Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christ`s Seat of Power and Authority.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It’s more desire to do justly to others and love mercy so you treat others as you’d like to be treated or you’ve made yourself unbearable to live with for eternity.
I'm not understanding you. You seem to be blending sentences without punctuation.

I'm not understanding you. You seem to be blending sentences without punctuation.
Heaven will have no locks so we don’t want those who’ve made themselves into thieves there.

CS Lewis says in the end people will have made themselves into creatures fit for either Heaven or Hell.

Heaven will have no locks so we don’t want those who’ve made themselves into thieves there.
Remember how in the parables of the wedding, the doors were locked and Jesus said I never knew you? Also my phone is about to die so I'll have to pause this conversation now.

Hi Marilyn

He never rules by powerful tyranny. He rules, but not by subjection. He does that today.
Hi Dorothy,

Remember - `Then I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse. And He who sat on Him was called Faithful and True, and in RIGHTEOUSNESS HE JUDGES AND MAKES WAR.` (Rev. 19: 11)

Yes the Lord is never a tyrant or a dictator, however He does judge and make war RIGHTEOUSLY.

Also the Lord Jesus is at the right hand of the Father at the moment building and maturing His body, interceding for them. He is NOT operating as King over the nations as yet. He is waiting till the Body is mature by His Holy Spirit, (Eph. 4: 13) and then with His Body He will rule over the nations, bringing the righteous judgments upon the rebellious. )Ps. 110: 1 & 2)

Marilyn.

Hi Dorothy,

Remember - `Then I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse. And He who sat on Him was called Faithful and True, and in RIGHTEOUSNESS HE JUDGES AND MAKES WAR.` (Rev. 19: 11)

Yes the Lord is never a tyrant or a dictator, however He does judge and make war RIGHTEOUSLY.

Also the Lord Jesus is at the right hand of the Father at the moment building and maturing His body, interceding for them. He is NOT operating as King over the nations as yet. He is waiting till the Body is mature by His Holy Spirit, (Eph. 4: 13) and then with His Body He will rule over the nations, bringing the righteous judgments upon the rebellious. )Ps. 110: 1 & 2)

Marilyn.
Hi Marilyn

When he “made war” on Satan and threw him down, no man was aware a war was going on. Our battle is not against the material but the spiritual. Just so the war is spiritual not material.

We differ in that I do see him ruling over the nations. The kingdoms of this have and are becoming the kingdoms of our Lord who rules seated at the right hand of the Father until his enemies have been made a footstool for his feet. Hebrews 10:13, Luke 20:43, Acts 20:35, Hebrews 1:13, Mark 12:36, Matthew 22:34

The difference probably is due to differing expectations of what it means for him to be ruling. That is, what you expect that will look like and what I expect it to look like.

Marilyn, where does the Ephesians verse say he’s waiting until “the body is mature before he comes?”

I’ve been a follower of Jesus some decades and I find the body less mature than decades ago. There are more christians but not more maturity and instead less. Christians today can hardly hold mature discussions even. Their feelings are hurt if someone tells them they are wrong on a matter.

Marilyn, where does the Ephesians verse say he’s waiting until “the body is mature before he comes?”

I’ve been a follower of Jesus some decades and I find the body less mature than decades ago. There are more christians but not more maturity and instead less. Christians today can hardly hold mature discussions even. Their feelings are hurt if someone tells them they are wrong on a matter.
Hi Dorothy,

I know what you mean. However we need to remember that across the world where we cannot see there are millions who are walking close to the Lord. It is just, especially in the West that many believers have grown comfortable in this materialistic world system. When that idol falls in their lives, (the great depression coming) then we should see many addressing their focus.

I do not measure believers by man`s religious organisations. In my area I know that there are a few believers who are seeking the Lord and so on throughout some towns along the valley. I visit them and have good fellowship, study and prayer together. We also help in needs and in discipling others.

So may I encourage you to keep strong, find one other to fellowship with, pray and study God`s word. Then each of you do that with another and so on. (2 Tim. 2: 2)

Now about Eph. 4: 11 - 16 we see that the Lord is maturing His body corporately and individually. Verse 13 says -

`...till we all come to the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God to a perfect (mature) man, to the measure of the statue of the fullness of Christ; - (Eph. 4: 13)

This indicates that there is a specific goal that the Lord is working by His Holy Spirit towards. Corporately the Lord, the Head of His Body, over the years and across the world has been revealing great truths that were put aside -

- Salvation by faith in Him, adult baptism in water, infilling of the Holy Spirit, gifts of the Holy Spirit, 5 ministries of the Lord, the eternal purposes.

