Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christ applies redemption as well!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Dan 9:24 ! 2

Christ's death for His People, the Elect of God made an end of sins !

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

The sins of those Christ died for have forever been taken away from the view of God's Law and Justice, They have been taken away Jn 1:29

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

They have been far removed Ps 103:12

12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

They will never be found against them Jer 50:20

20 In those days, and in that time, saith the Lord, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

By Himself He purged our sins if He died for us Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

That word purged katharismos:

C.a cleansing from the guilt of sins wrought by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

He made an end of the guilt of our sins, those whom He had the guilt of them charged to Him on their behalf !

Listen no sin or sins can ever be charged against them before the court of God's Law and Justice Ps 32:1-2

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Thats just how complete and thoroughly His One sacrifice put away and made an end of sins for His People ! 26

Dan 9:24 ! 3

Next, The Death of Christ accomplished a making of reconciliation for iniquity ! Dan 9:24

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

The word reconciliation kaphar :

I.to cover, purge, make an atonement, make reconciliation, cover over with pitch
A.
(Qal) to coat or cover with pitch

B.
(Piel)
i.
to cover over, pacify, propitiate

ii.
to cover over, atone for sin, make atonement for

iii.
to cover over, atone for sin and persons by legal rites

C.
(Pual)
i.
to be covered over

ii.
to make atonement for

Its an word meaning atonement, to purge away sin ! The Book of Hebrews 1:3

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

That word purged katharismos:

C.a cleansing from the guilt of sins wrought by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

Again purge Ps 65:3

Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away.

Also Heb 2:17 is from This Prophesied "and to make reconciliation for iniquity" from Dan 9:24, and it reads Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

This also shows us that Christ's First coming fulfills Dan 9:24, its all about what His death should and would accomplish for the sins of the People

Because Christ effected Reconciliation for the sins of the People, they are reconciled to God even when they are enemies in themselves Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Dan 9:24 ! 4

Another accomplishment of the death of Christ seen out of Dan 9:24

To bring in everlasting Righteousness !

This of course is the Righteousness of Christ 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

All for whom had their sins imputed to Him, in turn had His Righteousness made over to them 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

This is what is revealed to the People of God in the Gospel of their Salvation Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein[The Gospel] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Yes this is that everlasting Righteousness brought forth. George Whitfield said of this Everlasting Righteousness :

1. What we are to understand by the word "righteousness." Some would say "moral honesty," doing justice between man and man. It likewise signifies inward holiness, wrought in us by the Spirit of God. I think the word here used means "imputed righteousness." When Christ's righteousness is spoken of, we are to understand Christ's obedience and death; all that Christ has done and suffered for an elect world — for all that will believe on Him. It might be called a blessed righteousness, a glorious righteousness, an invaluable righteousness; the angel here calls it an "everlasting righteousness."

2. On what account is it called an "everlasting righteousness"?

(1) Because it was intended by God to extend to mankind even from eternity. From all the ages of eternity God had thoughts of us.

(2) Because the efficacy of Christ's death took place immediately upon Adam's fall. Christianity in one sense is as old as the creation.

(3) Because the efficacy of it is to continue till time shall be no more.

(4) Because the benefit of it is to endure to everlasting life. Those whom God justifies, them He also glorifies.

3. What are we to understand by Christ's bringing this righteousness in?

(1) Our Lord's promulgating and proclaiming it to the world. It was brought in under the law, but then under types and shadows, Jesus Christ brought life and immortality to light by the gospel.

(2) Jesus brought in this righteousness, as He wrought it out for sinners upon the cross.

(3) The expression also implies Christ's bringing it, by His blessed Spirit, into poor believers' hearts. "An unapplied Christ is no Christ at all." Are there any here that can go along with me on this doctrine?

( G. Whitefield, A.M.)

All for whom Christ died are made Righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

And sooner or later in this Life God sends them the Gospel to reveal that Everlasting Righteousness they have imputed to their account for the Sake of Christ having been made sin for them 2 Cor 5:21 !

