Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Catholicism and Apostolic Succession

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Atonement said:
Notice it does not say blessed are you above all women.. We are blessed among all people because we are the salt of the earth. The light of the earth.

Atonement are you debating Catholics.

Why don't you put it in context. Elizabeth filled with the Holy SPIRT SHOUTS FOR JOY! "BLESSED ARE YOU AMONG WOMEN". Not just an average day of the Lord blessing women. This is the mother of her Lord standing before here. Mary was not more blessed than others having Jesus as her son? Your kidding, right. The phrase "blessed are you among women" is in fact appropriate for one who is among women and is more blessed than the rest. Blessing is not equal.

I'm not debating any Catholic, I'm telling you the facts and you are ignoring them. Sounds like you are debating me Thess...

Atonement said:
I'm not debating any Catholic, I'm telling you the facts and you are ignoring them. Sounds like you are debating me Thess...

Ya right.

:crazyeyes:

thessalonian said:
We don't need the intercession of others? Then 1 Tim 2:1-4 is wrong. Paul shouldn't be asking for intercession of others?

Yeah, the people are praying to Jesus for others.

definition of intercession: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/intercession
1. Entreaty in favor of another, especially a prayer or petition to God in behalf of another

I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 1 Timothy 2:1-5

thessalonian said:
Some are more blessed and some less and I can't imagine that I or anyone else could be more blessed than one who held the God man in her arms!

Yes, Joseph and her were very blessed to have held Jesus in their arms. But a blessing doesn't mean the person is any "better" than another in God's eyes. We are all the same in that respect. Being more blessed by God is God's doing, not the persons.

Atonement said:
Spell out one statement that I said that was not a fact? Of course you can't. All your good for is agruing.

I believe I already did. But you choose to do more belittling. That seems to be what you are good at the last couple of days. Criticizing those in a religous way that you have no authority over. I accept your authority as a mod but not as a religous rebuker. You have claimed wisdom where I see little.

Here is a quote from Thess. in PM. I hate when people talk about another person it's gossip and I will not stand for it. So I wanted to allow everyone to read this..

Complete nonsense. You are decieving yourself. No thought of Catholics and attacks on them "seeing mary as diety"? Yes, you are debating Catholics but of course you, like Mr. Solo, will always deny that you are doing something that you clearly are.

Again I have stated nothing but facts here: And you can not rebuttle one of them, again all you want to do is argue a point. Please don't PM me unless you have a valid reason to.

thessalonian said:
I believe I already did. But you choose to do more belittling. That seems to be what you are good at the last couple of days. Criticizing those in a religous way that you have no authority over. I accept your authority as a mod but not as a religous rebuker. You have claimed wisdom where I see little.

Thank you, I feel the same way Thess. Any thing else we can discuss?

Atonement said:
Here is a quote from Thess. in PM. I hate when people talk about another person it's gossip and I will not stand for it. So I wanted to allow everyone to read this..

Again I have stated nothing but facts here: And you can not rebuttle one of them, again all you want to do is argue a point. Please don't PM me unless you have a valid reason to.

Addressing the individual is not gossip. :o Look it up in the dictionary. :-?
Posting private messages is unethical on the internet. But I stand by what I have said. I will not pm you any longer. The proper phrasing is "you cannot rebutt one of them". I did in fact but you have ignored that post.

Keith. I've decided you people are all nutz over here. Please kick me off this rather stupid board. It's a waste of my time. Thanks.

thessalonian said:
Veritas said:
Being more blessed by God is God's doing, not the persons.
Where did I say otherwise? Show me where?

If we are in agreement about that. Great!

What about the first part?

Veritas said:
But a blessing doesn't mean the person is any "better" than another in God's eyes. We are all the same in that respect.

thessalonian said:
Keith. I've decided you people are all nutz over here. Please kick me off this rather stupid board. It's a waste of my time. Thanks.

We'll check ourselves into the mental clinic in the morning. I'm sure they are holding a padded room just for us. But we must take our Bibles, because who the Son set's free is free indeed...

Atonement said:
We'll check ourselves into the mental clinic in the morning. I'm sure they are holding a padded room just for us. But we must take our Bibles, because who the Son set's free is free indeed...
LOL :smt042

thessalonian said:
Do you really want to go Jerry ?

thessalonian said:
Yep. My statement wasn't charitable. But neither is this website.
I'm not saying you're slow or anything, but I figured this out the first day. :wink:

The problem with engaging too deeply is certainly a risk of becoming uncharitable oneself. But I've read many of your posts and you've done an admirable job of speaking the truth about Catholicism and what it really teaches.

Texasgirl said:
I'm not saying you're slow or anything, but I figured this out the first day. :wink:

The problem with engaging too deeply is certainly a risk of becoming uncharitable oneself. But I've read many of your posts and you've done an admirable job of speaking the truth about Catholicism and what it really teaches.
From one Catholic to another! :smt056

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back