Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Chrislam?

How would/do you evangelize to Muslims?

I don't mainly because I don't know any around here...the few I've known I wasn't in much of a position to evangelize.

I do try to find common ground with the Buddhists, Sikhs, Jews, agnostics and atheists that I've known.

Naturally we must wear the full armor! That's why the Spirit gave it to us after all. :yes

Neither do I handy, so that makes your question hard to answer. I would hope no matter the situation that whatever I'd do would be in love and compassion, not sure about anything else.

I believe even as a seasoned Christian, one must ensure that they are wearing 'full armor". This is a situation in which Satan will surely wiggle his way in!

We are all called to minister differently. Paul to the Gentiles, Peter to the Jews.

Unity is not uniformity.

Grace and Peace.

There is only one gospel, so how or why should we minister differently? We are all supposed to be telling the same story.

I think he meant it in the form of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

A hand isnt a foot or a foot a hand so to speak.

Each part of the body has a different role through Christ Jesus.

There is only one gospel, so how or why should we minister differently? We are all supposed to be telling the same story.

2 Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

The Gospel is the good news that Jesus Christ, the seed of David was raised from the dead! Amen to the good news and yes, we need to spread this good news!

That being siad, we each minister and deliver the gospel differently, yet the message is the same. Christ is risen, and that's the good news.

Do we preach the gospel by brute force by demanding and condemning others for what we may perceive as their faults and thus brow beat them into submission, or do we accept people where they are at, find common truths and lead them further into the truth?

Paul was all things to all people that he might win a few of them. For those who have the gift, I say use it :)

You know, this made me just think about how patient Paul had to have been. I know handy will relate, but he had to of felt like us parents with teens. We want them to grow and mature on the right course, but they are only able to grasp small portions of reality at a time, which is why its so important how we lead our children.

Wow, Paul was a patient man for sure. No wonder he spent so much time in prayer.

2 Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

The Gospel is the good news that Jesus Christ, the seed of David was raised from the dead! Amen to the good news and yes, we need to spread this good news!

That being siad, we each minister and deliver the gospel differently, yet the message is the same. Christ is risen, and that's the good news.

Do we preach the gospel by brute force by demanding and condemning others for what we may perceive as their faults and thus brow beat them into submission, or do we accept people where they are at, find common truths and lead them further into the truth?

Paul was all things to all people that he might win a few of them. For those who have the gift, I say use it :)
Ok, I gotcha now, evidently just mis read something.

Ok, I gotcha now, evidently just mis read something.

Not a problem, hey, this is a forum. Happens all the time :lol

I think that's why I tried to affirm so many times that I am not for Chrislam. That is, for the two religions to mix their worship together. I also tried to get across the idea that we don't have to compromise our belief. But holding this truth, we need to understand that we can't expect them to compromise on what they believe to be true either, so on a one on one situation, we need to accept where they are, and not be combative with them. When we get combative with people of other faiths, we're not only ugly in their eyes, but they don't get a taste of the Joy we Christians experience.

Anyway, thanks for hanging in there and reading all my babble :lol

Chrislam – Christianity and Islam Can Never Merge

fhis article is being typed up on 5/24/11. The other night I was watching a prominent Christian teacher on TV and he then brought up a subject that I just about fell out of my chair on. He said there is now a growing movement within the extreme liberal end of the Body of Christ to try and unite Christianity with the false religion of Islam. The name they are using to describe this movement is – “Chrislam.â€

Just when you thought things could not get any more crazy, we now have this crazy demonic movement coming out of the woodwork and starting to gain more traction within the liberal end of the Body of Christ.

This teacher then went on to say that there were several liberal, Presbyterian ministers who had taken out all of the verses in the Bible about Jesus being the Son of God – and then gave this revised Bible to some of their missionaries so they would not offend any of the Muslims they would be preaching to, since the religion of Islam thinks it is blasphemous that God would have a Son.

