sun morn and eve and Wed nights. I was saved and on fire for the Lord. I was non-denominational in practice and not "indoctinated" into any denominational frame of mind. I was open minded to what the Lord had to teach me. I was welcomed and sat with a very nice family and went home with them for dinner after church. Unfortunately, after experiencing what I had for those weeks and comparing with God's Word I chose to move on and try other churches out. Why? Because:

1) Many stood up and spoke in tongues WITHOUT interpetation (vain bablings) 1 Corin 14:28, I belive,
2) These outbursts totally interrupted the pastor's sermon and confounded me and destroyed just about any cognative/comprehensive benefits of the worship service,
3) Near the end of the service there was a mobbing of everyone rushing forward in a massive experiential and emotional outburst of hugging and kissing.

I am not negating the gift or debating it. I am only saying that the eviroment where it is found is not agreeable to the kind of worship and fellowship I seek. And the amazing fact of the story is that people were massing to that kind of confusion, experiential and emotional experience. That specific church in a couple of years had to move to the edges of Lansing, MI and grew exponentially. I think that everyone of us true believers worships God in a different way including within our own groups, to some degree. Hence God's counsel through Paul in Ro 14:1-Ro 15:13. What I found confusing and too emotional and experiential may be very clear and comfortable to another Christian. And that is great as long as we both are focused on Christ and His Glory and Honor. Let God judge.

Back