Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christ applies redemption as well!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Makes us dead to the Law !

Rom 7:4

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Did you know that everyone Christ died for are born into this world as sinners like other people, the exception being however, they are dead to the Law. Now how are they dead to the Law ? No its not by Faith, its not by repentance, its not by water baptism, its not even by New Birth, its not by obeying anything, its solely by the Body of Christ, meaning His Death ! Yes His Death made them dead to the Law in that it cannot condemn them ever, not it cannot curse them, because it[Christ's Death] has also redeemed them from the curse of the Law, simply because He by His Death was made a curse for them, every one He died for. Gal 3:13 !

Now because this is True, No one Christ died for can be under God's condemnation at all as these are Jn 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

That word condemned is the greek word κρίνω :

I judge, whether in a law-court or privately: sometimes with cognate nouns emphasizing the notion of the verb, (b) I decide, I think (it) good.

It means to judge, to decide:

typically refers to making a determination of right or wrong (innocence or guilt),

The ones not believing here are in a continual state of condemnation or Judgment, the word condemned is also in the perfect tense, they were condemned in a the past and it continues into the present, and that is the reason why they are not believing.

Now this cannot be for anyone Christ died for because Christ took their condemnation upon Himself, in their behalf.

Remember Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

The word curse katara:

cursing; a curse; meton: a doomed one:

properly, what has "to go down" (penalties received) due to condemnation, i.e. the penalty-curse that results when God Himself curses (condemns) something.

See that ? Christ's death has redeemed everyone He died for from condemnation of any kind at the Hands of God's Law and Justice !

So its impossible for the unbelieving in Jn 3:18 to be anyone Christ died for, in fact, that's why they shall remain permanently in unbelief because Christ did not die for them !

Again, this being dead to the Law and redeemed from the curse of the Law for those Christ died for is not because they repent or because they believe, or perform any type of Gospel obedience, but solely because of the Body of Christ being made a curse for them !

Now I know this is a truth that unbelieving religious world cannot accept, but its Truth anyway ! 21

By His Stripes ye were healed !

1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

This is one of the most damaging verses to the false claims of the antichrist teachers, that state that Christ's Death alone or here called His Stripes, does not save those He died for ! One of the meanings of the word healed here is to bring about ones Salvation, to effect it. Its the greek word iaomai:

I heal, generally of the physical, sometimes of spiritual, disease.

iáomai (a primitive verb, NAS dictionary) – healing, particularly as supernatural and bringing attention to the Lord Himself as the Great Physician (cf. Is 53:4,5).

The word is used in Lk 17:15

15 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,

/iáomai ("to heal") draws the attention to the Lord, the supernatural Healer, i.e. beyond the physical healing itself and its benefits

The Death of Christ alone emits or sends forth a Supernatural healing unto those He died for !

It means :

to make whole i. e. to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation: Matthew 13:15; John 12:40; Acts 28:27 (from Isaiah 6:10)

In other words, His Stripes causes, effects, brings about the Spiritual conversion of all for whom He died, that's Salvation !

Now Peter by Inspiration of God credits solely the Death of Christ, or His Stripes for the Salvation of the Believers He wrote to !

Again this Truth is damaging to the false witness of those who say, the death of Christ does not save anyone ! It makes them a Liar !21

By His Stripes ye were healed ! 2

By His stripes ye were healed means, the punishment due to the sins of those whom sins Christ bare 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

That punishment, God's Wrath due unto their sins, it shall never fall upon them, they shall never have to bear that wrath themselves in their own persons, unless for them Jesus bore their sins in vain, which if that be the case, then by His stripes they were not healed. You see they are only healed if the punishment they deserved for their sins has been taken away by the stripes of Christ, but if someone or some how ,one for whom He died does die in unbelief and their sins as Per those Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Then God's Justice must be questioned, and the Truth of Christ Himself must be questioned when He saith upon the Cross these words Jn 19:30

30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

What is finished ? That our transgressions, their due punishment is finished Dan 9:24

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

That word finish in Jn 19:30 is the greek word Teleo and it means :

to bring to a close, to finish, to end passed, finished

to perform, execute, complete, fulfil, (so that the thing done corresponds to what has been said, the order, command etc.) with special reference to the subject matter, to carry out the contents of a command
with reference also to the form, to do just as commanded, and generally involving the notion of time, to perform the last act which completes a process, to accomplish, fulfil

to pay of tribute

"It is finished or paid" John 19:30

All the punishment due to their sins against God's Law and Justice has been paid in full, there is nothing else due but healing, now they must according to the Divine Justice, must be made whole.