Bottom line – to tell God the Father that Jesus Christ is no longer His only begotten Son just so we can appease a false, demonic religion is heresy and blasphemy at its absolute worst.

This may be my last post guys.. this saddens me.. think how the Lord must feel..

turnorburn

Chrislam - Christianity and Islam Can Never Merge

....against my fear of posting here, but since I was asked by 2 members to continue to address this, I will. I am not interested in a discussion of why this is so wrong....

Someone posted how all the accusations against Rick Warren were denied (go figure) and inaccurate, I will post the following. Chrislam is here, whether you want to believe that or not, it's up to you. Whether you want to believe warren is pushing it or not, really doesn't matter if you don't believe the Islamists are trying to take over our country. I personally believe it is what is going to be the One World Religion. I won't be here so it won't matter either. It's difficult for westerners to believe or fear a "religion" especially such a ==as our President Obama says is "peace loving" (just be sure to convert to Islam or their peace loving means they remove those who rebel) == but to imagine how a religion is a vehicle of a political party, well, that's unconscionable to us. However, it's the very reason Islam will win, because they are using our own liberties of "religion" against us. I think only the muslims who came to the USA for relief from the atrocities of Islamism can fight this adequately irl. Pray that they will.

WASHINGTON – Evangelical pastor Rick Warren told a crowd of some 8,000 Muslim Americans that he wasn’t satisfied with just talking to them.

“I will tell you that I am not interested in interfaith dialogue. I am interested in interfaith project. There is a big difference,” said Warren to attendees of the 46th annual Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) convention Saturday evening.

“Talk is very cheap. You can talk and talk and talk and never get anything done. Love is something you do,” Warren maintained. “It is something we do together.”

The convention's theme "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" w
as a call for pluralism and bridge-building between different faith communities in the US, symbolized by ISNA's selection of perhaps America's top Christian leader as the keynote speaker.

From al-Arabiya:
"I am not interested in interfaith dialogue, I am interested in interfaith projects," Warren said. "Talk is very cheap."
He urged the “two largest faiths on the planet” to work together to end the "the five global giants" of war, poverty, corruption, disease and illiteracy and form a coalition to end religious stereotyping and restore civility to society.
“Qurans will be placed in the pews next to the Bibles,” wrote Pastor Mike Sanderson in his personal blog:
The concept of Chrislam, now embraced by such preachers as Rick Warren … appears to have emerged from a program on the meaning of “love your neighbor” at Grace Fellowship Church in Atlanta, Georgia, “In 2001, like most Americans, we were pretty awakened to the true Islamic presence in the world and in the United States,” says Jon Stallsmith, the outreach minister at Grace Fellowship. “Jesus says we should love our neighbors. We can’t do that without having a relationship with them.”

Stallsmith maintains that a rapprochement between Muslims and Christians can be achieved by the fact that Jesus is mentioned twenty-five times in the Quran.

The Chrislam movement has gained impetus by statements from President George W. Bush and that Christians, Jews, and Muslims all worship the same God and by Rick Warren’s reference to Isa (the Muslim name for Jesus) in his prayer at the inauguration of President Barack Obama.

“The recent political developments and the fact that we’re fighting two wars in Muslim countries should sharpen that need to know how to talk to these guys,” Stallsmith insists “We want to find peace, reconciliation around a scriptural understanding of Jesus.”

Has bestselling author Rick Warren really endorsed a merging of Christianity and Islam?

Did Warren really pray in the “name of Isa?” Here is how he closed his prayer at the Obama Inaguruation:

I humbly ask this in the name of the one who changed my life, Yeshua, Isa, Jesus [Spanish pronunciation], Jesus, who taught us to pray …

http://www.chrislam.org/ for the main website

Btw... someone asked how to win a muslim. Just like you lead anyone... speak of Christ, of God's love, and keep the topic on HIM and WHO HE IS. There is no mention of a loving God in the q'oran...none. I've read an English translation of it. A muslim craves the LOVE of a God...and can we ever provide that! :heart

In fact, speak to a muslim and they will share how their god allah has many names, but the one main one allah took for himself is "the deceiver." They will tell you how allah has power and enjoys displaying it, relishes in showing his power and it doesn't matter if for good or harm, he does it to show off.
Those are a former muslim's words.

chrislam.org

American Churches to Embrace Chrislam on June 26, 2011 http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=5441

We are all called to minister differently. Paul to the Gentiles, Peter to the Jews.