He saves sinners out of sin and unbelief !

1 Tim 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

But also remember that their are particular sinners That have Salvation in this Christ Jesus 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

So He came to save Elect sinners from their sins, and from out of Unbelief !

See, the Elect[by nature] are lost and imprisoned in Unbelief Per 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all[all the election of grace from the jew and Gentiles] in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Now this Christ must save them from if He is their Saviour from sin and its consequences, which is unbelief !

Now there are some if not many in false religion who teach erroneously and culpably that Christ Jesus does not save unbelievers, but that is the most preposterous thing an evil heart of unbelief can think of, for if that was True, no one could be saved from their sins, for as a consequence of sin, all men are imprisoned in unbelief, for it is part of being experimentally lost !

Now the Testimony of the Apostle Paul refutes this devilish lie without a doubt, in that Christ came and saved him out of unbelief.

Its recorded to be a pattern, Remember how he persecuted the Flock of God, and was a Blasphemer ? Paul testifies that he did it in unbelief 1 Tim 1:13

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

That was the sin that so easily beset him ! Yet God showed him mercy Rom 11:32 in unbelief and he was converted in the height of his unbelief and rampage into a believer and a Apostle 1 Tim 1:13-14

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Notice how that by Grace Faith was given him to deliver him from unbelief, So his testimony in light of his conversion out of unbelief and hate for Christ Jesus is this 1 Tim 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners[out of unbelief and ignorance]; of whom I am chief.

16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

To obtain mercy means to be converted from unbelief that we may hereafter believe on Him to Life everlasting. Sinners here in Vs 15 is synonymous with unbelief in Vs 13, which proves that Christ saves unbelievers, else they would have never believed ! 27

Were made Righteous !

All for whom Christ died have been made Righteous, simply by His One Obedience apart from theirs ! Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

This being made Righteous by His One Obedience is merely the antithesis or opposite of having been made sinners by ones act of disobedience apart from theirs !

Now Christ's active obedience that issued in His Death, even the Death of the Cross was made up of His doing the Will of God, expressed here Ps 40:7-8

7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

His will was to , in behalf of those Chosen in Him, Isa 42:21

21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Which was what man in the first adam utterly failed to do ! So as a result we read Rom 5:19a

You see, in Christ's active obedience as the Last Adam on His way to the cross, He performed a absolutely perfect Obedience to God's Law to every commandment and righteous rule of conduct that the Law required of man, in outward conduct and in inward thoughts and every word spoken 1 Pet 2:22

Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Ps 34:13

Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

His Active Obedience also included all His works , and Miracles His Life from His cradle to the Cross, thats why it is also affirmed that He was Made under the Law Gal 4:4-5

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Now, all of His Active Obedience to God's Will and Law, His Perfect and Spotless Obedience to every precept of it in outward and inward conformity, in thought and tongue, as a Free Gift of Reckoning, it has been charged to the account of them for whom He died and so we read Rom 5:19

That word Righteous dikaios:

I.righteous, observing divine laws
A.
in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God
i.
of those who seem to themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves in their virtues, whether real or imagined

ii.
innocent, faultless, guiltless

iii.
used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in the heart or life
a.
only Christ truly

B.
in a narrower sense, rendering to each his due and that in a judicial sense, passing just judgment on others, whether expressed in words or shown by the manner of dealing with them

iv.
approved of or acceptable of God

Listen, as a free Gift of Imputation, that Active Obedience of Christ, in His Pure and Spotless thinking, feeling and performing wholly in conforming to the Will of God as Per Ps 40:7-8;Heb 10:7
that Active Obedience is given to all for whom He died and represented as that given them what was done being represented in Adam, So thats why Rom 5:19 is True, we are made Righteous with that Active Obedience of Christ that He rendered to God's Law and Commandments in our behalf, If He died for us ! 27

