Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christ and His church are one!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just saying to give a few points at a time so they can be discussed easier. When post get very lengthy it is hard to keep up with all the points that are in it.

If you are asking me how to have a personal relationship with Christ leads me to believe you do not have one or you would not have to ask. Every Spiritually born again child of God who are indwelled with the Holy Spirit through the baptism of Christ has that personal relationship with Christ as we all came to know Him in our own personal ways. No individual person has the same relationship, witness and testimony as it is only theirs alone. It's the time we spend with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit who are one as we talk to them getting to know and understand their ways, their commands and the teachings they have already given us to learn and walk in as all three are one in God's spirit.
Jude 1:3 common salvation

Daniel 7:24, 25 and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, He will think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. The strength in Papal Rome is that of deceit and evil heresies that Satan works through to destroy everything that God has already established in His timing and Laws. Jesus upheld the laws demanding that the spirit as well as the legal aspects of the laws be observed. Jesus did not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill the law, Matthew 5:17-20. The chief tendency of the priesthood was to keep the gospels away from people and keep them under Roman Catholicism doctrine as being the full authority as the rule of life and belief.

The Papacy of the Roman Catholic Church has desecrated the ten commandments of God by changing the Sabbath to the first day of the week in support of Luciferians sun worship. The Pope claims to have inherited the title Pontifex Maximus (Pontiff) directly from Babylon. Another title is Vicarius Filii Dei meaning in the place of God as he calls himself the Holy Father and the only one who can forgive sin, Matthew 23:9. Rome’s catechism leaves out Gods second commandment as they worship many idols making various gods unto themselves as they bow down and worship them.

The Priesthood, catechism, the seven sacraments, praying to Mary, the stages of the cross, idol worshiping and the list goes on are all atrocities to God as the Roman Catholic Church takes on the form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof and turn away from God having corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith, 2 Timothy 3:1-9. The Papacy leads many into captivity whose names are not found in the Lamb’s book of life as they have no truth or understanding of Gods word. The success of the Roman Empire over the last two thousand years will be its demise in the end of days when God destroys their power as He sends it to the lake of fire forever as God establishes His Kingdom here on earth.

Dan 2:44​

Jesus was talking to Peter as they stood on the physical rock in Caesarea Philippi which was a rock literally filled with niches for pagan idols, where ungodly values dominated. It was there that Jesus asked Peter who he thought Jesus was and it was only by Gods Spirit that revealed to Peter that Jesus was the Christ (Messiah), Son of the living God, Matthew 16:13-18. Jesus said upon this rock (truth) I will build my Church and that the gates of hell will not prevail against it.

Are we not also to be that rock of witness (truth) as the Disciples were in their traveling witness of Christ as they taught others! So what has changed from this past time to the present is that many Christians compromise their own values and would never step foot into the gates of hell to confront the evil that is in this world. Many of our churches have become politically correct as to not step on any toes, because after all we do not want to offend anyone, but Jesus challenged his followers to be on the offense, to proclaim the truth without shame.

Gods true Church should become staging areas rather than fortresses; places that equip Gods people to confront a sinful world instead of hiding from it. Jesus knows that the pagan world will resist, but he challenges us to go there anyway, and to build his church in those very places that are most morally decayed. God’s word is never changing and will certainly never come back void.

Very unbiblical
There is only one church Jn 10:16 a A ll the rest are false manmade sects
Only Jesus build the church Matt 26:18 only on the apostles eph 2:20 that church is fortified with the light of divine revelation and grace and the power of the Holy Spirit even though it’s on Peter and the apostles the gates of hell shall not prevail Matt 16:18-19 and what they bind is bound

Very unbiblical
Only Jesus build the church Matt 26:18 only on the apostles eph 2:20 that church is fortified with the light of divine revelation and grace and the power of the Holy Spirit even though it’s on Peter and the apostles the gates of hell shall not prevail Matt 16:18-19 and what they bind is bound
The gates of Hell won't prevail against the truth. It is the truth of the identity of Christ that Jesus says is the "ROCK" upon which He built His Church.

