Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Blue! En guarde

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
We could always kick off the old 'atheist morality' argument. That one's always good.

victorhadin said:
We could always kick off the old 'atheist morality' argument. That one's always good.

:B-fly: Well......,O.k.,you talked me into it.

BenjaminTC said:
This is not a debate until both sides are educated in the views of the other person.

[quote:0d6c0]evolution is an ancient pagan religious belief

evolution is a religious view,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! GOLDEN! IRONY AT ITS FINEST!

Blue, you are a joke.[/quote:0d6c0]

:biggrin I don't think so!

blueeyeliner said:
BenjaminTC said:
Blue, you are a joke.

:B-fly: did you say you wanted a joke?
http://tccsa.tc/archives/cartoons/believe.html

OK Blue. I'm going to do the educating for once. :wink:

Religion defined:

religion (as in "belief") n. : a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny; "he lost his faith but not his morality"

religion (as in "institution") n. : institution to express belief in a divine power; "he was raised in the Baptist religion"; "a member of his own faith contradicted him"

Now can you please explain to me how the Evolution theory constitutes as a religion? (Without posting masses of links to various websites or tacky jokes written by undereducated cretins.)

Heathen said:
blueeyeliner said:
BenjaminTC said:
Blue, you are a joke.

:B-fly: did you say you wanted a joke?
http://tccsa.tc/archives/cartoons/believe.html

OK Blue. I'm going to do the educating for once. :wink:

Religion defined:

religion (as in "belief") n. : a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny; "he lost his faith but not his morality"

religion (as in "institution") n. : institution to express belief in a divine power; "he was raised in the Baptist religion"; "a member of his own faith contradicted him"

Now can you please explain to me how the Evolution theory constitutes as a religion? (Without posting masses of links to various websites or tacky jokes written by undereducated cretins.)

:biggrin We could say the same about you,but I'd rather not go into that
right now. I said,Evolution was started by ancient people who used it
in their ancient religions. Sure,people take what they want out of every
thing now,but it got it's start in religion and it's no wonder it's still in
religions today.

Really? Statistical study of biology, the diversity of life, and frequency of traits existing withing population groups date back to ancient societies? You're funny blue, only because you are at once so sincere and so utterly utterly absurd in virtually everything you say. :lol:

SyntaxVorlon said:
Really? Statistical study of biology, the diversity of life, and frequency of traits existing withing population groups date back to ancient societies? You're funny blue, only because you are at once so sincere and so utterly utterly absurd in virtually everything you say. :lol:

:tongueainting: Was that a compliment and an insult?
Soooooo cool how you do that!

blueeyeliner said:
:biggrin We could say the same about you,but I'd rather not go into tha tright now. I said,Evolution was started by ancient people who used it in their ancient religions. Sure,people take what they want out of every thing now,but it got it's start in religion and it's no wonder it's still in religions today.

Evolution Theory dates less than 300 years back; at least the kind on evolution that is discussed in science. If you want to make up your own definition of evolution, it's fine, but then you cannot debate about it, since it is made up.

Also, I'd like to point out that the Israelites that wrote the Bible, guided by the hand of God or not, WERE an ancient people with an ancient religion, who were into a Historical context in which other peoples with similar religions existed. But, for some unexplainable reason, one's tales are considered THE TRUTH, and the other one's are just mythology.

By the way, where is Blueeyeliner? I kind of miss her speech.

blueeyeliner said:
SyntaxVorlon said:

I'm saying that I find the irrelevance of all that you've written on this board is funny.

[quote="8000 rads
Evolution Theory dates less than 300 years back; at least the kind on evolution that is discussed in science. If you want to make up your own definition of evolution, it's fine, but then you cannot debate about it, since it is made up.

Also, I'd like to point out that the Israelites that wrote the Bible, guided by the hand of God or not, WERE an ancient people with an ancient religion, who were into a Historical context in which other peoples with similar religions existed. But, for some unexplainable reason, one's tales are considered THE TRUTH, and the other one's are just mythology.

8-) What you call a myth has a great many witnesses,and what you call
the truth has none.It wouldn't take much to convince me that you also
have great faith in Harry Potter. If I say Harry Potter is a fairytale and
you say it's not,oh' well.
You believe in something no one ever see's or witnesses,yet the ancient
words of the Holy Bible has always had witnesses even now.
your religion is more invisible than you claim God is.
Why is that?

SyntaxVorlon said:
blueeyeliner said:
SyntaxVorlon said:

I'm saying that I find the irrelevance of all that you've written on this board is funny.

:wink: hmmmmm........... nice touch. You bust out with an insult when
you lose the fight.

hmmmmm........... nice touch. You bust out with an insult when
you lose the fight.

Good thing you never make assumptions about others' character or use ad hominem attacks in the place of debate, right?

blueeyeliner said:
SyntaxVorlon said:
blueeyeliner said:
SyntaxVorlon said:

:wink: hmmmmm........... nice touch. You bust out with an insult when
you lose the fight.
Since you have yet to cite specifically which religion the Theory of Evolution by natural selection was a major part of in the distant past, the fight has yet to end and your lack of relevance continues unabated.

Now state your reasons for making such an outlandish claim, or concede your argument so I can use a funny picture to make you look silly.

Too late.

NeedaConcession.jpg

SyntaxVorlon said:
Too late.

NeedaConcession.jpg

You know what's really scary? She says she's a teacher! I've asked her several times what she teaches and she never responds. I think we can assume that it isn't English composition, but, oh my god, what if it is?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back