Many people in the past (& today in some countries) have been martyred or ostracized for standing for a truth. Today we have most of those clarified and we can take them lightly, but they have been stood for through great trials.

regards, Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn

When he “made war” on Satan and threw him down, no man was aware a war was going on. Our battle is not against the material but the spiritual. Just so the war is spiritual not material.

We differ in that I do see him ruling over the nations. The kingdoms of this have and are becoming the kingdoms of our Lord who rules seated at the right hand of the Father until his enemies have been made a footstool for his feet. Hebrews 10:13, Luke 20:43, Acts 20:35, Hebrews 1:13, Mark 12:36, Matthew 22:34

The difference probably is due to differing expectations of what it means for him to be ruling. That is, what you expect that will look like and what I expect it to look like.

Hi Dorothy,

Let`s look at those scriptures together.

Heb. 10: 12 & 13 `..sat down at the right hand of God from that time WAITING till His enemies are made His footstool.`

Luke 20: 43 `TILL I (Father) make you enemies your footstool.`

Acts 20: 35 Paul said -`I have shown you in every way by labouring like this, that you must support the weak...`
(not sure if this is the verse you want).

Heb. 1: 13 `.....TILL I make your enemies your footstool.`

Matt. 22: 34 `But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together.`
(not sure if this is the verse you want).

So most of your verse are to do with quoting Ps. 110: 1 concerning Jesus waiting at the Father`s right hand TILL His enemies have been made His footstool. And we know from that exalted position that the Lord is interceding for, building up and maturing His Body.

The Father on the other hand is bringing the Lord`s enemies to His footstool.

regards, Marilyn.

Hi Dorothy,

Let`s look at those scriptures together.

Heb. 10: 12 & 13 `..sat down at the right hand of God from that time WAITING till His enemies are made His footstool.`
The word is “expecting” which does not imply lack of action. Where he is, is there in the text. That he is not practicing the authority over all, is not. He is ruling from there. The expecting is the limiting factor in HIS RETURN, not him ruling.
Luke 20: 43 `TILL I (Father) make you enemies your footstool.`
After which he will return.
Acts 20: 35 Paul said -`I have shown you in every way by labouring like this, that you must support the weak...` (not sure if this is the verse you want).
Must have mistyped or gotten the wrong verse. Thanks for your kind answer.
Heb. 1: 13 `.....TILL I make your enemies your footstool.`
After which he returns. The enemies become his friends as the gospel spreads.
Matt. 22: 34 `But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together.` (not sure if this is the verse you want).
Same, my error. What was my point?
So most of your verse are to do with quoting Ps. 110: 1 concerning Jesus waiting at the Father`s right hand TILL His enemies have been made His footstool. And we know from that exalted position that the Lord is interceding for, building up and maturing His Body.
That is correct. He is also ruling and reigning. They are not mutually exclusive.
The Father on the other hand is bringing the Lord`s enemies to His footstool.

regards, Marilyn.
That is also true. The words indicate a gradually progress towards that end. It is not a sudden attack or only at a short point in time. This has been going on for 2000 years and is successful.

Thanks Marilyn

Hi Dorothy,

I know what you mean. However we need to remember that across the world where we cannot see there are millions who are walking close to the Lord. It is just, especially in the West that many believers have grown comfortable in this materialistic world system. When that idol falls in their lives, (the great depression coming) then we should see many addressing their focus.

I do not measure believers by man`s religious organisations. In my area I know that there are a few believers who are seeking the Lord and so on throughout some towns along the valley. I visit them and have good fellowship, study and prayer together. We also help in needs and in discipling others.

So may I encourage you to keep strong, find one other to fellowship with, pray and study God`s word. Then each of you do that with another and so on. (2 Tim. 2: 2)

Now about Eph. 4: 11 - 16 we see that the Lord is maturing His body corporately and individually. Verse 13 says -

`...till we all come to the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God to a perfect (mature) man, to the measure of the statue of the fullness of Christ; - (Eph. 4: 13)

This indicates that there is a specific goal that the Lord is working by His Holy Spirit towards. Corporately the Lord, the Head of His Body, over the years and across the world has been revealing great truths that were put aside -

- Salvation by faith in Him, adult baptism in water, infilling of the Holy Spirit, gifts of the Holy Spirit, 5 ministries of the Lord, the eternal purposes.

Many people in the past (& today in some countries) have been martyred or ostracized for standing for a truth. Today we have most of those clarified and we can take them lightly, but they have been stood for through great trials.

regards, Marilyn.
Yea I agree. This is likely a more western phenomena.

