Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Casting out demons

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Thanks for the replies in the thread.

Just to say, I'm not looking to go around casting out demons or spotting demons coming out of the supermarket. I was looking for the identification, as they were very evident in Biblical times, but I'm guessing the behaviour that identified them would now be classed as a mental difficiency in the person, and not possession.

Thanks again...

...I'm guessing the behaviour that identified them would now be classed as a mental difficiency in the person, and not possession.
Without a doubt. In fact you'd probably be the one considered to be demonized for suggesting someone's outward signs of demonic possession was the devil acting out of a person. Kind of ironic, isn't it?

Some Christians see no demons at all, others see demons under every bed.
...just another example of how the church polarizes so many matters of the faith to one extreme or the other and in the process miss the real truth somewhere in the middle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I respect all the views expressed but am relieved to see that they are varied and not all at the opposite end from me. Can I ask a long winded question of those who believe in demonic possession?

Imagine you are on the jury for a violent crime and observe that the accused displays all the signs of possession. During a recession you discuss this with the other jurors who are also good Christians and you all agree that the accused is possessed.

You arrange for someone to visit the accused in her cell and cast out the demon(s). When the trial resumes, she is totally changed, calm, meek, scared and struggling to remember the details of what happened. The crime just seems like a dream to her.

The case continues and an absolutely convincing case is made that she is guilty but all of you jurors know that she was possessed at the time.

What is your verdict? GUILTY or NOT GUILTY?

I respect all the views expressed but am relieved to see that they are varied and not all at the opposite end from me. Can I ask a long winded question of those who believe in demonic possession?

Imagine you are on the jury for a violent crime and observe that the accused displays all the signs of possession. During a recession you discuss this with the other jurors who are also good Christians and you all agree that the accused is possessed.

You arrange for someone to visit the accused in her cell and cast out the demon(s). When the trial resumes, she is totally changed, calm, meek, scared and struggling to remember the details of what happened. The crime just seems like a dream to her.

The case continues and an absolutely convincing case is made that she is guilty but all of you jurors know that she was possessed at the time.

Don't we often see cases like this in the media?

Unfortunately demonic possession will not excuse or mitigate a person's crime as no state is run by a church and no national law is above a person's spiritual state. The accused has to serve the sentence as meted out. I have many lawyer friends from church and they work according to state laws and not "christian" laws . The best they could do is to defend the accused and get them to plead insanity or something to mitigate the charges and pleading insanity may include state of demonic possessions which the court could take into account.

God forgives all sinners but it doesn't mean we always get to escape the consequences of our sins.

That's a hard question to answer. If a mad man murders someone and after one hour gets totally okay, would we send him to jail?

No is the most reasonable answer to give.

So what is the difference between these two: a demon-possessed psycho and a drugs-scattered-his-head mad man?

Guilty.

Sentencing would be based on the person's repentance. Which is a whole 'nuther ball of wax. Judges today don't seem to be to good at understanding the need for repentance, or even what repentance is, when determining prison sentences. But why should we would expect them too? They're the one's who kicked the Bible out of our society. As a result of their ignorance of mercy and justice, they let people who can serve limited sentences languish in prison while hardened, dangerous criminals serve light sentences.

fallen angels are not demons.. demons were the offspring of Angel and Women..these were called mighty fellows of old, giants, nephilim, the flood in Noah's day destroyed their earthly bodies and rightly so because if they were to continue within the human race then the line leading to the Christ would have become tainted with this abomination. They now exist in the spirit without form but crave the part of them now destroyed. Some who play with the occult invite them in and become possessed. For the last days to be as in the days of Noah then something will happen where another species will be having relations with women...These will be demon in whatever form they take. Demons finding a gateway to having a body in genetic engineering is my guess. Or alien arrival but not really aliens different species is a must.

Most angry people are not demon possessed the ones that are will be mighty strong have nothing of God's compassion. They will be confused at the world in general and simply do and take whatever they want!

This is genuine police footage of two very strange women....compare their strength to other women of their size http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqEIRxztJZI (this is live footage and on two occasions there is swearing)

Last edited by a moderator:

This is an interesting question because it entails an assessment of legal theory. In our legal system people are prosecuted for crimes they committed that may have had a demonic component all the time. Consider a man who is angry at his wife, under the influence of alcohol, and at the moment he is poised to hit his wife, gets a demonic nudge to go ahead.

What percentage of the punishment is attributable to the man? What about the person making a profit selling alcohol? What about the parents that were unable to raise a child with a better understanding of how to control himself? What about the church that failed to help the man grow into the full image of Christ. What about the wife who may have provoked until the man snapped.

In an absolute sense, real, accurate, and just judgment can only be made by God.

In a legal sense, the man who did the crime gets the punishment.

To expand on the legal theory. In the letters of Thomas Jefferson are many that he wrote in an almost personal campaign to get trial by jury included in the Constitution. He cited many reasons for having trial by jury. One reason was that unjust laws (such a possibility was considered unlikely by Jefferson) could be overridden by the jurors. In legal terms this is called "original intent".

Courts today would never tolerate a juror being told he had the power to override the law. However, jurors can and do make such decisions frequently during either the guilt phase or sentencing phase of a trial. These decisions may or may not be based on anything that could be considered justifiable.

In the example cited, finding someone fully demonically possessed who also was functional enough to commit a crime would be as unlikely as finding twelve people selected at random who were also Christian and sufficiently of the same mind as to help someone. However in the final analysis repentance and conversion do not trump consequence.

There was a man in Minnesota who killed a neighbor when he was 15 year old. The police never considered him a suspect and for years he lived with no consequence. After he grew up he became a Christian and as he grew in his faith he became more and more convicted by his crime. He finally went to the police and confessed his crime and was sentenced to prison.

Personal account...
(s-i-l) We have photos of him the pictures show a dark angry kid full of hate towards himself and just about everyone else. The farther he got into the durg world the more animallistic his appearance.

When the Light of the World became his friend, the Love of Jesus replaced the hate the softer his physical looks became.

Was there a demon? I would say not like a 'being' but as a spirit. Jesus Christ reached in and changed his heart which changed his appearance. This came about in a relative short amount of time... compared to the years of drug life. The town (pop about 1000) saw the change. God is good!

Guilty of the crime, yes. Premeditated, could have been, but who would know for sure.

I came across this update on the 'mad' women running from the British police.

One of them killed a man soon after she was released from custody. Only then was she examined and declared to be suffering from a mental disorder!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1210953/Woman-locked-making-mad-dash-M6-stabbed-stranger-death-day-released-jail.html

Bolted door horse lock the after!

Ahh, the Eriksson twins. Aye, that was a really bizarre case. They even ran a TV show on the BBC about it. I watched it online, a long time after it was first aired, it's quite extraordinary.

At the time, a friend actually said to them that it looked like they were demon possessed.

:shocked
Both the woman and her psychosis were released into the city. They could her hel the later back. (Kidding)

One thing people should try to understand is when a case is demonic and when it isn't. A demonic case can't be treated medically. This case might not be a demonic one.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back