Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Calvinism: A Denial of Man's Free Will

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Mankind since the Fall, and Lucifer and the fallen angels who also chose to disobey God.
I'd say that all men sin since the fall,
I don't know if I'd say that ALL men DESIRE to sin.
I really never did even before I was born again.
Also, I'd say that a person could be an atheist and still be very morally aware and correct.

I think that sinning, and DESIRING to sin are two totally different ideas.

I'd say that all men sin since the fall,
I don't know if I'd say that ALL men DESIRE to sin.
I really never did even before I was born again.
Also, I'd say that a person could be an atheist and still be very morally aware and correct.

I think that sinning, and DESIRING to sin are two totally different ideas.
I meant as in desiring to lie to get out of an issue, or stealing to benefit yourself. Forgive me, that wasn’t the best word choice. I meant *urge*, the urge to sin. And I don’t mean it as in everytime you are tempted you have the urge, but I mean those times when you are tempted that you give into the urge to sin.

I meant as in desiring to lie to get out of an issue, or stealing to benefit yourself. Forgive me, that wasn’t the best word choice. I meant *urge*, the urge to sin. And I don’t mean it as in everytime you are tempted you have the urge, but I mean those times when you are tempted that you give into the urge to sin.
Yes. I agree.
Man tends toward sin. We do have the sin nature after all.
Looks like we agree. I just wasn't sure - I like to make sure I know what persons are saying.

In a sense he “can’t” because he won’t. He is in a sense “unable” to do wrong. (In which if we were to apply this to the issue of Calvinism, he would be unable to determine someone to murder or r*pe. Therefore even if you believe that God has no freeness of will, then logically, Calvinism cannot be true) (Also if you believe that logic is concept put forth by carnal men, then that’s another issue). With that aside, I am essentially “unable” to murder a man, because I *won’t*, doesn’t mean I couldn’t. I still have the choice to murder or not, I will just always choose to not.
IT IS NOT ABOUT LOGIC AND PHILOSOPHY.

It is about God revealing truth to His people.

No one has a freewill but God, He has absolute sovereignty over all, and all that exists fulfills His Eternal Purpose, and is working according to His Will

Eph 1:11

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
All things here is all inclusive, and includes the wills, minds, hearts of all men, angels, devils, animals, vegatable life, birds, fishes etc !

Daniel also wrote it correctly Dan 4:35

35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Arminianism or Freewillism is a denial of Gods Sovereignty,

It denies that Gods will is supreme and absolutely nothing or no one is free from His Sovereign Control, that His will rules everyone else will. Dan 4:35

35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Eph 1:11

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Paul and Daniel are writing the same thing here

All wills are in subjection to His Will of Purpose !

Back