All for whom Christ died, in His Active Obedience, from the cradle to the Cross, all the requirements of God's Holy Law, that reflect His Purity and Perfections, have been performed in the Lord Jesus Christ, He in His Representative Capacity, Honoured the Law of God for us with Perfect Obedience; Now for all whom He Lived and died as an Representative for, each one of them individually, God the Father reckons upon them as a Free Gift of His Grace, an Unspotted Righteousness that Honored and Obeyed His Law with spotless purity, as though they did it themselves Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

The word gift dórea means:

a (free) gift, a gift (without repayment). The Ideal meaning is that something was bestowed and the recipient came into possession of or acquired it, or it was reckoned upon them, and so it is also written Rom 5:19

They are freely made Righteous because they have received by Imputation the Free Gift of Righteousness Vs 17 Its a Righteousness that means:

in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God;

Just as Christ kept them ! Jn 15:10

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

More on Active Obedience of Christ !

There is another dimension of importance in the Obedience of Christ for His People/ Sheep, which is a passive obedience, after having satisfied for God the Law Keeping aspect for God's People, there needed to be the obedience unto the Death of the Cross Phil 2:8

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

You see, the Sheep still had sinned already, that is broken God's Law, and this passive obedience to the death of the Cross has to do with Christ, for all His Sheep, bearing their sins and its penalty, Death. They had sinned first in their Federal Natural head Adam even before they had any physical existence, thats what Rom 5:12 reveals and of course they began sinning personally following their physical existence Eph 2:2-3

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

So because of that Christ's Obedience cost Him His Life, since He had been made their Surety, He must suffer the Eternal Agony that their sins against God's Law so deserved, He had to become a curse for them that they may go free from any curse Gal 3:13,14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

By doing this, He secured for them Spiritual Life as Vs 14 states, this is what all for whom He was made a curse for receives :

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

They receive the blessing of Abraham, the Spirit, which is Life from Christ !

They receive the Spirit of Life because Christ's Active and Passive Obedience has been accepted by God for them and now because of Him, they are owed Life, it must be applied to them as effectively as Death was applied to Christ on their behalf !

Faith to Live and Serve God by !

Its no fluke that the scriptures state emphatically that the Just shall live by Faith Rom 1:17 that being all for whom Christ died, because His death of obedience makes them Just or Righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. or Just ! Thats because the word righteous dikaios means:

just; especially, just in the eyes of God; righteous; the elect (a Jewish idea).

Its translated Just 6 times !

Now since Christ's Obedience makes one Just in the eyes of God, if He died for you, then the promise made to the Just is what ?

Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Its promised to them all that they shall live and experience a Life of Faith !

So if one does not believe on Christ, it means Christ did not die for them, or else Rom 1:17 and Rom 5:19 are Lies !

But scripture confirms scripture, and the effects of the Obedience of Christ unto death and or the shedding of His Blood, is that those He died for shall Live by Faith and serve the Living God, this also confirmed by Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Look whats in this verse : "How much more shall the blood of Christ purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

Now if thats not a clear declaration of the effect of the Blood of Christ, I dont know what is ! His Blood shed via His death ensures the purification of conscience from dead works to the serving of the True and Living God, which serving cannot be without Faith, So hence Faith is ensured by the Blood of Christ !

The word serve here, the greek word latreuó :

I serve, especially God, perhaps simply: I worship.

The Blood of Christ ensures True Worship of God ! Remember Paul wrote Phil 3:3

For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Guess what ? Thats the effect of the Blood of Christ being shed for him/them ! The serving / worshipping God in the Spirit is the result and effect of Christ's Blood shed for anyone it was shed for !

Now any denial of this Truth, any opposition to it, is antichrist ! Its absolutely impossible for anyone Christ died for ,not to eventually in this Life , begin to live by Faith and serving the True and Living God, else Christ's Blood was not even as effective as that of bulls and goats !27

Faith to Live and Serve God by ! 2

Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

The Blood of Christ, the Blood He shed for many Matt 26:28, for all of them He did die for, that Blood effects a Power inwardly unto them, which causes them to begin to serve the Living God.

