Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Can God's Existence be Proven through Science?

nyc christian said:
lol your last reply was a bit sarcastic and the tone on your email was a bit aggressive. Dont ask me to source, go and do the research yourself. You shouldnt have answered, you just showed me that you dont know much about medicine, philosophy etc. I wont bother replying because that would mean I would have to teach you and break everything down for you.

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect - 1 Peter 3:15

Well since we don't have to source then I think I'll go ahead and say that there was irrefutable proof that Jesus isn't real, a guy died and came back, turned out Buddah was God. Instant win. No need to source.

Source your claims or they're not really claims and there's no reason for anyone to listen to you. Also, I wasn't trying to be aggressive or anything, sorry if I came off that way.

nyc christian said:
All of the examples you stated are ideas of things that, santa clause = a man that brings gifts to everyone in one night all of these are a compilation of things we have seen, sun god = a god from the sun etc.

What do you mean by "We've seen them"? I certainly haven't seen fairies or Santa lol. Of course we can invent things in our minds, this is the entire principle of fiction. So are you saying that Arthur Conan Doyle didn't actually make up Sherlock Holmes? He was just a real detective? Did James Cameron actually go to Pandora and document all those aliens for his film? More importantly, did everyone see Buddah, Krishnah and Thor? I'm not sure where you're going with this lol.

nyc christian said:
All of those are not independent ideas because they are all things that we have seen. what we invent as you say is all derived from what we have seen in our life time. You would have to state an original idea of something no one has seen or heard of -that would be an original idea. Even abstract art is not an original idea because it comes from colors and shapes we have seen. You didnt answer my question because you probably dont even understand the simple concept and explanation that I posted of what an "independent/original idea is" =independent meaning an original idea that does not come from what we have seen in our life time". Never mind you just got served and you dont even know it lol

If you're saying that God is an independent idea and all the other works of fiction are somehow not then I don't see how you can make that argument without first proving that he's real. What about all the other Gods? What about all the works of fiction?

I didn't get owned, this isn't about being owned, it's about better understanding each others viewpoints, and if you think that it's me against you then you're drastically mistaken in taking such a childish view on the matter.

Back