Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Calvinism: A Denial of Man's Free Will

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
A devil worshiper helps an old lady cross the street because she needed help, does a Good thing. If you don't believe so, then ask the lady if she thought it was a good thing he/she did for her.

The problem with your speech, is the generalizations. When you say "ANYTHING GOOD" That would entail anything and everything Good, does it not?

If then someone falls down and someone helps her up (DOES GOOD) is that motivated by pride? No. So then your statement is incorrect, when there are thousands of examples where people can do something Good and it is NOT motivated by pride, nor by the Holy Ghost even. A devil worshiper taking his kid to go get icecream is something Good that the devil worshiper does for his kid, and it had nothing to do with being motivated by pride, or led by the Holy Ghost. They merely did GOOD because they wanted to do Good, they CHOSE to do good, which is a result of God allowing ALL HUMANS to have freewill, to either choose to do evil things, or to choose to do Good things, regardless of affiliation with God.
Prov21;4
The plowing of the wicked is sin

It was the unseen work of the Spirit
Naaa, Jerusalem was literally turned upside down because of Peter's Gospel. Can you imagine 8,000 Jews accepting Christ as their savior. The Pharisee almost had a nervous break down, Acts 4:18-22. There had never been anything like this before. This is how Jesus gave birth to the New Testament church. "Faith came by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

says "Adam and Eve did not lose their free will in the fall. Where does it say that? What they lost was their relationship with God."

Where does it say that? They did not lose their relationship with God, they lost the Garden of Eden, and gained punishments as a result of their disobedience, but they did not lose their relationship with God.

says "Saving that man does not have a free will is an insult to common sense and is an insult to God who is the creator of man."

True

says " Calvinists want us to believe that humanity is nothing but a bunch of dumb robots that cannot think for themselves because they have been predestinated to be blind and stupid."

No Love for Calvinists (professing Christians) here, is there? How about we not address Calvinists as a whole, but address the issues they believe in (their Doctrines) that you don't agree with? Love the People, not what they believe in.

says "The word "Predestinate" appears only four times in the New Testament. None of the four words have anything to do with anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell. The words "heaven" and "hell" are not associated with the word "predestinated." If predestination was a true doctrine about people being predestinated to heaven or to hell the Bible would be full of it, there is nothing. The words "Faith" and "Believe" appear in the Bible hundreds of times."

This statement is True. There are some who are predestined to fulfill the Will of God. That does not mean they are predestined to go to Heaven or to Hell. However there are a few exceptions to this as well. For example the antichrist is predestined to be the antichrist, and is indeed predestined to be cast into the Lake of Fire.

says "Who are Calvinist? Calvinist are people like Catholics, JW"s, etc. that have rejected the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ and have formed their own religion and doctrines."

How is this not MOST people from this last days generation? i am certain that you also have formed your own doctrines that you believe in, that are contrary to the Word of God. ( ie. OSAS, Water baptism saves you, Pretrib, impossible to cease from sinning, etc.) So then if you accuse these as believing in false doctrines, all the while you also believe in false doctrines, what does that make you?
It makes Robert Pate a regular, normal christian that has a belief system.

Calvinists, instead, change the nature of God and preach a different gospel.

Quite a difference I'd say.
Galatians 1,8

It makes Robert Pate a regular, normal christian that has a belief system.

Galatians 1,8
Calvinism is self defeating. What is requires that you believe about God and his Son Jesus Christ is what will damn you to hell. Pure blasphemy against God, his Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

It makes @Robert Pate a regular, normal christian that has a belief system.

Galatians 1,8

i know not who this Robert Pate is.

i know not what Calvinists believe or don't believe. i teach against any false teaching that i come across, regardless the affiliation of the person who said it.

i know not what Calvinists believe or don't believe. i teach against any false teaching that i come across, regardless the affiliation of the person who said it.
You come here to teach?
Where did you get your PhD?