They do partake of the New Covenant Blessings within His Blood, that does affect the inward parts Jer 31:33

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Heb 8:10

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

It is then they can and do begin to serve the Law of God with their Mind and Heart like Paul says here Rom 7:25

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Yes, this sering of the Law of God with His Mind was an effect of the Blood of Christ Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 27

Rom 5:17

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Now who is it that receives the Gift of Righteousness ?

Why its those Christ died for, by His Obedience alone they are made Righteous Rom 5:19

Yes, that being made Righteous is the same as in Vs 17 as receiving the Gift of Righteousness !

Now what is the Promise to those who received the Gift of Righteousness or were made Righteous ? The Promise is :

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

What this means, those who have by the Obedience of Christ, have been made Righteous, they shall receive a New Birth, a New Life, a New Life of Spiritual Victory and Liberty, which consists in a Life of Faith 1 Jn 5:4

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

In order to reign in Life they must have Two things given them, Life Spiritually and Faith. They are made Kings and Priests 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Rev 5:10

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

The Main Point of Rom 5:17,is just as the result of the one offence of Adam was death, we begin our earthly and natural life in spiritual death and alienation from God, But likewise and through Jesus Christ, all who are made Righteous Rom 5:19, Shall be made alive to reign in Life ! So if anyone Christ died for does not reign spiritually in Life here on earth, then Christ's death comes to nothing !

It causes those He died for to become overcomers !

Rev 12:11

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Here we see that John attributes the Churches Overcoming the devil not by our Faith, but First and foremost by the Blood of the Lamb !

The word overcome nikaó :

I conquer, am victorious, overcome, prevail, subdue.

Now the attributing cause or reason for this overcoming is stated to be by διά the preposition that means:

gen: through, throughout, by the instrumentality of, (b) acc: through, on account of, by reason of, for the sake of, because of.

of one who is the author of the action as well as its instrument, or of the efficient cause

It could read : "And they overcame him [The Devil] by reason of the Blood of the Lamb "

Its on account of the Blood that we become overcomers by Faith 1 Jn 5:4

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

The Blood of Christ is the reason why that those who Christ died for receive a New Birth of the Spirit by which the Gift or Fruit of Faith accompanies it Gal 5:22 and that God given Faith gives them Victory that overcometh the World, Flesh and devil.

Remember the writer of the Hebrews Letter says that its by the Blood that our conscience is purged from dead works to serve the Living God Heb 9:14

You see that ? That right there is an aspect of how the Blood of the Lamb causes us to overcome the dead works of false religion, thats a Victory over the devil, since he causes many to believe lies 1 Tim 4:1

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

The Blood of Christ is the Primary Cause why God's Elect People cannot remain deceived ! And why Jesus says Matt 24:24

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Now all of the Elect by nature are as others born deceived as Paul alludes to here Titus 3:3

For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

But Thanks to the Blood of the Lamb, we the Elect cannot remain deceived, we must by the Power and Authority in the Blood of the Lamb be undeceived ! This is something accomplished by the Atonement of Christ ! 27

Salvation comes from His Death !

Its simply amazing how many so called Believers in Christ, they dont even believe that His Death ALONE saved those He died for, which such a belief is essential to Faith in Christ, believing on Him for all of Salvation; in other words, if we dont believe Christ's Death ALONE is what saves a Soul for whom He dies from Death, the Penalty of Sin, that is Death in all of its phases, Spiritual, Eternal, and out of Physical Death if we must die Physically, for all shall not sleep, then quite frankly we dont believe in Christ, that's all to it , we are yet in unbelief, no matter how religious and sincere we may be !

Now there are numerous scriptures that teach God's True People that Christ's death alone saved those He died for, yet at this Time I will Highlight one in particular that is so neglected, which is this One Jn 12:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

The Corn of wheat here that falls into the Ground and DIES, signifies Christ's Death Vs 32-33

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

This is all in the same context of Jn 12 ! And if He as that Corn of wheat dies, the result is, " it bringeth forth MUCH Fruit" which is meant by that Salvation, The Salvation of Souls, The Fruit of Life Eternal !

