Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Catholics' Fruit of Christianity

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
G

gingercat

Catholics are claiming they are producing plenty of fruit, and wanting to close their eyes on the reality of evil deeds committed by priests.

Catholics have killed many, many faithful Christians in the past and they are continually committing shameful crimes.

Christians are supposed to be martyred and not the other way around!

Their continual rotten fruit tells us they are not of God but of devil!

I am sorry, this kind of expression is not religeousely or politically correct, but it has to be said.

The Bible tells us to expose the evil deeds of darkness.

Again, you fail to see these same flaws in among other "Christian" churches. They are there just as much. People killing their children "because God told them to", or more recently, the woman who killed her pastor husband... etc. Those people that kidnapped the Elizabeth Smart girl--again, "because God told them to"

Open up the Metro section of any big city newspaper...

You can point a finger at the Catholic Church, but you had better be aware that those members of the Catholic Church who have sinned are not alone--you will find those same sins and worse, in other "Christian" churches.

CatholicXian said:
Again, you fail to see these same flaws in among other "Christian" churches. They are there just as much. People killing their children "because God told them to", or more recently, the woman who killed her pastor husband... etc. Those people that kidnapped the Elizabeth Smart girl--again, "because God told them to"

You can point a finger at the Catholic Church, but you had better be aware that those members of the Catholic Church who have sinned are not alone--you will find those same sins and worse, in other "Christian" churches.

We openly admit the flaws in the other churches. But what you fail to do is see any flaws in the catholic church! That is called worshiping the pope. But you incessantly argue with Paul and Jesus! You just said in another thread the the gospel wasn't even around until the 3rd and 4th centuries, yet Paul himself tells the Corinthians, Ephesians, Galations, etc. that he is preaching the gospel to them.

So your persistent arguing with Paul and Jesus yet complete defense of the pope shows you are worshiping the wrong god.

But cult members are extremely difficult to de-program because the cult leader always threatens to kill those who disagree with him. And that is what the catholic church used to do because it works in inciting fear in the congregation to give loyalty to the pope.

But ever since Luther exposed them, they have become more subtle about their treatment of those who disagree with them. Now they just condmen their congregation to hell. But don't worry, they don't have the power to do that. Only God can do that.

So if you really want to know who goes to hell, then Read Christ's words, not the pope's. After all, it's Christ you clai you worship, is it not? If so, then I suggest you listen to him over any man.

gingercat,

You seem to do a pretty good job of exposing those that you disagree with through your faith.
Perhaps you could share with us what your church has done for the community?

James 2:14-18 What does it profit, my brethren, though a man says he has faith, and has not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be warmed and filled; yet you give them not those things which are needful to the body; what does it profit? Even so faith, if it has not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, You have faith, and I have works: show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

I would ask that others visiting this thread refrain from adding to this discussion until gingercat specifically answers these honest and direct questions.

1. Has and does your church continue to feed and clothe the poor?
2. Does your church visit those in prison?
3. Does your church take care of the widows and if so in what manner?
4. Does your church have elders that task members for good works and if so, what are they?

If you wish to see my motive, I want to ensure that you are not a hypocrite as I seem to recall somewhere in history many prots burning witches alive... which is a fact you failed to mention.

Matthew 7:3 And why behold you the speck that is in your brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye?

StoveBolts said:
gingercat,

You seem to do a pretty good job of exposing those that you disagree with through your faith.

James 2:14-18 What does it profit, my brethren, though a man says he has faith, and has not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be warmed and filled; yet you give them not those things which are needful to the body; what does it profit? Even so faith, if it has not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, You have faith, and I have works: show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

I would ask that others visiting this thread refrain from adding to this discussion until gingercat specifically answers these honest and direct questions.

4. Does your church have elders that task members for good works and if so, what are they?

If you wish to see my motive, I want to ensure that you are not a hypocrite as I seem to recall somewhere in history many prots burning witches alive... which is a fact you failed to mention.