Yes, there is one "Church", but the catholic perversion of Christianity is NOT that Church today. It may have been part of the real Church when it started, between 200 and 300 AD, but it certainly is not part of the real Church today. There are too many perversions of Biblical truth taught in the catholic cult for it to be a real Christian Church.
That is not to say there aren't some good people who believe in the catholic church, but "good" has never been the same as "righteous". There are many "good" people who are still black with sin and who are still condemned.

You are correct that there are many man made sects and "religions" that claim to be Christian, but are the same as pagans, (catholics, jw, lds, to name a few). And there are many who think they know God, and do great and mighty works in His name. While they may "know" God, unfortunately for them, at Judgement He will tell them that He NEVER knew them.

All of the Church are priests of God. There is no need for a "priesthood" to lord it over us, or to interpret God's Word to us. There is not a single Godly minister in the world who allows himself to be called "father", or "rabbi", or "reverend", or "pastor", or any other appellation. Anyone who does so has left Godly ministry behind in exchange for worldly honor. As Jesus said, they have received their reward (in this life, and there is nothing more awaiting them in the next).

The gates of Hell won't prevail against the truth. It is the truth of the identity of Christ that Jesus says is the "ROCK" upon which He built His Church.

Yes, there is one "Church", but the catholic perversion of Christianity is NOT that Church today. It may have been part of the real Church when it started, between 200 and 300 AD, but it certainly is not part of the real Church today. There are too many perversions of Biblical truth taught in the catholic cult for it to be a real Christian Church.
That is not to say there aren't some good people who believe in the catholic church, but "good" has never been the same as "righteous". There are many "good" people who are still black with sin and who are still condemned.

You are correct that there are many man made sects and "religions" that claim to be Christian, but are the same as pagans, (catholics, jw, lds, to name a few). And there are many who think they know God, and do great and mighty works in His name. While they may "know" God, unfortunately for them, at Judgement He will tell them that He NEVER knew them.

All of the Church are priests of God. There is no need for a "priesthood" to lord it over us, or to interpret God's Word to us. There is not a single Godly minister in the world who allows himself to be called "father", or "rabbi", or "reverend", or "pastor", or any other appellation. Anyone who does so has left Godly ministry behind in exchange for worldly honor. As Jesus said, they have received their reward (in this life, and there is nothing more awaiting them in the next).
Heb7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Not according to the royal priesthood

must be Christ who founds and builds the church and on the person of peter and the apostles

Christ founded the church on Peter!
And the apostles!
Matt 16:18 eph 2:20 Jn 20:21-23

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

You CANNOT give the keys (jurisdictional authority) to a confession but to a person! Peter
Vs 19 I give unto thee (Peter) thou shalt bind (Peter) thou shalt loose (Peter)

Only the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors and those members of Christ by faith and baptism United with them, the communion of the saints
Jn 16:10 matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23
Jn 10:16

Ephesians 5:32
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

The office of apostle that has the three fold office, to teach: to govern the church: and to sanctify by the sacraments or sacred oaths (promises) of the father! Acts 2:38-39 with ez 36:25-27 Heb 8:6

Teaching authority of Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles

1 Peter 3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

Jude 1: 17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

The holy church does not usurp Christ’s authority, the holy church establishes it throughout the whole world, and thru all time!

The holy apostles do not usurp Christ’s kingdom, the apostles administer the kingdom for Christ who ascended to heaven!

Ephesians 3:21
Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Ephesians 5:24
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ...

Christ and His church are one, what Christ did the church continues to do, the church is an extension of Christ!
To attack the church is to attack Christ!
Acts 9:4

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

2 Tim 3: 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Teaching authority of the Apostles and their successors founded in the one true church by Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ is the head of the church, (eph 5:23) the body of Christ,
(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) holy mother church replaced Israel Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33) Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, (1 Tim 2:5 & Heb 12:24) but a mediator remains on earth mediating between God and His people, but Christ ascended to heaven, (acts 1) before He did He founded His church, on Peter, and the apostles, and their successors!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Matt 16:17-19

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

Must be taught by the holy church by the apostles! Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Acts 2:42

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Very unbiblical
Very Biblical.