Unity is not uniformity.

Grace and Peace.
:shocked!resistance is futile you will be assimalated.

the last time i witness to a muslim was a few weeks ago. he is one of the few muslims that i can say is non violient. he has a heart.

I shall resist this "Chrislam," Even if it kills be.

But it is true, Christianity and Islam can not be combined. Perhaps the two groups can get along sometimes, but the two religions are just too different.

:shocked!resistance is futile you will be assimalated.

the last time i witness to a muslim was a few weeks ago. he is one of the few muslims that i can say is non violient. he has a heart.

Like I said, it's not for everyone. But yes, of course he has a heart. He was created in God's image just like you and me.

:waving I'd be the one that posted Warren's denial that he is embracing Chrislam and since those postings are well buried in that thread, I'll repost here since it's been brought up again.

Before I do, let me explain why I feel it's worth posting Warren's response. Believe me, it's not because I delight in obnoxious contrariness, I truly don't.

But, since we are Christians it behooves us to check, recheck and check again things like this for several reasons. Not the least of which is the fact that we shouldn't be a party to bearing false witness. The blogosphere is chock full of wild accusations about everyone and we can't just take something we read and run with it as if it's as true as what within the pages of the Bible.

But, there is also this reason: If we build upon what isn't true when we speak out against things like Chrislam...and I emphatically agree that we need to take a stand against Chrislam...and the falsehood gets exposed, it weakens our entire argument as well as our ability to share the gospel. If we are sharing the gospel with someone caught up in Chrislam and go on about how Warren is supposed to be a Christian but is leading people astray...then the person we are trying to reach reads for himself what Warren has done and said, is he really going to listen to us anymore?

There is enough in Chrislam that Christians need to be focused on exposing. Whether or not Warren is pushing it is beside the point...Chrislam is out there and it deserves our attention. As long as Warren's embracing of it is in question, then we shouldn't bring him up in the discussion.

So, what has Warren said regarding his own involvement of Chrislam:

Several of the above comments are completely incorrect, based on believing 2nd hand false rumors instead of finding out the facts before speaking up. "Only a fool believes all he hears" Proverbs 14:15
The so-called "Chrislam" rumor is 100% false. If the guy who started this libelous myth, or anyone else who passed it on, had obeyed our Lord's command (Matt. 18:18-20) to come directly to me, and then asked what I actually believed – they would have been embarrassed to learn that I believe the exact opposite. As a 4th generation Christian pastor, my life & ministry is built on the truth that Jesus is the only way, and our inerrant Bible is our only true authority.
As an evangelist, I spend much of my time speaking to non-Christian groups. You cannot win your enemies to Christ; only your friends, so we must build bridges of friendship and love to those who believe differently so Jesus can walk across that bridge into their hearts. Besides, it is not a sin, but rather COMMANDED by Jesus that we love our enemies. In the past 10 years, Saddleback Church has baptized over 22,000 new adult believers – simply because we express love to those who don’t know Christ yet.
It is nonsense to believe that you must compromise your beliefs, or water down your convictions in order to love someone, or even just treat them with dignity.
Jesus was called "the friend of sinners" by the legalistic Pharisees because he hung out with (and clearly loved) unbelievers. I HOPE YOU will 1) Always believe that EVERYONE needs Jesus as their Lord & Savior. 2) Have the courage to associate with nonbelievers in order to love them and bring them to the Savior. 3) Consider being called "a friend of sinners" a Christ-like compliment. 4) Refuse to pass on rumors until you've checked for the truth with the person accused. The false statements above should be removed.
God bless you.
Rick Warren
As far as this:Did Warren really pray in the “name of Isa?†Here is how he closed his prayer at the Obama Inaguruation:
I humbly ask this in the name of the one who changed my life, Yeshua, Isa, Jesus [Spanish pronunciation], Jesus, who taught us to pray …

Well, good...great as a matter of fact. When Warren concluded his prayer in the name of Isa (sometimes spelled Esa) Muslims from all over the world would immediately recognized that he was praying in the name of Jesus.