To heal means these things occur:

understand with their heart, and should be converted; that is, see the evidence of miracles, take in the truth of doctrine, understand the meaning of prophecy, and so be turned from darkness, ignorance, and unbelief, to light, knowledge, and faith: See John Gill on Acts 28:27

In other words, everything needed for full Gospel conversion and Faith in Christ is supplied and effected by His Stripes ! To deny this is to deny His victorious death !

That He might bring us to God !

1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Did you know that sinners being converted to God in Faith and Repentance is one of the main purposes of Christ's death " being put to death in the flesh"

And His Resurrection, that all for whom He died might be returned unto God ! Remember it is written Isa 53:6

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all[He was put to death for their iniquities].

Now " the all we who went astray here as the prophet has written" it was all of them that Christ's being put to death in the flesh was to bring back or return to God ! He was as their Shepherd return them back to God, and if each one of them is not brought back or returned to God as it is stated here 1 Pet 2:25

25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

That word returned is Epistrepho and means :

to cause to return, to bring back

Now if each one of those who went astray are not returned back, 100% of them then God's Purpose in Christ's Death and Resurrection has failed, its as simple as that !

The same as, if Christ does not seek and save all that were Lost Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. The same ones as in Isa 53:6 who went astray :

If He does not both seek and save 100 % of those He was to seek and to save, then He is a failure in the Fathers Mission, and everyone who teaches that Christ does not save all whom He came to seek, 100 % of them, you are guilty of calling Him a Failure, and its no way around it, and you must answer to it in the day of Judgment !21

Put away sin for those He died !

Heb 9:26

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

The word put away in the greek is Athetesis:

abolition, disannulling, put away, rejection

These are very strong words as to what Christ's death accomplished against the sins of those He died for , abolition further means:

to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void, for this is what Daniels Prophecy foretold Dan 9:24

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

To annul means:

(especially of laws or other established rules, usages, etc.) to make void or null; abolish; cancel; invalidate: to annul a marriage.

to reduce to nothing; obliterate.

The Truth here basically, Christ's death alone, for all whom He died, hath cancelled the debt that their sins owed to the Law and Justice of God, for God now has nothing to punish them for, not even unbelief since it was a consequence of their sin ! All penalties against their sins must be cancelled because of the Death of Christ.

For He by the sacrifice of Himself for them hath put away their punishment due unto all their sins, beginning in Adam and all their personal sins thereafter as indicated here Rom 5:16

16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

All the wrath and punishment due to all their offences and guilt, He hath put away the penalty of them which was death Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That death they owed is no longer owed, its put away, the only thing owed them now is Eternal Life through or because of Christ !

The penalty of their sins and all of its consequences, death, unbelief have been done away with. Its like Paul wrote here 2 Tim 1:10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

If He died for one, He is their Saviour, and if He is ones Saviour, then for them He has abolished death, in all facets of it, Spiritual, Eternal, and Physical, in fact some for whom He died will not even experience physical death, those who are alive at His Coming 1 Cor 15:51-52

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep or die physically, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

All for whom Christ died, death has been abolished, it is no more an option, they must Live, its due unto them through Christ's Work for them. Yes they are naturally born into Spiritual death, however Spiritual life is due them because of the consequences of Christ's death for them, so they are born in order to Live unto God in the day of their visitation !

Glorying in the Cross not freewill of man !

Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by [The Cross] whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Christ's death, His crucifixion for those He died for produced results unto them, for by its Power it establishes them in a Right Spiritual Relationship with God, it delivers them from this present evil world according to the Will of God Gal 1:3-5

3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

You see the purpose of His death was to deliver from this present evil world, and that my friends is why Paul said that He glories in the Cross, because by it he has been crucified to the world and the world to him, he was delivered from it , not by freewill, but by His Cross !

That word deliver means:

I.
to pluck out, draw out, i.e. root out
II.
to choose out (for one's self), select, one person from many

III.
to rescue, deliver

4 Who gave (yielded) Himself up [to atone] for our sins [and to save and sanctify us], in order to rescue and deliver us from this present wicked age and world order, in accordance with the will and purpose and plan of our God and Father—AMP

Yes being delivered from this present evil world is the same as Paul saying in Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

They are or will be delivered from a false religious world system, a friendship with the world James 4:4

4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

1 Jn 2:15

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Glorying in the Cross not freewill of man ! 2

See the word world many times in the NT scriptures means false religion or the religious ways of the world, like here Col 2:8,20

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

That's what Paul means by being crucified to the world by the Cross Gal 6:14

Then we have statements by Christ Himself saying to His disciples Jn 15:18-20

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

The world in this passage is not the irreligious world of pimps, prostitutes, drug attacks, fornicators, thieves and drunkards and so on, but the world here is satanic inspired religion, like as in this case the very religious Pharisees of apostate Judaism !

