Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Bible characters living for hundreds of years

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm just offering commentary that I see it to be pointless, and monumentally DUMB.

That's because you believe that everyone is dumb that believes in God. I hope you get compensation for debating people you preconceive as dumb. Just because all the subjects you debate with them you consider dumb as well. Even though we take it seriously. It is the reason you put DUMB in caps, correct? You wanted to make sure we understood we are all dumb.

I think it's humorous to see such DUMB commentary coming from such a well educated scietific person.

ikester7579 said:
I'm just offering commentary that I see it to be pointless, and monumentally DUMB.

That's because you believe that everyone is dumb that believes in God.
I have never made any such assertion. So, this appears to be another demonstration of your occult, supernatural abilities to "read what goes on in the minds of atheist & evolutionist"??? :biggrin try again.

ikester7579 said:
I hope you get compensation for debating people you precieve as dumb.
OOPS!!!!....... Compensated.....like you are??? That was'nt a slip-up was it???

No. I'm totally a "free agent". :biggrin

ikester7579 said:
Just because all the subjects you debate with them you consider dumb as well.
Interesting, but what subjects, specifically do I consider "dumb" or have expressed this myself???
ikester7579 said:
Even though we take it seriously.
Yikes!! - "WE" meaning the church or non-profit organization you're affiliated with, who compensate you??

I support my own ministry. I recieve no compensation. And if you think I do, I'd like to see you prove it.

Anyway, it now seems you have made every debate totally personal. And no debate can go on with you with out it reaching to this level. So like I said before, when it gets to this level. You will go on my ignore list.

And now you have.

I believe to understand how people lived so long you have to remember alot of things. Before the flood the world was considered more mist like with stronger oxygen levels. Air was just better to breath. Back then people didn't eat what God told them not to eat, like no pigs and birds. They ate way healthier then we do. They were doing Gods work, and God controls the air you breath and they lived till there work was completed. The bible mentions that those that take care of there parents live long lives too. Another things is lenth of a year. Back then a year was more likely 7 months in a year not 12 like today. Roman men have added months named after them. August, July, Oct. Augusta, Julies Ceaser etc. So take 900 years old and multiple it against 7/12. 525 years old. So yes If the bible says it then I believe it.

Go take care of your parents and eat what the bible says to eat, herbs and fish. and see how long you live.

I believe to understand how people lived so long you have to remember alot of things. Before the flood the world was considered more mist like with stronger oxygen levels. Air was just better to breath. Back then people didn't eat what God told them not to eat, like no pigs and birds. They ate way healthier then we do. They were doing Gods work, and God controls the air you breath and they lived till there work was completed. The bible mentions that those that take care of there parents live long lives too.
And their telomeres still would have broken down after the same number of cell divisions as it happens nowadays, establishing an upper limit at about 130 years. Better air and so on doesn't help there.

Back then a year was more likely 7 months in a year not 12 like today. Roman men have added months named after them. August, July, Oct. Augusta, Julies Ceaser etc. So take 900 years old and multiple it against 7/12. 525 years old. So yes If the bible says it then I believe it.
Pure speculation. Moreover, the romans merely renamed extant months, Quintilis and Sextilis. The October actually still has its original name.
And why would a year refer to anything but a revolution of the earth around the sun?

caseypayne1980 said:
Go take care of your parents and eat what the bible says to eat, herbs and fish. and see how long you live.

Casey, I wish it were that easy. Okay, herbs and fish I can do.
The parent thingy?
I was raised by step-parents. They are both witches. Do you know what Scripture says to do about witches?
My biological father is a rapist. You know what Scripture says to do about those people?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back