Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Calvinism: A Denial of Man's Free Will

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Correct me if I'm wrong in understanding you....
We're not going to be able to have this discussion. The mod is deleting all my responses/posts.

I'm not sure what he's afraid of. The truth no doubt. He has no answer for what I'm posting other then deleting my posts to silence me.

He's behaving exactly like Calvin did against Servetus. Calvin's answer against his own enemies were: "If we have no answer, kill them". In the internet age you simply cancel your enemies by deleting what they say, it achieves the same goal.

I'm not sure how Calvinism can actually be discussed objectively without comparing scripture against what they teach.

Calvinism is a crime against humanity and a lie against the very nature of God's goodness. It's deceptive against Christ's own love and redemption for His creation.

It's founder (Calvin) was a murderer (according to the Apostle John) and Calvin's forerunner (Augustine) lived a life of debauchery and fornication while in "search of truth".

I've read all of Calvin's works and writings as well as Augustine's confessions many times. My own opinion is that neither one were born of God. Both were spiritually dead. They both exhibited the spirit of Cain and behaved like Saul rather than the converted Paul. Similar in fact to what the moderator is doing in this forum.

Augustine, for example, perpetuated the teachings of Greek philosopher's (Plato for example on the soul) as well as the Greek cultural thinking that was popular during the Hellenistic period. That alone should make you think twice before believing their destructive lies and teachings (Mat 7:15-20).

Last edited:
We're not going to be able to have this discussion. The mod is deleting all my responses/posts.

I'm not sure what he's afraid of. The truth no doubt. He has no answer for what I'm posting other then deleting my posts to silence me.

He's behaving exactly like Calvin did against Servetus. Calvin's answer against his own enemies were: "If we have no answer, kill them". In the internet age you simply cancel your enemies by deleting what they say, it achieves the same goal.

I'm not sure how Calvinism can actually be discussed objectively without comparing scripture against what they teach.

Calvinism is a crime against humanity and a lie against the very nature of God's goodness. It's deceptive against Christ's own love and redemption for His creation.

It's founder (Calvin) was a murderer (according to the Apostle John) and Calvin's forerunner (Augustine) lived a life of debauchery and fornication while in "search of truth".

I've read all of Calvin's works and writings as well as Augustine's confessions many times. My own opinion is that neither one were born of God. Both were spiritually dead. They both exhibited the spirit of Cain and behaved like Saul rather than the converted Paul. Similar in fact to what the moderator is doing in this forum.

Augustine, for example, perpetuated the teachings of Greek philosopher's (Plato for example on the soul) as well as the Greek cultural thinking that was popular during the Hellenistic period. That alone should make you think twice before believing their destructive lies and teachings (Mat 7:15-20).
Will reply in a PM

All my posts are being deleted. This is not a Christian forum. Christian's are not afraid of the truth.
This thread is also being read by other members.

YOU ARE MAKING A SERIOUS CLAIM.

BRING THIS TO TALK WITH STAFF SINCE I AM NOT AWARE OF ANYONE THAT IS DELETING YOUR POSTS.

YOU MUST STOP MAKING THIS ACCUSATION OR YOU MUST FORMALLY ADVISE STAFF.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE USE TALK WITH STAFF.

As wondering said please take this to TWTS so we can discuss this issue as the staff has not deleted your postings in this thread.
Brightfame52 told me why he's deleting my posts. He does not want universalism advocated in this forum. Simply ask him yourself. Is he not your staff? How on earth can you not be aware of it?

Brightfame52 told me why he's deleting my posts. He does not want universalism advocated in this forum. Simply ask him yourself. Is he not your staff? How on earth can you not be aware of it?
We have autonomous zones in our forum.
It's different than safe zones in other forums.
Here we allow the subject under the autonomous to be discussed freely. Each autonomous forum has an overseer.

The overseer for the CALVINIST Forum is brightfame52

He has advised staff that he has deleted some of your posts and that he has given you the reason.

