Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Being Sexy

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

What is sexy to one is not to another.... Some guy all deck out in a fancy suit who cares.... A guy out working something like spliting wood...that is a different story.. well used to be any way.....
All agreed - well, apart from the 'guy' bit and the 'wood splitting' bit ;).

I do believe a person is wrong to dress/undress wanting to cause public lust.... but what is lust to one may not be to another....
I may just be raising a semantic issue here but LUST is a whole new subject to my mind. LUST is generally an unhealthy thing both for you and for those around you. It is almost synonymous with loss of control or obsession. Not just sexual lust but lust for power, lust for an object, lust for fame etc. LUST is dangerous, arousal is nice.

Genesis makes it very clear that God's original plane was for a naked humanity. And you are right GOD did NOT tell them to cover up.

There are societies in the world that are largely naked - and it is my understanding that they suffer less from things like rape than 'we' do.

We are living life upside down, in many ways.

That may have been the original plan, but sin was also not part of that plan as well. Adam and Eve were naked before sin, but after sinning, they were instantly ashamed and covered up. This was the closest time differential between no sin and sin and how that affects people's views of themselves naked. Both were ashamed of it, so I take that as it was not really meant to be endorsed in a world now full of sin.

I mean what are reasons for people being naked in public? I'd say you could boil it down to two reasons: either they want others to look at them in an effort to show off, or they are prideful enough to show off their bodies in public. The human body naked may be beautiful, but the reasoning behind that naked body being naked makes the difference.

Classik I am guessing this has become a serious issue for you. Are the girls you flirt with calling you evil for how you were born looking? It's a curse man hang in there.

Classik I am guessing this has become a serious issue for you. Are the girls you flirt with calling you evil for how you were born looking? It's a curse man hang in there.

If he looks anything like his sister, the way he described her, he will have to run away from the girls like Joseph ran from Potiphar's wife :D

Classik
A woman can be gorgeous, dress attractively to look beautiful and there is nothing wrong with that if she has no motive to be sexy toward someone. She will still look beautiful no matter what she wears even if it fits correctly, not tight or provocative. The lust would be in the heart of the beholder. But to just see that she is beautiful is not wrong. You have to stop it right there though, so it doesn't turn to lustful imaginations.

1 Corinthians 10:4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds
<sup class="versenum">5 </sup>Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ

2 Timothy 2:22Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.

:lolI keep wondering why the Angels came down here...looking for our women.

If he looks anything like his sister, the way he described her, he will have to run away from the girls like Joseph ran from Potiphar's wife
hahahaha. Would there ever be another 'running Joseph' in our world today?

hahahaha. Would there ever be another 'running Joseph' in our world today?
well I would hope there would be at least some Christain men strong enough to run from a woman who is trying to seduce him :lol If they weren't then there would be alot of unfaithful husbands!

Alright. Just that such a 'joseph' in our world today would be called 'big fool'.
Yes. But those that love God care more about what He thinks than what the world says about him. Jesus is our Lord. We can't be a men pleasers and a God pleaser at the same time, since they are opposites.

Back