Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christ applies redemption as well!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Repentance is more than just a change of mind. When Hebrew thoughts and concepts were translated into Greek for the NT, often the words did not exactly line up; so it is just as important to understand the underlying Hebrew thought.

To repent, Metanoia in Greek, certainly means to change your mind. But as our Lord and His first disciples were all native Aramaic speakers (dialect of Hebrew spoken in the first century Jewish community) a look at the word to repent in Hebrew is necessary. It is teshuva, and means to turn around and go back the way you came. The root is shub, the verb to turn.

That means repentance is not just a changed mind but a change of life and action as well.
You missing my point, repentance is given as an gift in Salvation.

They shall all Know me !

One of the Blessings of the Covenant Death of the Lord Jesus Christ for all whom He died, it is they shall receive a heart to know Him and the Father , to know God !

Jer 31:34

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

I just Love the shall's of God, they mean its a sure thing !

Jesus stated that was His Purpose here Jn 17:2-3

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jesus says of His Sheep that He was to lay His Life down in behalf of this Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Heb 8:11

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

That word know here in Heb 8:11 does not mean a mere nominal knowing, but spiritual knowing. Its a causing one to know, turning the mind to. Its a experimental knowing/perception and includes Faith.

So its also a promise of Faith, They shall all believe in Me.

Jer 24:7

And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

By His Stripes we are healed !

1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

There is perhaps no clearer scripture testimony in the word of God, that does declare the Saving Effects of the Death of Christ, in fact the very word healed means :

to cure, heal

2) to make whole

a) to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation

Now if all for whom He died [ The meaning of His Stripes] are not healed, made whole, converted or saved experientially so that they died to sin and begin to live to Righteousness, then His Stripes [Death] was a Utter failure. By Christ's Death [Stripes], its to effect a conversion, a New Life unto God. This conversion unto a New Life of Righteousness includes living for now on by Faith, resting in the imputed Righteousness of God revealed in the Gospel Rom 1:16-17.

So the Healing that comes from Christ's stripes is a New Creation inside of each one He died for, and by it they live in Righteousness and Holiness all the days of their lives Lk 1:74-75

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Christ's Glory Given !

All for whom Christ died, to the exclusion of not one, have been given by Him Glory, in the form of a Promise Note Jn 17:20-22

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Jesus here also makes it unquestionably clear that His present intercession request did not just pertain to those who were at that specific time hearing Him while in His immediate presence [His Chosen Disciples excluding judas], but for them also who shall believe o Him through their Word or their Testimony; and so He goes on to say of them ALL Vs 22

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

That is, He has given it to His Chosen disciples, judas the son of perdition not included, and secondly, all whom shall believe on Him through their word of Testimony, whether by their literal preaching or by their present epistles and letters. This is the same Glory Paul writes about in this chain of predetermined events Rom 8:29-30

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

By Christ's actual statement that He has given [Perfect Tense] it to them already, though it has not yet come to past in its completion and perfection, they cannot be without it, or He will be found a liar, but the performance of it is sure, based upon the Word of Him that cannot lie. This was Glory contingent upon His Death for them Heb 2:9-10

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

All whom He tasted death for [in behalf of] every man of them, brings them to Glory, which is the fruit of His Sufferings and Death for them !

Rom 8:32; Jn 3:16

Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Jn 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

If God gave His Son in Death for Some, then also with Him were given them , all things freely !

Now what are these all things given freely with Him ? Lets read 2 Pet 1:3

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

The all things that accompany the giving of Christ to those He was given in behalf of, consiteth in, All things that pertaineth to Life[Spiritual] and Godliness !

The first thing He gives them is Life Spiritually. When Christ was given, to those He was given in behalf of, to them also is freely given Life, Spiritual. Jn 6:33

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life[Spiritual] unto the world.

Jn 5:21

21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

That word quickeneth is zōopoieō:

to produce alive, begat or bear living young

2) to cause to live, make alive, give life

1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening[life giving] spirit.

All whom God gave Christ unto in Death, with Him, Gives them Life, to cause to be made alive unto God !

He gave them Justification of Life Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Next, He gives them Godly Repentance unto Salvation 2 Cor 7:9-10

9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.

10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

That word godly is key. Godly Repentance accompanies Salvation, it accompanies Spiritual Life out of the Spirit of God.

