Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Can somebody sell his soul to the devil?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This brother explains that it is impossible... I kinda agree with him but I'm not really sure.... You can give your heart to God or the devil right? Is there somebody who can explain this using the Bible?

Then only subsequently “said”
they felt like they’d sold their soul? Doesn’t mean they didn’t “sell”
something of themselves to Satan.
That would discount the whole concept of the payment of a ransom in the gospel message.

In our poverty we all inevitably become slaves to the sin we have sold ourselves to in order to survive in this world. Jesus buys us back from the enemy by paying with his own life the ransom required to set us free. That is the glorious gospel message. But if no one has sold themselves to the enemy that would erase the gospel message of Jesus paying a ransom to get us back.

By being born unclothed, we, like Adam and Eve, are by nature not equipped to resist the temptations of the flesh and the enemy and will invariably be deceived and choose to serve sin, and will as a result become a slave to sin. And so we will serve the devil that way. And our need to be redeemed from our slavery to sin by a kinsman redeemer will be established.

Purposely and knowingly choosing to serve the devil in exchange for the glory of the flesh is different than that because it is done willingly in full knowledge, not in ignorance and weakness or the result of deception. Depending on the circustances I understand this to be unforgivable.
Very good Jethro, I fully agree sir. Looks like you have a good grasp on it.

Here's the thing .

Satan doesn't rule anything .he has no power but what God let's him.in hell Satan and his angels are in torment .

You can't belong to satan in hell .he isn't the one who torments .he just takes sinners with him to hell .
He is the prince of the air and of the world. He told Jesus all the kingdoms of the world are his and he can give them to whom he wants (Luke 4:6). There are demons being held in doomy dungeons right now, but the devil himself is not there.

He is the prince of the air and of the world. He told Jesus all the kingdoms of the world are his and he can give them to whom he wants (Luke 4:6). There are demons being held in doomy dungeons right now, but the devil himself is not there.
Here's the thing because I grew up on that statement by a black delta blues mission .

Satan doesn't have a quota he has to meet .

Here that is a short movie and also the Charlie Daniels band .
If Satan rules all nations.then that means America was never ,no not ever a Christian nation

I can use the first amendment to make that case .

I say that because while it's true Satan is allowed .God raises nations up and kings .not Satan .

Remember that was said before Satan tempted Jesus .

My point here is that Satan doesn't rule on hell . I'm quite sensitive to spirits .I have not posted my photos of haunted homes and churches much here .it's been first Baptist church ,the hallstrom house ,

I am going to request that the conversation get back to following the rules of this forum. Any posts beyond this point that are in violation will be removed.

But to get special privileges from him you must specifically covenant with him to serve and worship him, not just fall into his service unwittingly by default.
Yes sir I agree, but the sad part is, those who do not choose to serve God exclusively Mat 4:10 will be judged as goats. So whether a person actively serves satan or not, if they are alive upon Jesus' return and they are not serving his God, the Bible reveals the outcome:
2th 1:6 if so be that it is righteous thing with God to recompense affliction to them that afflict you,
2th 1:7 and to you that are afflicted rest with us, at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with the angels of his power in flaming fire,
2th 1:8 rendering vengeance to them that know not God, and to them that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus:
2th 1:9 who shall suffer punishment, [even] eternal destruction from the face of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

Hmm so much said here.. as a believer no as someone that does no not know God yes you can. You can give the enemy rights to you...but in a heart beat one has to just cry out to Jesus. Christ said we can only serve one master. You can give that master control over you. If one is not serving Christ then Satan the god of this world is their master.

All souls are Gods. He created the smith, and He created the waster to destroy.

The soul that sins, it shall die.

Isaiah 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

Ezekiel 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Now, specifically, on the question, of whether your soul is sold to the devil.

This answer is twofold, because Israel is the example of God, who God did not sell, ( their souls) but for their iniquity they sold themselves, and for transgressions they were put away.

Israel sold themselves for nothing, ( given away freely, of no value) and they were redeemed the same way, without money. ( redemption for your soul is in Christ, the Bishop and Shepherd of your souls, this is the mystery of Christ. Colossians 2:2.)

Isaiah 50:1 Thus saith the Lord, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

Isaiah 52:3 For thus saith the Lord, Ye have sold yourselves for nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money.

1 Peter 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

The mystery of Babylon, is the mystery of iniquity. ( 2 Thessalonians 2:7.)

Israel went forth into exile into Babylon, this is where Israel was delivered, and redeemed from the hand of their enemies. ( where they sold themselves into, for their iniquity.)

Isaiah 48:20 Go ye forth of Babylon, flee ye from the Chaldeans, with a voice of singing declare ye, tell this, utter it even to the end of the earth; say ye, The Lord hath redeemed his servant Jacob.

Micah 4:10 Be in pain, and labour to bring forth, O daughter of Zion, like a woman in travail: for now shalt thou go forth out of the city, and thou shalt dwell in the field, and thou shalt go even to Babylon; there shalt thou be delivered; there the Lord shall redeem thee from the hand of thine enemies.

Paying attention, ( any would be good on this forum) of that mystery of Babylon.

Babylon falls ( God redeemed Israel from the hand of their enemies in Babylon, by the mystery of Christ.)

Babylon becomes ( in real life too, 2500 years ago) a habitation of wild birds, ( habitation of devils, every foul spirit, a cage of every unclean an hateful bird/angel)

All nations drink of the wrath of her fornication, and wax rich through her delicacies, and we are to come out of her, ( the mystery of Babylon/the mystery of iniquity, where Israel sold themselves for their iniquity.) to not be part taker of her sins and her plagues.

In one hour judgement comes upon Babylon, no man buys their merchandise any more, no gold, silver, precious stones, or animals, or chariots, or slaves, or souls of men. ( the souls of men, are Israel selling themselves for nothing, into Babylon, where all nations drank of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.)

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

Revelation 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Revelation 18:10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,
13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

This brother explains that it is impossible... I kinda agree with him but I'm not really sure.... You can give your heart to God or the devil right? Is there somebody who can explain this using the Bible?
I think the problem is with the fact that so many people have been taught something that many think is biblical, but is not. What I mean is, many have been taught the scriptures teach human beings have souls, but this isn't true. Human beings are souls. To be clear, a human body doesn't have a soul inside it. We human beings are souls. So you can't sell something that you call a soul that you believe is inside your human body, because you don't have a soul inside your human body.

Last edited:
The word/sword of God is so sharp it divides in two, the soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, it discerns the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Here is how our soul is not corrupted, otherwise it ceases to be. ( nothing else matters.)

Psalm 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Psalm 22:29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

Psalm 49:7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:
8 (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:)
9 That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption.

Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

You could say you’ve Sold your Soul to the Devil of like you did something for Money and it’s something or involves something you never would agree with. Like say like the Environmentalist that’s like doing Corporate stuff gets like approached by Oil Companies or like Atomic Power Plan Advocates, and like starts telling everyone like Fukushima wasn’t so bad or whatever. It doesn’t have to be like a guy with Horns. There’s just Money behind some things that aren’t the best.

The video is incorrect. There is indeed such a thing as selling one's soul to the Devil in exchange for fame or fortune. This offer was made when Jesus went out into the wilderness to be tempted by Satan himself.

1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the Devil... 8 And again, the Devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ”

There are several references in the following thread to people selling their souls to Satan in exchange for power, money and fame. If you want the correct answer, read through it.

God bless,
Hidden In Him

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back