Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Call No Man Father

Ho
A wonderful question. Of all the uncountable lists of human needs, none is greater than the need for God’s forgiveness. Many people erroneously think that their main need is to get more money. But the richest man in the world is truly poor if he does not know God’s forgiveness, and the poorest is rich if he is forgiven.

Some have been taught all their life that they must be baptised or belong to a certain church or partake of Communion or confess to a man.

However, accorsing to the Bible, the Word of God, To receive God’s forgiveness we must repent of our sins and obediently believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as our Saviour. No more and no less.

Salvation is a free gift, received by faith alone. But the faith that receives salvation implies a total commitment of the sinner to the person of Jesus Christ. He relies completely on Christ alone to save him.

Baptism is an outward act that pictures what God has done inwardly. To think that performing an outward act of going under the water could accomplish the inward cleansing from sin that was needed would have gone against everything that Jesus and John had preached.

By the way, there is simply no command or example in Scripture of baptizing infants.

You are welcome and thanks for asking.
How do we obtain mercy?

A wonderful question. Of all the uncountable lists of human needs, none is greater than the need for God’s forgiveness. Many people erroneously think that their main need is to get more money. But the richest man in the world is truly poor if he does not know God’s forgiveness, and the poorest is rich if he is forgiven.

Some have been taught all their life that they must be baptised or belong to a certain church or partake of Communion or confess to a man.

However, accorsing to the Bible, the Word of God, To receive God’s forgiveness we must repent of our sins and obediently believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as our Saviour. No more and no less.

Salvation is a free gift, received by faith alone. But the faith that receives salvation implies a total commitment of the sinner to the person of Jesus Christ. He relies completely on Christ alone to save him.

Baptism is an outward act that pictures what God has done inwardly. To think that performing an outward act of going under the water could accomplish the inward cleansing from sin that was needed would have gone against everything that Jesus and John had preached.

By the way, there is simply no command or example in Scripture of baptizing infants.

You are welcome and thanks for asking.
What happens to an infant that dies without christ or the grace of baptismal regeneration (justification)?

I agree because that is what God said. How can it be debated?????

The CONTEXT of This statement speaks to God's willingness to answer those who sincerely seek Him.

"ask" means a single request, "seek" refers to something more persistent, and "knock" implies deep persistence.

That would imply something to the effect of "ask, ask again, and keep asking." The Greek verbs here are in a form that implies constant action: Jesus is saying we ought to "continue to ask…seek…knock."

The heart of Jesus' point is that God is listening, paying attention to His people, and ready to give them good gifts. What a remarkable truth! The God of all creation cares so deeply about His children that He hears them when they pray. Even better: He answers. This also speaks to those with doubts and questions about faith. Those who lack faith, but pursue truth, will find it in Christ (Mark 9:24; John 14:6).

Since God is listening and loving, Jesus tells His listeners to ask, to seek, and to knock. When you ask, it will be given. When you seek, you will find. When you knock, the proper door will be opened. Jesus commands His followers to bring their requests, to look for answers, and ask to be let into God's presence. Instead of putting limits and conditions on these promises, Jesus is even more expansive in the following verse.

Jesus will continue, however, to clarify that these promises are not a means of manipulating God. Prayer is never presented in Scripture as a means to merely get our way, as if He were merely magic or a system for success. Instead, these verses are an invitation to interact with a generous Father who loves to hear the prayers of His people.

Thanks for asking.
If you were really saved you would not need anything!

1st John 3:9 says ........
" “whoever has been born of God does not sin” (NKJV)."

Do you know what John had previously warned believers of in 1 John 1:8......
"that anyone who claims to have no sin is lying".

Therefore, 1 John 3:9 cannot mean that whoever is born of God will be perfectly sinless. It means that whoever is born of God will no longer continue to sin willfully or habitually.

Those who are born again will desire to live for God, not for the flesh.

The NIV translates 1 John 3:9 this way: “No one who lives in him keeps on sinning.”

The Amplified Bible also brings out this meaning: “No one who is born of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin.”

I still have 10 years on you!

I like to use the Scriptures to teach the Word of God correctly to those who are not learned or knowingly ignorant of them.

You said.......
"All men are born with a conscience even before rebirth.
Men know what is a sin
."

Exactly why and what I posted for you. You just repeated what I said!!!!!

You said.............
I was reborn sinless.
Weren't you ?

I asked you once before and I will again.....Do you read and think about what you post before you post????

This statement right here validate your ignorance of the Bible. THis is why your theology is so messed up my friend. Again.........I apologize for such harsh words but my goodness......this is Bible 101.

I have children and teenagers in Sunday School who understand how wrong your comment is.

Allow me to properly teach you yet another Bible truth as seen IN THE SCRIPTURES........

Isaiah 53:6 (ESV)​

"All we like sheep have gone astray;we have turned — every one — to his own way;and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all."

Romans 7:14 (ESV)​

"For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin."

Romans 5:12 (ESV)​

"Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned —".

Proverbs 22:15 (ESV)​

"Folly is bound up in the heart of a child,but the rod of discipline drives it far from him."

