Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Barak or Baraq

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi TheWordIsOne

Ok. I'm always interested in looking into the various considerations of 'how' exactly the end times and last days will unfold. Ishmael is the father of the Arab nations. That's made pretty clear when God describes Ishmael's progeny and how they will live. That God also promised Abraham that Ishmael would also be the father of many nations has been fulfilled. He was, and they are constantly bickering and fighting among themselves. Another of God's prophetic warnings.

However, I think you're waaaaaaay off track with this proposal that you seem to want to make, that Pres. Obama is somehow the Antichrist or some way involved with all of that. The person of Barack Obama doesn't meet any of the criteria that God has explained to us concerning that person. So, other than his father came from the African continent, and was a practicing Muslim himself, you really have nothing to support your argument against that specific person.

God bless,
Ted
Daniel 9:22-27 focuses on verses 24, 26, and 27 to interpret what the Lord is saying

Hi TheWordIsOne

Yes the prophecy of the 70 sevens given unto Daniel by God's messenger is one of my favorite studies. What exactly in all of that has application to what you wrote in your OP?

God bless,
Ted

Hi TheWordIsOne

Yes the prophecy of the 70 sevens given unto Daniel by God's messenger is one of my favorite studies. What exactly in all of that has application to what you wrote in your OP?

God bless,
Ted
greetings
you see so you have something in common, but I'm asking about the interpretation of Daniel 9: 22-27
what is your opinion 😊

Hi TheWordIsOne

Well, the account starts by telling us that Gabriel visited Daniel and spoke to him of things that were going to be happening in the future. He was praying diligently in his room, as was his custom, and Gabriel stood with him and told him that God had sent him to give him insight and understanding of these coming events of the world's unfolding future.

He tells Daniel that 70 sevens are going to unfold. However the most amazing working out of the explanation, in my mind, is that the clock wasn't going to start running on those 70 sevens until some event happened for which no one could have possibly known 'when' it was going to happen. Or even if it would happen. He then tells Daniel that there are a few loose ends that the Jews (his people) need to tie up, and they do.

Gabriel then explains to Daniel that the 70 sevens will be broken down into smaller pieces. First will be 7 sevens, then 62 sevens. Of course that's only 69 of the sevens. But at the end of the first seven, the city is rebuilt. As the prophecy foretells, the account of the rebuilding of the wall explains several trials and troubles that were had during the rebuilding of the city wall. At the end of the next group of sevens, the sixty-two sevens, Messiah was here. It is believed that exact date is the date that he rode into Jerusalem on a donkey, and then a few days later he was crucified.

After the end of the 62 sevens, which now ends the 69 sevens spoken of, Gabriel goes on to tell Daniel of some events that will be taken place as time continues to march forward. There will be war and desolation upon the earth. The ruler of the people to come, possibly the children of Ishmael, will set up a ' abomination that causes desolation at the temple site'. Very possibly the temple known as the 'Done of the Rock' which is an abomination of another god sitting right on the holy and sacred ground of God's temple. And Gabriel tells him that it will stand there until the time of the end, when all that has been decreed will be poured out.

The only still unclear part for me, is Gabriel's explanation that: He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering.

It could be Jesus, in some respects. However, the pronoun 'he' comes right after the discussion of the 'ruler who will come'. Confirming a covenant with many for one seven is troubling in that regard. Jesus didn't make it through 7 years of preaching, as far as we see from the Scriptures. Confirming the covenant could be Jesus' crucfixtion, but then that leaves us to wonder what happened to the other half of the seven?

So, I'm happy to look over what you've got on this matter, but you can leave the word study for disparaging names for another time.

God bless,
Ted

Barack, also spelled Barak or Baraq, is a given name of Arabic origin.
From the Semitic root B-R-K, it means "blessed" and is most commonly used in its feminine form Baraka(h).
The Semitic root B-R-K has the original meaning of "to kneel down", with a secondary meaning "to bless".

Obama is a common Fang surname in western Central Africa. Obama is a common Luo surname. It means "to lean", "to bend", "bent over", or "limping". Obama, also translated as Ohama or Kohama, (小浜 or 小濱) is a Japanese surname literally meaning "little beach" or "little island".

Barak means Lighting: Hebrew meaning This comes from Barak,

And He said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
greetings
new intonation

John 8: 32
7371259-1920x1080-2500.png

this means Obama needs President Biden to continue becoming President so that Obama's agenda, too continue.
he is moving his chess piece

Hey All,

"The only still unclear part for me, is Gabriel's explanation that: He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering." Quote from Miamited

I believe this is referring to the middle of the tribulation period. The antichrist put and end to sacrifice to God and demand all people to worship him.

Revelation 13:4-9 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
If any man have an ear, let him hear.

42 months equals 3 1/2 years. So this may be to whom Daniel's passage is referring. It sure seems to fit.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hi Josef

Right, but isn't it true that that Jesus' death put an end to sacrifice?

God bless,
Ted
greetings
please stick to the subject, unless some of you are dull of hearing

but in any case

For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.
For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins.
But in those sacrifices, there is a reminder of sins every year.
For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.
Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:
"Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, But a body You have prepared for Me.
In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin, You had no pleasure.
Then I said, 'Behold, I have come-- In the volume of the book it is written of Me-- To do Your will, O God.' "
Previously saying,
"Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them" (which are offered according to the law), then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first so that He may establish the second.

By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once and for all.
And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.

But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.
For by one offering, He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.
But
the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,
"This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,"
then He adds, "Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more."

Heb 10:1-17 (NKJV)
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:1-2 (NKJV)

For You (Lord) do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart-- These, O God, You will not despise.

Psalms 51:16-17 (NKJV)

Hi TheWordIsOne

Did Jesus put an end to the old covenant system of sacrifice for sin or not?

You are free to obfuscate and deflect all you like. But Jesus did put an end to the sacrificial system that God imposed on the Israelites. According to the Scrptures, he is the final sacrifice and there is no other that will accomplish the task. It's in the Scriptures.

God bless,
Ted

Hi TheWordIsOne

Did Jesus put an end to the old covenant system of sacrifice for sin or not?

You are free to obfuscate and deflect all you like. But Jesus did put an end to the sacrificial system that God imposed on the Israelites. According to the Scrptures, he is the final sacrifice and there is no other that will accomplish the task. It's in the Scriptures.

God bless,
Ted
Read careful
maxresdefault-1373725774.jpg

if you 3D Gasses, it will make see the Light

The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
Which
was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Heb 9:8-9 (KJV)

And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for all sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God;
From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

For by one offering, he hath perfected forever them that are sanctified.
Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin
Heb 10:11-18 (KJV)

Back