And no one receives the Spirit without hearing and believing the Gospel.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.
Romans 10,17 is not part of the reformed bible.
They won't even reply to that verse.

How do you know what is true and what is false?

Always, ALWAYS compare what is being said or taught, to the Word of God.
If someone says or teaches a THING. And there is a verse that is contrary to that THING, Then that THING is wrong.

If what you believe contradicts even one verse in Scriptures, then change your belief. Do NOT change the Scriptures to line up with your own belief, but change your belief to line up with Scriptures. This is NOT an easy thing to do.
For Example.

How many have been taught their own lives that once you are Saved, you are always Saved, and can't possibly lose it. This is what human preachers have been teaching for eons, correct?
Now when a person gets Saved, their name is written in the Book of Life, Who would not agree with that Truth?
And yet we see plain Scriptures that teaches a person name can be blotted out of the Book of Life? Which plainly means, their name WAS written in the Book of Life, but is no longer written in the Book of Life. Therefore the belief of Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS), can't possibly be Truth, if a person name can be blotted out of the Book of Life.
How hard then would it be for a person to NO LONGER believe, what they have believed their whole entire lives. VERY HARD indeed, so they would much rather find fault, or change, or interpret away, or make void, or ignore the verses which plainly reveals once a person is Saved, they can lose it. THAT IS EASIER, then to change what you have believed your whole life, from human preachers.

And many who believe in OSAS will say the pathetic logic, when someone gives them a scenario how a person WAS Saved, but is no longer Saved, and they will use the pathetic logic, "Well they were not Truly Saved to begin with" Made a video about that as well:

my point is, even though it will be extremely hard to do, change your belief to line up with All of Scriptures. Or you can freely choose to continue to be a Nicolaitan Christian, which chooses to believe in false doctrines instead of the Word of God.

Always, ALWAYS compare what is being said or taught, to the Word of God.
If someone says or teaches a THING. And there is a verse that is contrary to that THING, Then that THING is wrong.

If what you believe contradicts even one verse in Scriptures, then change your belief. Do NOT change the Scriptures to line up with your own belief, but change your belief to line up with Scriptures. This is NOT an easy thing to do.
For Example.

How many have been taught their own lives that once you are Saved, you are always Saved, and can't possibly lose it. This is what human preachers have been teaching for eons, correct?
Now when a person gets Saved, their name is written in the Book of Life, Who would not agree with that Truth?
And yet we see plain Scriptures that teaches a person name can be blotted out of the Book of Life? Which plainly means, their name WAS written in the Book of Life, but is no longer written in the Book of Life. Therefore the belief of Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS), can't possibly be Truth, if a person name can be blotted out of the Book of Life.
How hard then would it be for a person to NO LONGER believe, what they have believed their whole entire lives. VERY HARD indeed, so they would much rather find fault, or change, or interpret away, or make void, or ignore the verses which plainly reveals once a person is Saved, they can lose it. THAT IS EASIER, then to change what you have believed your whole life, from human preachers.

And many who believe in OSAS will say the pathetic logic, when someone gives them a scenario how a person WAS Saved, but is no longer Saved, and they will use the pathetic logic, "Well they were not Truly Saved to begin with" Made a video about that as well:

my point is, even though it will be extremely hard to do, change your belief to line up with All of Scriptures. Or you can freely choose to continue to be a Nicolaitan Christian, which chooses to believe in false doctrines instead of the Word of God.
In the parable of the sower not all of the seed fell on good ground. Not everyone that professes faith in Christ is a Christian, instead they are counterfeits. When adversities come they fade away. Real Christians persevere to the end. This is why those that profess Christ as their savior are frequently tested.

To those who believe you have a "free will" to choose salvation, how do you interpret these verses, especially 13.

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

To those who believe you have a "free will" to choose salvation, how do you interpret these verses, especially 13.

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
The main thrust of the New Testament is that salvation is by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8. Mainly by faith in Christ and his Gospel.

Back