Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[__ Prayer __] church

AIR

i found a church that i might like, they have friday night meetings for young people and i was thinking of going there, however im very scared to go there alone. i have skipped it a few times now. how can i encourage myself

Air,
Remember that God does not want us to fear things in this world - go with confidence to try it out knowing that God is there with you. He will let you know if it is right for you.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Set your mind to attend the next Friday night meeting, and then attend. Sometimes the unknown can be daunting. Yet, your faith is stronger than the unknown. Once you're there, participate & observe. If it is our Lord's plan for you to continue attending, you will know.

Be blessed, AIR !

He gives up a spirit not of timidity, but of a sound mind. And...

Perfect love casteth out all fear.

These 2 verses have really meant a lot to me over the past year or so.

Sadly I skipped the friday youth meeting but I never been there before. I decided to go there on sunday and I'm gonna see what is it like, then probably i will attend at friday

I went to that church and it was awesome, i fell in love with that and i think im going to go there in the future too. I didn't really talk anyone there than the host but it seemed nice church.

I went to that church and it was awesome, i fell in love with that and i think im going to go there in the future too. I didn't really talk anyone there than the host but it seemed nice church.

Well it's good to be in the atmosphere.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The initial connection has been made between you & the church.... if the second & third visits to the church are as awesome as the first, then you may just have found a church home.

You're such a sweetheart, AIR, that it's not going to take long before you meet & develop friendships with some of the members of that church.

:thumbsup

Prayers continue for you :wave2

i found a church that i might like, they have friday night meetings for young people and i was thinking of going there, however im very scared to go there alone. i have skipped it a few times now. how can i encourage myself
I actually did the same thing in February! I joined the youth group ( although I already knew some of the people) and it was awkward at first. But that's how you meet new friends who share a love for Christ like you. It's like school. You don't know people, but soon you'll be hanging out with everybody! And never skip a chance to learn more about Jesus!

hallo. Bear in mind there is no such thing as 'perfect church'. This should go a long way helping you and preparing you - just in case.

Back