The world here again are those in the synagogues Jn 16:1-2

These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

This is the hate from the world that Christ mostly encountered, and what His disciples would encounter, and Jesus calls this the world !

Lets recall saul, later Paul and recall the hate he had against True Christianity Acts 9:1-2

And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

Then he was of the World, but not in a irrelious way, for remember he stated Phil 3:4-6

4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

and then Gal 1:13-14

13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

See, he was not a fornicator, a drunkard and robber, but a exceedingly zealous religious man, probably with the most upright character and morals the flesh can mustard up ! Yet all that was nothing but being part of the world against Christ, and that's mainly the world that Paul is speaking of in Gal 6:14, that not his freewill decision to accept Christ delivered him from it, but the Cross of Christ did, and not only Paul, but it [THE CROSS] delivers all for whom He died from the World, and is every True Christians Boast, and not their so called freewill ! Either the Cross is ones boast or ones freewill, sorry but it cannot be both !

Glorying in the Cross not freewill of man ! 2

See the word world many times in the NT scriptures means false religion or the religious ways of the world, like here Col 2:8,20

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

That's what Paul means by being crucified to the world by the Cross Gal 6:14

Then we have statements by Christ Himself saying to His disciples Jn 15:18-20

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

The world in this passage is not the irreligious world of pimps, prostitutes, drug attacks, fornicators, thieves and drunkards and so on, but the world here is satanic inspired religion, like as in this case the very religious Pharisees of apostate Judaism !

The world here again are those in the synagogues Jn 16:1-2

These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

This is the hate from the world that Christ mostly encountered, and what His disciples would encounter, and Jesus calls this the world !

Lets recall saul, later Paul and recall the hate he had against True Christianity Acts 9:1-2

And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

Then he was of the World, but not in a irrelious way, for remember he stated Phil 3:4-6

and then Gal 1:13-14

13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

See, he was not a fornicator, a drunkard and robber, but a exceedingly zealous religious man, probably with the most upright character and morals the flesh can mustard up ! Yet all that was nothing but being part of the world against Christ, and that's mainly the world that Paul is speaking of in Gal 6:14, that not his freewill decision to accept Christ delivered him from it, but the Cross of Christ did, and not only Paul, but it [THE CROSS] delivers all for whom He died from the World, and is every True Christians Boast, and not their so called freewill ! Either the Cross is ones boast or ones freewill, sorry but it cannot be both !

Only those who hear and believe the good news of Jesus Christ will be saved.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

How can a person believe in Him if they have never heard of Him?

• How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed?
  • And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard?
  • And how shall they hear without a preacher? Romans 10:14

Please answer these three direct biblical questions?

JLB

Glorying in the Cross not freewill of man ! 3

Also when stated that those whom Christ died for are redeemed BY HIS BLOOD from a vain conversation received from their fathers 1 Pet 1:18-20

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from or away from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

That's why its impossible for the false teachers in 2 Pet 2:1

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Its impossible for them to have been redeemed by Christ's Blood, for His Blood would redeem them out of false religion, as it does from all iniquity Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from apo all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

That word from apo is the greek prep which means:

of separation of local separation, after verbs of motion from a place i.e. of departing, of fleeing, ...
of separation of a part from the whole where of a whole some part is taken

of any kind of separation of one thing from another by which the union or fellowship of the two is destroyed

The redeemed one by the blood will be separated from false teachers, or they will separate from true believers like 1 Jn 2:19

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Now these things Titus 2:14; 1 Pet 1:18 are the result and effect of Christ Crucified, not a maybe or possible result, but a sure result, and so True Believers shall Glory in the Cross as Paul saith here Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.22

With Him we receive all things to be saved !

Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Notice, how shall He not with Him ALSO freely give us all things ! The Us here are those whom Christ was delivered up for, every last one of them. Remember He was delivered for their offences Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

So when God gave His Son for those He did die for Jn 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

When God gave His Son for that World of People in Jn 3:16, He gave also with Him, that word with the prep syn means accompany or come along with, to join !

