Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Call No Man Father

Because one IS saved by faith in the Lord Jesus there is nothing needed to be added.
Greatest commandment

Deut 6:5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Ez 36:25-27

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Faith hope and charity are inseparable!

1 cor 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

The fire is the Love of God!

Fire of divine love!
Required for salvation 1 cor 13:2

2 Peter 1:5
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

Faith alone? Nope
Faith alone is fundamentalist tradition of men

ALL infants go to heaven as well as the mentally infirmed as their ability to understnad sin is not there.
Where is this remember its your standard “must be spelled out in scripture”!

Where is this remember its your standard “must be spelled out in scripture”!
WHY?

You do not accept the Scriptures as the authority of truth, so why do you need to read that statement in the Scriptures?????

INCONSISTANT position!

Where in the Scriptures do they say that Mary is sinless and a perpetual virgin.
Where in the Scriptures is the word Purgatory?

Greatest commandment

Deut 6:5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Ez 36:25-27

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Faith hope and charity are inseparable!

1 cor 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

The fire is the Love of God!

Fire of divine love!
Required for salvation 1 cor 13:2

2 Peter 1:5
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

Faith alone? Nope
Faith alone is fundamentalist tradition of men
That is shallow thinking.

Actually, Christian faith in action is love realized. Similarly, Christian faith is teleological; it will not find its consummation until it reaches its object, God’s Truth, and its ultimate goal, eternal life. This teleological aspect of the Christian faith — that is, the idea that faith is ordered to some end or goal — makes it intricately connected with hope.

FAITH ALONE is the truth of the Word of God and YES, it is not only fundament it is also simple to understand.

Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV​

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Romans 3:28 ESV​

For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Romans 5:1 ESV​

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

John 3:16 ESV​

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."​

Galatians 2:20 ESV​

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Romans 4:5 ESV​

And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Romans 1:17 ESV​

For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

Romans 11:6 ESVl​

But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

Romans 4:3 ESV​

For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.”

Romans 10:17 ESV​

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

We are justified--SAVED--- by God by grace through alone; on the basis of Christ’s blood and righteousness alone; through the means, or instrument, of faith alone; for the ultimate glory of God alone; as taught with final and decisive authority in Scripture alone.

Please understand that I am not trying to reform YOU or change YOU. I am actually speaking beyound YOU to those who read what we are saying so that THEY will know the truth and be correctly taught in the understanding of the Bible and not religious dogma.

So then, and since “Scripture alone” is my final and decisive authority, being faithful to Scripture is my goal.
I aim to be biblical first — and Protestant only if it follows from Scripture and I have not---do not- and will not allow ANY religious teaching to effect or change what God has said!

According to the tradition of men
Your Faith tradition
Your private judgement
Personal interpretation

Spiritual anarchy decides for oneself and believes whatever you want
I notice it is always the least for God
The saints on the other hand are all for God!
Spiritual "Anarchy" is considered to be the chaos that erupts at the lack of BIBLICAL.

When the authority of the Word of God is removed, or has been overruled or changed, anarchy results as people then become the victims of their own authority or opinions and desire.

We as sinners deserve the wrath of God!

However, God in His infinitive love and wisdom has desired to show His mercy to those who believe upon and accept Jesus as the Christ by faith.

Ephesians 2:1-2........
"And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:".
Matt 5:7
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Luke 7:47
Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

NOPE.

As a Catholic believer you are committed and believe in the seven sacraments, which include .......
baptism, confirmation, Eucharist, penance, anointing of the sick, holy orders, and marriage.

Now, make NO mistake here, you are welcome to practice those things but please understand that NONE OF THEM ARE INCLUDED IN THE BIBLE AS NEEDED IN THE SALVATION EXPERIENCE!.
What good is scripture if you cint believe what is says?

Jn 3:5 CANNOT enter the kingdom without baptism

The whole context is baptism
Jn 1 baptism
Jn 2 baptism
Jn 3 baptism
Jn 4 baptism

No sir. NOT ONE SINGLE SCRIPTURE SAYS "INFANT BAPTISM".

Please make sure you print this out and tape to your computer screen....................
There is no record of a baby being baptized in the New Testament.!!!!

Take time to explain how Pouring or sprinkling, the method used in infant baptism, illustrates the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Baptism is required in scripture
Immersion is never required in scripture

Follow your own standard!

Immersion is not found in scripture!

Your children are found in scripture

Where did I say that?

Please take time to "copy and paste" my words where that is stated by me.

Why.....why do you continue to say things that are not said by those who do not agree with you????
Do you realize that what you are doing by saying those things is actually LIEING!
#858 i posted a list of New Testament verse you saud there not in the Bible

Spiritual "Anarchy" is considered to be the chaos that erupts at the lack of BIBLICAL.

