Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christian Metal Singer Hires a Hitman to Take Out Wife

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Mike

For many of you, this might be old news, but I'm pretty out of the loop with pop-culture, as our children would confirm.

Here is the article on Wikipedia I'm referring to.

So, it went down that in 2014 that this singer of a heavy metal Christian band was arrested, tried, and convicted of attempting to hire a hitman to murder his wife. He went on to disclose that he faked faith in Jesus Christ in order to sell records.

Question: When hearing him admit this, what is your first response? Are you relieved that this wasn't another shining example of hypocrisy for anti-Christian people to scoff at our faith about? Or are you saddened to know that he is among the lost in this world?

Whether or not this story is new to you, think of your reaction whenever you did first learn about it.

I have to admit, I had a sense of relief at first, but then I had an afterthought that my heart might not have been in the right place. Interesting.

For many of you, this might be old news, but I'm pretty out of the loop with pop-culture, as our children would confirm.

Here is the article on Wikipedia I'm referring to.

So, it went down that in 2014 that this singer of a heavy metal Christian band was arrested, tried, and convicted of attempting to hire a hitman to murder his wife. He went on to disclose that he faked faith in Jesus Christ in order to sell records.

Question: When hearing him admit this, what is your first response? Are you relieved that this wasn't another shining example of hypocrisy for anti-Christian people to scoff at our faith about? Or are you saddened to know that he is among the lost in this world?

Whether or not this story is new to you, think of your reaction whenever you did first learn about it.

I have to admit, I had a sense of relief at first, but then I had an afterthought that my heart might not have been in the right place. Interesting.

hello Mike, dirtfarmer here

I don't find scripture that indicates that we are to be sad because of any one's unbelief. As a believer I do find that we are to be in a constant state of rejoicing because we have received salvation. I do find scripture that we are to pray for those that are without Christ to come to a saving knowledge of Christ. It does reveal that the only one that we can be sure that has received salvation is ourselves. We are told in scripture to not be a judge of other people because we can't see their heart.

dirtfarmer, certainly as believers, we should have compassion for the lost. While their salvation isn't our responsibility, it should matter to us when we know someone doesn't have faith in Jesus Christ.

I don't want to get right off on a tangent, so were you going to respond to my question? If you did have an initial response, what was it?

dirtfarmer, certainly as believers, we should have compassion for the lost. While their salvation isn't our responsibility, it should matter to us when we know someone doesn't have faith in Jesus Christ.

I don't want to get right off on a tangent, so were you going to respond to my question? If you did have an initial response, what was it?

hello Mike, dirtfarmer here

I do believe that we are to love the sinner, but not his sin, is scriptural. My response is what I stated, we can't judge anyone because we don't have the ability to look upon another person's heart. There doesn't have to be a reason for people to hypocritical about another faith. Jesus was accused of being a wine bibber by the Pharisee's

I hope that I have answered your questions.

My first response ,,, Heavy metal .. .. Christian?
I can understand this. It's not my thing either and hard to imagine, but the genuine ones are reaching people Michael W. Smith doesn't.
Thinking about it is nothing new... many people use scripture/Bible/Christianity to defraud
True, but the media is never short of examples to point at and scoff at our faith. It's also true that believers are not perfect. This is what non-believers never seem to take into consideration, but hiring someone to take your wife out? That's more than a guy falling prey to lust or greed.

my response is that its sad that the Christian media market is such that some people fake faith in Christ to sell $$$$ when they might not be able to "cut it" in the mainstream, secular media world.

Other than that, I'll pray for the man ((first time I"ve heard this, and...wow...), but as some other posters have pointed out, its certainly not the 1st time someone has faked faith in Christ to make monies off of the faithful.

I had not heard of this. But my first thought was not suprise. There are so many fakes throughout "Christianity" that when I hear of such things I just keep looking up.

It's one reason I hold no well known "Christian" in high regard. We are all capable of this, and I would rather not ever be disappointed.

My first response ,,, Heavy metal .. .. Christian?

Thinking about it is nothing new... many people use scripture/Bible/Christianity to defraud
About the same elvis listening Christian ,or using his style of music to reach the lost. Oh it's been done as I grew up in the faith on since the devil left me which is played to the beat of heart break motel.there's more bur I can't remember them.

Back