In other words With God giving Christ for those He gave Him for, Joined with Giving Christ was also all things given freely that results in their full and complete Salvation, as the writer of Hebrews indicate Heb 6:9

9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation or Christ, though we thus speak.

Christ is Our Salvation if we are indeed saved ! Ps 68:20

He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto God the Lord belong the issues from death.

Christ in His Death was given as a Covenant of the People Isa 42:6-7

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

With Christ He gives them Spiritual Sight, opens up their spiritually blind eyes to See the Son, their Covenant Jn 6:40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

You have to see Him to believe on Him, and so is given them release from the prison of unbelief and spiritual darkness.

See unbelief is an imprisonment. Paul writes in Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

That word concluded is the greek word sygkleiō and it means:

I.to shut up together, enclose

II.to shut up on all sides, shut up completely

That's an imprisonment, God's Judgment for sin in Adam was to imprison, consign , enclose them in Unbelief or dispbedience for a Purpose of having mercy on them, through Christ being given to them a Covenant, and His Death shall be credited with bringing them out of the prison of unbelief and disobedience !

Also included in that giving them all things with Christ Rom 8:32, He gives them a New Heart to Believe Ezekiel 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

That's How they come to believe and Repent, because by giving them a New Heart and putting His Spirit in them, He causes them to keep His commandments and DO THEM !

So you see, everything for Salvation and living unto God was given along with Christ Rom 8:32 !

I know the followers of antichrist cannot receive this blessed Truth !

Christ's Own Testimony !

Christ's own testimony is that His death alone saves those He died for, by this He speaks in Jn 12:23-24

23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Jesus here is stating how the Son of man shall be Glorified, by indicating the sure effects of His Death of His dying. He is that Corn of wheat that which fall into the Ground and dies [signifying His Death] and by that bringeth forth fruit much fruit !

This fruit that His dying produces is Salvation, the Conversion of Souls, New Life ! To deny this is to deny His very words, and shows that we are against Him and His Cross, its in fact antichrist !22

The Basis for Spiritual Life !

Christ's Finished Work for those He died for, is the basis for the Spirits Work for them and in them. Christ's Work for them by the Cross , is what makes them Righteous before God's Law and Justice as though they never have sinned Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. or

Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied;
by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant,
make many to be accounted righteous,
and he shall bear their iniquities.

Rom 5:19b

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

And based on that, the Holy Spirit must do a work in them by first showing them the finished work and the Righteousness that it put upon their account, this He does by the Instrumentality of the Gospel Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

That Righteousness of God revealed to Faith, is the Righteousness that was imputed to ones account because of the Finished work of Christ that put away their sins that had been imputed to Him 2 Cor 5:21 , The Spirit shows that finished Work to sinners Christ died for, when He also gives them New Life !

Prophet, Priest, and King !

The Lord Jesus Christ in His Mediatorial Person, as Prophet, Priest, and King , is the same for all those He died for. He is certainly their Great High Priest, who gave Himself a sacrifice for them Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

He was Christ their sacrifice 1 Cor 5:7

7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Now if He was Our Sacrifice as High Priest, He must be our King, for in this He is the Anti Type of Melchizadek, and as King, He shall rule and apply the Benefits of His Death / Sacrifice, He has all power to do that, why else would He mention that fact of Himself having all power in Heaven and Earth, when sending His Messengers out into the World to Evangelize those He is a High Priest unto Matt 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

This automatically implies they will be in a teachable condition Spiritually !

Also, He is their Prophet to give them Spiritual Knowledge of their Salvation through Him Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

The word light means: spiritual light of instruction ! The word teach in Matt 28:19 Matheteuo it means the same thing, to instruct !

This is world wide because His Covenant People are in all nations ! Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people[jew and gentile alike] by the remission of their sins,

This giving knowledge is also instruction, for the word Instruct means:

to furnish with knowledge, especially by a systematic method; teach; train; educate.

Jn 1:9

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Every man here is limited to the Covenant People, The Elect of God out of all the world, The word lighteth Photizo also means:

to enlighten, spiritually, imbue with saving knowledge to instruct, to inform, teach
to give understanding to

Jn 1:9 and Lk 1:77 are speaking of the same thing, to the same People !

All for whom sins He died as High Priest, He gives them as their Prophet a Saving Knowledge of it !

So all of what He is as their Covenant Mediator, Prophet, King and Priest has been engaged on their behalf, in their Redemption and Salvation !

Lest it all be in vain !