Christ gives Repentance as Saviour Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

This confirms that with Him, God gives all things. Repentance to Life Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

He also with Him gives them Faith to believe in Him. Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

There can be no godliness without Faith. For the Just [Justified] shall live by Faith All these are things that accompany Salvation, which is all in the giving of Christ Heb 6:9

9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

If Faith, Godly Repentance, are not sooner or later manifested in our lives, then there is no evidence or proof that Christ died or was given for us, as in Rom 8:32 and John 3:16, because with Him is also given all things that pertain to Life and Godliness for the Glory of God through Him !

He is the Author of our Salvation/ Obedience !

He is the Author of our Salvation/ Obedience !

For all whom He died, Christ is the Author of their Salvation, thats why they are obeying Him Heb 5:9

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey[or are obeying] him;

And so He is the Author of their Faith Heb 12:2

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

He is the Author of the Obedience of Faith, like with Abraham the Father of the Faithful Heb 11:8

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Christ is the Author of Abraham's obedience of Faith here !

So Christ, for everyone He died, is the Author, the Causer of their Conversion experience whereby they begin to live by obedient faith, as does all the seed of Abraham Heb 11:8 all the True Heirs are called the same way Heb 9:15

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Understand, that Both in Heb 11:8 and Heb 9:15 its a Divine Call unto the same Eternal Inheritance. The Eternal Inheritance in Heb 9:15 is the equivalent to the Everlasting Canaan Land that was Promised Abraham and his seed here Gen 17:5-8

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

The promise Eternal Inheritance was not given to Abraham and his physical seed ethnic isreal, but to Abraham as an Spiritual man of Faith and his Spiritual seed of Faith, comprised of men and women of all Nations Vs 5. Abraham's physical seed was only a type and shadow, His True descendants related to him in regards to this promise is through His spiritual seed Christ and all who belong to Him Gal 3:16,29

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And all of this seed of promise, have Christ as the Author of their Salvation and Obedience of Faith !

Seems like you missing it to me, Repentance is a gift from God.
In part - yes it is. But that is not ALL of repentance.

There is the gift from God.
There is the internal quality decision we must make. Metanoia.
And there is the follow thru of walking out that decision. Teshuva.

Redeemed unto Service !

Not only did Christ's Blood alone redeem us from all Iniquity if He died for us Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

But its also responsible for providing us a life of Good Works and or Spiritual Service unto God, Titus 2:14; Eph 2:10

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Rom 5:9-10

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Being made a Kingdom of Priests [Spiritual Service] denotes God Glorifying Works of Service, again Spiritual Services.

1 Pet 2:5

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

In part - yes it is. But that is not ALL of repentance.

There is the gift from God.
There is the internal quality decision we must make. Metanoia.
And there is the follow thru of walking out that decision. Teshuva.
Yeah, you missing my point.

It gives the Victory !

1 Cor 15:57

But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

All for whom Christ died, He causes them to be overcomer's, they are the overcomer's.

The word victory nikos:

to utterly vanquish 234

Its also connected with the word nikaō:

to conquer

a) to carry off the victory, come off victorious

1) of Christ, victorious over all His foes

2) of Christians, that hold fast their faith even unto death against the power of their foes, and temptations and persecutions

3) when one is arraigned or goes to law, to win the case, maintain one's cause

Since Christ by His Death was victorious over all His Foes, its the same as they were since He was and is the Head of them He died for. His Victorious Death was not for Him as a Private Individual, so His Victory or Overcoming is not for Him as an Private Individual.

So scriptures like these where the word overcome is used as here Rev 2:7

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

That applies to them He died for, they overcome by Him 1 Cor 15:57

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory/overcoming through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Rev 2:11

11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

He has abolished Death for all whom He died !2 Tim 1:9-10

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Rev 2:17

17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

God has already with Him given us all things Rom 8:31-32

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

He gives us with Christ, if He died for us, the Victory and all the overcoming Promises we have rehearsed in Rev 2-3 !

It makes alive !