Matthew 16:13-20 is about Peter confessing Jesus as the Son of God, Messiah come. Christ builds His church, body of Christ, on the confession of our faith in Him.

Upon this rock means you are Peter and upon your confession of faith I will build my Church. It wasn't Peter, but that of his confession of faith.

Heb7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Not according to the royal priesthood

must be Christ who founds and builds the church and on the person of peter and the apostles

Christ founded the church on Peter!
And the apostles!
Matt 16:18 eph 2:20 Jn 20:21-23
Yes, Jesus is our High Priest, and ALL of the members of the Church are priests under Him. There is not special "priesthood" as the catholics worship.

As I have tried to explain (but you refuse to understand, so this will be my last comment on this particular point), Jesus was not talking about Peter (Petros - a loose stone that can be moved) when He said "... On this ROCK (petra - a rock that is attached to the Earth, immovable) I will build my Church." Strong's Greek Dictionary says, "4073 pétra (a feminine noun) – "a mass of connected rock," which is distinct from 4074 (Pétros) which is "a detached stone or boulder" (A-S). 4073 (pétra) is a "solid or native rock, rising up through the earth" (Souter) – a huge mass of rock (a boulder), such as a projecting cliff."

Jesus is making a pun, a word game, with petra and petros. He called Simon the petros (from which we get Peter) the loose, movable stone, but He said He would build His Church on the petra, the immovable foundation of Himself (and the confession of who He is).

The Apostles were certainly the first, most important, and most authoritative of Jesus' followers. The Holy Spirit moved through them to write the words of God so that we have them almost 2000 years after they were written. But they were not "popes". They were not infallible (Paul condemned Peter for his sin of hypocrisy (Gal 2:11 and following). They were just great men of faith and courage who honored God more than physical comfort, family, wealth, or any worldly thing.

You CANNOT give the keys (jurisdictional authority) to a confession but to a person! Peter
Vs 19 I give unto thee (Peter) thou shalt bind (Peter) thou shalt loose (Peter)
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

None of us have jurisdictional authority on our own as that comes only by us confessing Christ as Lord and Savior like Peter did and by God's grace He gives us His keys (power and authority) over the principalities of this world as we are more than conquerors through Christ and not of our self.

If you then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth for you are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you also appear with him in glory. Colossians 3:1-4.

God's true Church being the body of Christ, not denominations or non-denominations with He being the head of the body is founded on Christ and our confession of faith.

The office of apostle that has the three fold office, to teach: to govern the church: and to sanctify by the sacraments or sacred oaths (promises) of the father! Acts 2:38-39 with ez 36:25-27 Heb 8:6
The Spiritual gift Apostle is present where the Spirit appoints certain Spiritually born again Christians to lead, inspire and develop the churches of God by the proclamation and the teaching of the true doctrines of Christ for what He has already taught.

What are these sacred oaths you mentioned and where can I find them in scripture?

Jude 1:3, if you read the full context from 1:3-16 this is speaking about judgement on false teachers.

What do you define as common salvation?
One savior for the entire communion of saints, there are no personal covenants
Thanks for sharing
Sorry for the late response at work you know

The Spiritual gift Apostle is present where the Spirit appoints certain Spiritually born again Christians to lead, inspire and develop the churches of God by the proclamation and the teaching of the true doctrines of Christ for what He has already taught.