All for whom Christ died , the True Christ of scripture that is, and not the christ of freewillism and arminianism, it [His Death/ Blood] would be in vain if everyone He died for did not have it sprinkled [applied] to their conscience by the Holy Spirit of Promise; Peter therefore writes 1 Pet 1:1:1-2

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

BTW, this verse condemns much error, because it actually means that the Blood of Christ, and its Blessings are Applied to those it was shed for by the Spirit causing Gospel Obedience !

Heb 12:24

24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Christ's death is the death of the testator Heb 9:16-17, and so the blood of the New Testament must be applied to the beneficiaries, which are all of the Many of Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

This Blood Sprinkling was not just for jews whom Christ would die for, but for people in many nations Isa 52:13-15

13 Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled [His Resurrection and Exaltation out of the dead], and be very high [At the Right Hand of God].

14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

15 So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.

The significance of this is because of the Abrahamic Covenant Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

The Sprinkling is a Spiritual Application by the Spirit, which is a Blessing of Abraham unto the elect Gentiles of Abraham's Seed Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Hence the Sprinkling of the Blood of Jesus Christ is connected to the Spirit 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

And this Blood Sprinkling by the Spirit is applied to the conscious of all of the Many who had an interest in His Blood Shed, the redeemed of the Covenant Heb 9:13-14

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Its impossible to be among the Many here Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

And it not result in the application here Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?22

Lest it all be in vain ! 2

Its impossible to be among the Many here Matt 26:28

And it not result in the application here Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

If any for whom Christ shed His Blood for Mk 14:24

And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

If anyone of them in time, does not begin to Live by Faith, or as Heb 9:14 says " to serve the living God"

Because of it [The Shed blood for them] then the blood of Christ has failed its purpose of God . You see, every one it was shed for should become one of these Rev 1:5-6

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Yes, that's there serving the Living God as promised by Heb 9:14 as the effects of the shedding of His Blood for them !

Again if it does not occur for any one of the Many, non performance has occurred for something due and required.

For His Blood is the Blood of sprinkling, meaning it would be shed in vain if not applied to those He shed it for, for it is written, He shall sprinkle many nations !

Christ's Death Turns us from Iniquity !

Acts 3:25-26

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

The Resurrected Christ turns EVERY ONE OF THEM, of those He died for, Turns them away from their Sins, Other words , gives them Repentance !

Thats part of the Blessing of Abraham Promised, Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Part of the being blessed, and a major part, is that of being Turned away from our sins, for that it was connected to the Blessing of Abraham, Peter makes plain lets read Acts 3:20-26

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

The promised to be blessed in Vs 25 is the fufilled through Christ, Abraham's Seed [Gal 3:16] here in Vs 26, Christ through His Redemptive Work, His Death, and having been raised up, He blesses Abraham's Seed, in turning each and every one of them away from their sins.

Now True, Peter at this specific time was preaching at a remnant of jews, however, he stills quotes a Divine Promise in the connection thereof that applies to Gentiles, when He spake these words Acts 3:25

Paul under the inspiration of God applies the very same words to the Gentiles Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

However these heathen Gentiles also belonged to the Seed of Abraham, for remember, God made Abraham a Father of many nations Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

So therefore the Promise to turn every one of them [the seed] away from their sins, did also apply to Abraham's Seed among the Heathen, thats why Peter says here Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Thats what " turning away every one of you from his iniquities." being turned away from ones sins denotes, that we have been Granted Repentance from God through Jesus Christ, and consequently, all believers through Christ, jew or Gentile, are Abraham's Seed and Heirs according to Promise Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

One of those Promises being Acts 3:25-26

By His Stripes they are healed/ saved !

Sure Peter is writing to believers, that needs be since without believing, their is no evidence that Christ death saved or healed you.

Stripes in this verse goes without saying means His Death it is a Synecdoche, and it effects healing or saving !

The greek word for healed here is iaomai and means:

I.
to cure, heal

II.
to make whole
A.
to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation

Here are verses as it , the word heal pertains to Salvation/ Conversion :

Matt 13:15

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Jn 12:40

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Acts 28:27

27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

The english word healed means :

to free from evil; cleanse; purify: to heal the soul.

Also the word saved here Eph 2:5

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

The greek word here is sōzō and means:

I.to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction
A.
one (from injury or peril)
i.
to save a suffering one (from perishing), i.e. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health

So Peter here in 1 Pet 2:24 is saying without question to believers, your conversion to God, your Salvation is the healing effects of His Stripes for you, or His Death for you !