Many well meaning Christians like Warren view "social justice" and working together with others of different faiths as not only a valid view of the Gospel, but they actually believe this is what Jesus would have them do and what the Bible teaches. I disagree with them, and if I were to ever have a sit down with Pastor Warren, I wouldn't hesitate to voice my concerns as to where the "social justice gospel" is leading. However, true Christians who do embrace the "social justice gospel" will still state, as Warren does, "that Jesus is the only way, and our inerrant Bible is our only true authority".

I don't think there is any evidence that Warren is either embracing or endorsing Chrislam. However, I do believe that Warren's brand of "Let's join hands and work together to solve society's ills" social justice is doomed to failure.

As for Chrislam...there seems to be a need for a "Wikipedia" type "disambiguation" of the term. Chrislam is an actual religion founded by two men who are arguing over which was the true founder which combines both the Bible and the Koran. It's a false religion and there is no salvation in it. It has about 1,500 followers.

Chrislam is also a group that is united to bring about peace and harmony to the nation of Lebanon. It's a political group but it's adherents talk about the "the divinely revealed religions" so it too fails the litmus test of Jesus being the One "Way, Truth and Life".

Chrislam is also aptly applied to a ecumenical movement within some Christians churches that have done things such as place Bible and Korans in pews. It's this brand of Chrislam that we Christians need to be most diligent about because this is the one that is worming it's way into well meaning, but misguided churches.

I think a source of where a lot of this is coming from is this:

http://encounteringislam.org/

This is a group that is dedicated to building bridges between Christians and Muslims and I believe that they are the group largely responsible for putting Korans in pews next to Bibles in the churches that use their material. The Encountering Islam site might seem innocous, except if one reads it with a mind of what's not being promoted. Look carefully through the site and look for the Gospel...it's not there. But, if one keeps looking for and clicking links, one will eventually come across this, which seems to be the core beliefs of what paying $300 for the Encountering Islam course will teach:

The 16 core ideas are:
1. God initiates and advances work in history to accomplish His purpose.
2. God calls His people to join Him in fulfilling His purpose.
3. God's purpose is to bless all peoples so that Christ will be served and glorified among all peoples.
4. God accomplishes His purpose by triumphing over evil in order to rescue and bless people and to establish His kingdom rule throughout the earth.
5. The Bible is a unified story of God's purpose.
6. God's work in history has continuity and will come to an ultimate culmination.
7. The Christian movement has brought about positive social transformation.
8. The mission task can and will be completed.
9. The world's population can be viewed in terms of people groups.
10. The progress of world evangelization can be assessed in terms of church-planting movements within people groups.
11. Completing the mission task requires the initiation and growth of church-planting movements that follow social avenues of influence.
12. Completing the task requires effective cross-cultural evangelism that follows communication patterns within cultures.
13. Completing the task requires strategic wholism in which community development is integrated with church planting.
14. Completing the task requires collaborative efforts of churches and mission agencies from diverse cultures and traditions.
15. God calls His people to embrace strategic sacrifice and suffering with Christ in order to accomplish His global purpose.
16. By participating in the world Christian movement, every believer can find a way to live with vital, strategic significance in God's global purpose.

http://www.perspectives.org/site/c.eqLLI0OFKrF/b.3448385/k.7491/Core_Ideas_of_Perspectives.htm
16 Core Ideas...and Jesus being the One true God and the Way, the Truth and the Life is significantly absent from the list.

