Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Calvinism: A Denial of God's Judgments

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Again, that is the fallacy of equivocation. Each of those verses is speaking of the law of Moses, with two being specifically about justification "by works of the law." As I said, no one is arguing to at we are justified by works of the law, so there is no point in going on about it.

Christians are not justified by the law of Moses, but the Holy Spirit leads us by the very rules and commands for believers that he inspired.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. (ESV)
So, you are saying that the Holy Spirit leads us back to the law?

Maybe you, but not me.

The law promotes sin, this is why Jesus abolished it by nailing it to his cross, Colossians 2:14.

"But sin taking occasion BY THE COMMANDMENT, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence (lust) for without the law sin was dead" Romans 7:1.

So, you are saying that the Holy Spirit leads us back to the law?

Maybe you, but not me.

The law promotes sin, this is why Jesus abolished it by nailing it to his cross, Colossians 2:14.

"But sin taking occasion BY THE COMMANDMENT, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence (lust) for without the law sin was dead" Romans 7:1.
No, I didn't even come close to saying that. In fact, I made it quite clear that I wasn't saying that. And, once again, you are committing the fallacy of equivocation. When are you going to understand this, that is an error in reasoning and so should be discarded?

No, I didn't even come close to saying that. In fact, I made it quite clear that I wasn't saying that. And, once again, you are committing the fallacy of equivocation. When are you going to understand this, that is an error in reasoning and so should be discarded?
You said, "But the Holy Spirit leads us by the rules and commands for believers that he inspired". What you are saying is that the Holy Spirit leads us to rules and commandments that he inspired. 100% contrary to the teachings of Paul.

You said, "But the Holy Spirit leads us by the rules and commands for believers that he inspired". What you are saying is that the Holy Spirit leads us to rules and commandments that he inspired. 100% contrary to the teachings of Paul.
How so, exactly?

How so, exactly?
The purpose of the Holy Spirit is to magnify the work and the person of Jesus Christ, John 16:13-14.

The law has been abolished, Jesus nailed it to his Cross, Colossians 2:14. It is for this reason that, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17.

The purpose of the Holy Spirit is to magnify the work and the person of Jesus Christ, John 16:13-14.
That is one of many purposes. Among the many other purposes is also that he reveals things to us and gives us wisdom to understand God and the things of God, which naturally includes the Bible:

1Co 2:10 these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God.
1Co 2:11 For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.
1Co 2:13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual. (ESV)

So, again, how exactly is the Holy Spirit's leading us to obey the rules and commands for believers that he inspired, 100% contrary to the teachings of Paul, especially when all of Paul's words were inspired, including all the rules and commands that he gave?

The law has been abolished, Jesus nailed it to his Cross, Colossians 2:14. It is for this reason that, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17.
Again, you are committing the fallacy of equivocation and so creating a false dichotomy. You keep talking about the law of Moses, but that is not what the discussion is about. It's about "the law of the Spirit of life" that has set us "free in Christ Jesus;" it's about the rules and commands that Paul, Peter, John, and other NT writers give believers for proper Christian living.

That is one of many purposes. Among the many other purposes is also that he reveals things to us and gives us wisdom to understand God and the things of God, which naturally includes the Bible:

1Co 2:10 these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God.
1Co 2:11 For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.
1Co 2:13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual. (ESV)

So, again, how exactly is the Holy Spirit's leading us to obey the rules and commands for believers that he inspired, 100% contrary to the teachings of Paul, especially when all of Paul's words were inspired, including all the rules and commands that he gave?

Again, you are committing the fallacy of equivocation and so creating a false dichotomy. You keep talking about the law of Moses, but that is not what the discussion is about. It's about "the law of the Spirit of life" that has set us "free in Christ Jesus;" it's about the rules and commands that Paul, Peter, John, and other NT writers give believers for proper Christian living.
If you need laws, rules and religion it is because you don't have the Holy Spirit. Pharisees need laws, rules and religion, not Christians. Within the Spirit there is the law, but it is not the same as the written Mosiac law. The Holy Spirit urges us and prompts us to do what is right. The Mosiac law demands perfect obedience or death. There is no condemnation for those that are led by the Spirit, Romans 8:1.

If you need laws, rules and religion it is because you don't have the Holy Spirit. Pharisees need laws, rules and religion, not Christians.
Where does the Bible say this?

Within the Spirit there is the law, but it is not the same as the written Mosiac law. The Holy Spirit urges us and prompts us to do what is right.
And this is mostly done how? Is it not through leading us by what the Bible says?

The Mosiac law demands perfect obedience or death. There is no condemnation for those that are led by the Spirit, Romans 8:1.
Again, no one is arguing to the Mosaic law, so why do you keep bringing it up?

And this is mostly done how? Is it not through leading us by what the Bible says?

Paul wrote, "Knowing this, that the law is not made for the righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and the profane, for murders of fathers and murders of mothers, for manslayers, for whoremongers, for homosexuals, for men stealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be anything else contrary to sound doctrine" 1 Timothy 1:9-10.

If any of the above fits you, then the law is for you.

Paul wrote, "Knowing this, that the law is not made for the righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and the profane, for murders of fathers and murders of mothers, for manslayers, for whoremongers, for homosexuals, for men stealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be anything else contrary to sound doctrine" 1 Timothy 1:9-10.

If any of the above fits you, then the law is for you.
Yet again, no one is arguing to the Mosaic law, so why do you keep bringing it up?

And, again, where does the Bible say, "If you need laws, rules and religion it is because you don't have the Holy Spirit. Pharisees need laws, rules and religion, not Christians."?

And, again, although "The Holy Spirit urges us and prompts us to do what is right," this is mostly done how? Is it not through leading us by what the Bible says?

Yet again, no one is arguing to the Mosaic law, so why do you keep bringing it up?

And, again, where does the Bible say, "If you need laws, rules and religion it is because you don't have the Holy Spirit. Pharisees need laws, rules and religion, not Christians."?

And, again, although "The Holy Spirit urges us and prompts us to do what is right," this is mostly done how? Is it not through leading us by what the Bible says?
The Bible is a book of law and religion. The purpose of the law is to bring us to Christ that we might be justified by faith, Galatians 3:24.

The Bible is a book of law and religion. The purpose of the law is to bring us to Christ that we might be justified by faith, Galatians 3:24.
Well, since you repeatedly refuse to answer questions and address counterarguments, following the same MO as the previous discussion we had, there is no point in continuing. It seems as though you aren't interested in truth, which makes all discussion pointless.

Well, since you repeatedly refuse to answer questions and address counterarguments, following the same MO as the previous discussion we had, there is no point in continuing. It seems as though you aren't interested in truth, which makes all discussion pointless.
If you had the truth I might listen to you.

If you had the truth I might listen to you.
The whole point is that you first need to show that what I have said isn't true, but you haven't done that. You haven't even tried. You just evade and avoid answering questions and counterarguments, and instead just keep repeating fallacious arguments and arguments that have been shown to be problematic. That is a sign of someone not interested in the truth of a matter.

The whole point is that you first need to show that what I have said isn't true, but you haven't done that. You haven't even tried. You just evade and avoid answering questions and counterarguments, and instead just keep repeating fallacious arguments and arguments that have been shown to be problematic. That is a sign of someone not interested in the truth of a matter.
Why don't you post an article so that we can see what you believe?

Back