Those Christ died for, His Stripes alone saved them from their sins, its penalty, its power because it effects your conversion to God, and so for this cause, the Gospel is sent to such to inform them of their Salvation, so to them it is the Gospel of their Salvation plain and simple Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

The Gospel of ones Salvation is logically sent to those whom Christ's stripes healed or saved, for that is why it is the Gospel of their Salvation ! And they hear it because they have ears to hear Matt 13:15

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Paul said they heard the word of Truth Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

The word heard here in Eph 1:13 is the same word for hear in Matt 13:15

But only the Healed one from Christ's Stripes 1 Pet 2:24 shall hear the Gospel of their Salvation to convert them !

1 Pet 2:24 very damaging to the antichrist lie that Christ's death/ stripes alone does not cause ones Salvation, Conversion experience !22

With His Stripes ye are healed !

This scripture, perhaps more than any other, does inform us of the effects of the Death of Christ alone , for all whom He died, Tasted Death for Heb 2:9 for that is what stripes stand for, His Death, and by that the Inspired Apostle wrote " Ye are Healed " , which in its complete sense means " Ye were saved" ! The word healed here iaomai means:

I.
to cure, heal

II.
to make whole
A.

To Bring about something means:

to produce as an effect; bring about; accomplish; make happen

So its plainly being stated by Inspiration that Christ's Stripes, meaning His Death produced, and effected your Salvation, made you whole !

This cannot be denied without grave and serious consequences !

With His Stripes ye are healed !

This scripture, perhaps more than any other, does inform us of the effects of the Death of Christ alone , for all whom He died, Tasted Death for Heb 2:9 for that is what stripes stand for, His Death, and by that the Inspired Apostle wrote " Ye are Healed " , which in its complete sense means " Ye were saved" ! The word healed here iaomai means:

I.
to cure, heal

II.
to make whole
A.

To Bring about something means:

to produce as an effect; bring about; accomplish; make happen

So its plainly being stated by Inspiration that Christ's Stripes, meaning His Death produced, and effected your Salvation, made you whole !

This cannot be denied without grave and serious consequences !

With His Stripes ye are healed !2

The healing that is effected of 1 Pet 2:24 has its impetus in the forgiveness of sins, The Psalmist wrote Ps 103:3

3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Healing follows Forgiveness of sins for it is a Major Benefit of having Christ die for you, its congruous.

Now the healing which accompanies the forgiveness heals our backsliding, or our departure/s from God as stated here Hosea 14: 2-4

2 Take with you words, and turn to the Lord: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips.

3 Asshur shall not save us; we will not ride upon horses: neither will we say any more to the work of our hands, Ye are our gods: for in thee the fatherless findeth mercy.

4 I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

That word for heal is rapha' = I.to heal, make healthful

Its to heal their backsliding, the word meshubah and means:

faithless, turning back, apostasy

Remember Isa 53:6

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Well He heals that going astray, that turning to our own way and again it is declared Vs 5

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

It comes because, He was wounded for Our Transgression, because Our Iniquity was laid upon Him, that produces a healing from faithlessness or unbelief ! Unbelief caused the departure from God Heb 3:12

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Thats what Adam and Eve did in the garden because of the serpent !

Back to our text, what prededed the promise to heal the backslididng ? Look at Hos 14:2

2 Take with you words, and turn to the Lord: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips.

Dosent that Look to this Isa 53:6

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

And what does Christ do with them after they are laid on Him ? Ps 103:12

12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

That word removed here rachaq means:

I.
to be or become far, be or become distant, be removed, go far away
A.
(Qal) to be far, be distant

B.
(Piel) to send far away, extend

C.
(Hiphil)
i.
to make or exhibit distance, be gone far

ii.
to remove, put far away

II.
(Niphal) loose

John the Baptist speaks of it here Jn 1:29

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

The words taketh away here mean I.to raise up, elevate, lift up
A.
to raise from the ground, take up: stones

B.
to raise upwards, elevate, lift up: the hand

And the words take away here Hos 14:2

Those words mean also :

to lift, carry, take

The taking away of sin and receiving us graciously speaks to the reconciliation that is effected in the Death of Christ Rom 5:10 !

All for whom Christ has died has a clean slate before God's Law and Justice, and so the vital application of the healing takes effect, which heals our backsliding in adam, or our turning to our own way Isa 53:6. This healing gives us repentance toward God and Faith in Jesus Christ.

God's anger has been turned away ! How so ? By the propitiation of Christ 1 Jn 2:2 and that brings healing22

Back