The bringing forth much fruit is the producing of a numerous Offspring or descendants , for the word fruit karpos does mean:

B.the fruit of one's loins, i.e. his progeny, his posterity

Its related to the Great Prophecy Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin[Fall into the Ground and die], he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

That word seed zera` means:

D.offspring, descendants, posterity, children

Yes, Jn 12:24 is the same as Isa 53:10, and this offspring receives its Life from Christ 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

And there is no other way to understand Jn 12:24, the verse simply teaches the Eternal Salvation of each and everyone Christ as the Corn of wheat fell into the Ground and died for, Seeing His Seed is the Fruit of His Death, or bringing forth much fruit ! 28

He finished the Work God gave Him to do !

John 17:4

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Now what exactly was the Work that He finished ? Was it to make Salvation possible ? What about available ? No never, but it was everything needed to be done for the complete Salvation, the Saving of Gods Covenant People Israel, Remember the Promise Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Thats His Work God gave Him to do, to ensure that that Promise comes into fruition.

For this cause He was given a Covenant unto the People Isa 42:6-7

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

These things constitute their Salvation from sin ! Now Christ the Lord did accomplish this Work, He executes everything needful for everyone of Israel [God's Elect from all Nations] to come into a Saving Knowledge of their Salvation by experience, He finished all things needed to accomplish that Jn 19:30

30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Not one of them shall be Lost. They needed the Spirit to work effectually in their Lives in order for this to be done and accomplished, so thats why after complteing the Work of the Cross,God gave Him the Holy Spirit to pour upon all He had been given as a Covenant Head to Acts 2:32-33

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

This act ensures that everyone for whom He died comes into the Saving Knowledge of the Truth 1 Tim 2:4

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

And the And the Holy Ghost that Christ sheds upon them effects this outcome 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

The Work of the Spirit through Christ fufills the Will of God the Father expressed in 1 Tim 2:4 !

He finished the Work God gave Him to do ! 2

Now if this doesn't happen unto all for whom God desires to be saved and come into a Knowledge of the Truth as expressed in 1 Tim 2:4

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Then Christ Lied here Jn 17:4

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

And He was delusional and lied here Jn 19:30

30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

That word finished there means:

II.to perform, execute, complete, fulfil, (so that the thing done corresponds to what has been said, the order, command etc.)

God's Commandment from the Work of Christ is Everlasting Life Accomplished Jn 12:50

And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

God is NOT GLORIFIED if Christ did not finish all that needed to be finished that ensured the Execution of the Divine Purpose and Will which to seek and TO SAVE ALL that which was Lost Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Christ has miserably failed if What He finished upon the completion of His Work does not effect that All whom God willed to be saved and come into the Knowledge of the Truth as Per 1 Tim 2:4, which is to experience Salvation in the belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13 ! 28

He finished the Work God gave Him to do ! 3

Now it cannot be said enough, unless 1 Tim 2:4 ; Lk 19:10 are performed successfully for all whom God desires it for, then again Christ did not finish the Work the Father gave Him to do as Per He said He did here Jn 17:4

Now myself and every True Believer does believe Christ accomplished God's Will and desire, and that everyone God desired to be saved experimentally Lk 19:10; 1 Tim 2:4 is saved and shall be saved, and consequently any that are not saved and do remain in a lost state, then obviously they were not of the all of them that God desired to be saved , lest again we charge Christ with failure to Finish His Fathers Work given Him to do ! 28

He finished the Work God gave Him to do ! 4

Again, this cannot be overemphasized, If Christ's Death and Obedience did not ensure the Eternal Salvation of all whom His Father and God desired it for 1 Tim 2:4

Then scripture is also misleading when it reads thusly Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

" the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand."

It could read as well " the will or desire of the Lord shall prosper in his hand."