Matthew 7:3 And why behold you the speck that is in your brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye?

Sorry, but I don't agree with your assessment of gingercat's post. Do you know what Jesus means when he said; "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit and neither can a bad tree bear good fruit."

So I submit that it is you who needs to first answer that because your answer will answer your own questions you posed to gingercat. :)

CatholicXian said:
or more recently, the woman who killed her pastor husband... etc.

That was a Pastor of the Church of Christ. My step Son went to Freed Hardman and his fiance knows the couple.

I am appauled at how we are being called a cult. The media will sink it's teeth into anything to destroy the Church.

CatholicXian said:

Yes, protestants have many flows but at least the pastors are not as evil as Catholic priests according to the media reports.

Media is not protestans. They don't care if they are Catholis or Protestants. They just report what is going on.

Protestants' crimes are mostly of followers' and not the pastors'. Catholics crimes are mostly priests', lady.

Besides, Protestants are watching each other so if someone does terrible things, mostlikely they speak up, unlike the Catholics.

It is not finger pointing. I am just being obedient to the Lord. The Bible tells us to expose the evil deeds of darkness.

You have been mentioning of chaos of protestants because they don't keep quite of evil deeds. It is healthy and Christian thing to do.

Answer, Yes we do. We have soup kitchen every Wednesday. It used to be on Thursday but my wife works on Thursday. Besides, it's a good way to get people to stay for worship and bible study. We also do food drives and are very active with the food bank.
Yes, as a matter of fact there are several of us that visit the jail house. I haven't been there since last summer, but I plan on returning soon.
Yes, we support the Church of Christ Care Center. I personally know many of the staff. Also, the local churches in the area take turns taking the teens to the care center to give gifts and visit the elderly.
Yes we do and I could rattle off a list that of activities that we support that span the globe. Two that are dear to my heart are the Timothy Childrens home in upstate NY and Shults Lewis Childrens home in Ind.

Tag, your it. Can you answer these qustions? Let us see your fruit so that your words are not hollow gongs.

The media does not just report what is going on... at least they've got you hooked on them. No, the media is not Protestant-- did I ever say they were? But the fact is, they are not Christian and don't give a rats behind about Christianity and are only interested in revealing the bad news, all the things wrong with the world that's going on--especially with Christianity and all religion. Only very rarely do you see a news story about something good in the world.

StoveBolts,
I am sorry to hear that story is more familiar to you than the rest of us, I know that must be hard to cope with-- especially with all the media buzz. It was not my intention to cause offense in bringing it up as an example.

Jillian,
No offence taken and in the manner that you use it, I also use it. It simply shows the bias of hateful people. Christian or not...

Again, can anyone here answer what Jesus means when he said; "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit"? If so, then the arguments here will be answered. :)

StoveBolts said:
gingercat,

Do you see everyone?

I have been confronted by many of my opposers so I have been giving testimony and exposing my and my family's private lives, They then turn around saying I am boasting. I don't mind repeating my testimony but it is getting kind of very old.

If you insist, I will repeat again, but I believe the readers getting tired of hearing my tetimony for the Lord. My and my family's work is all from the Lord, so I am very glad to repeat it and praise the Lord!!!!

This is our care facilities for the elderly. I know many of the people that run this.
http://www.cofccc.org/

This is Timothy Hill Childrens home. There is a room that is named after our daughter from a donation from her Nana.
http://www.timothyhillranch.org/

Here is Shults Lewis. Members of our congregation have went down there to assist in remodeling. Also, our teens go down once a year to mengle with the kids and help around the ranch. Recently, our church held a phone athon and we raised over $60,000 for the home.

http://shultslewis.org/

I am a part of the Forgoten man ministries along with a few other people from our congregation. Again, I have not ministered since last summer and I really need to get back to it. that being said, all denominations are urged to be a part of this ministry.

http://prisonministry.net/fmm

Since no one here has yet answered my question about what Jesus means when he said; "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit and neither can a bad tree bear good fruit," I will answer it for you.