Many in false religion deny the life giving effects of Christ's Death, unto all for whom He died. For simply put, He died in order for them to live unto God ! 2 Cor 5:14-15

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Here we have a Truth given that Christ died for all, that He died for, gave His life for Eph 5:25, but what is seriously neglected, is that by His Death for all, its concluded, that all died with Him, meaning, that in His Death for them, God legally declares that they have died too n His Death. Now understand this, its this Truth that exposes the false teaching of those who say that Christ's Death was merely a sacrifice for sin, for that is only a half truth, but not only was it that, it was also substitutionary, vicarious, in that in Him, all for whom He died, died as a result of God's law and Justice against their sins, being now satisfied against their persons, as it was satisfied in His Person. Its like saying that through Him, they have all personally paid the penalty of all their sins, past, present and future, and now its nothing left for them but to be given a New Life, to start afresh, which New Life is granted by New Birth, becoming a New Creation, so it comes into fruition as to the purpose Christ died for them, that they may live [spiritually] not unto themselves, but for Him that for their sakes, and in their stead, died and was raised.Its by this Resurrection they are begotten again unto a New Life. 1 Pet 1:3. The word begotten again in the original is anagennao and means:

to produce again, be born again, born anew

2) metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

This New Life is Granted because that old life of sin against God's law and Justice is dead, and so Paul writes here Rom 7:4

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

They have died to the Law by the Body of Christ [His Vicarious Death],to the same thing in 2 Cor 5:14, that they should be married to another [The Son of God] or not to live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them and rose again !

Peter also writes to the purport as the result of His Death 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness[ By a New Life]: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Christ's Death accomplished this New Life for all whom He died, it makes them alive to God.

Rom 6:11

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Forgiven to make alive !

Col 2:13-14

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Who is it that hath been quickened ? Why its them only who has been forgiven of all their trespasses;Yes thats right, for they were not quickened to have their trespasses forgiven, but since they were already forgiven, they had to be quickened or made to live or made alive !

Now how and when were they forgiven, why it was at the Cross, where Christ was victorious over their sins and the law,where He made a show of them openly, of which they can never be charged against us or Him again, neither can they condemn us or Him again, and this goes for all transgressions, past, present and future, and so it behooves Christ as their Saviour to give unto them He died for, a communication of the Knowledge of the remission of their sins Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Accomplishments of Christ's Death for those He died for!

When we have been given a good understanding of the scripture by the Author of it, the Holy Spirit, who is promised to Christ's Redeemed Church, and promised to lead it [every member of it] into all Truth relevant for Faith and Practice Jn 16:13; 1 Jn 2:20,27, then that Christ did not lay down His Life for all men without exception, but for the Sheep Jn 10:11-15, it is clearly obvious by realizing the accomplishments and effects it gives and bestows upon them He surely died in behalf of, now understand this ye who are against Christ, all them Christ died for, tasted death for Heb 2:9, He offered Himself as a sacrifice for, for His Death, an one offering for their sins, and by this fact we shall know that it was not an offering for all men without exception, because all for whom this sacrifice was offered, are sanctified and perfected by it in God's Reckoning Heb 10:10,14, also having through it Justification from or remission of all sins, and also by this sacrifice, their sins and iniquities will never be remembered again in a manner of condemnation and eternal judgment, but that this is not true of all individuals without exception is evident from these scenarios yet imminent Matt 25:41; Rev 20:11-15

Sanctification inwardly !

Heb 13:12

12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

All for whom Christ died, by it [ His Death] it was to provide a inward sanctification as well, not only are they sanctified in the Divine Purpose of God as was Jeremiah 1:5

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

BTW this sanctification applies to all the foreknown People of God Rom 11:2; Rom 8:29, but His Death communicates an inward sanctification which is consistent with the sanctification in His Purpose, hence by His Blood / Death, all for whom He died has their conscious purged from dead works, to serve the Living God Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Notice what the Blood of Christ is said to do, to purge our conscience. The word purge is the word καθαρίζω and means:

I cleanse, make clean, literally, ceremonially, or spiritually, according to context.

And the word conscience suneidésis:

the conscience, a persisting notion.

properly, joint-knowing, i.e. conscience which joins moral and spiritual consciousness as part of being created in the divine image. Accordingly, all people have this God-given capacity to know right from wrong because each is a free moral agent

The conscience is part of the inward man, and the blood of Christ is said to cleanse it.

Cleanse it from what ? Dead Works ! What are Dead Works ? Religious works performed by dead men, dead spiritually ! Its religion without God given Faith. Its not worshiping God in Spirit and in Truth as Per Jn 4:23-24

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Well, Christ's Blood provides God with those type of worshippers that God the Father seeketh such to Worship Him!