THERE IS A SPECIAL FORUM FOR UNIVERSALISM.

PLEASE PAY HEED TO THE OVERSEER.
DO NOT USE THE CALVINISM FORUM TO PROMOTE UNIVERSALISM.

We have told you to take this to TWTS as it will not be discussed in this forum which is Calvinism, not the Universalism forum.

I'm not promoting universalism. What I'm advocating for is Christ's love for the world. All the world, including you as well as brightfame52.

If you think this is wrong or objectionable on a Christian forum, than ban me for doing so.
You have been told to take this to Talk With the Staff in order to discuss it there. It will not be discussed in this thread.

brightfame52 you can delete post # 111 if you want as this has gone on to long with TahitiRun who refuses to take this to TWTS.

This may be an old comment, but I would disagree.
If God *Can’t* sin, then why would the Devil even try to deceive Jesus? It’d be like me asking you to fly. However we know that God can do all things (omnipotence). We also know that ‘in him there is no sin’ (1 John 3:5). So it must then be that God *DOESN’T* sin. But that doesn’t take away from the fact that God would be “able” to sin. Which would be free will. So then what should we learn from this? We should try to align our freewill with the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

This may be an old comment, but I would disagree.
If God *Can’t* sin, then why would the Devil even try to deceive Jesus? It’d be like me asking you to fly. However we know that God can do all things (omnipotence). We also know that ‘in him there is no sin’ (1 John 3:5). So it must then be that God *DOESN’T* sin. But that doesn’t take away from the fact that God would be “able” to sin. Which would be free will. So then what should we learn from this? We should try to align our freewill with the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
Hello JPP,
God is indeed omnipotent, but that does not solve your dilemma.
All of God's attributes are Holy.
Put the word Holy before all of God's attributes.
God has A Holy Perfection.
God's Holy perfect nature Cannot sin.
The will of God is subject to His Perfect, unchangeable Holiness.
Deut 32:4 informs us on this.
Free will is a false philosophical concept put forth by carnal men.
We all have a self will which is bound by sin.
He Heaven we will not be able to sin, as we will conformed to the image of The Sinless Son.

In a sense he “can’t” because he won’t. He is in a sense “unable” to do wrong. (In which if we were to apply this to the issue of Calvinism, he would be unable to determine someone to murder or r*pe. Therefore even if you believe that God has no freeness of will, then logically, Calvinism cannot be true) (Also if you believe that logic is concept put forth by carnal men, then that’s another issue). With that aside, I am essentially “unable” to murder a man, because I *won’t*, doesn’t mean I couldn’t. I still have the choice to murder or not, I will just always choose to not.

The desire to sin is most certainly from the evilness of man’s heart, so in heaven that desire will be completely removed, God does not have those desires, so when we are conformed, we too will be stripped of the desire to sin.

As Disciple Dave noted, freewill by almost any credible definition is to be able to act to one’s own discretion. Therefore, if making decisions is an innate sinful desire, then is it sinful for you to reply to me? Is it sinful to *not* reply to me?
I’d answer for you, it’s not innately sinful to do either.

The desire to sin is most certainly from the evilness of man’s heart, so in heaven that desire will be completely removed, God does not have those desires, so when we are conformed, we too will be stripped of the desire to sin.
Who has the desire to sin?

Use the reply button at the lower right.
Reply and then POST REPLY at lower right.

In a sense he “can’t” because he won’t. He is in a sense “unable” to do wrong. (In which if we were to apply this to the issue of Calvinism, he would be unable to determine someone to murder or r*pe. Therefore even if you believe that God has no freeness of will, then logically, Calvinism cannot be true) (Also if you believe that logic is concept put forth by carnal men, then that’s another issue). With that aside, I am essentially “unable” to murder a man, because I *won’t*, doesn’t mean I couldn’t. I still have the choice to murder or not, I will just always choose to not.
Why do you choose to not ?

Back