A tree that is diseased at its core can never produce good fruit because, even if the fruit looks perfect and delicious on the outside, it can only be as diseased as the tree is on the inside.

And conversely, a tree that is healthy on the inside, even if its fruit looks old and wrinkled, the fruit will be as healthy on the inside as the tree is.

So you cannot judge a church or people by the outside, only the inside. And if the inside of a church preaches heresy, then the fruits of the church, no matter how good they look on the outside, can never be any better than the motives in the church.

As Jesus said; "If Beezelbub is head of the household, then how much more will the members of the household". And since satan himself masquerades as an angel of light, then so will his servants. We thus have to be very careful about who we judge is a good tree. The outside of the tree doesn't count in God's eyes, only the inside. And if the inside of the tree is good, then the outides will also be good. But if the outside is good, that doesn't necessarily mean the inside is also. :)

StoveBolts said:
This is our care facilities for the elderly. I know many of the people that run this.
http://www.cofccc.org/

This is Timothy Hill Childrens home. There is a room that is named after our daughter from a donation from her Nana.
http://www.timothyhillranch.org/

Here is Shults Lewis. Members of our congregation have went down there to assist in remodeling. Also, our teens go down once a year to mengle with the kids and help around the ranch. Recently, our church held a phone athon and we raised over $60,000 for the home.

http://shultslewis.org/

Noone asked you about yours', You asked mine. Do you really want me to repeat it?

I am a part of the Forgoten man ministries along with a few other people from our congregation. Again, I have not ministered since last summer and I really need to get back to it. that being said, all denominations are urged to be a part of this ministry.

http://prisonministry.net/fmm

Heidi said:
Again, can anyone here answer what Jesus means when he said; "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit"? If so, then the arguments here will be answered. :)

Is this inclusive to the Catholic church only? Can it not apply to other sects and cults?

Coffman said:
Verses 17, 18
Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but the corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Therefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

This teaching pertains primarily to the identification of false teachers whose true character is inevitably exposed by the results of their efforts. However cloaked with specious piety, however influential through personal charm, however marked by brilliant intellect or high educational attainment, or however distinguished in any other manner, false teachers are not to be trusted above the word of Christ. The teacher that divides and scatters the flock must be rejected. Evil fruits, or results, constitute certain and unmistakable identification with the "wolves" Jesus mentioned here.

Hatred is a fruit of the devil no matter how you dress it up. If you insist on bashing the Catholic faith, do so in a biblical manner that produces the fruits of the spirit, not the flesh. nuff said...

Since no one here has yet answered my question about what Jesus means when he said; "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit and neither can a bad tree bear good fruit," I will answer it for you.

A tree that is diseased at its core can never produce good fruit because, even if the fruit looks perfect and delicious on the outside, it can only be as diseased as the tree is on the inside.

And conversely, a tree that is healthy on the inside, even if its fruit looks old and wrinkled, the fruit will be as healthy on the inside as the tree is.

So you cannot judge a church or people by the outside, only the inside. And if the inside of a church preaches heresy, then the fruits of the church, no matter how good they look on the outside, can never be any better than the motives in the church.

As Jesus said; "If Beezelbub is head of the household, then how much more will the members of the household". And since satan himself masquerades as an angel of light, then so will his servants. We thus have to be very careful about who we judge is a good tree. The outside of the tree doesn't count in God's eyes, only the inside. And if the inside of the tree is good, then the outides will also be good. But if the outside is good, that doesn't necessarily mean the inside is also. :)

Heidi said:

So feeding and clothing people is wrong? What you are saying here is that the Catholic church should stop feeding and clothing the homeless and the starving people all across the world :o

Philippians 1:14-17 And many of the brethren in the Lord, becoming confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: The one preach Christ out of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defense of the gospel.

Philippians 1:18 What then? only that, every way, whether in pretense, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back