The Blood of Christ sets apart God's People experientially, from dead men religion which is Idolatry. It redeems them from a vain religious life received by tradition of our fathers 1 Pet 1:18-19

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Thats dead works also of Heb 9:14 this vain[devoid of truth] conversation received by tradition.

Now understand this, if each person for whom Christ died, shed His Blood, does not experience this conversion, this Sanctification from dead works, unto serving [worship] of the True and Living God, then His Blood has lost its Value and Purpose, it has miserably failed the Divine Purpose !

But I know that it will, to the Glory of God !

All for whom Christ died and rose again, all of them by the purpose of God, did exist in Him by Purpose and Representation, even when He sat down in heavenly places as Per Eph 2:6

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

This even though they in and of themselves may not have yet been born sinners in the flesh and then afterwards been born again, none of that has to occur for them to be risen together with Christ. In fact the Resurrection of Christ from the dead was their First Resurrection Rev 20:6

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The first resurrection, or the chief one is that of Christ Himself from the dead as the Head of the Body, His Church Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Notice that this Resurrection constitutes them Priests of God, notice 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

And remember that these were those who had been begotten again how ? By the Resurrection of Christ from the Dead 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

It makes them Rich !

2 Cor 8:9

9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that or in order that ye through his poverty might be rich.

This is an express purpose of His Death, or His becoming poor [Phil 2:5-8] it makes those He died for become Rich [spiritually], which richness is the source of their Faith James 2:5

5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

The poor in spirit become rich in Faith, because Christ was made poor for their sakes. The poor in spirit are heirs also stated here Matt 5:3

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

That chosen poor that become rich in Faith are the Chosen of God here Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Being poor in spirit is one of the many spiritual blessings they get according to their choice in Christ !

So Christ died that those He died for might be made rich in Faith because they are joint heirs together with Him of God !

It makes them alive !

All for whom Christ died and rose again, they are already made alive with Him, being made alive together with Him their Head, even though they in themselves are sinners and His enemies by nature. That this is so is taught here Eph 2:6

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

The word raised here is the greek verb synegeirō:

to raise together, to cause to raise together

2) to raise up together from mortal death to a new and blessed life dedicated to God

Now this is True of all for whom Christ died for and rose again in God's Perspective !

This was also stated in the OT in type here Isa 26:19

19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Hos 6:2

2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

This speaks of those that Christ died for and arose the Third day. 1 Cor 15:3-4

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

For instance, when Saul, who is now Paul, when he was going about persecuting Believers and consenting to their death, he was already, raised up together with Christ and sitting in heavenly places with Him ! This is True of all those Christ died for while in a state of Nature. This is Grace untold, and a Truth like this cannot be received by the natural man, its foolishness to him.

Blessings of Christ's Death before we believe !

For whomever Christ did die for, the following is True of them no matter what, either before and after conversion, meaning before and after they become believers !

First, its True that He indeed died for them, both in their stead as a substitute and on their behalf, or for their good 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins[By His Death for us], should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Secondly, For all whom He died, He also arose, because of their Justification Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for[Because of] our justification.

Many do celebrate easter , supposedly commemorating the Lords Resurrection, but very few understand the True significance of that Blessed Event, for it was the evidence that all for whom Christ was delivered for their offences, that they are now Justified before God ! Yes, even before they believe !

Thirdly, For them, He sits on the Right Hand of God !

Fourthly, He makes intercession for them, and all this is witnessed to by the Apostle here Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again[For our Justification], who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

This making Intercession, Isaiah wrote of the same Isa 53:12

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

You see that ? He made Intercession, not for the believers, but for the transgressors, those He bare their the sins, the many ! Any Transgressor Christ makes Intercession for shall be saved by His Life, shall come to God by Him Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Isaiah's here by prophecy is speaking of Christ's Priestly Work for those only that He Represented, the Israel of God, and this Work Justifies them before God or accounts them as Righteous, Yes even before they believe, because its not based upon their believing, but upon Christ bearing their sins !

Notice how Isaiah under inspiration of the same Spirit as Paul, did link together, the bearing of sins, and the making of Intercession,m in either case this is Priestly Work done by Christ for those He died for before they believe !

Back