Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Christmas Is Almost Here

I know this written in English, but I just don't understand what is being said here.

You just mentioned Christmas tree lights. I immediately mentioned we don't bother with lights. That is, we don't put up Christmas lights.

:)

Question: for those who are into it, how many lights do you generally put on a Christmas tree (lights to foot ratio)?

You want me to do math? o_o xD
IDK. Actually, our artificial tree doesn't need any more lights because they made it with them already on.

You want me to do math? o_o xD
IDK. Actually, our artificial tree doesn't need any more lights because they made it with them already on.

How long have you had it? The reason I ask is they only last a few years before they go out and you have to cut them off and replace them. My parents had to do that with their tree. Kind of a pain in the butt.

How long have you had it? The reason I ask is they only last a few years before they go out and you have to cut them off and replace them. My parents had to do that with their tree. Kind of a pain in the butt.
Five years, I think. Maybe longer.

Five years, I think. Maybe longer.

This may be the year you will have to replace at least some of the strings. Of course that is only if they are the incandescent bulbs. If you got all fancy shmancy and sprung for the one with the LED lights, you should be good.

This may be the year you will have to replace at least some of the strings. Of course that is only if they are the incandescent bulbs. If you got all fancy shmancy and sprung for the one with the LED lights, you should be good.

K: You mean, like the Ford Motor Company's products years ago (if not now), the lights have built-in obsolescence?

Yeah, that may be the case. I think last year one section quit working, and we had to wrap a string of lights around that section.

Yeah, that may be the case. I think last year one section quit working, and we had to wrap a string of lights around that section.

questdriven:

Actually, when you think about it, how many light bulbs in a house will last 5 years? (Admittedly tree lights are only lit once per year for a few weeks, but anyway...)

questdriven:

Actually, when you think about it, how many light bulbs in a house will last 5 years? (Admittedly tree lights are only lit once per year for a few weeks, but anyway...)
True.

There's some long fluorescent lights in my washroom (which is where I go to wash my hands) that have lasted at least that long, I think. And still going.

True.

There's some long fluorescent lights in my washroom (which is where I go to wash my hands) that have lasted at least that long, I think. And still going.

questdriven:

Just imagine, though, how many neon lights have to be replaced periodically at places such as Vegas or Times Square...

Blessings.

K: You mean, like the Ford Motor Company's products years ago (if not now), the lights have built-in obsolescence?

Not necessarily obsolete, as there are still strings of incandescent bulbs available, they just only last a few years before at least half the string starts to go out.

We will be eventually going LED as they last 10 years at least, and the power consumption is way less.

Not necessarily obsolete, as there are still strings of incandescent bulbs available, they just only last a few years before at least half the string starts to go out.

We will be eventually going LED as they last 10 years at least, and the power consumption is way less.

I think all the eco-stuff needs to be accompanied with a strong dose of 'how can I save money?', rather than expect people to spend a lot of money on eco stuff for touchy-feely reasons that don't translate into concrete savings.

So, light bulbs that cut bills, are part of this, I guess.

I think all the eco-stuff needs to be accompanied with a strong dose of 'how can I save money?', rather than expect people to spend a lot of money on eco stuff for touchy-feely reasons that don't translate into concrete savings.

So, light bulbs that cut bills, are part of this, I guess.

Absolutely, just walk into any home improvement store and check out the lighting section. Switching from incandescent bulbs to LED would be a power savings of over 80%. Of course these bulbs are a bit more expensive, so you do have to weigh those differences, but when you are talking about a bulb that lasts 3-5 years, to another one that will last over 10, I think the math speaks for itself.

Back