Now what is God's Desire in 1 Tim 2:4 ?

He finished the Work God gave Him to do ! 5

We looked at the scripture Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

That word pleasure chephets which means:

desire, longing

And so could very well read Isa 53:10 thusly :

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the desire of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

And the word prosper does mean to succeed !

The Desire or the Will of the Lord shall succeed in the Hand of Christ. We looked at that its God's desire that this happens 1 Tim 2:4

That word will thelō means:

to desire, to wish

So it could read :

4 who desires that all men should be saved and come to [the] knowledge of [the] truth.

Now this desire in the Hand of Christ is suppose to succeed ! He is responsible for its accomplishment ! Look what's said here as to what He is suppose to accomplish for the Father Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

10 The Son of Man came to find lost people and save them.”

But now, If just one whom the Father God desired to be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth, and it was certainly Christ's mission to loose nothing as depicted from His own Words here Jn 6:39

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Then how did the Pleasure, the Desire of the Lord prosper in His Hand ? Simply speaking, it did not ! If God desired all to be saved and yet one was not saved, Christ Lied when He said He finished the Work the Father gave Him to do Jn 17:4 there is no way to escape this crucial conclusion !

Question here :

Is it possible for sinners that Christ died for, for their sins to be forgiven by God while they're in a unbelieving and rebellious state, much like as Paul was as saul persecuting the Church ? Yes or No ?

Redeem us from unbelief/iniquity !

Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

If Christ died for anyone who doesnt eventually in this life, believe in Him, come to Live by Faith as it is written Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

And if one for whom He died to redeem ends up as one of these Jn 8:24, dying in their sins in unbelief, then that means His Blood and or Redeeming Death failed the purpose of God to redeem them from all iniquity as Per Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

14 He gave himself for us in order to rescue us from every kind of lawless behavior, and cleanse a special people for himself who are eager to do good actions.CEB

14 He gave himself for us. He died to free us from all evil. He died to make us pure—people who belong only to him and who always want to do good.ERV

For he gave himself for us all, that he might rescue us from all our evil ways and make for himself a people of his own, clean and pure, with our hearts set upon living a life that is good.

Yes, His Death was for that Purpose, for the producing the results of " redeeming us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."

Now if just one for whom He died comes short of His death producing that result for them, the Redemption in His Blood has failed the Purpose of God for it, and whosoever teaches that one for whom Christ died, can yet die in their sins and unbelief as Per Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.,

They are teaching willfully that Christ's Death was a failure, which makes them the servant of sin , teaching something that is against the success and purpose of Christ's Death for all whom He died !

Redeem us from unbelief/iniquity ! 2

Now Christ's Death, the giving of Himself for all whom He gave Himself for, His Church Titus 2:14

Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

So the Us in Titus 2:14 is the Church of Eph 5:25 !

This giving of Himself was for the specific of redeeming them from all iniquity !

Now lets establish that this was indeed the Purpose of it, contained in the words of phrase "that he might redeem us from all iniquity"

This phrase is subjunctive that begins with the conjunction Hina, which means:

in order that, so that.

hína (a subordinating conjunction) – for the purpose that (in order that), looking to the aim (intended result) of the verbal idea.

a prim. conjunction denoting purpose, definition or result

The word denotes purpose in the greek, so that the purpose should be fulfilled, for instance Matt 1:22

22 Now all this was done, that/hina it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

Matt 2:15

15 And was there until the death of Herod: that[hina] it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Hence, Christ gave Himself for all those He gave Himself for, that it might be fulfilled, that they are redeemed from all iniquity, and purified unto a peculiar people, zealous of good works !

The word purify in Titus 2:14 is the same greek word used in Acts 15:9

And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

This shows, gives evidence to the fact that Faith is in the intended result of Christ's redeeming death, its not from man !

So His death is responsible in the Purpose of God to bring about these results #1 Redemption from all iniquity, #2 and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The word peculiar periousios means:

I.that which is one's own, belonging to one's possessions

A. a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession 28

Back