What are these sacred oaths you mentioned and where can I find them in scripture?
Ez 36:25-27
Christ has all authority Matt 28:-18-20
He appointed apostles successors and the apostles have the same authority so they appoint more apostles Jn 20:21-23

This is nothing more than your indoctrination as this is not found in scripture. Only Christ is our mediator before God on our behave, not the Pope.
Indoctrination no not capable not even a teacher I just share the Bible as I understand
Christ is still in charge Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing
He is the only savior and mediator
And the church operates in the power of the Holy Spirit acts 8 for example
Isa 22:21-22 the king appoint a prime minister to administer the kingdom he is called father and has the keys of the kingdom Matt 16:18 Lk 1/32-33

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Only the church has authority from Christ to define the truth and teach!
Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Hope this helps

Spiritually authority only comes from the Holy Spirit of God
That would result in spiritual anarchy
God always establishes order thru obedience to hierarchical authority
In the Bible Christ has all authority Matt 28:18-20
Christ sent apostles with His same authority Jn 20:21-22 and they send apostles acts 1 mattias chosen
Matt 28:19 app remain until the end, behold I am with you until the end

That would result in spiritual anarchy
God always establishes order thru obedience to hierarchical authority
In the Bible Christ has all authority Matt 28:18-20
Christ sent apostles with His same authority Jn 20:21-22 and they send apostles acts 1 mattias chosen
Matt 28:19 app remain until the end, behold I am with you until the end
So hierarchal authority out weighs the Holy Ghost?
Yikes !

So hierarchal authority out weighs the Holy Ghost?
Yikes !
No Christ is in charge of his church Matt 28:19 behold I am with you (the apostles) till the end Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing, eph 1:22 and 5:24 all by the power and direction of the Holy Spirit

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

No Christ is in charge of his church Matt 28:19 behold I am with you (the apostles) till the end Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing, eph 1:22 and 5:24 all by the power and direction of the Holy Spirit

Then we can agree that the "authorities" will not countermand what Jesus and the Holy Ghost say, ever.
Like, for instance, "And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." (Matt 23:9)

Then we can agree that the "authorities" will not countermand what Jesus and the Holy Ghost say, ever.
Like, for instance, "And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." (Matt 23:9)
Call no man father

Biblical understanding

Matt 23:9
Call no man Father?

Is this an absolute requirement?
Or is Our Savior condemning pride and spiritual pride of the Pharisees?

God calls men father!

Ex 3:6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

Jesus calls men father!

Jn 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

Mary calls men father!

Lk 1:55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Peter calls men father!

Acts3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

The stephen calls men father!

Acts 7 Stephen quotes the fathers over and over!

The Bible calls men father!

Luke 16:24
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Then there is spiritual fathers!

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Peter, Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

Isa 22 the administrator of the kingdom is called father, so the same for Peter, the apostles, and their successors!

Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Eph 3: 14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

every family in heaven and on earth is named from the “Father.” We are fathers in the Father.

Acts 7:2; 22:1, 1 John 2:13 – elders of the Church are called “fathers.” Therefore, we should ask the question, “Why don’t Protestants call their pastors “father?”

1 Cor. 4:17 – Paul calls Bishop Timothy a beloved and faithful “child” in the Lord.

2 Cor. 12:14 – Paul describes his role as parent over his “children” the Corinthians.

Phil. 2:22 – Paul calls Timothy’s service to him as a son serves a “father.”

1 Thess. 2:11- Paul compares the Church elders’ ministry to the people like a father with his children.

1 Tim. 1:2,18; 2 Tim. 1:2-3 – Paul calls Timothy his true “child” in the faith and his son.

Titus 1:4 – Paul calls Titus his true “child” in a common faith. Priests are our spiritual fathers in the family of God.

Philemon 10 – Paul says he has become the “father” of Onesimus.

Heb. 12:7,9 – emphasizes our earthly “fathers.” But these are not just biological but also spiritual (the priests of the Church).

1 Peter 5:13 – Peter refers to himself as father by calling Mark his “son.”

1 John 2:1,1 John 2:13,14 – John calls the elders of the Church “fathers.”

Isa 22:21-22 the prime minister who administer the kingdom under the king in the line of david Lk 1:32-23 has the title father and hold the keys Matt 16:18

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back