Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christ`s Seat of Power and Authority.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Marilyn C

We know from God`s word that the Godhead, (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) are all equal, in unity and of the same mind. However in function there is a hierarchy.

At the source there is provision by the whole Godhead, then the Father initiates, the Son administers and the Holy Spirit is the direct agency.

Thus we see that it is the Father`s desire for His Son to administer rulership over all God`s great kingdom. (Eph. 1: 9 & 10)

Now we know that when Jesus ascended He went to the Father`s right hand on His throne.

`...far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come, and put all things under His feet...` (Eph. 1: 21 & 22)

The Godhead however is unseen, and dwells in unapproachable light. (1 Tim. 6: 16) Yet the Father desires that His Son will rule VISIBLY in His glorified exalted body.

The Father however has asked the Son to wait on the Father`s throne until He (the Father) has brought the Son`s enemies to His footstool, meaning for judgment. (Ps. 110: 1) (The Father has given the Son authority to execute judgment. John 5: 27)

Thus in the Father`s timing and appointment the Lord Jesus will be established upon His own throne, visible for angels and glorified man to see and worship.

`...a throne set in heaven...` (Rev. 4: 2)

`(Father) I have set my King on my holy hill of Mount Zion.` (Ps. 2: 6)

From there the judgments will begin - `And from the throne proceeded lighnings, thundering and voices.` (Rev. 4: 5)

`The LORD (Father) shall send the rod of your (Son`s) strength out of Zion. Rule in the midst of your enemies.` (Ps. 110: 2)

What are your thoughts?

Marilyn.

Thus in the Father`s timing and appointment the Lord Jesus will be established upon His own throne, visible for angels and glorified man to see and worship.

From there the judgments will begin - `And from the throne proceeded lighnings, thundering and voices.` (Rev. 4: 5)

`The LORD (Father) shall send the rod of your (Son`s) strength out of Zion. Rule in the midst of your enemies.` (Ps. 110: 2)

Greetings, sister, and God bless you.

I agree with you up to the above statements. I think where you are going askew is that you are interpreting the verses concerning God making His Son's enemies His footstool as a reference to a throne in Heaven (your reference to Revelation 4:2, if I understand you correctly), whereas it is actually a reference to one on earth. This is what your last verse in Psalm 110:2 is in reference to; ruling in the midst of His enemies, i.e. from Jerusalem.

Forgive me if I am not understanding your argument accurately. That would be my response if I am.

God bless,
- H

Greetings, sister, and God bless you.

I agree with you up to the above statements. I think where you are going askew is that you are interpreting the verses concerning God making His Son's enemies His footstool as a reference to a throne in Heaven (your reference to Revelation 4:2, if I understand you correctly), whereas it is actually a reference to one on earth. This is what your last verse in Psalm 110:2 is in reference to; ruling in the midst of His enemies, i.e. from Jerusalem.

Forgive me if I am not understanding your argument accurately. That would be my response if I am.

God bless,
- H
Hi H,

Thank you for your reply. Now I am pleased that you have brought this point up as I knew it needed further explanation.

So we know that on earth Mount Zion was where King David ruled, and then further down was the city of Jerusalem. People tend to just think of the city but God is also focused on Mount Zion as the place where the kings ruled from, their seat of power and authority.

Now we also know that the earthly is but a type on the heavenly, for there is a heavenly Jerusalem and a heavenly Mount Zion.

`...you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the General Assembly and church of the first-born who are registered in heaven, to God the judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, to Jesus...` (Heb. 12: 22 - 24)

Thus we see that Mount Zion in the highest heaven is where the Father has `set` His Son to visibly rule and reign.

Hope that is clearer. Marilyn.

We know from God`s word that the Godhead, (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) are all equal, in unity and of the same mind. However in function there is a hierarchy.

At the source there is provision by the whole Godhead, then the Father initiates, the Son administers and the Holy Spirit is the direct agency.

Thus we see that it is the Father`s desire for His Son to administer rulership over all God`s great kingdom. (Eph. 1: 9 & 10)

Now we know that when Jesus ascended He went to the Father`s right hand on His throne.