Psalms 51:5 (ESV)​

"Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,and in sin did my mother conceive me."

Psalms 58:3 (ESV)​

"The wicked are estranged from the womb;they go astray from birth, speaking lies".

Before we were saved, “we were by nature deserving of wrath” (Ephesians 2:3). Note that we deserved God’s wrath not only because of our actions but because of our nature. That nature is what we inherited from Adam.

We are born sinners, and for that reason we are unable to do good in order to please God in our natural state, or the flesh: “Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God” (Romans 8:8). We were dead in our sins before Christ raised us to spiritual life (Ephesians 2:1). We lack any inherent spiritual good.

No one has to teach a child to lie; rather, we must go to great lengths to impress upon children the value of telling the truth. Toddlers are naturally selfish, with their innate, although faulty, understanding that everything is “mine.” Sinful behavior comes naturally for the little ones because they are born sinners.

Because we are born sinners, we must experience a second, spiritual birth. We are born once into Adam’s family and are sinners by nature. When we are born again, we are born into God’s family and are given the nature of Christ. We praise the Lord that “to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—children born not of natural descent . . . but born of God” (John 1:12–13).

Now.....You can read what God says and grow and learn or you can deny the Word of God and live in ignorance.

What you can not say is............"God, I did not know "!
Instead of all that, why didn't you just say you don't believe John in 1 John 3:9 ?
That means you also don't believe 1 John 1:7..."But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
Those in Christ don't commit sin.
There is no sin in Christ, so there can't be any sin on those in Christ either.

Randy......please be civil!

How in the world do you think you can shame me for me simply defending the clear, simple Word of God???
Why then do you think you need to warn me?????

I was called to preach the Word of God 50 years ago.

Acts 20:28–29 Paul said, ....
Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. . . . I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing them.”

You said..........
"Personally, calling a Catholic priest Father does not offend me nor do I believe it offends the head of the body of Christ."

Why do you think that I care about what offends YOU. You seem to be offended by what I say about what some people do that offends God by disobedience but then you say those actions do not offend you.

I guess that you have not read that the disobedience of the commands of God is sin!!!
This seems way out context preacher.
Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. . . . I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing them.”

I have no need nor desire to shame you. The Catholic church is a Christian church.

You deny apostolic succession then approve of overseers which are the bishops who govern the church till Christ returns
They're not chosen apostles and one in the faith can seek the position "If any man seeks to be an overseer" I also believe when Paul wrote that there was but a singular church not as we have in this day and age.

Peter wasn't replaced, "Let another take his place", was about Judas who betrayed the Lord. They failed to wait for a answer to their prayer. Paul was set aside at birth and that choice had already been made by God.

I believe in following the testimony that was already written down for future generations. Leaders should be faithfully adhering to that testimony not any other. They would be preaching from that text as reminder to all from the foundation that was already laid down through Christ and His 12. Apostolic teaching.

You already know protestants don't have a recognized Pope.

This seems way out context preacher.

I have no need nor desire to shame you. The Catholic church is a Christian church.
The Scripture quote IMHO was exactly the responce you questioned about speaking to those who do not accept the Bible as the Word of God.

Now, whether you or other choose to accept this fact, the fact remains ....Catholicism and Christianity are two of the most widely practiced religions in the world. While they share many similarities, they also have significant differences in their beliefs and practices.

One of the key differences if not THE key between Catholicism and Christianity is their approach to religious authority. Catholics believe in the authority of the Pope and the hierarchy of the Church, while many Protestant Christians reject this authority and instead rely on the Bible as their sole source of guidance.

I agree that the two have many things in common but One of the most significant differences between Catholicism and Christianity is the concept of salvation. Catholics believe that salvation is achieved through a combination of faith and good works, plus baptism and Purgatory which the Protestant church rejects becaus none of those things are in the Bible.

Ho

How do we obtain mercy?
We as sinners deserve the wrath of God!

However, God in His infinitive love and wisdom has desired to show His mercy to those who believe upon and accept Jesus as the Christ by faith.

Ephesians 2:1-2........
"And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:".

All the holy sacraments of grace instituted by christ for salvation are included in the Christian faith
NOPE.

As a Catholic believer you are committed and believe in the seven sacraments, which include .......
baptism, confirmation, Eucharist, penance, anointing of the sick, holy orders, and marriage.

Now, make NO mistake here, you are welcome to practice those things but please understand that NONE OF THEM ARE INCLUDED IN THE BIBLE AS NEEDED IN THE SALVATION EXPERIENCE!.

Infant baptism is found in scripture and the early church fathers

Acts 2:38-39 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Promise is to you’re children! Vs 39

This promise made in ez 36
A promise from God is a sacred oath, and a sacred oath is a sacrament!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Acts 16:15 entire household baptized! Does not say adults only or except infants!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness.

(It does not say adults only or except infants!)
(Scripture does not say anywhere “do not baptized infants”)

Baptism is the Christian initiation sacrament of the new covenant for all men. Matt 28:19 Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (It does not say except infants!) (but it does say “all”)!