When the authority of the Word of God is removed, or has been overruled or changed, anarchy results as people then become the victims of their own authority or opinions and desire.
God’s word tefers to and supports the authority of the apostles

God’s word tefers to and supports the authority of the apostles
Yes it does..........while they were alive. However when John died that ended the authority o fthe Apostles and there are NO apostles today.

There are NO Scriptures which indicate Apostolic succession! NONE---ZERO!

Baptism is required in scripture
Immersion is never required in scripture

Follow your own standard!

Immersion is not found in scripture!

Your children are found in scripture
No sir it is not! There is NO Scripture that demands baptism as part of salvation!

There is NO Bible record of anyone being sprinkled! NONE-ZERO!

Personally, I have no problem with affusion (that is, pouring), and aspersion (sprinkling) in certain cases, but those are very rare. The example would be a death bed confession where the patient is physically unable to be immersed.

Just for your education...........The word baptizo in Greek, is translated “baptize” in the New Testaments and it literally means to “dip” or “immerse."

THIRD time............there is NO/NONE/ZERO record of any infants being baptized in the New Test.

What good is scripture if you cint believe what is says?

Jn 3:5 CANNOT enter the kingdom without baptism

The whole context is baptism
Jn 1 baptism
Jn 2 baptism
Jn 3 baptism
Jn 4 baptism
WHY would any Scripture posted mean anything to you?????? YOU have rejected most all of them and only cherry pick ones that you mistakenly misapply!

John 3:5 records Jesus saying,...........
"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."

As I have explained that to you several times, the water there is referring to the 1st birth of a man, the physical. Since you have posted it again can only mean that YOU once again have rejected that explination.

I have NO earthly idea what........
Jn 1 baptism
Jn 2 baptism
Jn 3 baptism
Jn 4 baptism.......Means!

Matt 5:7
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Luke 7:47
Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
Excellnt Scriptures and I follow each one of them...however they mean nothing to your opinions.

That my friend is the teaching of the Pentacostal religion.
It is also a teaching from God.
Just as fig seeds can NEVER bear grapes, neither can God's seed bear liars, thieves, or adulterers.
I do believe in 1 John 3:9.
I have actually read and understand the original Greek in that verse where I posted it for you, WHY dont YOU accept the literal original grammar and understanding of....."Practice known sin".
So you believe that God's seed won't make a habit of bearing liars, thieves, or adulterers.
Do you realize how that sounds ?
Instead of this back and forth, why dont you admitt that you do not believe what God said in Romans 7:14–24; and 1 John 1:8.
I believe both.
You seem to be unaware that much of Rom 7 is the narrative of Paul' s past while still trying unsuccessfully to serve God according to the Law.
His reference to the past in verse 5 is the basis of that which followed. "For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death."
And, Rom 7:23 is answered by Rom 8:2.
And, Rom 7:24 was answered in Rom 6:6.

1 John 1:8, along with verses 6 and 10, address those walking in darkness-sin.
Sinners are the ones who cannot say they have no sins, that they know God, or that they have fellowship with God.
You are being deceived! You are living in deception!
Wrong.
I have escaped the deceptions of those foisting off Christianity as the body of Christ and full of sin.
Romans 3:23...."all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" was written by YOUR Apostle, Paul who says that among all people he was the chief sinner!
It was cited by Paul in order to show the Jews that just because they had the Law, it didn't fulfill their need for a Savior.
The Jews were no better off than the Gentiles !
It actually boggles my mind that anyone would be so deluded to think that they do not sin while living in a body corrupted by sin from birth.
My body is at the beck and call of my new mind.
It can't do anything without my prior authorization. (Excluding autonomous things like sneezing, blinking, coughing, etc)
My body has been destroyed, (Rom 6:6, Gal 5:24) and I have been raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:4)
I am a new creature, and no longer of Adam's seed.
Now, I agree that Giving in to sin is no longer normal for the child of God, and the rest of 1 John 3:9 gives the reason: “No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.”
That refutes your previous sentences.
Which is true for you ?
Does the seed of God bear sinners, or not ?
It is also true that A genuine Christian has God’s “seed” and will not “deliberately, knowingly, and habitually” sin.
Thy won't sin at all.
However, that is a long way from then saying......."I do not sin!"
I must ask then, what was it you repented of, if not sin ?
It is written..."For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death." (2 Cor 7:10)
I also agree with you in that you are No longer a slave to sin, and believers are continually transformed into the image of Christ.
Your POV seems to be that they will never arrive at that transformation.
I wish you would reconsider.
BUT......sin still impacts believers, but whoever is born of God does not sin in that they do not knowingly, deliberately, or habitually sin. THAT IS THE KEY TO UNDERSTANDING!
Sin does indeed impact believers: but that sin is committed by the unbelieving, unrepentant, unregenerated, unreborn of God's seed, around them..

Back