`...far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come, and put all things under His feet...` (Eph. 1: 21 & 22)

The Godhead however is unseen, and dwells in unapproachable light. (1 Tim. 6: 16) Yet the Father desires that His Son will rule VISIBLY in His glorified exalted body.

The Father however has asked the Son to wait on the Father`s throne until He (the Father) has brought the Son`s enemies to His footstool, meaning for judgment. (Ps. 110: 1) (The Father has given the Son authority to execute judgment. John 5: 27)

What are your thoughts?

Marilyn.
Making his enemies a footstool for his feet does not mean judgement which renders no one a footstool for anyones feet. It is speaking of his enemies becoming his friends. Friends provide a rest for the feet. This refers to the changes in men because of the gospel on earth.

`...you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the General Assembly and church of the first-born who are registered in heaven, to God the judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, to Jesus...` (Heb. 12: 22 - 24)

Well yes. :) But now, this is on parallel with Paul's statement that we come boldly before the throne of grace to receive help in a time of need, i.e. we come before Him in prayer, not that we literally go before him. It also borrows on the teaching of Christ having led captivity (i.e the Old Testament saints) captive from Sheol up into Third Heaven, since Paul employed this teaching often to say we - the church - were in effect seated with Christ in heavenly places already, though much of the church was still present on earth.

Out of curiosity, how did you come to the teaching that Jesus will have his own throne in Heaven?

"Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool." (Isaiah 66:1) [see Matt. 5:35]

It is interesting to look at Chronicles: "I had it in my heart to build a house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the LORD and for the footstool of our God" (1 Chronicles 28:2) ... "The throne had six steps and a footstool of gold" (2 Chronicles 9:18).

The footstool also appears to be the temple: "Let us go to his dwelling place; let us worship at his footstool!" (Ps. 132:7)

But also, the footstool may be Israel: "He has cast down from heaven to earth the splendor of Israel; he has not remembered his footstool in the day of his anger" (Lamentations 2:1). However, this verse could be interpreted to be a reference to the temple.

Making his enemies a footstool for his feet does not mean judgement which renders no one a footstool for anyones feet. It is speaking of his enemies becoming his friends. Friends provide a rest for the feet. This refers to the changes in men because of the gospel on earth.

Hi Dorothy,

If we look at the context of Ps. 110 we see that the Lord will rule in the midst of His enemies, however His people (Israel) will be volunteers. This reveals the two groups - enemies and His people.

`The LORD shall send the rod of your strength out of Zion. Rule in the midst of your enemies!
Your people shall be volunteers in the day of your power;...` (Ps. 110: 2 & 3)

Marilyn.

Well yes. :) But now, this is on parallel with Paul's statement that we come boldly before the throne of grace to receive help in a time of need, i.e. we come before Him in prayer, not that we literally go before him. It also borrows on the teaching of Christ having led captivity (i.e the Old Testament saints) captive from Sheol up into Third Heaven, since Paul employed this teaching often to say we - the church - were in effect seated with Christ in heavenly places already, though much of the church was still present on earth.

Out of curiosity, how did you come to the teaching that Jesus will have his own throne in Heaven?

Hi Hidden In Him,

Thank you for asking.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on MY THRONE, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on HIS THRONE.` (Rev. 3: 21)

Marilyn.

"Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool." (Isaiah 66:1) [see Matt. 5:35]

It is interesting to look at Chronicles: "I had it in my heart to build a house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the LORD and for the footstool of our God" (1 Chronicles 28:2) ... "The throne had six steps and a footstool of gold" (2 Chronicles 9:18).

The footstool also appears to be the temple: "Let us go to his dwelling place; let us worship at his footstool!" (Ps. 132:7)

But also, the footstool may be Israel: "He has cast down from heaven to earth the splendor of Israel; he has not remembered his footstool in the day of his anger" (Lamentations 2:1). However, this verse could be interpreted to be a reference to the temple.
Hi T.E.Smith,

Interesting. However in context of Ps. 110 we see that the Lord is referring to `ruling` over His enemies.

`Rule in the midst of your enemies!` (Ps. 110: 2)

Marilyn.

