Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Blue! En guarde

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Why would you call it lack of knowledge, im just ribbing you.
Really i'm just kidding with you because I saw you zeroing in on blue, I really didnt expect you to get all huffy. You can dish it but cant take it ay?

Don't be an officious vogon, droop. Either way I haven't heard much of a response. Not a thing, bugger all.
I think I'll PM Blue to get this thing started or get it aborted.

I think blue has clearly shown that she is incapable of doing what is requested of her in the original post. It is simply not the way she debates.

Thats why this isn't a good idea. Someone with a certain style of debate, who is then requested to follow another persons style, would have no reason to want to debate.

This was a funny topic.

Droop, bugger off. What did I say about being a vogon.

I wanted blue to actually form a coherent thought for once, though it seems that, and you appear to have been insisting this for her, that she cannot.

If I may, Sir Vorlon, be a vogon, but once more....

I'm not saying anything for her, but what I'm saying is that with bashing her in this thread, it is unsurprising that she didn't respond. Besides, you did lay out your own rules.....

Who's bashing her?
I simply wanted some sort of response be it a yes or a no.

My rules were clear cut, simple and logical in a civil debate such as what I was attempting to conduct. Were my rules too demanding? Is an argument so hard to synthesize?
Seriously featherbop/droopfeather/whatever your alias is this week, leave the matter be and let her respond.

Don't you get it? (At least from what I can tell) She isn't responding because you are "forcing"(if I may loosely use that term) your rules and conditions on her, and also, you are making it appear that she is "getting under your skin".

Why do you think I think this topic is so funny? :lol:

:biggrin when can you prove that evolution is a fact and that there is no God?
Have you not read any books by scientists who don't believe in evolution?
If not,how can you be prepared to debate with anyone on this subject?

blueeyeliner said:
:biggrin when can you prove that evolution is a fact
Evolution if it is defined as "the change in frequency of alleles" is a fact. And, as it turns out, that is all you need for the diversity of species we see today.

and that there is no God?
God has nothing to do with evolution. Evolution has absolutely nothing to say about God, on whether He exists or not. Evolution doesn't say a single thing about God.

Have you not read any books by scientists who don't believe in evolution? If not,how can you be prepared to debate with anyone on this subject?
If you have something to say, then say it. Don't point to some book and claim "It's all in there! You just gotta read it!" We are not responsible for convincing ourselves of your position; that is your job. So do your homework and bring some points.

Lastly, do you accept the terms of the debate? They are very fair and most will agree that they lead to honest results.

[Lastly, do you accept the terms of the debate? They are very fair and most will agree that they lead to honest results.[/quote]

:Fade-color There is nothing to debate!
You must be educated in the other persons views. Try giving it a honest attempt. The christian scientists who are against evolution have a great side to this whole issue.
Also,if you cannot prove it,why quote from other sources as if they are God?
This is not a debate until both sides are educated in the views of the other person.
evolution is an ancient pagan religious belief,and there are many who say they are christians who believe it. I don't,and that is my right.
evolution is a religious view,so why do atheists believe in it?

blueeyeliner said:
evolution is an ancient pagan religious belief,and there are many who say they are christians who believe it. I don't,and that is my right.
Tell me when ancient pagans started to worship religion? Around what year and what civilization was that?

Evolution is sceince and not religion. Do you refer to the "religion of gravity" or "religion of quantum mechanics"? Why does this one sceince get called a religion? It is not dogmatic and is based on very solid observations and logic.

Quath

blueeyeliner said:
:Fade-color There is nothing to debate!
You must be educated in the other persons views. Try giving it a honest attempt. The christian scientists who are against evolution have a great side to this whole issue.
Also,if you cannot prove it,why quote from other sources as if they are God?
This is not a debate until both sides are educated in the views of the other person.
So I guess that's an equivocating "no."

There most certainly is a debate and since you're posting here, let's continue ours. Shall we?
blueeyeliner said:
SyntaxVorlon said:
blueeyeliner said:
SyntaxVorlon said:
blueeyeliner said:
[quote="SyntaxVorlon":c681b]*cough*
http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9170
It's name is Blue! En Guarde, I thought that would pique your interest.

:Fade-color

Well,Syntax can you prove that there are no christian scientists that reject evolution? :Fade-color
Unless they reject evolution purely on scientific terms that a muslim, hindi, atheist or jedi scientist would come to the same rejection, that isn't an argument.

:B-fly: If you have not read any books by christian scientists who reject

the idea of evolution,what makes you think you are educated enough for

a debate such as this?

:B-fly: And I am asking you to study both sides of this issue first,and study very good!
You cannot debate anything without being aware of both sides of the issues on an educated level. That we be just down right silly!

Irrelevant, I am not asking you to recommend books. I am asking you to synthesize an argument from their conclusions and evidence. It doesn't matter whether or not I've read other people's material, to have a debate it must be my evidence against your own and your evidence against mine.

Most scientists I know accept evolution as the cause of specization, almost as many posit Natural Selection as the method by which it occurs. Because evolution occurs and has been observed to occur, the only path I can see you taking here is to show Natural selection to be nonexistant. Though, by my nature, I may be wrong and you could take the argument in another direction entirely. Surprise me.
[/quote:c681b]

:Fade-color well,I am very tired of the evolution debate for the time being,but I might come back to it again at a later date.
I hope you will look at it from the other side a bit more deeply.
I am flattered that you want me to debate you but I really need a break from this topic.
Did you say you were an atheist,or not?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back