Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Christian?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

boodle

What does it mean to really follow Jesus? Is it a catch phrase to identify us as part of a special group? Is there a real tangible functional goal that we are to pursue, something more than just being forgiven?

I believe there is a key verse in scripture that defines the plan of God in short order. It is found in Ephesians Chapter 4. I choose to quote this from the Amplified Bible because it is a standard in Biblical Studies as it gives the full and complete understandings of the Greek words behind the English text.

Eph 4:11And His gifts were [varied; He Himself appointed and gave men to us] some to be apostles (special messengers), some prophets (inspired preachers and expounders), some evangelists (preachers of the Gospel, traveling missionaries), some pastors (shepherds of His flock) and teachers.

12His intention was the perfecting and the full equipping of the saints (His consecrated people), [that they should do] the work of ministering toward building up Christ's body (the church),
13[That it might develop] until we all attain oneness in the faith and in the comprehension of the [full and accurate] knowledge of the Son of God, that [we might arrive] at really mature manhood (the completeness of personality which is nothing less than the standard height of Christ's own perfection), the measure of the stature of the fullness of the Christ and the completeness found in Him.

There are those that will probably question if this section of verse can really happen on this side of heaven. There are also those that have received teachings that make this virtually impossible. I for one choose to believe that this high calling is God’s plan for man and I hope my studies will show you that my reasons are valid.

Isa 55:11 So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

Ephesians 4 will happen. It is only a matter of who will be part of it. May God bless you in your search for your destiny in God.

Introduction

None of God’s teachings through the Temple, the prophets, the torah, kings and miracles had brought about the completion of even one of God’s children. What was established was a plan for a Messiah that would lay down a blood sacrifice so that God’s wayward children could have permission to approach him and learn of him, a plan that would offer man the position that Adam lost. That plan and job of Christ was two fold –

1. To represent the heart, character, motives and intentions of his father, and to show us what God’s character looks and acts like developed and perfected in a human being. Through this would he be the complete and accurate example of perfected humanity.

2. To be a blood sacrifice and buy back the rightful position given away by Adam and to end the Mosaic Covenant and replace it with a New Covenant.. To be a doorway by which we could complete our heritage as sons of God.

What was needed was a real viable example for man to see. Because the human family was already established, when the time was full God brought forth a second Adam (Jesus). Conceived and given life by His Spirit (like the first Adam) and of Mary. Born to a woman, under the law and made like his brethren in every way, this Adam was to fulfill God’s original plan for perfected humanity. The last Adam, Jesus, was a complete and whole son that did not usurp his Father’s position. (See Genesis 2:7) (Spirit = breath in both Greek and Hebrew)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back