The 24 Elders.

`Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes and they had crowns on their heads.` (Rev. 4: 4)

So who are these 24 Elders?

The new song they sing gives us their identity.

`You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; for you were slain, and have redeemed us to God by your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation and have made us kings and priests to our God and we shall reign over the earth.` (Rev. 5: 9 & 10)

We note that `every tribe and tongue and people and nation` is more than 24. Thus we realise that these 24 Elders are representative of the overcomers, the Body of Christ.

Other details are important also.

Around the throne & on thrones - only for the Body of Christ. (Rev. 3: 21)

Kings and priests - only for the Body of Christ. (Rev. 1: 6)

White robes - washed in the blood of the lamb.(Rev. 5: 9)

Crowns of gold - promised (James 1: 12, 1 Thess. 2: 19, 1 Peter 5: 2 - 4, 1 Cor. 9: 24 - 27, 2 Tim. 4: 8)

Thus we see that the Lord the Royal (king) High Priest has His other royal (king) priests with Him. What a glorious celebration that will be, seeing the investiture of the Lord Jesus Christ in His glorified body, exalted visibly for angels and the overcomers.

Note all this precedes the tribulation which is when the Lord and His Body will judge the world system and fallen angels.

`Do you not know that the saints will judge the world?....Do you not know that we shall judge angels?` ( 1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3)

Any thoughts?

Hi Hidden In Him,

Thank you for asking.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on MY THRONE, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on HIS THRONE.` (Rev. 3: 21)

Marilyn.

Ok, that's interesting. The question still remains, though, as to where the throne of Christ will be situated, and for this I would argue that in Revelations 3:14-22 He is referring to after He establishes His kingdom earth in Jerusalem after His return, in that He promised to the twelve disciples that they would rule with Him, judging the twelve tribes of Israel during the millennium.

Hi Hidden In Him,

First we know as you said that the 12 disciples will sit on thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel. (Matt. 19: 28) However when that is will be in the NHNE, in the city, the New Jerusalem.

`Now the wall of the city had 12 foundations, and on them were the names of the 12 Apostles of the Lamb.` (Rev. 21: 14)

So to Rev. 3: 14 - 22. You said - He is referring to after He establishes His kingdom earth in Jerusalem after His return,

I agree with that for we move on to Rev. 4, where we see His throne `set` in the highest heaven.

Remember that the throne in Israel is King David`s throne, with the Lord`s authority from it and ruling over it.

`a Son.......Upon the throne of David and over his kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and justice.` (Isa. 9: 6 & 7)

A regent king will rule under the Lord, in the millennium. A man called David who will have sons to give his inheritance to. (Jer. 30: 9, Ez. 37: 24, 46: 16)

Marilyn.

Hi Dorothy,

If we look at the context of Ps. 110 we see that the Lord will rule in the midst of His enemies, however His people (Israel) will be volunteers. This reveals the two groups - enemies and His people.

`The LORD shall send the rod of your strength out of Zion. Rule in the midst of your enemies!
Your people shall be volunteers in the day of your power;...` (Ps. 110: 2 & 3)

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn

He never rules by powerful tyranny. He rules, but not by subjection. He does that today.

Not at all, but you’d probably have to know Him to see it. He’s never been a tyrant. He never will be.
The Bible also says that all things will eventually be subjected to God. That's in the epistles. I'm on my phone and it's midnight where I am so I'm not going to bother to look up the verse right now. What's the biblical support for your position? What do you think the rod of iron symbolizes?

The Bible also says that all things will eventually be subjected to God. That's in the epistles. I'm on my phone and it's midnight where I am so I'm not going to bother to look up the verse right now. What's the biblical support for your position? What do you think the rod of iron symbolizes?
All things will be subjugated doesn’t mean a violent military take over. Men will be volunteers to live according to his just laws, more and more.

I’m also on a phone. It means not wishy washy but firm justice.

All things will be subjugated doesn’t mean a violent military take over. Men will be volunteers to live according to his just laws, more and more.

I’m also on a phone. It means not wishy washy but firm justice.
Join or die. Actually, not just die - suffer eternally in a lake of fire.

Back