Lk 1:10-11 all people including infants

Thee faith is required for adult baptism.
Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

If it’s not possible (as in the case of infants) it’s not required.

But the promise of the parents to raise and educate the child in the faith is required, then the child is confirmed in thee faith at the age of reason.

Repentance is required for adult baptism. Acts 2:38

If there is no personal sin to repent of (as in the case of infants) then it’s not required.

For two thousand years the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles has always baptized infants!

Acts 1:8
Witness of Augustine!

It is this one Spirit who makes it possible for an infant to be regenerated . . . when that INFANT is brought to baptism; and it is through this one Spirit that the infant so presented is reborn. For it is not written, "Unless a man be born again by the will of his parents" or "by the faith of those presenting him or ministering to him," but, "Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit." The water, therefore, manifesting exteriorly the sacrament of grace, and the Spirit effecting interiorly the benefit of grace, both regenerate in one Christ that man who was generated in Adam (Letters 98:2 [A.D. 408]).

“The sacrament of baptism is most assuredly the sacrament of regeneration” (ibid., 2:27:43).

“Baptism washes away all, absolutely all, our sins, whether of deed, word, or thought, whether sins original or added, whether knowingly or unknowingly contracted” (Against Two Letters of the Pelagians 3:3:5 [A.D. 420]).

“This is the meaning of the great sacrament of baptism, which is celebrated among us: all who attain to this grace die thereby to sin—as he himself [Jesus] is said to have died to sin because he died in the flesh (that is, ‘in the likeness of sin’)—and they are thereby alive by being reborn in the baptismal font, just as he rose again from the sepulcher. This is the case no matter what the age of the body. For whether it be a newborn infant or a decrepit old man—since no one should be barred from baptism—just so, there is no one who does not die to sin in baptism. Infants die to original sin only; adults, to all those sins which they have added, through their evil living, to the burden they brought with them at birth” (Handbook on Faith, Hope, and Love 13[41] [A.D. 421]).
No sir. NOT ONE SINGLE SCRIPTURE SAYS "INFANT BAPTISM".

Please make sure you print this out and tape to your computer screen....................
There is no record of a baby being baptized in the New Testament.!!!!

Take time to explain how Pouring or sprinkling, the method used in infant baptism, illustrates the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Now he says the New Testament scriptures are not the bible???
Where did I say that?

Please take time to "copy and paste" my words where that is stated by me.

Why.....why do you continue to say things that are not said by those who do not agree with you????
Do you realize that what you are doing by saying those things is actually LIEING!

Instead of all that, why didn't you just say you don't believe John in 1 John 3:9 ?
That means you also don't believe 1 John 1:7..."But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
Those in Christ don't commit sin.
There is no sin in Christ, so there can't be any sin on those in Christ either.
That my friend is the teaching of the Pentacostal religion.

I do believe in 1 John 3:9.

I have actually read and understand the original Greek in that verse where I posted it for you, WHY dont YOU accept the literal original grammar and understanding of....."Practice known sin".

Instead of this back and forth, why dont you admitt that you do not believe what God said in Romans 7:14–24; and 1 John 1:8.

You are being deceived! You are living in deception!

Romans 3:23...."all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" was written by YOUR Apostle, Paul who says that among all people he was the chief sinner!

It actually boggles my mind that anyone would be so deluded to think that they do not sin while living in a body corrupted by sin from birth.

Now, I agree that Giving in to sin is no longer normal for the child of God, and the rest of 1 John 3:9 gives the reason: “No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.”

It is also true that A genuine Christian has God’s “seed” and will not “deliberately, knowingly, and habitually” sin.

However, that is a long way from then saying......."I do not sin!"

I also agree with you in that you are No longer a slave to sin, and believers are continually transformed into the image of Christ.

BUT......sin still impacts believers, but whoever is born of God does not sin in that they do not knowingly, deliberately, or habitually sin. THAT IS THE KEY TO UNDERSTANDING!

They're not chosen apostles and one in the faith can seek the position "If any man seeks to be an overseer" I also believe when Paul wrote that there was but a singular church not as we have in this day and age.

Peter wasn't replaced, "Let another take his place", was about Judas who betrayed the Lord. They failed to wait for a answer to their prayer. Paul was set aside at birth and that choice had already been made by God.

I believe in following the testimony that was already written down for future generations. Leaders should be faithfully adhering to that testimony not any other. They would be preaching from that text as reminder to all from the foundation that was already laid down through Christ and His 12. Apostolic teaching.

You already know protestants don't have a recognized Pope.
Agreed.

I am not seeking Catholic teachings......That is correct!

As for truth, THat is found in the Word of God and the difference here between us is that YOU are rejecting the Word of God and I am accepting it.

God bless you my friend and I do pray that you will find the truth of the Word of God.
According to the tradition of men
Your Faith tradition
Your private judgement
Personal interpretation

Spiritual anarchy decides for oneself and believes whatever you want
I notice it is always the least for God
The saints on the other hand are all for God!

Back