Well, I'm not going to be unequally yoked with those who are liars only to cut our throats. They are much like other "cults" that use the same words as Christ followers but have different definitions.
Islamism is going to be the downfall of our countries, and our religion...and from the posts I've read about some boards, to some believers as well.
To top things off, as I was trying to move on from this so as not to be in still another debate on CF.net... I received this in an email. I didn't check each item out, but did two of them, yes, they've added arabic to language options and yes, Obama spent money to bring in Palestinians....if you believe snopes and their links. Yes, I had read last year that the intent was to take over communities, vote in local muslim politicians and then move them up in levels as they created more muslim communities. Smart people imo.
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]

. snopes.com: Palestinian Resettlement
•••
[SIZE=-1] President Obama issued an order 'allowing hundreds of thousands of Palestinians to resettle in the United States'?
...Claim: President Obama issued an order providing funds to "allow hundreds of thousands of Palestinians to resettle in the United States." Example:...
...President Barack Obama has signed an executive order presidential determination allowing hundreds of thousands of Palestinians to resettle in the United...
...Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States was signed on January 27 and appeared in the Federal Register on February 4. President...
Tue, 04 Oct 2011 11:46:29 GMT http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/palestinians.asp

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]Here's the email:

In Mark Gabriel's book Islam and Terrorism. He explains the phases of establishing Islam in a community. One community at a time.

Have we gone completely nuts!!?

THE CAMEL'S NOSE IS OFFICIALLY IN THE TENT IN MICHIGAN !!!
Muslim men are allowed to have as many as 4 wives. Many Muslims have immigrated into the U.S. And brought their 2-3-or 4 wives with them, but the U.S. Does not allow multi marriages, so the man lists one wife as his, and signs the other 2 or 3 up as extended family on welfare and other free Government programs!

Michiganhas the highest population of Muslims in the Unites States. When President Obama took office the United States paid several millions of dollars to have a large number of Palestinians, (All Muslim), immigrated here from Palestine . Why? I have no idea, do you! We dont pay for other persons to immigrate here, and Im sure that some of those Muslims moved into Michigan with the large current number of Muslims already established there.

So now in Michigan when you call the Public Assistance office you are told to Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Spanish, or Press 3 for Arabic!
Every time you add a new language to an American program it requires an additional number of persons fluent in that language to process those persons who refuse to learn English in order to live here at an additional cost to the taxpayer! Why are we even allowing persons to immigrate here who cannot provide for themselves, and putting them in our welfare system?

Press 3 for Arabic .
This is quite alarming!!! This seems to have happened clandestinely, for, as far as I know, no public announcement, or opportunity to vote on this was offered to the American people. They're just adopting an official stance, and very likely using tax-payer money for it, in various capacities, without public knowledge or approval.

The following link takes you into the State of Michigan Public Assistance page, (as in Food Stamps etc). You won't have to scroll far before you see the assistance-letters options for...(get this).....English, Spanish, and ARABIC !!!

When did the ARABIC option sneak into our culture? Will we soon have to listen to our governmental offices, stores, and other venues offer us the option of "pressing 3 for ARABIC?"

Check it out for yourself.

http://www.michigan.gov/dhs/0,1607,7-124-5453_5527---,00.html

Well, I'm not going to be unequally yoked with those who are liars only to cut our throats. They are much like other "cults" that use the same words as Christ followers but have different definitions.
I agree wholeheartedly. With this kind of "ecunemical movement" they will very much use words like "gospel", "love", "grace", "peace", "justice", "unity"....all sounds very much like what we are used to...but yep, definitely a new meaning to all of this. I know one thing, when I see supposedly Christian teachers expounding "diversity", "community", and "emergence" I start to back away....

As for the quiet movement of Islam in our neighborhoods...yep, to that too! One only needs to read some British newspapers to see where it's headed.

jeff, meruhallah shirzad truth be told is a lot like cornelius. i hate to say that but the man is that gentle at times.

that is what i meant. sadly few christians have that level of compassion.

Back