I’m not discouraged though nor becoming weak. I worked as a missionary for a time and learned to get encouragement from the scripture and God Himself. When you’re sort of “it” in the days of no mobile phones or internets or laptops, you went to God and learn to get from Him what you need to continue. I still get my main encouragement from Him so no worries. “Thousands may fall at your side and ten thousand at your right side but it will not come near you.”

The word is “expecting” which does not imply lack of action. Where he is, is there in the text. That he is not practicing the authority over all, is not. He is ruling from there. The expecting is the limiting factor in HIS RETURN, not him ruling.

After which he will return.

Must have mistyped or gotten the wrong verse. Thanks for your kind answer.

After which he returns. The enemies become his friends as the gospel spreads.

Same, my error. What was my point?

That is correct. He is also ruling and reigning. They are not mutually exclusive.

That is also true. The words indicate a gradually progress towards that end. It is not a sudden attack or only at a short point in time. This has been going on for 2000 years and is successful.

Thanks Marilyn
Hi Dorothy,

No matter, for we all make mistakes. Yes a gradually process of the Father bringing the enemies to His Son`s feet for judgment. And I believe this is soon.

Marilyn.

Yea I agree. This is likely a more western phenomena.

I’m not discouraged though nor becoming weak. I worked as a missionary for a time and learned to get encouragement from the scripture and God Himself. When you’re sort of “it” in the days of no mobile phones or internets or laptops, you went to God and learn to get from Him what you need to continue. I still get my main encouragement from Him so no worries. “Thousands may fall at your side and ten thousand at your right side but it will not come near you.”

Hi Dorothy,

Thank you for sharing about your journey in the Lord there. I think although it would have been hard in a natural sense you would certainly have been and still are most blessed to be very close to our Lord which is where He is leading us all as we continually surrender to Him.

regards, Marilyn.

Hi Dorothy,

No matter, for we all make mistakes. Yes a gradually process of the Father bringing the enemies to His Son`s feet for judgment. And I believe this is soon.

Marilyn.
Ah dear Marilyn,

I think he’s making “his enemies a footstool for his feet” (different than bringing them to his feet to be judged) by making them his friends. But it is happening gradually, I agree. One method is by force, the other love.

Blessings
Dottie

Ah dear Marilyn,

I think he’s making “his enemies a footstool for his feet” (different than bringing them to his feet to be judged) by making them his friends. But it is happening gradually, I agree. One method is by force, the other love.

Blessings
Dottie

Hi Dorothy,

So we can agree that we see the Holy Spirit drawing people to Christ and we can also see the nations being brought together to be judged by the Lord.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Hi Dorothy,

So we can agree that we see the Holy Spirit drawing people to Christ and we can also see the nations being brought together to be judged by the Lord.

Blessings, Marilyn.
Hi Marilyn
Yes except those two are separately described events in the Bible. There is judgement after the resurrection for sure.

Blessings
D

Psalms 110:1-7 is a prophecy set for the time of Christ return where we read in Rev 19:11-21 of His second coming as He comes in the air with His army of the heavenly host (angels) and only with the words He speaks will destroy the beast and its false prophet and all the government leaders of every nation that followed after the beast. Then will come the Great White Throne judgement of God.

This is also mentioned in Daniel 7:15-28; Hebrews 10:13 and 1 Corinthians 15:24-28 as all are cross references to Rev 11:15-19 that is the third woe that occurs sometime after the sounding of the 7th trumpet. This will be the time when the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

It also borrows on the teaching of Christ having led captivity (i.e the Old Testament saints) captive from Sheol up into Third Heaven, since Paul employed this teaching often to say we - the church - were in effect seated with Christ in heavenly places already, though much of the church was still present on earth.
John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

As I understand this verse Jesus said that no one has ever been taken up to heaven after they died. Jesus nor the angels have ever returned for anyone after His ascending to sit at the right hand of the Father being our mediator before God, John 3:13. The resurrection of the dead has not happened yet as it is only our breath/spirit that made us a living soul that returns back to God who gave it when this physical body dies and returns to the dust of the ground from where it came from, Genesis 2:7; Ecc 12:7. No one is resurrected until the one and only return of Christ who calls His Bride to meet Him in the air and then forever we will be with Him in all of Gods glory, John 5:28, 29; 6:40; 1 Corinthians 15:51-55; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

BTW, I only wanted to respond to your reply as not to derail the thread, but of an observation.

Paul employed this teaching often to say we - the church - were in effect seated with Christ in heavenly places already, though much of the church was still present on earth.
I may be wrong here, but I think Paul might have meant we are Spiritually seated with Christ in heavenly places like that of Colossians 3:1-4

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Back